Why I’m no longer a Christian

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#443889 Feb 11, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Likely why most Jews don't claim Christ as their Savior. Christianity isn't of the Torah. Judaism is.
Yep. According to Christianity you can shove a stick up a lamb's ass and call it a sacrifice.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#443890 Feb 11, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Tried and true huh X? How so? If I was projecting I would be telling CJ what he believes, wouldn't I?
Incorrect.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#443891 Feb 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. According to Christianity you can shove a stick up a lamb's ass and call it a sacrifice.
Now that's good.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#443892 Feb 11, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>Incorrect.

What one calls facts doesn't make any difference.

You're proving that point.
So, what you call facts makes no difference? I can live with that :)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#443893 Feb 11, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>You're welcome to think whatever you like.

You are also welcome to project those thoughts on to me.

It's what folks need to see.
Thanks, I will :)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#443894 Feb 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Keeping you honest, the others did not mention any antichrist, you need to differentiate between the Gospel and the epistles when citing "John" as well.
All are forgeries though and none are written by the apostle after whom they are named.
The others are talking about the antichrist.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#443895 Feb 11, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>Incorrect.
Naturally.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#443896 Feb 11, 2013
Christians, as we have just seen, will often attempt to combine disperate texts to show that the Bible mentions The Antichrist, while the texts themselvse say no such thing.

They will take the Johannine letters against the docetists where the word antichrist is used to describe their competitors.

They will take the reference to the Seleucid king, Antiochus Epiphanes, from Daniel and turn that beast into The Antichrist, without the text saying that.

They will take the reference to the reincarnated Nero from Revelation and turn that beast into The Antichrist, removing the text from its context.

Bible learnin' time:

In apocalyptic writing, the seer often can not understand the visions, so a divine figure will always clarify, as is the case in Rev. 13. If one continues reading to chapter 17, the divine figure explains:

(This requires a mind that has wisdom.) The seven heads are seven mountains the woman sits on. They are also seven kings: five have fallen; one is, and the other has not yet come, but whenever he does come, he must remain for only a brief time. The beast that was, and is not, is himself an eighth king and yet is one of the seven, and is going to destruction.

Seven kings, five have fallen; >one is<, and the other has not yet come...

It requires a mind that has wisdom.*snort*

“"None shall pass"”

There

#443898 Feb 11, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's good.
Thanks. Just thought it up. I think I'll keep it.
BRIC APEC AFRO LATIN

United States

#443899 Feb 11, 2013
Worst tworld combined is the obnoxious Militaristic US interventionist imperialist Empire builder!

The Int'l War crimes tribunal had tried Bushjr & co. for War crimes agaisnt humanity, you next!

This is what out US As CHRISTAIN NATION represents:

Death is our business and business is good. A slogan painted on a Vietnam War U.S. helicopter unit's quarters 'Death is our business and business is good.'

Trials of Henry Kissinger, Christopher Hitchins, p31

==
Henry Kissinger, " The desire of one power for absolute security means absolute insecurity for all the others.

"Soldiers are expendable -- dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy."

"The illegal we do immediately, the unconstitutional takes a little longer.

"If we can't control Latin America, how can we dominate the world?

Control oil and you control nations; control food and you control the people.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#443900 Feb 11, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what you call facts makes no difference? I can live with that :)
Correct.

Facts are verifiable, like the current example of me showing the readers, with your help of course, "the verifiable fact" that The Antichrist is not found within the texts of the Bible.

What you or I or anyone else thinks about those facts is immaterial, the facts is just the facts. The facts don't care, the simpy exist and can be verified, regardless of what anyone says about them.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#443901 Feb 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
The OT should have been dropped from their Bible. Would have given thema better case.
Ain't that the truth, something I've said for quite a while. They should have just pretty much said:

"Ummm, hey, guys, we're a new religion and really are just making most of it up as we go. Suggestions are welcomed."

“"None shall pass"”

There

#443902 Feb 11, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
The others are talking about the antichrist.
Which is only mentioned in the Epistles of John.
It is antichrist, not THE antichrist.

What preacher told you that the other things were "The Antichrist" or that "The Antichrist" even exists ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#443903 Feb 11, 2013
Christianity is the equivalent of believing that the kitten in Little Red Ridinghood is Ben Franklin, the first Emperor of the USA.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#443904 Feb 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't that the truth, something I've said for quite a while. They should have just pretty much said:
"Ummm, hey, guys, we're a new religion and really are just making most of it up as we go. Suggestions are welcomed."
It would have been the honest thing to do.

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#443905 Feb 11, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Half the people here have terminal illnesses. The other half are just dying really slow.
STOMPCREPITUDE!
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Herr Stompburg,
We're all "dying slowly"....
STOMPIN-to-the-Grave;
"Life is a sexually transmitted, terminal disease." Wayne Dyer.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#443906 Feb 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
The OT should have been dropped from their Bible. Would have given thema better case.
Technically, it was removed from the first closed Christian canon.

Anybody? Anybody?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#443907 Feb 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
A Christler.
Oh, no, you di'ent!!

(Wee, okay, that was a little bit funny...)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#443908 Feb 11, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. xoxo. I will humble myself to stand for the Bible and my Savior, but I cannot condone what many others so in the name of Christianity. It has no conditions to qualify for the name-tag. It is as superficial as me claiming I am invisible at the moment.
I prefer more that the Shepherd calls me as being of His flock than me telling others that I am. My need to prove that to others is meaningless. Neither did my God tell me to hate, persecute, judge, or condemn those that do not believe as me.
Interesting use of language, there.

Only among fundies can "humble" mean "arrogant", and "sheep" mean "leader"...

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#443909 Feb 11, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
Facts are verifiable, like the current example of me showing the readers, with your help of course, "the verifiable fact" that The Antichrist is not found within the texts of the Bible.
What you or I or anyone else thinks about those facts is immaterial, the facts is just the facts. The facts don't care, the simpy exist and can be verified, regardless of what anyone says about them.
So how would I verify these 'facts' that currently only seem like your interpretation?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Aura Mytha 48,275
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min X Pendable 182,636
Incest 14 min DebraE 8
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 18 min DebraE 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min Rosesz 646,443
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 32 min spinosaurus baryonyx 618,561
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 33 min The Hangman 971,614
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 44,652
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 hr Annaleigh 105,560
More from around the web