Since: May 10

Location hidden

#443585 Feb 10, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW...
How's my favorite witch?
I'm okay.

Ol' gut stomper certainly does seem to have a rich fantasy life involving me; I don't know if I should feel flattered or creeped out. A little of one and a lot of the other, I guess.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#443586 Feb 10, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm okay.
Ol' gut stomper certainly does seem to have a rich fantasy life involving me; I don't know if I should feel flattered or creeped out. A little of one and a lot of the other, I guess.
I can see you're good as ever.

And yeah, the Gut....

Weak.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#443587 Feb 10, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL *snort*
Yes.

*morally reprehensible snicker*

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#443588 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Atheists claim atheism to be a religion? That's news to me.
What I see mostly is theists claiming that atheism is a religion so that they can say that atheism is a religion.

It makes sense to a theist, I think.

The Borderland of Sol

#443589 Feb 10, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Mac's an Aussie? That's why he's so funny!
Laffin.

Irish, as happens - the "convict" tag is part of an amusing story.

El Troll de Muchos Nombres seems to think it bothers me - although I've told the story here myself.

Pitiful, really.

The Borderland of Sol

#443590 Feb 10, 2013
Acadia wrote:
<quoted text>
He's an atheist. He's always wrong, especially about the things that point out his ugliness, nastiness, and irrational behavior.
Who, moi?

ROFL.

The Borderland of Sol

#443591 Feb 10, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hey, Bob, when you leave, can you take the trash with you?
He's a strange person.

I've never claimed to be a sniper of any kind.
I do like kayaking in the 'Glades - that's 30 minutes West of me, so why not?
I've never claimed to be any kind of medic.
And, like most men with even pretensions to civility, I regard my love life as my own business.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#443592 Feb 10, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
What I see mostly is theists claiming that atheism is a religion so that they can say that atheism is a religion.
It makes sense to a theist, I think.
My opinion; Saying atheism is a religion puts it on the same playing field as theism and allows for - "your belief is just as unsupported as mine!".

The Borderland of Sol

#443593 Feb 10, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Creepy stalker behaviour that is.
<quoted text>
wtf??
LOL!!
LMAO!!
ROFLMFAO!!!
As though I'd risk sickening the 'gators.

The Borderland of Sol

#443594 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm okay.
He's just an ineffectual bicycle seat sniffer.
I don't even read his cwap any more.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#443595 Feb 10, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Laffin.
Irish, as happens - the "convict" tag is part of an amusing story.
El Troll de Muchos Nombres seems to think it bothers me - although I've told the story here myself.
Pitiful, really.
Leprechauns are funny too...troll has no hope...lol...

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#443596 Feb 10, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion; Saying atheism is a religion puts it on the same playing field as theism and allows for - "your belief is just as unsupported as mine!".
I think you're probably right on target.

The Borderland of Sol

#443597 Feb 10, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Leprechauns are funny too...troll has no hope...lol...
I saw a leprechaun once.

I think. It was rather late in the evening...

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#443598 Feb 10, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I saw a leprechaun once.

I think. It was rather late in the evening...
Lol...
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#443599 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
There's nothing more comedically entertaining than an angry Goob.
LOL.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#443600 Feb 10, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>He's a strange person.
I've never claimed to be a sniper of any kind.
I do like kayaking in the 'Glades - that's 30 minutes West of me, so why not?
I've never claimed to be any kind of medic.
And, like most men with even pretensions to civility, I regard my love life as my own business.
I'm with you, Mac.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#443602 Feb 11, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Karl, I put your posts to me in one post to respond to. If you need to go back to see your post’s as intended they start here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...
I do not feel that I was ranting. I asked for opinion’s when it comes to the term fundie being used when it comes to an atheist, and several of the posts have the definition of fundamentalist in them. I was not questioning the definition of atheist, simply why some would say that the term fundamentalist can not be used when it comes to an atheist. I was questioning if it is simply offensive -or- truly not appropriate.
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Karl, I put your posts to me in one post to respond to. If you need to go back to see your post’s as intended they start here:
I do not feel that I was ranting. I asked for opinion’s when it comes to the term fundie being used when it comes to an atheist, and several of the posts have the definition of fundamentalist in them. I was not questioning the definition of atheist, simply why some would say that the term fundamentalist can not be used when it comes to an atheist. I was questioning if it is simply offensive -or- truly not appropriate.
Communication is an issue

You must have a different interpretation of the word "rant" than do I. My definition does NOT include censure.

If there were "definitions" of the word "fundamentalism" or "fundamentalist" before your post including "the question" wrt the term "fundie"; I missed those posts. AND you asked about the term “fundie” NOT the term(s) fundamentalism or fundamentalist. I yet see where you (or any other person) has defined the term “fundie”

How is anyone to comment upon the use of an undefined term?

Wrt theists, the term “fundie” usually refers to a particular approach to the understanding and interpretation of (biblical) scripture, and reliance upon (Christian) apologetic in the understanding of dogma and scripture. Beyond that: the term is quite frankly, one of derision.

A-theists have no dogma or apologetic to interpret. To apply the term “fundie” to an atheist would be inappropriate in the first Instance of “MY DEFINITION OF FUNDIE”. In the second instance, where the term is derisive, well the theists are quick to paint the atheists with their sins, appropriateness be damned.

Atheism is NOT a philosophy, it is a philosophical position with respect to a very narrow aspect of philosophy.

communication is an issue

You must have a different interpretation of the word "rant" than do I. My definition does NOT include censure.

If there were "definitions" of the word "fundamentalism" or "fundamentalist" before your post including "the question" wrt the term "fundie"; I missed those posts.

Location hidden

#443603 Feb 11, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Communication is an issue

If there were "definitions" of the word "fundamentalism" or "fundamentalist" before your post including "the question" wrt the term "fundie"; I missed those posts. AND you asked about the term “fundie” NOT the term(s) fundamentalism or fundamentalist. I yet see where you (or any other person) has defined the term “fundie”

How is anyone to comment upon the use of an undefined term?

Wrt theists, the term “fundie” usually refers to a particular approach to the understanding and interpretation of (biblical) scripture, and reliance upon (Christian) apologetic in the understanding of dogma and scripture. Beyond that: the term is quite frankly, one of derision.

A-theists have no dogma or apologetic to interpret. To apply the term “fundie” to an atheist would be inappropriate in the first Instance of “MY DEFINITION OF FUNDIE”. In the second instance, where the term is derisive, well the theists are quick to paint the atheists with their sins, appropriateness be damned.

Atheism is NOT a philosophy, it is a philosophical position with respect to a very narrow aspect of philosophy.

Location hidden

#443604 Feb 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is difficult for me to read your mind through the internet.
My apologies.
something you are not the best at

I'll be damned
Acadia

Hagerstown, MD

#443605 Feb 11, 2013
p-o-p quiz wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, how cute! Pop quiz is now posting as Acadia. I'm impressed that you learned the art of isp changing!
Oh, how cute. I'm not Pop quiz. Your helplessness just showed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snapchat couples and girls for fun 3 min girls united states 22
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 538,885
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 226,315
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min WasteWater 257,914
"50" BEHEADINGS Next in USA ? (*News) 5 min YTubeFoxNews 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min JUDEletePete 117,964
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 6 min shyam 5,313
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Stilgar Fifrawi 732,870
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 18 min Seraphima 599,869
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 36 min dduttonnc 94,663
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••