Why I’m no longer a Christian

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Maryland

#443672 Feb 11, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
The one true Christian church is the body of true believers, not a building or a business.
Some people pick churches because they're looking for a social club.
Some pick ones that are close by.
Some follow friends.
Some pick ones that are approved by mommy-daddy.
Some like to let their emotions control them and flail about, falsely speaking in tongues, etc.
Some pick them for political reasons. Republicans like to believe that they own God and tell people that they should hate liberals, that God demands they vote Republican, etc.
Some like the songs, the entertainment, or what their kids like.
Some people make up their own gods - that can be anything from money, sex, and gambling to worshipping frigidity and celibacy.
You've almost made yourself a god, by demanding that there only be one 'religion' and that it all be made clear enough for you to approve of.
Well, guess what. You're not running the show, and there isn't any way that you can decide who's a real Christian because of the building they go to, so their enemies can't easily find them.
It's not a simple-minded agenda, but the truth is very simple. Jesus is the only Savior for the whole world, and only God can forgive sins - not a priest, etc.
Your answer only helps support exactly what I said. The christian religion is divided into 38,000+ identified cults/sects. Most if not all believe they are the "true believers" and the others are not saved. That drops the "true christian" count to to thousands from millions.
If you still wish to persist, please ask someone from the church of christ for starters and continue on through the other christian divisions to see for yourself.
By the way, I did not mention "churches" at all. I clearly stated the christian religion only. I fully realize a church is only a building.

Wanna try again??

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#443674 Feb 11, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL *snort*
If nothing else, Christianity is certainly entertaining
The circular answers are indeed entertaining.
Now if they could just figure out how to get past all those divisions/cults/sects.

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#443677 Feb 11, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan’s big sin was that he wanted to be God, to be worshipped, etc. but that wasn’t in his job description. He was supposed to be a Godly representative on earth. So, he was evicted from heaven.
He was given free choice, just as we are.
Most choose to follow Satan. We’d hate it if we had to be robots who had no choice but to do as told. We love our freedoms (but most are too gutless to fight Conservative traitors who keep voting for, and financing, the party of the Elite).
The New Testament contains works in the that are thousands of years old, and the Old Testament prophecies that are even older, yet those works don’t contradict themselves. Ancient prophecies are continuing to be fulfilled today, as proof that there is only one faith for the world and only one Savior.
This is our time to be on center stage. God and all the angels watch as we make our decisions. They can influence, but not have total control. This is about free will.
Some of us make it really easy for evil spirits to take control of them, but that was originally their free choice. You want the freedom to destroy the truth for others, no matter what it does to harm them, and then cry and complain that you have that free choice.
You’re the second person today who I’ve had to tell this to - fix yourself. It’s ridiculous for you to try to out-think the Creator.
You aren't allowed around children I hope.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#443678 Feb 11, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
It's one of my favorite shows... The lines are truly funny!
<quoted text>
Invite her on over, and have her meet your wife.
how about we all watch together as you "go down on" stephie;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#443679 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>
No you didn't. You don't allow yourself to read anything that isn't buybull related.
*****lying an accusatory hate alert*********

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#443680 Feb 11, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Education.
<quoted text>
And once again you prove our point. Keep it up, Mahmoud; you are your religion's worst enemy.
<quoted text>
I also assist in surgery, I take and develop x-rays, I administer and maintain general anesthetics, I prepare and sterilize surgical packs, I perform minor non-sterile surgeries, dentistry, parasitology, I run the vaccine clinic, and I console clients whose pets were terminal.
As for cleaning shit out of cages every day, that always reminds me of you.
What is it you said you do for a living? You sit in an office, post here and rip off your boss?
kait - i'm sorry i said that about your good work with animals. it's not really my style but i was in a silly mood and couldn't resist.

will you forgive me?:)

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#443681 Feb 11, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I support nothing concerning the RCC. He could have been shoved out for what, or who, is to follow. And that is what I am focused on more than anything. Still, short-term memory loss is quite common at that age, and would make it difficult for him to remain as an active public figure of leadership. Most of us witnessed the demise of Pope John Paul II due to illness and aging and it wasn't purdy, or necessary to continue in that manner.
You support nothing concerning the rcc...yet your fellow christian Protester says you are all one in your christ-being.

See how confusing the christian religion is??

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#443682 Feb 11, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
me too! we should watch together on a couch some night and see what pops up!;)
<quoted text>
He's also married.
wtf?! trying to c-block me cuz you're jealous?;)

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#443683 Feb 11, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted the creepy little piece of crap.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#443684 Feb 11, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I support nothing concerning the RCC. He could have been shoved out for what, or who, is to follow. And that is what I am focused on more than anything. Still, short-term memory loss is quite common at that age, and would make it difficult for him to remain as an active public figure of leadership. Most of us witnessed the demise of Pope John Paul II due to illness and aging and it wasn't purdy, or necessary to continue in that manner.
Let's give it some time.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#443685 Feb 11, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
There's something wrong with that picture.
Ayup. Hopefully the reason will come out before long.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#443686 Feb 11, 2013
beijair wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. You weren't standing in front of a mirror.
I could send you the picture!
I don't suppose it will do any good to remind you that I'm not black or obese or a bugle player, eh?

Carry on.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#443687 Feb 11, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Creepy stalker Christian

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#443688 Feb 11, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
fundamentalist and fundie are not the same terms.
you asked about fundie, then you "defined" fundamentalist!
I do not think this conversation has a point anymore
If you cannot see that the definitions of words are driven by usage and context, that the question you asked centered about a "slang term" while you defined a different term, then conversation is pointless.
I asked why an atheist should not be called a fundamentalist - that was the original question as intended. I explained in my original post that this was not intended as a slam, but for simple clarification in my own mind.
I explained in the post you are responding to above, that I typed fundie due to the length of the word fundamentalist and that I am more than willing to type out fundamentalist instead to make our conversation clearer.
I am sorry if you are taking my question as derogatory because that was not the intention, and am more than willing to let the conversation drop if that is what you would prefer.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#443689 Feb 11, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't wait to find out the real reason!
I seem to recall reading a small, relatively *unheadlined* story a while back, that implied Ratzinger had covered up, or was certainly involved in a cover of some abuse of a high ranking member of the Catholic hierarchy, and that it was (if true), undeniable.

It alluded to flat out participation in the cover up. I've looked for the article, can't find it, so I'm not sure if it occurred with him as Pope or before that title was bestowed.

If nothing else, this'll dampen the spammer over on the atheism threads that keeps linking to vids that absolutely declare Ratzinger is THE.... anti-Christ foretold of in myth.

Religion....<shakes head>

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#443690 Feb 11, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan’s big sin was that he wanted to be God, to be worshipped, etc. but that wasn’t in his job description. He was supposed to be a Godly representative on earth. So, he was evicted from heaven.
He was given free choice, just as we are.
Most choose to follow Satan. We’d hate it if we had to be robots who had no choice but to do as told. We love our freedoms (but most are too gutless to fight Conservative traitors who keep voting for, and financing, the party of the Elite).
The New Testament contains works in the that are thousands of years old, and the Old Testament prophecies that are even older, yet those works don’t contradict themselves. Ancient prophecies are continuing to be fulfilled today, as proof that there is only one faith for the world and only one Savior.
This is our time to be on center stage. God and all the angels watch as we make our decisions. They can influence, but not have total control. This is about free will.
Some of us make it really easy for evil spirits to take control of them, but that was originally their free choice. You want the freedom to destroy the truth for others, no matter what it does to harm them, and then cry and complain that you have that free choice.
You’re the second person today who I’ve had to tell this to - fix yourself. It’s ridiculous for you to try to out-think the Creator.
Thanks for sharing your religious mythology.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#443691 Feb 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I seem to recall reading a small, relatively *unheadlined* story a while back, that implied Ratzinger had covered up....
Yup. I remember it too, and that'd be my first guess: More details to come.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#443693 Feb 11, 2013
beijair wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Topix.
You can be anything you want to be here, X.
Like a... Hebrew Scholar... of sorts.
I was talking about real life, though.
But, you keep believing! No shame in escapism... Satchmo.
Ans you keep being a fool.

It's what you do best.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#443694 Feb 11, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't allowed around children I hope.
its time for some racing Wiggles!! I can'wait! and you chumps that hate racing can kiss our @ss!!!!!!!! YALL HEAR ME...

LETS GO RACING BOYS

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#443695 Feb 11, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans you keep being a fool.
It's what you do best.
YO Chess are you a BUCKEYES FAN????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 104,442
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min hojo 672,821
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 39 min servants of satan 981,134
Gay/bi Skype Sex ? (Mar '14) 1 hr Mylilsexcrete 19
Dem Libs Has Need Of Gay Rabbits 1 hr WTF 1
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 1 hr Spotted Wee 388
Ryan et al The Infinity Code 2 hr maher86 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Choir Loft 286,298
More from around the web