Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#443344 Feb 9, 2013
islam is biggest lie.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#443345 Feb 9, 2013
jibril in alquran is a dark angel...

in bible jibril said that Christ is a Son of God...

600 years later...

jibril said in alquran that Christ is not a Son of God..

jibril is an anticrhist...

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#443346 Feb 9, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Is she really sticking to this story which is really just stolen from the Internet?
There is no Marlowe.
STOMP!
Considering that she has not changed her story i over a year, I am inclinded to believe she is telling the truth.
I wish such a thing didn't happen to her but sadly it probably did.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#443347 Feb 9, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
So no historical examples prior to Christianity?
Interesting, but I do appreciate your opinion.
Well, ther's always that one where Caesar was scared shitless ta go int'a the Isles coz they was barbarians what burned folks in big stix structures, an he wanted 'em ta send the whole Roman army ta help.
Course that was never backed up by any contemporary documents(I don't think)

“We AreTheGranddaugh ters Of The”

Since: May 10

WitchesYou Were Unable To Burn

#443348 Feb 9, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
True. I still don't like thieves and rapists.
I honestly am not against you, Kate. I just find your arguements confusing. Would you have been happier if those people had been inspired by Islam or Sade ?
Oh, heck no! Are you kiddin'?
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>A few years ago a couple teens murdered their parents based on what the teens called Satanism. Does that condemn all Satanists ?
I've never met any; based on Anton LaVey's books, I don't want to, either.

Creepy.

#443349 Feb 9, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Is she really sticking to this story which is really just stolen from the Internet?
There is no Marlowe.
STOMP!
Place your lips softly on my left buttock, and suck gently.

STOMP!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#443350 Feb 9, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, heck no! Are you kiddin'?
I didn't think so. Sorry for the sarcasm.
<quoted text>
I've never met any; based on Anton LaVey's books, I don't want to, either.
Creepy.
Ageed on all counts.

#443351 Feb 9, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no Marlowe.
STOMP!
any time you think you're man enough to prove it, by all means...prove it.

You putz.

#443352 Feb 9, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly am not against you, Kate. I just find your arguements confusing. Would you have been happier if those people had been inspired by Islam or Sade ?

Wait a minute, wait a minute.... You mean, the *singer* Sade??

#443353 Feb 9, 2013
I really shouldn't be here. Stephie and I just put away a couple of bottles of chilled Gewürztraminer (a nice, light German white wine; kinda fruity, kinda sweet, goes down as easily as Monica Lewinski)(can be found at Trader Joe's for $3.99 per 750 ml bottle) and we just finished watching "The Mummy's Tomb" on DVD. Time for the Merlot! Tomorrow is Sunday, so I guess we'll both be getting up early to a couple of extra miles.

Yeah, right; like *that's* gonna happen!! "Early" will probably be around noon. But definitely need the extra worklout.

I'm not usuallly partial to white wines, but the Gewürztraminer and its little cousin Riesling are really, really good. But since we're out of both, I guess it's time to hit the reds. And another "Mummy" movie.(Can't beat the Universal classics!!)(And on a 40" LED flatscreen, with the sound pumped through a stereo receiver with a pair of Bose bookshelf speakers? I **looooooove** my Bose speakers!!!)

#443354 Feb 9, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text> Ich bin der Führer, ich bin der Führer, Ich bin zweimal verbunden, kann ich saugen meinen eigenen Schwanz und küsse meinen eigenen Arsch! Sieg Heil!!
Rock on, dude. Here's a napkin.

#443355 Feb 9, 2013
Stephie's about to smack the back of my head. It's Saturday night, we both have the day off tomorrow, so we're gonna get drunk (make that drunker) and watch old lmovies and pass out til noon tomorrow. Buona notte!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#443356 Feb 9, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute, wait a minute.... You mean, the *singer* Sade??
Marquis de Sade, upon whom the word Sadism is based.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#443359 Feb 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I pretty much think it is a waste of time to respond to Gutty, Clowny, Wasuppy...unless it is Beat Up On A Fool Day.
I have added Shrinky to that list also.
ignorance is difficult to counter as debate.(the christian)god prefers the ignorant and those lacking intellect

Location hidden

#443360 Feb 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure.

Unlike you, I don;t have an agenda.
you may wish to rethink this statement.

Location hidden

#443361 Feb 10, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
Just want to propose a question over here. I have found myself in a discussion on another thread about the term fundie. I have never actually called someone a fundie on here other than BB (and he thanked me) some time ago, but I often times think it in my head. I tend to scroll by their posts, as trying to have a discussion with them is like talking to a brick wall in my opinion. The people that I apply the term to, come from all walks.
It has been called to my attention that one should not apply the term fundie to an atheist. May I ask for personal opinions as to why or why not?
I am not trying to be disrespectful, just trying to clear up my own thought process. Thank you in advance for taking my question as an honest one.
one assumes you intend the term to be meaningful?

then define: "fundie"

and we shall discuss it's appropriateness.

Location hidden

#443362 Feb 10, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the info AnnieJ! I am glad that I am not the only one that *at times*, has issues with seeing a difference between the two.
parody as compliment

Location hidden

#443363 Feb 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some that believe there is a core philosophy among atheists...
This speech was written and delivered decades ago...the thoughts and ideas behind it though IMO are still valid.
Excerpt from...
The Philosophy
of Atheism
by Joseph Lewis
http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/lewis/lew...
I came to my conclusions after a full analysis and an impartial consideration of the various religious creeds and the different systems of philosophy. In my study of the different fields of thought, I found no philosophy that contained so many truths, and inspired one with so much courage, as Atheism. Atheism equips us to face life, with its multitude of trials and tribulations, better than any other code of living that I have yet been able to find. It is grounded in the very roots of life itself. Its foundation is based on Nature, without superfluities and false garments. No sham or shambles are attached to it.
Atheism rises above creeds, and puts Humanity upon one plane. There can be no "chosen people" in the Atheist philosophy. There are no bended knees in Atheism; no supplications, no prayers; no sacrificial redemptions; no "divine" revelations; no washing in the blood of the lamb; no crusades, no massacres, no holy wars; no heaven, no hell, no purgatory; no silly rewards and no vindictive punishments; no christs and no saviors; no devils, no ghosts, and no gods.
Atheism breaks down the barriers of nationalities and, like, "one touch of nature makes the whole world kin." Systems of religion make people clannish and bigoted.
Atheism is a vigorous and a courageous philosophy. It is not afraid to face the problems of life, and it is not afraid to confess that there are problems yet to be solved. It does not claim that it has solved all the questions of the universe, but it does claim that it has discovered the approach, and learned the method, of solving them.
It has dedicated itself to a passionate quest for the truth. It believes that truth for truth's sake is the highest ideal, and that virtue is its own reward.
It believes that love of humanity is a higher ideal than a love of God. We cannot help God, but we can help mankind. "Hands that help are better far than lips that pray." Praying to God is humiliating; worshipping God is degrading.
It believes with the great Robert G. Ingersoll, when he said, "Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will, but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
Atheism is a self-reliant philosophy. It makes one intellectually free. He is thrilled to enthusiasm by his mental emancipation and he faces the universe without fear of ghosts or gods. It teaches man that unless he devotes his energies and applies himself whole- heartedly to the task he wishes to achieve, the accomplishment will not be made. It warns him that any reliance upon prayers, or "divine" help, will prove a bitter disappointment.
To the philosophy of Atheism belongs the credit of robbing Death of its horror and its terror. It brought about the abolition of Hell.
thanks for this

Location hidden

#443364 Feb 10, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fundam...
strict adherence to any set of basic ideas or principles: the fundamentalism of the extreme conservatives.
When one says atheist, most understand that it is the idea of no god(s)that makes one an atheist in my opinion. This is where my confusion comes from. I in no way say that all atheists are fundies, simply the ones that refuse to respect the right of others to think/believe differently due to their own personal idea of what is.
I disagree with your interpretations. Where in your rant is "fundamentalist" defined?

not all belief systems are worth of respect. the abrahamic ones come to mind as an example.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 809,559
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 574,038
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min Seentheotherside 608,177
Keystone pipeline wins Senate vote in victory f... 14 min Redneck 52
anyone up for a bbm swap of pics ;) (May '12) 30 min damien 423
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 43 min WasteWater 268,881
Donald Trump Still Not Convinced Obama's Birth ... 52 min father time 6
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 5 hr Coco 203
More from around the web