Why I’m no longer a Christian

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#443650 Feb 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me make sure that I understand...
Each time that you "STOMP"...you are fantasizing about having sex with someone here?
I didn't know...I don't think that I wanted to know...
Well...you have been fantasizing a lot...your hand and your pen!s must be rubbed raw by now.
Okay...carry on...

Fool if think its over

Clownie + Annie

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#443651 Feb 11, 2013

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#443656 Feb 11, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are you here bitching about it. Why aren't you and all the other christians going out and cleaning up your own back yard?
You've only got 38,000+ sects/divisions to work on.
Good luck...come back when you have unified your religion and we'll talk.
The one true Christian church is the body of true believers, not a building or a business.
Some people pick churches because they're looking for a social club.
Some pick ones that are close by.
Some follow friends.
Some pick ones that are approved by mommy-daddy.
Some like to let their emotions control them and flail about, falsely speaking in tongues, etc.
Some pick them for political reasons. Republicans like to believe that they own God and tell people that they should hate liberals, that God demands they vote Republican, etc.
Some like the songs, the entertainment, or what their kids like.

Some people make up their own gods - that can be anything from money, sex, and gambling to worshipping frigidity and celibacy.

You've almost made yourself a god, by demanding that there only be one 'religion' and that it all be made clear enough for you to approve of.
Well, guess what. You're not running the show, and there isn't any way that you can decide who's a real Christian because of the building they go to, so their enemies can't easily find them.

It's not a simple-minded agenda, but the truth is very simple. Jesus is the only Savior for the whole world, and only God can forgive sins - not a priest, etc.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#443657 Feb 11, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Communication is an issue
O.K.
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have a different interpretation of the word "rant" than do I. My definition does NOT include censure.
You said “Where in your rant is "fundamentalist" defined?” found in the post below:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...
Since the definition was in the very post you were responding to, I even broke it down to the exact place my question comes in at (#3) and had rewritten it outside of the link (for those that do not follow them)… perhaps I did read what you consider “rant” as a negative, since you kind of ignored half of what I wrote in my opinion.
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
If there were "definitions" of the word "fundamentalism" or "fundamentalist" before your post including "the question" wrt the term "fundie"; I missed those posts.
The definitions of the word fundamentalist started by the second post after my question. Several people started giving the definition and they were in the posts you responded to as well. My posts with the definition is found here:

You are correct that fundie was never discussed. I have always taken it to mean (on here) one that reads as a fundamentalist. That is why we were discussing the term fundamentalist….not fundie.
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
AND you asked about the term “fundie” NOT the term(s) fundamentalism or fundamentalist. I yet see where you (or any other person) has defined the term “fundie”
How is anyone to comment upon the use of an undefined term?
Wrt theists, the term “fundie” usually refers to a particular approach to the understanding and interpretation of (biblical) scripture, and reliance upon (Christian) apologetic in the understanding of dogma and scripture. Beyond that: the term is quite frankly, one of derision.
In my original post I asked why an atheist should not be called a fundamentalist….I write fundie for short because….well its shorter. If you would like for me to write out fundamentalist for the remainder of this discussion and I will do so.
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
A-theists have no dogma or apologetic to interpret. To apply the term “fundie” to an atheist would be inappropriate in the first Instance of “MY DEFINITION OF FUNDIE”. In the second instance, where the term is derisive, well the theists are quick to paint the atheists with their sins, appropriateness be damned.
Atheism is NOT a philosophy, it is a philosophical position with respect to a very narrow aspect of philosophy.
Never said that atheists have a dogma or apologetic to interpret, and in this case you are barking up the wrong tree if you think that I would ever even imply such. Did you read #3 in the definition I provided?
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
communication is an issue.
I agree.
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have a different interpretation of the word "rant" than do I. My definition does NOT include censure.
I covered this earlier in my post. I admit that I may have taken it the wrong way due to the way that you were responding.
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
If there were "definitions" of the word "fundamentalism" or "fundamentalist" before your post including "the question" wrt the term "fundie"; I missed those posts.
Please see my above response to this.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#443658 Feb 11, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
The one true Christian church is the body of true believers, not a building or a business.
Some follow friends.
Some like to let their emotions control them and flail about, falsely speaking in tongues, etc.
Some pick them for political reasons. Republicans like to believe that they own God and tell people that they should hate liberals, that God demands they vote Republican, etc.
Some people make up their own gods - that can be anything from money, sex, and gambling to worshipping frigidity and celibacy.
You've almost made yourself a god, by demanding that there only be one 'religion' and that it all be made clear enough for you to approve of.
Well, guess what. You're not running the show, and there isn't any way that you can decide who's a real Christian because of the building they go to, so their enemies can't easily find them.
It's not a simple-minded agenda, but the truth is very simple. Jesus is the only Savior for the whole world, and only God can forgive sins - not a priest, etc.
LOL *snort*

If nothing else, Christianity is certainly entertaining

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#443659 Feb 11, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
Pope Benedict resigned today, the first Pope to do so in 600 years.
I can't wait to find out the real reason!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#443660 Feb 11, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
The real reason is Alabama put a real @ss whupin on Notre Dame.. in the BCS natl champ game... The boy said get me outta here...

ROLL TIDE ROLL

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#443661 Feb 11, 2013
Claire Voyager wrote:
<quoted text>So, "Satan and his angels" have intimate, first-hand knowledge of your Jesus, but don't find it compelling enough to stop messing with your head. How, then, could those without that intimacy be expected to be compelled by it.
Heaven has been described as a place without sin. Since "Satan" has "angels", the implication is that their original domicile was Heaven. How can a place void of sin create sinners? Why would those who experience bliss, void of sin, and with intimate knowledge of God and Son, Inc., fall? How could an omnipotent, omniscient allow it and/or miss the warning signs?
If your story was not compelling enough for your god "Satan", how can a mere mortal, invested in our materialistic world for about four score, even consider it to be viable?
If your god craves to be next to humans so desperately that it created a son and had it torture-murdered to be close to humans, to fulfill the prophecy, why are we not next to the bosom of your god now? Why didn't the son return, as promised, before its contemporaries passed from Earth? Why were further stories composed as late as the 19th Century that contemporary Christians consider gospel?
I'll be waiting for even one honest, non-deflecting, non-evasive answer.
Satan’s big sin was that he wanted to be God, to be worshipped, etc. but that wasn’t in his job description. He was supposed to be a Godly representative on earth. So, he was evicted from heaven.
He was given free choice, just as we are.
Most choose to follow Satan. We’d hate it if we had to be robots who had no choice but to do as told. We love our freedoms (but most are too gutless to fight Conservative traitors who keep voting for, and financing, the party of the Elite).
The New Testament contains works in the that are thousands of years old, and the Old Testament prophecies that are even older, yet those works don’t contradict themselves. Ancient prophecies are continuing to be fulfilled today, as proof that there is only one faith for the world and only one Savior.
This is our time to be on center stage. God and all the angels watch as we make our decisions. They can influence, but not have total control. This is about free will.
Some of us make it really easy for evil spirits to take control of them, but that was originally their free choice. You want the freedom to destroy the truth for others, no matter what it does to harm them, and then cry and complain that you have that free choice.
You’re the second person today who I’ve had to tell this to - fix yourself. It’s ridiculous for you to try to out-think the Creator.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#443663 Feb 11, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan’s big sin was that he wanted to be God, to be worshipped, etc. but that wasn’t in his job description. He was supposed to be a Godly representative on earth. So, he was evicted from heaven.
Most choose to follow Satan. We’d hate it if we had to be robots who had no choice but to do as told. We love our freedoms (but most are too gutless to fight Conservative traitors who keep voting for, and financing, the party of the Elite).
The New Testament contains works in the that are thousands of years old, and the Old Testament prophecies that are even older, yet those works don’t contradict themselves. Ancient prophecies are continuing to be fulfilled today, as proof that there is only one faith for the world and only one Savior.
This is our time to be on center stage. God and all the angels watch as we make our decisions. They can influence, but not have total control. This is about free will.
Some of us make it really easy for evil spirits to take control of them, but that was originally their free choice. You want the freedom to destroy the truth for others, no matter what it does to harm them, and then cry and complain that you have that free choice.
You’re the second person today who I’ve had to tell this to - fix yourself. It’s ridiculous for you to try to out-think the Creator.
Oh my.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#443664 Feb 11, 2013
Irony post of the day
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan’s big sin was that he wanted to be God, to be worshipped, etc. but that wasn’t in his job description.... It’s ridiculous for you to try to out-think the Creator.

Columbus, OH

#443665 Feb 11, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
There's something wrong with that picture.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#443666 Feb 11, 2013
beijair wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever seen a huge, fat black man blowing Taps on a tiny bugle?
Not that I can remember, but it is certainly possible.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#443667 Feb 11, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
O.K.
<quoted text>
You said “Where in your rant is "fundamentalist" defined?” found in the post below:
Since the definition was in the very post you were responding to, I even broke it down to the exact place my question comes in at (#3) and had rewritten it outside of the link (for those that do not follow them)… perhaps I did read what you consider “rant” as a negative, since you kind of ignored half of what I wrote in my opinion.
<quoted text>
The definitions of the word fundamentalist started by the second post after my question. Several people started giving the definition and they were in the posts you responded to as well. My posts with the definition is found here:
You are correct that fundie was never discussed. I have always taken it to mean (on here) one that reads as a fundamentalist. That is why we were discussing the term fundamentalist….not fundie.
<quoted text>
In my original post I asked why an atheist should not be called a fundamentalist….I write fundie for short because….well its shorter. If you would like for me to write out fundamentalist for the remainder of this discussion and I will do so.
<quoted text>
Never said that atheists have a dogma or apologetic to interpret, and in this case you are barking up the wrong tree if you think that I would ever even imply such. Did you read #3 in the definition I provided?
<quoted text>
I agree.
<quoted text>
I covered this earlier in my post. I admit that I may have taken it the wrong way due to the way that you were responding.
<quoted text>
Please see my above response to this.
fundamentalist and fundie are not the same terms.

you asked about fundie, then you "defined" fundamentalist!

I do not think this conversation has a point anymore

If you cannot see that the definitions of words are driven by usage and context, that the question you asked centered about a "slang term" while you defined a different term, then conversation is pointless.

Columbus, OH

#443670 Feb 11, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so. He is 86. I've seen the sudden decline in men at that age. It is really not the ideal age to have the responsibilities and duties of the Pope. He looks quite old to me. It is tiring and wearing and they likely are just longing to go "home". It amazes me that they even choose a man to begin at 78 that was already considered frail and unenthusiastic about the appointment. Certainly isn't prime-time to be the big wig.
We'll see.

Columbus, OH

#443671 Feb 11, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so. He is 86. I've seen the sudden decline in men at that age. It is really not the ideal age to have the responsibilities and duties of the Pope. He looks quite old to me. It is tiring and wearing and they likely are just longing to go "home". It amazes me that they even choose a man to begin at 78 that was already considered frail and unenthusiastic about the appointment. Certainly isn't prime-time to be the big wig.
I knew it!

Turns out he was quite wild in his youth:

“Peace Love”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#443672 Feb 11, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
Some follow friends.
Your answer only helps support exactly what I said. The christian religion is divided into 38,000+ identified cults/sects. Most if not all believe they are the "true believers" and the others are not saved. That drops the "true christian" count to to thousands from millions.
If you still wish to persist, please ask someone from the church of christ for starters and continue on through the other christian divisions to see for yourself.
By the way, I did not mention "churches" at all. I clearly stated the christian religion only. I fully realize a church is only a building.

Wanna try again??

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#443674 Feb 11, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL *snort*
If nothing else, Christianity is certainly entertaining
The circular answers are indeed entertaining.
Now if they could just figure out how to get past all those divisions/cults/sects.

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#443677 Feb 11, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't allowed around children I hope.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#443678 Feb 11, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
It's one of my favorite shows... The lines are truly funny!
<quoted text>
Invite her on over, and have her meet your wife.
how about we all watch together as you "go down on" stephie;)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#443679 Feb 11, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
No you didn't. You don't allow yourself to read anything that isn't buybull related.
*****lying an accusatory hate alert*********

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Cat 46,227
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Michael 691,986
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 5 hr Johnny 388
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Aura Mytha 990,681
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 hr exposingm0r0ns 6,704
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 7 hr whatever 6
__POPE & ISRAEL to SIGN Historic Agreement__ 8 hr True Reporter 3
More from around the web