T-Town Clown wrote:
Im outta here
If you insist...
Jist pull that little ring that says "CARGO DOOR RELEASE"===>CAUTION <===

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#443305 Feb 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> He's jist mad coz he got tazed...that's why he's stunned.
LOL.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#443306 Feb 9, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut for personal point, no disrespect intended full comment found here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...
I think what G is trying to point out is that…..this is not exactly what the original discussion was about. It kind of morphed to the point it is now at. The burning of accused witches was not a Christian invention, no matter how much some of the faith may have eventually (and unfortunately) embraced it.
Has someone provided an earlier example of burning accused witches? I haven't seen one.

The example that I saw presented was Nero burning Christians, but there is no historical reference to them being burned for being witches.

Maybe I missed something.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#443307 Feb 9, 2013
Walking Dead marathon is running on AMC. Life in a post apocalyptic world.

I recently saw a lot of Walking Dead Weekly comics sell for about 200 bucks.

The end is surely near.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#443308 Feb 9, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope not. I hope she was trying to say that Christian extremism is more common in the USA (esp. Bible Belt) than in Australia.
I do love your ability to comprehend what you read :)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#443309 Feb 9, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Has someone provided an earlier example of burning accused witches? I haven't seen one.
The example that I saw presented was Nero burning Christians, but there is no historical reference to them being burned for being witches.
Maybe I missed something.
Burned for religious beliefs. To some Romans the Christians were seen as cult of cannibalism and vampirism and necromancy....something most Christians would later attribute to "witches". Christians, along with Jews, were a common target for Romans who had little contention with the other multitudes of religions in the Empire.

Few of the "witches" burned by Christians were witches. Most were fellow Christians.

Heah, you missed a lot.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#443310 Feb 9, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Has someone provided an earlier example of burning accused witches?.....
Also, if you scroll back, you will see that Kate stated that she had never heard of anyone except Christians burning anyone. Witches were not a requisite of her statement.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#443311 Feb 9, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Burned for religious beliefs. To some Romans the Christians were seen as cult of cannibalism and vampirism and necromancy....something most Christians would later attribute to "witches". Christians, along with Jews, were a common target for Romans who had little contention with the other multitudes of religions in the Empire.
Few of the "witches" burned by Christians were witches. Most were fellow Christians.
Heah, you missed a lot.
I'm pretty sure I provided 4 links on the subject but it doesn't matter, sometimes it's better to just let things go.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#443312 Feb 9, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Heah, you missed a lot.
So no historical examples prior to Christianity?

Interesting, but I do appreciate your opinion.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#443313 Feb 9, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, if you scroll back, you will see that Kate stated that she had never heard of anyone except Christians burning anyone. Witches were not a requisite of her statement.
Thanks again for your input.

If you do find a historical example of previous cultures burning accused witches please feel free to share.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#443314 Feb 9, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure I provided 4 links on the subject but it doesn't matter, sometimes it's better to just let things go.
Could you provide those for us readers again, please?

Thanks.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#443315 Feb 9, 2013
NoStress, isn't this how you understood the premise?
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
The burning of accused witches was not a Christian invention, no matter how much some of the faith may have eventually (and unfortunately) embraced it.
So what we're looking for are pre-Christian examples of people being burned as accused witches.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#443316 Feb 9, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
So no historical examples prior to Christianity?....
They were provided to address the issue in the context they were presented, not in the context you created ad hoc et ex post facto.

People were burned for religious beliefs prior to the Christian practice. Documented, quoted and cited.

You seem to be hung up on the ambiguous English word "Witch" and I am not about to fall into THAT ditch again.

Can I get you a white cane? LOL

“Love much, trust none”

There

#443317 Feb 9, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks again for your input.
If you do find a historical example of previous cultures burning accused witches please feel free to share.
Thanks for the demonstration of the Strawman Fallacy.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#443318 Feb 9, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you provide those for us readers again, please?
Thanks.
Too lazy to scroll back a few pages or just being an ass ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#443319 Feb 9, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
So what we're looking for are pre-Christian examples of people being burned as accused witches.
Nope.

You are the only one who wasn't following the conversation.

Get some coffee next time.

“CHRISTIANITYIS AMENTAL DISEASE”

Since: May 10

"---TOO BAD IT'S NOT FATAL"

#443320 Feb 9, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
And I still say it is. Kicking in the doors of people's homes in the dead of night, dragging them out to the middle of the town square, tying them to a stake and piling wood around their feet and then setting it all on fire, the evidence has shown me, is a christian invention. I don't care if you think I'm biased.
I found that other post I mentioned; I don't know if you ever saw it on the other thread or not. Anyway, here's where my "bias" comes from:
Saturday, December 3, 2011
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE ...
(edited for character count)
....edit for space....
The parents of that wounded“good christian,”...are filing suit against me in civil court for owning a vicious animal; their mommy’s precious little golden boy got bitten by a “dangerous” wolf-dog hybrid, and never mind the fact that the only reason why he had gotten bit was because he had BROKEN INTO *MY HOME* for the purpose of, as he and his friends called it,“doing the lord’s work” in “scaring the devil” out of me; they were trying to make it sound like it was just a harmless prank or something. The fact that one of them was carrying a firearm, the cops and the District Attorney have reasonable cause to believe that they intended to kill me.
As far as the civil suit against me goes, the DA says I got nothing to worry about.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your anger and do not in any way intend to minimize it.
I think you are placing blame for the actions of a few people on a few million people, though.
Of a few million who commited similar acts. Well, maybe a few hundred thousand, whose actopms inspired those three...
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Just like Christians blame all the Jews in the world for killing their Christ and NAZIs murdering 6 million innocent people because they were Jews.
I have been mugged by black people, beaten up and robbed by a Jew and raped by a homosexual.
I do not, however, hate blacks, Jews nor homosexuals.
Oh, man...(*shudders!!*)

Down in southern California (what seems like a million years ago) I had a friend who never had a racist bone in his entire body, until he spent a summer working in his dad's liquor store across from MacArthur Park...

Different people react to similar situations in different ways, and many times it emotionally and psychologically scars them for life.
duststorm

League City, TX

#443321 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
. The entire lot of us rushed to my place to find cop cars, an ambulance, some stranger’s van my driveway, a crowd of neighbors, and bible passages spray painted on my garage door and the front of my house –and the guy from the grocery store, along with two of his buddies. Once I told the cops who I was, I was allowed inside, and found that Marlowe had been shot. He’s okay; a neighbor and friend was taking care of him....
To make a long story short, the bastard from the grocery store had gotten my address from my check, and had recruited two of his buddies to pay me a visit. His two buddies rolled over on him, hoping to get a deal with the DA (they’re all facing felony charges including, but not limited to, conspiracy, conspiracy to commit murder, stalking, animal cruelty, first-degree burglary, vandalism, and I can’t remember what else right now) while he got carted off in the ambulance to be taken to the ER. He’s the one who shot Marlowe, with a .32 semiauto that belonged to his father; and Marlowe managed to permanently change *his* life, too; after having been shot in his left shoulder as he was flying through the air to defend our home, he had bitten down on the guy’s forearm so hard that he had torn through the skin, torn the muscle of his right forearm, torn some tendons, and had snapped his ulna like a stick, into three separate pieces, right in the middle.
The parents of that wounded“good christian,”...are filing suit against me in civil court for owning a vicious animal; their mommy’s precious little golden boy got bitten by a “dangerous” wolf-dog hybrid, and never mind the fact that the only reason why he had gotten bit was because he had BROKEN INTO *MY HOME* for the purpose of, as he and his friends called it,“doing the lord’s work” in “scaring the devil” out of me; they were trying to make it sound like it was just a harmless prank or something. The fact that one of them was carrying a firearm, the cops and the District Attorney have reasonable cause to believe that they intended to kill me.
As far as the civil suit against me goes, the DA says I got nothing to worry about.
1. What were the Bible passages? Guess they had time to spray legibly on your garage multiple passages from the Bible.
2. Your dog was shot in the shoulder, flew through the air, and he was okay, the neighbors took care of him...are they veterinarians??

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#443322 Feb 9, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and yes. I am looking for info on this end, all that I have found thus far is that Egyptians burned redheads at the stake due to the thought that they were unlucky. I could have spoken out of turn. I am going to jump back in on this discussion tomorrow. I seem to be getting slightly confused due to others arguing my opinion for me, while completely disagreeing with what they think I think on another thread LOL! Topix-land, got to love it! ;O)

“CHRISTIANITYIS AMENTAL DISEASE”

Since: May 10

"---TOO BAD IT'S NOT FATAL"

#443323 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Your god has no balls.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you don't either
LMAO!! I would hope not!! I'd hate to wake up one morning to find that I'm a hermafr....herma...hermaph....

Like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 4 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,071
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Justice League_ 865,807
I never knew love like that before 5 min Doctor REALITY 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 272,438
News GOP hopefuls take on illegal immigration in deb... 10 min wild child 2
Christianity is fading away... 15 min Doctor REALITY 7
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min Padtrick Daniels 600,163
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) Sun andy 45
More from around the web