“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#442801 Feb 8, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Instant is useful.
If you're late for work but need your morning fix, you can snort it.
fart sniffer

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#442802 Feb 8, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>more babbel from a nut job
More nonsense from a fool.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442803 Feb 8, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
I know about Salem. I got into an argument once with a wiccan who tried to lecture me about the witchburnings there. The actual number of witches burned in Salem was zero; they were all hung, except for the one poor male who was slowly crushed to death.
All because of a slave with a vivid imagination and a big mouth, and a bunch of lying little (or not so little) girls.
Yep. It was ignorant Christians murdering each other for various reasons using "witchcraft" as an excuse. While many practicioners of "the craft" were murdered by Christians in the last 1000 years, the vast majority were Jews, Muslims and other Christians.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#442804 Feb 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And in the "now", accused witches are still being burned to death by Christians.
Where ?

Columbus, OH

#442805 Feb 8, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>please don't stop the support DAD!!!! ya hear
A fool's prattle.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#442806 Feb 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Some Islamic periods and cultuires had tolerance for outsiders, while others had no tolerance at all. Still going on, too. Religions have been murdering outsiders for millenia.
I thought you was gonna open X's GRITS STAND this morning? I bet X is one pissed off dude...

Columbus, OH

#442807 Feb 8, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>fart sniffer
More prattle from a fool.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#442808 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I remember; but dead is still dead. And it was done with a religious zeal unmatched by any society .
<quoted text>
Yup. Further proof that some christians are perfectly willing to eat their own, if there was a profit to be made.
Agreed except that the Holocaust had more Christians mudering more non-christians than all previous Christian murders combined except the wholesale extermination of most of the inhabitants of the Americas (natives were considered 'demons' not 'witches' though)

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#442809 Feb 8, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
More nonsense from a fool.
Hmmm! Yo, not true! Bro. Clownie, blessed by God Almighty, with all the knowledge and wisdom of the entire universe, already knows it all! The Great Clownie was inquiring for the other intelligent Topix peeps who don't have all the answers. Unfortunately for you, you're not one of the intelligent! Now, you have yourself a nice day standing on your favorite street corner picking your nose and scratching your @ss ... ya hear!?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#442810 Feb 8, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
A fool's prattle.
Your posts are lame...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#442811 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I know, I understand.
Another thing that would have gotten you executed is what's called the stigmata diaboli; a "devil's mark" (I have a birth mark on my right ankle which would have gotten me killed) which was a mark on the skin that was supposedly unable to feel pain. Some of the church interrogators of Europe had these big bodkins, which were like giant needles used for punching holes in leather; they had a hollow handle and a spring-fed point which, when pressed against the skin, appeared to puncture the person without causing any damage or pain. This was how it was "proved" that these victims had been consorting with satan.
Correct. There are few those in museums.

Columbus, OH

#442812 Feb 8, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm! Yo, not true! Bro. Clownie, blessed by God Almighty, with all the knowledge and wisdom of the entire universe, already knows it all! The Great Clownie was inquiring for the other intelligent Topix peeps who don't have all the answers. Unfortunately for you, you're not one of the intelligent! Now, you have yourself a nice day standing on your favorite street corner picking your nose and scratching your @ss ... ya hear!?
A fool's continuing nonsense.

Columbus, OH

#442813 Feb 8, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Your posts are lame...
A fool's babble.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#442814 Feb 8, 2013
I suppose I should quit using the term "witches" and start using the term "**accused** witches."
I shouldn't have had all that coffee.
Yep and yep.

<hug>

“Love much, trust none”

There

#442815 Feb 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And in the "now", accused witches are still being burned to death by Christians.
Yep. Muslims are still killing Jews. Jews are still killing Palastinians, Christians are killing Muslims, and the USA is killing anyone for a buck or a vote.

Yet, here we are arguing over a possible christian burning of an alleged sorceror in remote part of the world.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#442816 Feb 8, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
What Christians? There is no evidence of that, none whatsoever. You can continue this by yourself. Happy to have amused you.
There are currently lots of 'Christians' killing alleged "witches" and "sorcerors".

I doubt if few here even know where it is taking place, though.

Two pages of arguement and no one cited it. That is sad.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#442817 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
http://www.meetup.com/cfi-shep/pages/Famous_A...
"So much blood has been shed by the Church because of an omission from the Gospel: "Ye shall be indifferent as to what your neighbor's religion is." Not merely tolerant of it, but indifferent to it. Divinity is claimed for many religions; but no religion is great enough or divine enough to add that new law to its code."
- Mark Twain
"As I understand the Christian religion, it was, and is, a revelation. But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that has ever existed?"
- John Adams, Letter to F.A. Van der Kamp, Dec. 27, 1816
"The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason."
-Benjamin Franklin
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."
-Thomas Jefferson, in a Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823
"Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man".
-Thomas Jefferson
"Whence arose all the horrid assassinations of whole nations of men, women, and infants, with which the Bible is filled; and the bloody persecutions, and tortures unto death, and religious wars, that since that time have laid Europe in blood and ashes; whence arose they, but from the impious thing called religion, and this monstrous belief that God has spoken to man?"
-Thomas Paine
Interesting note:
"To Paine belongs the honor of naming our country the United States of America. He was the first to use the name in print, and it was his own creation."
I never knew that. And he is seldom mentioned, because of his writings on religion.
Good stuff!!!!!

Thanks!!!!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#442818 Feb 8, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
A fool's babble.
U B talking bout that well hung fella called Clownie, the crowd pleaser?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#442819 Feb 8, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
However, Einstein's God was not the God of most other men. When he wrote of religion, as he often did in middle and later life, he tended to adopt the belief of Alice's Red Queen that "words mean what you want them to mean," and to clothe with different names what to more ordinary mortals and to most Jews looked like a variant of simple agnosticism. Replying in 1929 to a cabled inquiry from Rabbi Goldstein of New York, he said that he believed "in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exist, not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of men." And it is claimed that years later, asked by Ben-Gurion whether he believed in God, "even he, with his great formula about energy and mass, agreed that there must be something behind the energy." No doubt. But much of Einstein's writing gives the impression of belief in a God even more intangible and impersonal than a celestial machine minder, running the universe with indisputable authority and expert touch. Instead, Einstein's God appears as the physical world itself, with its infinitely marvelous structure operating at atomic level with the beauty of a craftsman's wristwatch, and at stellar level with the majesty of a massive cyclotron. This was belief enough. It grew early and rooted deep. Only later was it dignified by the title of cosmic religion, a phrase which gave plausible respectability to the views of a man who did not believe in a life after death and who felt that if virtue paid off in the earthly one, then this was the result of cause and effect rather than celestial reward. Einstein's God thus stood for an orderly system obeying rules which could be discovered by those who at the courage, imagination, and persistence to go on searching for them. It was to this past which he began to turn his mind soon after the age of twelve. The rest of his life everything else was to seem almost trivial by comparison.
Ronald W. Clark, Einstein: The Life and Times, New York: World Publishing, 1971, pp. 19-20.
Which by Christian standards makes him an atheist, by Jewish standards a Jew and by Spinoza's standard, correct and intelligent.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#442820 Feb 8, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
She's right in her comment about 'beliefs' though, I mean, there is no way a Pagan will ever believe that a Pagan society ie. Rome, was where Christians got the idea to burn witches. Don't bother, actual facts never come into play here. Especially when it comes to bashing Christianity. Before Christianity came along there was no violence whatsoever in the world, right? Now that the world is working on eradicating Christianity and killing Christians, it's ever so much more peaceful right? Sure, sure.
<3
Maybe you're not, but I think what you're missing here is that Christianity often claims to hold an ultimate and deity inspired and given morality, a genuinely felt and compelling imperative to "do what's right, because I follow this god"...

What is so different about Christianity again?

The Christian deity and its followers don't appear to be any different than any other deity and the believers in that deity that's ever been. Sure, we're(the world, atheists, too) aware that burning people, killing people, and treating people badly has been around, figuratively, forever. Especially so since religion became more ingrained during the late Mesolithic to Neolithic periods.

BTW, In their early beginnings in Rome, Christians were known as pagans at one time, too. The Roman society at that time were considered the "real deity" worshipers, not pagan.

The more things change....

"When we say ... that he, Jesus Christ, our teacher, was crucified and died, and rose again, and ascended into heaven, we propose nothing new from what you believe about those you consider sons of Zeus."- Justin Martyr, First Apology 21.1 -100-165CE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Lumajuice 809,373
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min confrinting with ... 573,935
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 23 min Hunter 275
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 29 min Fitzwalkerstan Pu... 176,085
Charles Smith 41 min Marlene and Holly 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 41 min Antique Annie 608,162
Trump: Hillary, McCain were 'birthers' 55 min onemale 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 268,865
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr Prabakaran 5,625
More from around the web