Why I’m no longer a Christian

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#442962 Feb 8, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
The original argument was about killing accused witches.
Most intelligent folks are paying attention.
I'm pretty sure that's where I came in.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#442963 Feb 8, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
X I was wondering if you had ever run across this site...While I find some of it thought provoking I am not so sure that it is not just replacing one religious way of thinking with another and just as questionable. It is interesting to read however.
http://www.riseearth.com/2013/01/how-controll...
How the Controllers Use Religion, Money, Politics, and Education to Enslave Our Souls
Due to a conversation on WSJLM I googled "politics and money behind religion" and ran across this. I have only scanned it so far but plan to go back and read it and watch some of the videos when I have more time.
Here is an excerpt...
All major religions have been distorted by the Controllers
If you want to know who are behind a lot of the wars and destruction on our planet, follow the money and it will eventually lead you to religious institutions. They are some of the main entities that are financing and supporting many of the “evil” deeds throughout the world. One of these institution is the Vatican. The Vatican is not a holy institution because behind the scene they worship negative entities like Satan. These types of religious institutions are responsible for killing nearly 1 billion people since the time of Jesheua (Jesus).
It is important to know that all the major religions of the world have been distorted by the Controllers, including but not limited to Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Judaism. One of their main purposes of distorting religion is to manipulate us into thinking that the end of the world is coming. Another one is to disempower us. Even though the Controllers have distorted religion, there is a lot of great and truthful knowledge found in religion. The hard part is trying to separate the truths from the lies.
To manipulate us into believing their “End Times” prophecy, the Controllers brainwashed their children into supporting their doomsday plans, and then encouraged their children to brainwash their children to take actions leading to the fulfillment of their “End Times” prophecies. Therefore their doomsday plans are passed on from generation to generation so that each generation can fulfill their “End Times” prophecies. Many of us cannot comprehend how the Controllers’ dark agendas can survive for so long, but once you understand how they think and operate, then you should understand that their dark agendas are still alive and well today.
I haven't seen the site before, and I agree with much of what I read above.

My opinion, for what it is worth, is that religion has always and will always capitalize on a human desire to attach to, and benefit from something greater than our selves. As long as that desire exists, there will be people eager to take advantage of it.

Economics 101

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#442964 Feb 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh, you don't even make real arguements on your own any more.
I am just glad I got to know X a year ago. A part of me hopes the current X is an imposter.
Thanks again for sharing, G.

Have a Snickers, you always get moody when you're wrong.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#442965 Feb 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you aren't that intelligent, based on your last few posts.
Let it all out, G.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442966 Feb 8, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey U 2, Kiss and make up... Lol
I think X regrets he talked me into thinking for myself a year ago. LOL

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#442967 Feb 8, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
The great fire at Rome and the punishment
of the Christians
The year 64 was the most significant of Nero's principate up to this point. His mother and wife were dead, as was Burrus, and Seneca, unable to maintain his influence over Nero without his colleague's support, had withdrawn into private life. The abysmal Tigellinus was now the foremost advisor of the still young emperor, a man whose origin was from the lowest levels of society and who can accurately be described as criminal in outlook and action. Yet Nero must have considered that he was happier than he had ever been in his life. Those who had constrained his enjoyment of his (seemingly) limitless power were gone, he was married to Poppaea, a woman with all advantages save for a bad character [[7]], the empire was essentially at peace, and the people of Rome enjoyed a full measure of panem et circenses. But then occurred one of the greatest disasters that the city of Rome, in its long history, had ever endured.
The fire began in the southeastern angle of the Circus Maximus, spreading through the shops which clustered there, and raged for the better part of a week. There was brief success in controlling the blaze, but then it burst forth once more, so that many people claimed that the fires were deliberately set. After about a fortnight, the fire burned itself out, having consumed ten of the fourteen Augustan regions into which the city had been divided.
Nero was in Antium through much of the disaster, but his efforts at relief were substantial. Yet many believed that he had been responsible, so that he could perform his own work comparing the current fate of Rome to the downfall of Troy. All his efforts to assist the stricken city could not remove the suspicion that "the emperor had fiddled while Rome burned." He lost favor even among the plebs who had been enthusiastic supporters, particularly when his plans for the rebuilding of the city revealed that a very large part of the center was to become his new home.
As his popularity waned, Nero and Tigellinus realized that individuals were needed who could be charged with the disaster. It so happened that there was such a group ready at hand, Christians, who had made themselves unpopular because of their refusal to worship the emperor, their way of life, and their secret meetings. Further, at this time two of their most significant "teachers" were in Rome, Peter and Paul. They were ideal scapegoats, individuals whom most Romans loathed, and who had continually sung of the forthcoming end of the world.
Their destruction was planned with the utmost precision and cruelty, for the entertainment of the populace. The venue was Nero's circus near the Mons Vaticanus. Christians were exposed to wild animals and were set ablaze, smeared with pitch, to illuminate the night. The executions were so grisly that even the populace displayed sympathy for the victims. Separately, Peter was crucified upside down on the Vatican hill and Paul was beheaded along the Via Ostiensis. But Nero's attempt, and hope, to shift all suspicion of arson to others failed. His popularity even among the lower classes was irrevocably impaired.[[8]]
<end quoted text>
http://www.roman-emperors.org/nero.htm
I'll take the words of all the scholars listed on this site over yours X, o great topix master of lies and deflection.
It is Christian tradition that Paul and Peter suffered martyrdom.

Maybe so.

But even if true, the details really are unknown.

For example, Peter's upside-down crucifixion comes from the clearly fanciful Acts of Peter.

That text also has a dog speaking, a smoked fish coming to life, and Simon Magus flying around town.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#442968 Feb 8, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks again for sharing, G.
Have a Snickers, you always get moody when you're wrong.
It was alleged thatthe PNG burning was by Christians.
It was allefged that only Christinas burned people.
Tacitus (even if it was only two) proved that the practice preceded Christianity's use of it.

I am still right regardless of my possible over estimate of Nero's lamp posts.

I am glad JLu provided the info on the Sandy Hook murderer being Catholic. I stand corrected on that and it seems the Jewish claims of some reports were in error. I am pretty sure that his documented mental illness was more of a factor in that than his religion. Also, there was absolutely no evidence that he believed the little children were witches.

There is no evidence so far that the PNG burning was a Christian act... or that it wasn't.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#442971 Feb 8, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so.
For example, Peter's upside-down crucifixion comes from the clearly fanciful Acts of Peter.
That text also has a dog speaking, a smoked fish coming to life, and Simon Magus flying around town.
Yep. Another Christian myth taken from a text that Christianity has called a pack of lies.

Hilarious, isn't it ?

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#442972 Feb 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I think X regrets he talked me into thinking for myself a year ago. LOL
Lol, I'm sure... I'm learning his ways as well... and yours, haha

“"None shall pass"”

There

#442973 Feb 8, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
.... see all the arguments you folks made for me.....
ROFLMAO

You jumped into an ongoing arguement. It isn't "all about you".

If anyone should be copping an attitude it should be Kate. I owe her an apology for my tone She was trying to make a point. You were just swinging red herrings around the room.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442975 Feb 8, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>You got there before I did.
Thanks anyway, took me awhile to find it, I ended up typing his name an the church name. I guess all the stuff about him being a satanist came out after this article? As a cover up or something...

Columbus, OH

#442976 Feb 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Another Christian myth taken from a text that Christianity has called a pack of lies.
Hilarious, isn't it ?
When even Christians find it hard to believe, no scholar worth his salt should be regurgitating it.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#442977 Feb 8, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so.
dumb very dumb

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#442978 Feb 8, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...Did I mention I was good with knives.
you didn't mention that!

but, you did pass my test for self-righteousness and you've been found not to be a prude:)

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#442979 Feb 8, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Conversing with X 101:
When you create an argument for me, don't expect me to spend any time defending an argument that I never made.
What you are doing is revealing your own thoughts and projecting them on to me. This can sometimes be very funny and sometimes embarrassing, so be careful with your fantasies.
I wish you wouldn't pick your nose at the GRITS stand...

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#442980 Feb 8, 2013
Topix Instant Replay

macumazahn wrote: <quoted text>Cite your source, please, for more Christians being killed (for being Christian)...

Note the specific criteria: Christians being killed for being Christian.

Now follow the links from the provided Google search.
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your pick. Read world news every now and then...sheesh...you do know what year it is right?
http://www.google.com.au/search...

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#442981 Feb 8, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Creepy Stalker Christian
self-righteous prude!!!

Columbus, OH

#442982 Feb 8, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>dumb very dumb
Said the clown.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442983 Feb 8, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>It is Christian tradition that Paul and Peter suffered martyrdom.

Maybe so.

Oh. I guess I'll have another look. Thanks :)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#442984 Feb 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Perhaps it is you ingrates that drive that personality change.
PROJECTION!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Steve III 654,434
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min Adam 45,298
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min The Hangman 973,954
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Buck Crick 64,662
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 38 min Adam 507
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 54 min Genius 106,612
News FBI: Drexel kidnapped, raped, shot, fed to gators 1 hr happy 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 281,955
More from around the web