"Woman. Atheist. Anarchist."

#442714 Feb 7, 2013

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#442715 Feb 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been suggested that in 'the original story':
1. It was Ishmael, Abraham's first born son. According to the text,'God' tells Abraham to sacrifice his "first born son".
2. Abraham actually sacrificed Ishmael, no divine intervention.
Obviously, Islam hates this interpretation.
Interesting stuff.

Columbus, OH

#442716 Feb 7, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>atheist lie for free
Drivel from a clown.

“I want three words:”

Since: Dec 12

#442717 Feb 7, 2013
What a topsy turvy world this topix is. Where Christians know more about witches than witches do and (some) Atheists know more about the Bible than (some) Christians. Always fun....wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. ..
<3

Columbus, OH

#442718 Feb 7, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how often are you intrigued by things you don't believe in?
I'm intrigued by your intelligence.
Hey! It just happened to me!
STOMPIDITY!
A fool's prattle.

Columbus, OH

#442719 Feb 7, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The preceding is another in a long line of ignorant, lame brain posts by the brainless twit, the Chess Nut Jurist! The bozo intelligent thought forgot! Well, at least you're consistently stupid, and the leader when it comes to hot air, nonsense. It's common knowledge that ALL of the posters on topix have nothing but high praises for the T-Town Clown... And we all stick our tongues out at you and them lame posts of yours... U 2 DUMB
More drivel from a clown.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#442720 Feb 7, 2013
*Good Night all... Thanks for the discussions...
Hope everyone is warm and safe...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#442721 Feb 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
In rural Papua New Guinea, witchcraft is often blamed for unexplained misfortunes. Sorcery has traditionally been countered by sorcery, but responses to sorcery allegations have become increasingly violent in recent years.
<end quoted text>
Sorcery traditionally countered by sorcery, how Christian. Does anyone know a native or two or three or more from PNG?
You might have half a point had this atrocity taken place somewhere in the sticks.

It didn't. It happened in the provincial capital of Mount Hagen, one of the largest cities in PNG, with a thriving tourist industry.One would expect the census to have been fairly accurate there.

And yes, sorcery was traditionally countered by more sorcery - not witch-burnings. That's Christian.

The Borderland of Sol

#442722 Feb 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
What a topsy turvy world this topix is. Where Christians know more about witches than witches do and (some) Atheists know more about the Bible than (some) Christians. Always fun....wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. ..
<3
As a rule, atheists are considerably more knowledgeable about the bible and other mythologies than are True Believers.

For one thing, many of us have read the thing cover to cover. Without the apologetics. That'll generally do it.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#442723 Feb 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is well documented by Roman chroniclers. In fact, a few thousand christians were burned at the stake by Nero.
LOL *snort*

#442724 Feb 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You might have half a point had this atrocity taken place somewhere in the sticks.
It didn't. It happened in the provincial capital of Mount Hagen, one of the largest cities in PNG, with a thriving tourist industry.One would expect the census to have been fairly accurate there.
And yes, sorcery was traditionally countered by more sorcery - not witch-burnings. That's Christian.
Whatever you say. So, natives don't live in Mt Hagen?

#442725 Feb 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>As a rule, atheists are considerably more knowledgeable about the bible and other mythologies than are True Believers.
For one thing, many of us have read the thing cover to cover. Without the apologetics. That'll generally do it.
You're assuming all believers haven't read it cover to cover? Do you also know everyone in the whole world?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#442726 Feb 8, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
She's right in her comment about 'beliefs' though, I mean, there is no way a Pagan will ever believe that a Pagan society ie. Rome, was where Christians got the idea to burn witches. Don't bother, actual facts never come into play here. Especially when it comes to bashing Christianity. Before Christianity came along there was no violence whatsoever in the world, right? Now that the world is working on eradicating Christianity and killing Christians, it's ever so much more peaceful right? Sure, sure.
<3
Creating the fictional narrative

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#442727 Feb 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You might have half a point had this atrocity taken place somewhere in the sticks.
Oops...again.

Christians prove the immorality of their own religion on a regular basis. If it's not committing attrocities against humanity, it's turning a blind eye to the attrocities committed by the adherents, then claiming that they are being persecuted.

I'm glad we get to watch.

#442728 Feb 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
Also, that Census is 13 years old, is it possible the numbers have changed now? Burnings are Pagan in nature but thanks for the laughs. If you want to upset us evil Christians you might want to consider using facts as we are not all illiterate trolls dear.

#442729 Feb 8, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Creating the fictional narrative
Tell yourself whatever you need to X. At least you've come up with a newish comment, good for you :)

“My Karma Killed Your Dogma”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#442730 Feb 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam.
They did?

No wonder; same god of abraham.

Location hidden

#442731 Feb 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That was hilarious!
I said it as a compliment, not an insult to you, BTW.
I know.

;)

The Borderland of Sol

#442732 Feb 8, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you say. So, natives don't live in Mt Hagen?
Presumably they do.

What's your point?

I seem to detect a hint of something unpleasant in the way you use the word "natives". It means "someone born there".

Location hidden

#442733 Feb 8, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
She's right in her comment about 'beliefs' though, I mean, there is no way a Pagan will ever believe that a Pagan society ie. Rome, was where Christians got the idea to burn witches. Don't bother, actual facts never come into play here. Especially when it comes to bashing Christianity. Before Christianity came along there was no violence whatsoever in the world, right? Now that the world is working on eradicating Christianity and killing Christians, it's ever so much more peaceful right? Sure, sure.
<3
The world is working on eradicating christianity, and killing christians? Are you sure you want to stick with that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min kent 579,447
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min ChristineM 818,450
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min Epiphany2 609,996
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Neelakaran 5,937
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 270,215
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr River Tam 2,054
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 2 hr ashokS 13
More from around the web