Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442761 Feb 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hah.
And that's the exact demographic, and (along with sub-Saharan Africa) the exact geographic area in which Christianity and Islam are both claiming increasing numbers of converts.
I find that intriguing, don't you?
Intriguing no. I find the state of the whole world to be disgusting. Missionaries don't try to force anyone, they try to help and yes they talk about Jesus, which is now good reason to kill them? Is that what you're getting at? Or maybe they deserve to be killed because evil men killed in the name of Christ for hundreds of years past. Who knows? No one in the past 5 years has ever told me to kill for Christ and I'm a much nicer person because of my new faith. I've known missionaries who got hurt and killed just for being Christian and I've also known evil people who were Christians in my childhood. There are also millions of evil people all over the world who have nothing to do with Christianity. It's all about human power to me. I just don't think generalisations can accurately be made and that people need to stop living in the past and making up crap. Religion doesn't seem to be any different to Politics, imh.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#442762 Feb 8, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're working too much, Mac.
Meh. Comes out to 60 hours a week.

Soon as I get done with child support, I'll quit the part-time one.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442763 Feb 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>From the page you linked: "Killings for Christianity".
http://markhumphrys.com/christianity.killings...
Yeah, I posted a link to the page that article was on. WW2 was the last of it. I wasn't even born then and the Romans before them were worse. My whole point was about the now.

The Borderland of Sol

#442765 Feb 8, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I posted a link to the page that article was on. WW2 was the last of it. I wasn't even born then and the Romans before them were worse. My whole point was about the now.
And in the "now", accused witches are still being burned to death by Christians.

The Borderland of Sol

#442766 Feb 8, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Intriguing no. I find the state of the whole world to be disgusting. Missionaries don't try to force anyone, they try to help and yes they talk about Jesus, which is now good reason to kill them? Is that what you're getting at? Or maybe they deserve to be killed because evil men killed in the name of Christ for hundreds of years past. Who knows? No one in the past 5 years has ever told me to kill for Christ and I'm a much nicer person because of my new faith. I've known missionaries who got hurt and killed just for being Christian and I've also known evil people who were Christians in my childhood. There are also millions of evil people all over the world who have nothing to do with Christianity. It's all about human power to me. I just don't think generalisations can accurately be made and that people need to stop living in the past and making up crap. Religion doesn't seem to be any different to Politics, imh.
Oh, sorry - was that supposed to be a response to something I said?

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#442767 Feb 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hah.
And that's the exact demographic, and (along with sub-Saharan Africa) the exact geographic area in which Christianity and Islam are both claiming increasing numbers of converts.
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Intriguing no. I find the state of the whole world to be disgusting. Missionaries don't try to force anyone, they try to help and yes they talk about Jesus, which is now good reason to kill them?...
Talk about jesus? Are you kidding me?

"You need jesus, because if you don't have jesus you're going to burn in hell FOREVER!!!"

or...

"Won't you please, please, pleeeeeeeze accept jesus? Because if you don't, you're going to burn in hell forever. You don't want to burn in hell forever, do you? Jesus loves you, and if you don't love him back, well, you'll just have to burn."

If that isn't forcing/ browbeating/ intimidating/ coercing/ threatening/ strongarming/ menacing/ terrorizing someone...

Christianity makes me sick.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442769 Feb 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And in the "now", accused witches are still being burned to death by Christians.
What Christians? There is no evidence of that, none whatsoever. You can continue this by yourself. Happy to have amused you.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#442770 Feb 8, 2013
I have never heard anything about Romans burning christians at the stake. But I do know how christians like to pretend that they're alway being persecuted. Daniel in the lion's den? I'm betting it's christian propaganda and bullshit. Romans burning christians? Same bet.

Christians have been running the show and spewing their propaganda for more than 1,700 years--that's a lot of momentum to overcome.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#442771 Feb 8, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I read about geisha coffee in The Stars & Stripes today.
I think this is the same article:
http://www.macombdaily.com/article/20130125/L...
I need to try it.
Medium roast variety pack of Hawaii's Kona coffee, three pounds:$105

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442772 Feb 8, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hah.
<quoted text>
"You need jesus, because if you don't have jesus you're going to burn in hell FOREVER!!!"
or...
"Won't you please, please, pleeeeeeeze accept jesus? Because if you don't, you're going to burn in hell forever. You don't want to burn in hell forever, do you? Jesus loves you, and if you don't love him back, well, you'll just have to burn."
If that isn't forcing/ browbeating/ intimidating/ coercing/ threatening/ strongarming/ menacing/ terrorizing someone...
I know some of the missionaries that go to Africa, PNG and India and they don't say things like that, neither do any of the Christians I've met here and neither do I. A lot of those missionaries also use their own funds and are Teachers or Medical Professionals who do a lot of good for unfortunate, very ill people, regardless of whether they want to hear about Christ or not. America is not the world.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#442773 Feb 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And in the "now", accused witches are still being burned to death by Christians.
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
What Christians? There is no evidence of that, none whatsoever. You can continue this by yourself. Happy to have amused you.
The christians who burned that poor woman. Neither the author nor the editor of the article probably wanted to offend the world's christian community by pointing out that a band of christians burned a "witch" alive...just like they used to do in the good ole days.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442774 Feb 8, 2013
I have never heard anything about Romans burning christians at the stake. But I do know how christians like to pretend that they're alway being persecuted. Daniel in the lion's den? I'm betting it's christian propaganda and bullshit. Romans burning christians? Same bet.
Christians have been running the show and spewing their propaganda for more than 1,700 years--that's a lot of momentum to overcome.
Lol...now you're referencing my 'book of lies'... beyond sad. I guess them History books are no good huh? Whatever, I'm going back to nodding and smiling.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#442775 Feb 8, 2013
or...
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I know some of the missionaries that go to Africa, PNG and India and they don't say things like that, neither do any of the Christians I've met here and neither do I.
Yes they do; they have to. Threats of hell and damnation are part of the package, and you know it. Otherwise, what's the need for "salvation?"

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#442776 Feb 8, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...now you're referencing my 'book of lies'... beyond sad. I guess them History books are no good huh? Whatever, I'm going back to nodding and smiling.
No, I'm pointing out facts. You know, facts?

As for your book of lies that I didn't mention, your buybull, well...it speaks for itself.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#442777 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Medium roast variety pack of Hawaii's Kona coffee, three pounds:$105
I love Kona.

Blue Mountain too.

I buy the beans green and roast them the night before using them.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442778 Feb 8, 2013
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Albert Einstein

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#442779 Feb 8, 2013
or...
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text> ....very ill people, regardless of whether they want to hear about Christ or not. America is not the world.
What does my country have to to with the facts that I posted? Is this another attempt at digression?

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#442780 Feb 8, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Your book of lies isn't a history book, it's a book of lies. It proves it all on its own, with no help needed from me.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#442781 Feb 8, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I know some of the missionaries that go to Africa, PNG and India...
What, they need to go to undereducated, Third World countries to seek converts because they can't sell their religion in their own homeland?

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#442782 Feb 8, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I love Kona.
Blue Mountain too.
I buy the beans green and roast them the night before using them.
I'm thinking of switching over to instant. Please don't think unkindly of me.

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 min Halle Berry Sister 3,728
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min DebraE 55,750
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Liam 649,697
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 8 min ImFree2Choose 2,283
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min onemale 281,468
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 48 min New Ideas 44,922
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 54 min New Ideas 618,573
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 15 hr Noname 69
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 hr Hangman 972,378
More from around the web