“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#442653 Feb 7, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Playing make believe again? That's nothing new for you.
You're as goofy as that idiot WasteWater! Oh, pardon moi, you are WasteWater! My bad!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442654 Feb 7, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you know that taste well I bet... pickle licker
Kate is probably more partial to carpets than pickles.

Dang! You even suck as aclown.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#442655 Feb 7, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi T-Clown, Did you finally get fed?
Si

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442656 Feb 7, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh well, I guess some could call it a comb-over...
LOL

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#442657 Feb 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The "They weren't real Christians" mythos.
Old hat that doesn't cover the bald spots.
onion head

“How You Treat Me”

Since: May 10

Determines How I Treat You

#442658 Feb 7, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
To reiterate: If a "non-believer" burned someone at the stake for witchcraft, they wouldn't be a non-believer, would they?
Since burning witches was exclusively a christian practice, well.... Hey,*you* do the math.
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
IMHO, I don't believe a 'true' Christian would burn anyone.
It depends on who's defining the "true" christian. I imagine there are a number of "true" christians on this thread alone who say *you* aren't a "true" christian.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#442659 Feb 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Kate is probably more partial to carpets than pickles.
Dang! You even suck as aclown.
X needs you to open his Grits stand in the morning! don't be late

“How You Treat Me”

#442661 Feb 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The ban on decapitation and head shrinking probably lead them to another alternative for "controlling/destroying the evil spirits".
Burning people alive is not a Christian invention.
Are there any pre-Burning Times examples? I don't know of any. Are there any *other* religions that threaten non-believers and other "sinners" with burning--eternal or otherwise? I don't think there are any Buddhists or Mithraists who believe in it or practiced it.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#442662 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
To reiterate: If a "non-believer" burned someone at the stake for witchcraft, they wouldn't be a non-believer, would they?
Since burning witches was exclusively a christian practice, well.... Hey,*you* do the math.
<quoted text>
It depends on who's defining the "true" christian. I imagine there are a number of "true" christians on this thread alone who say *you* aren't a "true" christian.
I'm sure there are... Don't care...Lol

“How You Treat Me”

#442663 Feb 7, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
I think anyone who can burn a human/animal at the stake is not a 'true' Christian in their heart. Regardless of what they want to call themselves...
The road to Heaven is very narrow.'You' do the math...
It's all a matter of belief--that's the driving force.

During the Burning Times, not only were innocent people burned alive, but so were their pets, their livestock, and sometimes even their children. The people who carried out these atrocities were absolutely, irrevocably convinced that they were doing "the Lord's" will, and if they were alive today there is no way in hell that you could convince them otherwise. They would probably burn you, too, and then praise jesus.

That is the insanity of christianity.

“How You Treat Me”

#442664 Feb 7, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text> ...The road to Heaven is very narrow.'You' do the math...
Almost forgot: there isn't any "heaven." That's just your belief--like the people who believed that as christians they had to burn witches for their god.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#442665 Feb 7, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Playing make believe again? That's nothing new for you.
I seen you working at the carwash today!!! carrying that sign that said we do the best hand job in town... tips appreciated

“How You Treat Me”

#442666 Feb 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
Romans were burning witches long before Christianity existed.
http://suite101.com/article/roman-witches-a13...
From that website:

"What is Suite101?"

"Suite101 is a new kind of knowledgebase centered on personal experience and passionate interest. We bring together people who thrive on sharing what they've been through, what they know, what they care about.

"More focused than a forum, more dynamic than an encyclopedia, Suite101 is all about weaving real experiences into knowledge. Here your interests determine the structure and every contribution is an opportunity to connect Ė a personal, guided entry point into any subject.

"Our goal is to help build a freer, more cooperative internet by creating an environment that encourages the exchange of ideas."

For all I know, this could be a religious website that doesn't want to admit it's a religious website.

“How You Treat Me”

#442667 Feb 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
Romans were burning witches long before Christianity existed.
http://suite101.com/article/roman-witches-a13...
Also, it is difficult to know what a "witch" was in ancinet Rome, since "witch" is an English word.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#442668 Feb 7, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
IMHO, I don't believe a 'true' Christian would burn anyone.
That's really convenient. Disingenuous, but handy don't you think?

Anything done that's a positive reflection upon Christianity, even if it's done by the most dastardly person, is considered a "real Christian", and is held up as an example of what Christianity can do.

If it's something awful or horrendous, but done by a shining example of what it means to be a Christian(he was a good deacon, a good Christian father, charitable etc...), then that person will be reviled and said to not be a "real Christian".

So it works out(in your mind), that only good things can be done by a Christian, and they are a "real Christian".

You drop all other Christians - "not real Christians" - off on the door step of someone else. You place the blame or responsibility or the image it presents and reflects - upon your religion - elsewhere.

If a person says they are a Christian, they are. That's my litmus, whether they present a positive or negative image, it doesn't matter.

They are a real Christian.

“How You Treat Me”

#442669 Feb 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
Also, age old practices of Native Tribes throughout the world have very little to do with Christianity.
Pre-christian societies generally treated "magicians and sorcerers"--in other words, herbalists, midwives and healers--pretty decently, since their lives depended on them. It was in the early christian world where the torture and execution of accused "witches"--threats to the christian state--became popular.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#442670 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
It's all a matter of belief--that's the driving force.
During the Burning Times, not only were innocent people burned alive, but so were their pets, their livestock, and sometimes even their children. The people who carried out these atrocities were absolutely, irrevocably convinced that they were doing "the Lord's" will, and if they were alive today there is no way in hell that you could convince them otherwise. They would probably burn you, too, and then praise jesus.
That is the insanity of christianity.
You have a serious problem. First, it's when you open your mouth. Do you think before you speak? You are making a fool out of yourself. Even G_O_D_ told you to let it go...

If I ever chose not to be a christian, I sure wouldn't want your life style. It's an angry one.

I must really get to you... Now go sleep it off.
Posting with you wasted 3 minutes of my time, that I will not get back.
Go howl at something else.

“How You Treat Me”

#442671 Feb 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
True. Hanging and beheading were the "true Christian" way.
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
It might have been the true Christian way in their own delusional minds, but they were 'not true' Christians in their hearts.
Yes, they were. Just ask them; they'll tell you. Think about it.
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text> They will be judged for their actions.
No, they won't. Again, just ask them; they'll tell you.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#442672 Feb 7, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
That's really convenient. Disingenuous, but handy don't you think?
Anything done that's a positive reflection upon Christianity, even if it's done by the most dastardly person, is considered a "real Christian", and is held up as an example of what Christianity can do.
If it's something awful or horrendous, but done by a shining example of what it means to be a Christian(he was a good deacon, a good Christian father, charitable etc...), then that person will be reviled and said to not be a "real Christian".
So it works out(in your mind), that only good things can be done by a Christian, and they are a "real Christian".
You drop all other Christians - "not real Christians" - off on the door step of someone else. You place the blame or responsibility or the image it presents and reflects - upon your religion - elsewhere.
If a person says they are a Christian, they are. That's my litmus, whether they present a positive or negative image, it doesn't matter.
They are a real Christian.
I disagree...

“How You Treat Me”

#442673 Feb 7, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you know that taste well I bet... pickle licker
I love it when you talk like jesus!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min Rosa_Winkel 99,727
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 33 min andet1987 1,837
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 35 min par five 4,082
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 57 min Phantom2010 837,024
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 59 min The swamiji 7,155
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr The swamiji 1,427
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr lightbeamrider 176,756
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Tony17 589,351
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Porkpie Hat 271,262
More from around the web