“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442701 Feb 7, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
True. Hanging and beheading were the "true Christian" way.
<quoted text>
Yes, they were. Just ask them; they'll tell you. Think about it.
<quoted text>
No, they won't. Again, just ask them; they'll tell you.
Yup. They will say they were doing their God's will.

Charles Manson still thinks he was doing God's will as did David Koresh (who burned his own follwers to death) and Jim Jones who murdered his own followers, too.

Religion is a more dangerous thing than all the assault rifles in the world.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#442702 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
From that website:
"What is Suite101?"
"Suite101 is a new kind of knowledgebase centered on personal experience and passionate interest. We bring together people who thrive on sharing what they've been through, what they know, what they care about.
"More focused than a forum, more dynamic than an encyclopedia, Suite101 is all about weaving real experiences into knowledge. Here your interests determine the structure and every contribution is an opportunity to connect – a personal, guided entry point into any subject.
"Our goal is to help build a freer, more cooperative internet by creating an environment that encourages the exchange of ideas."
For all I know, this could be a religious website that doesn't want to admit it's a religious website.
That is well documented by Roman chroniclers. In fact, a few thousand christians were burned at the stake by Nero.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442703 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
From that website:
"What is Suite101?"
"Suite101 is a new kind of knowledgebase centered on personal experience and passionate interest. We bring together people who thrive on sharing what they've been through, what they know, what they care about.
"More focused than a forum, more dynamic than an encyclopedia, Suite101 is all about weaving real experiences into knowledge. Here your interests determine the structure and every contribution is an opportunity to connect – a personal, guided entry point into any subject.
"Our goal is to help build a freer, more cooperative internet by creating an environment that encourages the exchange of ideas."
For all I know, this could be a religious website that doesn't want to admit it's a religious website.
Righto Kate, whatever you say.
<quoted text>
The greatest penalty for witchcraft, one that quickly gained currency across Europe, was to be burned alive in a ritual or symbolic purgation by fire. The earliest references to this form of witch-execution come from the late Roman empire, and it is in the regions most affected by Roman culture that we find the oldest mentions of it in feudal times--in Italy, Spain, and France.
In France, a late recension of the Salic law ordered those who killed by incantations to be burned alive.[Lea, 408-9] The Visigoth kings began to burn witches after a long campaign by Spanish clerics to reintroduce the harsh imperial codes against pagans and "sorcery." Lea commented, "It is significant of the barbarian tenderness for human life, however, that the penalties were greatly less than those of the savage Roman edicts." [MTHW, 399]
<end quoted text>

http://www.suppressedhistories.net/secrethist...

http://www.ravengrimassi.net/Writings.htm

Before the english word 'witch' the words 'straga','strix','pharmakia' amongst others.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#442704 Feb 7, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you know that taste well I bet... pickle licker
<quoted text>
What was that episode of "South Park?" Where Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman were all on the floor of a living room licking the rug? Butters found them and asked what they were doing. I think it was Stan who said, "Our new teacher Ms Lesbo was called a 'carpet licker,' and we were wondering what was so great about licking a carpet."
That was hilarious!

I said it as a compliment, not an insult to you, BTW.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#442705 Feb 7, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops
Oh, dear.

Am I being inconvenient again?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#442706 Feb 7, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>As of the Census of 2000, 96% of PNG is Christian.
Too bad that most of the population didn't participate in the census.

I wonder what the stats for NY state would be if we just did a census in NYC ?.... and wrote it in Hebrew.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442707 Feb 7, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a serious problem. First, it's when you open your mouth. Do you think before you speak? You are making a fool out of yourself. Even G_O_D_ told you to let it go...
If I ever chose not to be a christian, I sure wouldn't want your life style. It's an angry one.
I must really get to you... Now go sleep it off.
Posting with you wasted 3 minutes of my time, that I will not get back.
Go howl at something else.
She's right in her comment about 'beliefs' though, I mean, there is no way a Pagan will ever believe that a Pagan society ie. Rome, was where Christians got the idea to burn witches. Don't bother, actual facts never come into play here. Especially when it comes to bashing Christianity. Before Christianity came along there was no violence whatsoever in the world, right? Now that the world is working on eradicating Christianity and killing Christians, it's ever so much more peaceful right? Sure, sure.
<3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442708 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
It's all a matter of belief--that's the driving force.
During the Burning Times, not only were innocent people burned alive, but so were their pets, their livestock, and sometimes even their children. The people who carried out these atrocities were absolutely, irrevocably convinced that they were doing "the Lord's" will, and if they were alive today there is no way in hell that you could convince them otherwise. They would probably burn you, too, and then praise jesus.
That is the insanity of christianity.
<quoted text>
Right. You can't refute what I'm saying because I'm telling the truth, so you go for the insult instead. Okay; I can play that game, too.
And I'm very good at it, so think twice before pursuing that line of action.
You do realize, don't you, that you just lost the argument?
<quoted text>
Speak? You mean, write? Yes, I do; evidently you don't.
<quoted text>
You say that because I have history on my side, and I can back up what I'm stating. If you don't like it, don't read my posts.
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know.*You* are pushing the issue, and I will push back.
<quoted text>
Fine by me.
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who's frustrated by my inability to convert someone to christianity.
I have good reason to be angry. A year ago last Thanksgiving I had three "true christians" vandalize my home, break into it looking for me, and one of them shot my dog. The original post was taken down by Topix moderators, but I was able to repost it because I had the sense to save it to hard drive. I can post it again, if you want.
<quoted text>
Don't flatter yourself.
<quoted text>
Don't blame me; I didn't twist your arm into it.
Please back up what you are stating, rather than just discredit my most recent links with your words. Cheers <3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442709 Feb 7, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of it had to do with jealousy of beautiful women. Not just in the name of Jesus...
It's always about men controlling women, since before the time of Jesus, Romans, Ancient Egyptians etc...

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442710 Feb 7, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>As of the Census of 2000, 96% of PNG is Christian.
I'm sure all the natives participated in a census. I'm starting to believe Clownies Marijuana Market theories. That is hardly an answer to my question. You are assuming it was Christian related. Have you ever studied the Native Customs of PNG? Are you aware that most participants in that census are British and Australian? Do you know any missionaries that have lived there or have you lived there or even visited? This is the kind of thing that prompted my comment about w_n.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442711 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
In rural Papua New Guinea, witchcraft is often blamed for unexplained misfortunes. Sorcery has traditionally been countered by sorcery, but responses to sorcery allegations have become increasingly violent in recent years.
<end quoted text>

Sorcery traditionally countered by sorcery, how Christian. Does anyone know a native or two or three or more from PNG?

Bangalore, India

#442712 Feb 7, 2013
Have some patience, don't loose faith.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442713 Feb 7, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, dear.
Am I being inconvenient again?
No, just inaccurate. Look into how reliable that Census is.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442714 Feb 7, 2013

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#442715 Feb 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been suggested that in 'the original story':
1. It was Ishmael, Abraham's first born son. According to the text,'God' tells Abraham to sacrifice his "first born son".
2. Abraham actually sacrificed Ishmael, no divine intervention.
Obviously, Islam hates this interpretation.
Interesting stuff.

Columbus, OH

#442716 Feb 7, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>atheist lie for free
Drivel from a clown.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442717 Feb 7, 2013
What a topsy turvy world this topix is. Where Christians know more about witches than witches do and (some) Atheists know more about the Bible than (some) Christians. Always fun....wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. ..
<3

Columbus, OH

#442718 Feb 7, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how often are you intrigued by things you don't believe in?
I'm intrigued by your intelligence.
Hey! It just happened to me!
STOMPIDITY!
A fool's prattle.

Columbus, OH

#442719 Feb 7, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The preceding is another in a long line of ignorant, lame brain posts by the brainless twit, the Chess Nut Jurist! The bozo intelligent thought forgot! Well, at least you're consistently stupid, and the leader when it comes to hot air, nonsense. It's common knowledge that ALL of the posters on topix have nothing but high praises for the T-Town Clown... And we all stick our tongues out at you and them lame posts of yours... U 2 DUMB
More drivel from a clown.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#442720 Feb 7, 2013
*Good Night all... Thanks for the discussions...
Hope everyone is warm and safe...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Rosesz 646,616
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Buck Crick 971,690
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min onemale 281,262
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 34 min Truthiness 15
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 45 min Buck Crick 48,745
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Steve III 44,688
... 3 hr jorvajor 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 hr KellyP_Onuandher 2,063
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr karl44 105,620
More from around the web