Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442619 Feb 7, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>Christians at play:

Accused witch burned alive in Papua New Guinea
The Associated Press
Thursday, February 7, 2013 8:23 PM EST

PORT MORESBY, Papua New Guinea (AP)—Assailants stripped, tortured and bound a woman accused of witchcraft, then burned her alive in front of hundreds of witnesses in a Papua New Guinea town, police said Friday after one of the highest profile sorcery-related murders in this South Pacific island nation.
Some of the hundreds of bystanders took photographs of Wednesday's brutal slaying. Grisly pictures were published on the front pages of the country's biggest circulating newspapers, The National and Post-Courier. The prime minister, police and diplomats condemned the killing

Kepari Leniata, a 20-year-old who had a child, had been accused of sorcery by relatives of a 6-year-old boy who died in the hospital the day before, police spokesman Dominic Kakas said.

She was tortured with a hot iron rod, bound, doused in gasoline, then set alight on a pile of car tires and trash in the Western Highlands provincial capital of Mount Hagen, Kakas said.

"Investigations are continuing. We've got good leads. The husband is the prime suspect," Kakas said.

Sorcery has traditionally been countered by sorcery in Papuan New Guinean culture. But responses to sorcery allegations have become increasingly violent in recent years.

Kakas said the death was the first the sorcery-related murder in Papua New Guinea in a year.

Police Commissioner Tom Kulunga described the murder as "shocking and devilish."

"We are in the 21st century and this is totally unacceptable," Commissioner Kulunga said in a statement.

He suggested courts be established to deal with sorcery allegations, as an alternative to villagers dispensing justice.

Prime Minister Pete O'Neill said he had instructed police to use all available manpower to bring the killers to justice.

"It is reprehensible that women, the old and the weak in our society should be targeted for alleged sorcery or wrongs that they actually have nothing to do with," O'Neill said.

The U.S. Embassy in the national capital Port Moresby issued a statement calling for a sustained international partnership to enhance anti-gender-based violence laws throughout the Pacific.

The embassy of Australia, Papua New Guinea's colonial ruler until independence in 1975 and now its biggest foreign aid donor, said "We join ... all reasonable Papua New Guineans in looking forward to the perpetrators being brought to justice."

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. <end of article>
Where does the article say anything about Christians?

“YouCan't Throw MeTo The Wolves”

Since: May 10

"THEY COME WHEN I CALL"

#442620 Feb 7, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're projecting your own prejudice and bigotry again, silly Christian.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i know that you're projecting, but what am i? sheesh dude, are we back in kindergarten?
You wish; you want to molest children for jesus.

"THEY COME WHEN I CALL"

#442621 Feb 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
dude - you're NOT a genius, but you're hillarious as one who thinks he is;)
You're not a christian, but you're hillarious as one who thinks he is.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#442622 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Hm? I'm sorry, I wasn't paying close attention. Did you say you were playing with yourself?
Apparently you can't read either...

"THEY COME WHEN I CALL"

#442623 Feb 7, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Well look what the cat dragged in..........
Yeah--you.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#442624 Feb 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is possible that the 'E source' may have been disavowing Judah's primacy through Isaac. It may be the basis for a proto Islamic primacy of Ishmael.
Indeed.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442625 Feb 7, 2013
I am pretty sure that wasn't Christians.
New Guinea has an ancient "belief" in witchcraft and often murdered people accused of "sorcery". The "old ways" are difficult to stamp out. Ritual Head hunting and canibalism still exist in many of the remote areas.

One does not have to be a Christian to be dangerously deluded by beliefs in the supernatural.
<quoted text>
Christians at play:
Accused witch burned alive in Papua New Guinea
The Associated Press
Thursday, February 7, 2013 8:23 PM EST
PORT MORESBY, Papua New Guinea (AP)—Assailants stripped, tortured and bound a woman accused of witchcraft, then burned her alive in front of hundreds of witnesses in a Papua New Guinea town, police said Friday after one of the highest profile sorcery-related murders in this South Pacific island nation.
Some of the hundreds of bystanders took photographs of Wednesday's brutal slaying. Grisly pictures were published on the front pages of the country's biggest circulating newspapers, The National and Post-Courier. The prime minister, police and diplomats condemned the killing
Kepari Leniata, a 20-year-old who had a child, had been accused of sorcery by relatives of a 6-year-old boy who died in the hospital the day before, police spokesman Dominic Kakas said.
She was tortured with a hot iron rod, bound, doused in gasoline, then set alight on a pile of car tires and trash in the Western Highlands provincial capital of Mount Hagen, Kakas said.
"Investigations are continuing. We've got good leads. The husband is the prime suspect," Kakas said.
Sorcery has traditionally been countered by sorcery in Papuan New Guinean culture. But responses to sorcery allegations have become increasingly violent in recent years.
Kakas said the death was the first the sorcery-related murder in Papua New Guinea in a year.
Police Commissioner Tom Kulunga described the murder as "shocking and devilish."
"We are in the 21st century and this is totally unacceptable," Commissioner Kulunga said in a statement.
He suggested courts be established to deal with sorcery allegations, as an alternative to villagers dispensing justice.
Prime Minister Pete O'Neill said he had instructed police to use all available manpower to bring the killers to justice.
"It is reprehensible that women, the old and the weak in our society should be targeted for alleged sorcery or wrongs that they actually have nothing to do with," O'Neill said.
The U.S. Embassy in the national capital Port Moresby issued a statement calling for a sustained international partnership to enhance anti-gender-based violence laws throughout the Pacific.
The embassy of Australia, Papua New Guinea's colonial ruler until independence in 1975 and now its biggest foreign aid donor, said "We join ... all reasonable Papua New Guineans in looking forward to the perpetrators being brought to justice."
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. <end of article>

"THEY COME WHEN I CALL"

#442626 Feb 7, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The Lord knows us southern gentlemen, loves GRITS! just like he does...
Is it because you think they taste like semen?

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#442627 Feb 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know, I got that too.
I could just use non-believer, instead of Christian, and get the same results she does...

"THEY COME WHEN I CALL"

#442628 Feb 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please quit mentioning Hitler??? Please? Pretty please? With chocolate fudge sauce and a cherry on top?
<3
Hitler is his hero; he wiped out all those christ-killing jews.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442629 Feb 7, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you can't read either...
Snevaeh legna wrote:

" Do I have to play here all by myself? "

Apparently she can.

LOL

"THEY COME WHEN I CALL"

#442630 Feb 7, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Where he gone, ain't no donations gonna hep him.
You're a hateful bitch, aren't you? Thank you for showing us the face of your jesus.

"THEY COME WHEN I CALL"

#442631 Feb 7, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
All in Fun... I can dish it out, because I can take it!
How many atheists does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None...they don't believe in light.:)
Do I have to play here all by myself??? Lol
<quoted text>
Hm? I'm sorry, I wasn't paying close attention. Did you say you were playing with yourself?
Oh, playing **by** yourself. I'm sorry.

"THEY COME WHEN I CALL"

#442633 Feb 7, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Googled and read original article. No mention of Christians.
And where do **you** suppose they got the idea for burning a "witch?"

"THEY COME WHEN I CALL"

#442634 Feb 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
You know as well as I do that witchburning was a popular practice among christians during the Burning Times.

Consider the possibility that the burners' christianity was specifically not mentioned because no one wanted to offend the christian community.

"THEY COME WHEN I CALL"

#442635 Feb 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I am pretty sure that wasn't Christians.
New Guinea has an ancient "belief" in witchcraft and often murdered people accused of "sorcery". The "old ways" are difficult to stamp out. Ritual Head hunting and canibalism still exist in many of the remote areas.
One does not have to be a Christian to be dangerously deluded by beliefs in the supernatural.
<quoted text>
Throughout all of history, christians were the only people to burn accused witches. Where do you suppose these modern-day witchburners got the idea?

"THEY COME WHEN I CALL"

#442636 Feb 7, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know, I got that too.
I could just use non-believer, instead of Christian, and get the same results she does...
Non-believers never burned people at the stake for "witchcraft."

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#442637 Feb 7, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
All in Fun... I can dish it out, because I can take it!
How many atheists does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None...they don't believe in light.:)
Do I have to play here all by myself??? Lol
<quoted text>
Oh, playing **by** yourself. I'm sorry.
your forgiven...:)

Since: Mar 10

Trussville, Alabama

#442638 Feb 7, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Googled and read original article. No mention of Christians.
Fail.
STOMPOCRISY!
You work hard every day to keep up with this "irrelevant backwater chat room" for "lonely losers". Do keep reminding everyone how much you abhor the place. Ha ha! Thanks for keeping up!

"THEY COME WHEN I CALL"

#442639 Feb 7, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know, I got that too.
wrote: Non-believers never burned people at the stake for "witchcraft."
To reiterate: If a "non-believer" burned someone at the stake for witchcraft, they wouldn't be a non-believer, would they?

Since burning witches was exclusively a christian practice, well.... Hey,*you* do the math.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min It aint necessari... 866,236
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Michael 600,318
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Charlie Sheen 272,476
Poll What's your opinion on Mexicans? (Jul '10) 22 min Orange Tang 71
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 57 min -Stray Dog 6,565
Gay sex in raigarh 1 hr Deepak 19
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr ChristineM 2,140
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 11 hr imr 48
More from around the web