Why I’m no longer a Christian

“ChristianityIs AMental Disease”

Since: May 10

And The Cure Is Education

#442167 Feb 5, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Your objections are about the mechanics of how to tell a person he is lost and heading for the flames of hellfire for all eternity. There will be no escape from that perpetual unimaginable torture.
What does your god have to gain by having someone tortured for all eternity? Care to explain? So far, no one christian has been able.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442168 Feb 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, apart from THAT, of course.
I generally despise movies that take such liberties with the book.
Even if it's a mediocre book.
Agreed!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#442169 Feb 5, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
If God didn't have a sense of humour he would not have made funny people.
Maybe just maybe...this will answer the question...

What Is The Deal With Lightning Bugs?

I mean, here is this rather ordinary looking flying insect, but wait ... it has a glow-in-the-dark rear end!

What was God thinking?

I'm sure science has all kinds of explanations about how this fluorescent fanny is useful for mating and other stuff,but why did God choose to make the lightning bug glow?

I wonder if when God was creating all the animals and everything around us, he came up with the idea of thelightning bug and said, "The kids are gonna love this."

We know that God loves us enough to create all the things we need to survive, but does God loves us so much Hecreated some things just to make us smile?

Just seeing lightning bugs takes me back to those warm summer nights of my youth. I'd be running around the backyard with my empty Mason jar, racing toward the flashing lights all around me. I can still feel the joy and hear thelaughter echoing through my memories.

Lightning bugs were as much a part of summer as fireworks, fresh tomatoes, and big ice-cold slabs of juicy watermelon.(I also have a theory of why God created watermelon seeds the perfect size to spit, but that is anotherstory.)

God created so much diversity in this world, much more than is needed for mere survival. He made all of this forus, and He wants us to enjoy it. We can get so busy surrounding ourselves with man-made goods that we don'tnotice the living tapestry God has laid out all around us.

I guess lightning bugs do have a purpose after all. They are a reminder of a creative God who loves us so much, He'deven paint the rear end of a bug -- just to see us smile!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#442170 Feb 5, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll pass if your the example...
You weren't invited.

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#442171 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do you call some one who believes in Jesus, accepts Jesus as the final Levitican Atonement, tries to follow what Jesus taught but rejects the Greek concept of "Christ" and the pagan doctrines of Paul ?
That's not up to me. What others believe is their choice. It definitely isn't my belief, and it isn't the belief of most Christians, the latter being of little importance as it represents indoctrination. I do not believe majority rules in spiritual matters. There are many accepted and common beliefs that are shared by the majority of Christians that continue to be tweaked as our society deems acceptable and common practices that were not subject to change according to the author God. The majority can and likely will be found incorrect on many Biblical, church, theological, and historical beliefs and doctrine. But by then it will be too late to realize.

What bothers me the most, especially on Topix, is that many non-believers associate all Christians by the posting of one or more that claim to be a Christian. That is why it is wise to consider how we may be associating our beliefs and behavior as a norm for other Christians, and cause undue harm. I certainly do not lump all non-believers together as if they represent the whole. We are all individuals and our chosen faith is just a part of this temporary life and how we live it.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#442172 Feb 5, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
If God didn't have a sense of humour he would not have made funny people.
Ferrets are God's clowns.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#442173 Feb 5, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Not gods.
I said 'supernatural beings'.

Christians don't understand what the word 'god' means.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#442174 Feb 5, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
wtf?
Is this supposed to make any sense?
Don't worry WW. It's clownie's witness for Jesus. He's tryin' to bring folks to God through his personal testimony.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#442175 Feb 5, 2013
Two nuns are driving at night in a swamp. A vampire fly's out of a shadowy stand of moss-covered trees and lands menacingly on the hood of their car. The nun who's driving says to the other nun, "Quick! Sister! Show him your cross!"

The second nun leans out of the window, grabs the vampire and screams, "GET THE FµCK OFF THE G0DDAMN CAR!!!"

#442176 Feb 5, 2013
Claire Voyager wrote:
<quoted text>There's the rub. It is impossible for you, with your regenerate mind and mortal coil, to ensure that you are really born again. To claim otherwise is to presume to know the mind of God, and as you have so ferverently stated previously, mere mortals can not know the mind of God. Thereby lies your quandary.
Crises brought about by drug and alcohol abuse and/or sexual misconduct (occurring primarily among adolescents and young adults) are responsible for the majority of false conversions in evangelical and charismatic Christianity. You have already discussed your previous substance abuse and your wanton, unfulfilled sexual desires are on rampant display right here. Sin is to become sinful. You have demonstrated that you have yet to attain such a conversion. You are a false prophet. A devil in idiot's clothing. A regenerate pervert. Burn, baby, burn.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
why wouldn't i share the mind of God if i'm in Christ???
Because you're not.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>"but you have the mind of Christ" bible quote
it's very evident that you're sharing your spiritual father's antichrist mind/heart....
You sound like a losing liberal trying to shut off all debate over *any* given issue by shouting "RACIST!!"

Now you are calling everyone who disagrees with you "antichrist." In other words, you are calling yourself christ.

Talk about delusional--or blasphemy.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#442177 Feb 5, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not up to me. What others believe is their choice. It definitely isn't my belief, and it isn't the belief of most Christians, the latter being of little importance as it represents indoctrination. I do not believe majority rules in spiritual matters. There are many accepted and common beliefs that are shared by the majority of Christians that continue to be tweaked as our society deems acceptable and common practices that were not subject to change according to the author God. The majority can and likely will be found incorrect on many Biblical, church, theological, and historical beliefs and doctrine. But by then it will be too late to realize.
What bothers me the most, especially on Topix, is that many non-believers associate all Christians by the posting of one or more that claim to be a Christian. That is why it is wise to consider how we may be associating our beliefs and behavior as a norm for other Christians, and cause undue harm. I certainly do not lump all non-believers together as if they represent the whole. We are all individuals and our chosen faith is just a part of this temporary life and how we live it.
Thanks for a well thought out reply. I concur.

#442178 Feb 5, 2013
Claire Voyager wrote:
<quoted text>An argument from popularity is meaningless.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY!!!
I thought you might have been learning something for a second, and then you continued with...
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>antichrist mentality is actually the conventional wisdom of...
You just make this shit up as you go. No thought, just kneejerk christard reaction.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>"as it was in the days of noah...."
"Noah" is a myth. He and his little ark never existed. It is a buybull fairytale that you *want* to believe, because belief takes no effort at all, while learning facts takes work and effort.

You are an intellectual lazy ass.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<prove to me that you think i'm a false prophet by leaving me alone;)
Now you think you're a prophet??

ROFLMAO!!!

What does your buybull say in regards to "beware of false prophets?"

HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!!

#442179 Feb 5, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your religion is weak and divided just as I thought.
Thank you for verifying my Logical conclusions.
My obversation was not about parables, it was about division and your religion is divided into 38,000+ factions/cults/sects.
Since you claim christianity and the bible to be associated with many humans, what would keep me from joining the most numerous christian body such as the catholics?? Why would I want to join a minority like your's?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's always been individuals making a decision for Christ one soul at at time, mr. wiggles. read the biographies/gospels of Christ to see for yourself
No such documents exist.

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#442180 Feb 5, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>I concur with your judjment on this one.
Thank God for small favors. The day I'm associated with the spiritual toxification of either you and your lust for torturing others eternally or the juvenile dunce in clown drag will be the day I regret.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#442181 Feb 5, 2013
Two nuns are driving at night in a swamp. A vampire fly's out of a shadowy stand of moss-covered trees and lands menacingly on the hood of their car. The nun who's driving says to the other nun, "Quick! Sister! Show him your cross!"

The second nun leans out of the window, grabs the vampire and screams, "GET THE FµCK OFF THE G0DD@MN CAR!!!"

#442182 Feb 5, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Empty veiled threats of Christianity.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
mine was a reply to a guy who said i was just a pawn.
why didn't you consider his a threat, oh brilliant and objective one?;)
Because it wasn't a threat, dumbass. You don't even know what the word means, do you? Is this your Sunday school "education" showing?

Jesus godfuckingdamned christ, you are one stupid sack of...

G_O_D says I should quit being so vulgar. But with posts such as yours, aaasssuuup, I can't help it. But bearing it in mind...

Waaasssuuup, you are one stupid pile of donkey doo doo.

#442183 Feb 5, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sure - you were made as a seed in the image of God. so why do you choose to rebel against Him and be a bad seed like the devil/dork?
Keep your goddamn christian lies to yourself.

#442184 Feb 5, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>why in the hell do you not practice what you preach??? ye ole demon
Oh god, the irony.....

#442185 Feb 5, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The preceding is another in a long line of ignorant, lame brain posts by the brainless twit,
"your dumb." "pickel licker." "your gay." "YO-BOO!" "i'm huge down there!"

Did I miss any?

#442186 Feb 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You must do a lot of drugs.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
here's the list of meds that i take: 0!
Let's see the list of drugs that you used to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Tide with Beach 877,642
Is Obama Really Black? (Jul '09) 14 min I am me 64
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Mychihuahuawillbite 603,130
The Christian Atheist debate 24 min messianic114 3,782
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 35 min loubear1 122
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr BenAdam 7,905
Poppy Seed Tom's LOL! (May '14) 1 hr The Turtle 28
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 hr sangili karuppan 7,612
More from around the web