Why I’m no longer a Christian

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#442280 Feb 6, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I was thinking the very same thing. Had company for several days, things to do with my family and RFA done on the left side of my back at 7:30 yesterday morning.
So I'll try to make up by writing a few posts today though my back is still quite painful and I have some laundry to do.
Had guest who brought a Rottweiler and a black lab. The Rottweiler fell in love with me after the first day and would come up and lay her head on my lap so I would pet her. Her owner says she has never done that with anyone in her whole 8 years of life. Guess she knows who loves her!
Hope you start feeling better soon.

Maybe Gut Stomper is just a big ole Rottweiler!

I laughed my butt off when I read that post of his...I couldn't help but feel his loneliness! LOL

At least you know someone missed you!

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#442281 Feb 6, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Business is booming.
Are you still wearing your mother's clothes?
I served hot cheese grits just two mornings ago. You should add them to your menu.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#442282 Feb 6, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I was thinking the very same thing. Had company for several days, things to do with my family and RFA done on the left side of my back at 7:30 yesterday morning.
So I'll try to make up by writing a few posts today though my back is still quite painful and I have some laundry to do.
Had guest who brought a Rottweiler and a black lab. The Rottweiler fell in love with me after the first day and would come up and lay her head on my lap so I would pet her. Her owner says she has never done that with anyone in her whole 8 years of life. Guess she knows who loves her!
One reason I like Rotties.

They're very perceptive.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#442283 Feb 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Yes but I don't want to talk about!!!!!!!!!!
I want my red sequin shoes back that you borrowed to go with that tassel dress of your mom's. Please return them asap.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#442284 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, and Christianity is monotheistic. LOL
Are you conflating the beliefs an atheist might hold that are unique to themselves with what atheism is, which is not having a theistic belief that god(S) exist?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#442285 Feb 6, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
And millions are deceived by atheistic beliefs. They are all wrong. The world evidence supports the Bible. Just because some reject what is written changes nothing. When the other religions get some evidence for their god then we will look at it, but as it is only Jesus and his written word have any support. There is no evidence for any other gods / creators.
The Bible Says... and It Is So:
Bible says...
God created man, the Earth and universe. And this is what is found. Man has always been man. There is no proof of the subhuman cavemen claimed by many who reject God.
Bible says...
God caused a great global flood to come upon the Earth killing everything on land except eight people including Noah and many animals who survived aboard a ship designed by God called the Ark. And this is what is found. Sedimentary layers cover the Earth containing the fossils of all that were killed in the global flood about 4350 years ago. Textbooks and all of science admit these sediment layers theorizing a meteor struck the Earth, and it may have. Noah's Ark has been found by amature biblical archaeologist Ron Wyatt.
Bible says...
After the flood Noah's great-grandson Nimrod founded Babylon a kingdom that included Sumeria. And this is what is found. Archaeologists have found his name on many inscriptions and tablets in the excavated city of Babylon.
Bible says...
The tribes of Israel came out of Egyptian slavery and settled Palestine and Judea. And this is what is found. The exodus route, Red Sea crossing location, the real Mount Sinai and surrounding artifacts have all been found by Ron Wyatt. Many cities built by the Jewish people remain today, including Jerusalem.
Bible says...
God came to Earth as a man, Jesus. And this is what is found. First and second century historians and witnesses record the life and times of Jesus and Christian converts.
Bible says...
There will be four kingdoms on Earth from the time of Daniel in Babylon until the end when Jesus returns, written by Daniel at that time. As yet this is what has been. These kingdoms have been: Babylon, Persia, Greek and the Roman Empire which still rules today.
The Bible doesn't say.... It's a book stupid.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#442286 Feb 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if you threaten me with eternal extinction, i'll threaten you with a lake of fire;)
Nowhere did he threaten you, much less with eternal extinction. But you are a liar and don't care how you represent your god.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#442287 Feb 6, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you be dissin' hot grits. Ya hear me, boy?!!
If he only knew...

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#442288 Feb 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>At the root of every gray hair, there is a dead brain cell.**** Annie & Janitor are proof
I'm sure Juicylu will say 'bless you, Clownie' for another post she likes where you are degrading people.

It doesn't take a lot to find out what kind of person someone is when they absolutely adore those who throw out one-liners that degrade others.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#442289 Feb 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>One reason I like Rotties.
They're very perceptive.
Are you like the Rottweiler Mac?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#442290 Feb 6, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you be dissin' hot grits. Ya hear me, boy?!!
I was raised on them! and still enjoy

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#442291 Feb 6, 2013
Have a great day, Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death...

Life is short... forgive quickly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably...
and never regret anything that made you smile

Bro. Clownie

Location hidden

#442293 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. The Middle East Gov'ts have agencies in place to make sure that only "approved" finds are accepted an "controversial" finds are declared frauds.
You're indicating a conspiracy of some sort is afoot regarding evidences that have been found and suppressed concerning the bible, no?

If that's the case, then Judaism/Israel and respected scholars within Christianity are in on the conspiracy, too...

For instance, Judaic and Christian scholars recognize that the "Exodus", and many other stories in the OT have no proofs outside of biblical mention.

"Today more than 90% of scholars agree that there was no Exodus from Egypt, 80% feel that that the Conquest of the Land did not take place as described in the Bible, and about 50% agree that there was no powerful United Monarchy." - Professor Israel Finkelstein, The Bible Unearthed.

The archaeological evidence is conclusive: The Jews were never in Egypt, there was never an Exodus, and and no Jewish conquest of the land of Israel. In fact, the Jews were still polytheists when the first Passover was supposed to have happened. Jews and Christians wishing to pretend otherwise would do well to absorb the facts presented by Ze'ev Herzog, Israel Finkelstein, William Dever, and many others.

William Dever, a Christian biblical archaeologist who got into the business to prove the truth of the Biblical account, tells about how his research into the Bible's historicity led to his loss of Christian faith in "Losing Faith: Who Did and Who Didn’t, How Scholarship Affects Scholars":

"About 15 years ago, in my archaeological work I began to write about ancient Israel. Originally I wrote to frustrate the Biblical minimalists; then I became one of them, more or less. The call of Abraham, the Promise of the Land, the migration to Canaan, the descent into Egypt, the Exodus, Moses and monotheism, the Law at Sinai, divine kingship—archaeology throws all of these into great doubt. My long experience in Israel and my growing uncertainty about the historicity of the Bible meant that was the end for me." http://bit.ly/dtmGfF <=.PDF

Location hidden

#442294 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. The Middle East Gov'ts have agencies in place to make sure that only "approved" finds are accepted an "controversial" finds are declared frauds.
You're indicating a conspiracy of some sort is afoot regarding evidences that have been found and suppressed concerning the bible.

If that's the case, then Judaism/Israel and respected scholars within Christianity are in on the conspiracy, too...

"This is what archaeologists have learned from their excavations in the Land of Israel: the Israelites were never in Egypt, did not wander in the desert, did not conquer the land in a military campaign and did not pass it on to the 12 tribes of Israel." Deconstructing the walls of Jericho - Ze'ev Herzog http://bit.ly/UJ7By <=.PDF

William G. Dever is an American archaeologist, specializing in the history of Israel and the Near East in Biblical times. Former Director of the Harvard Semitic Museum-Hebrew Union College.

Ze’ev Herzog is an Israeli archeologist, professor of archaeology at The Department of Archaeology and Ancient Near Eastern Cultures at Tel Aviv University specializing in social archaeology, ancient architecture and field archaeology.

"El was the chief god at Ugarit. Yet El is also the name of God used in many of the Psalms for Yahweh. Yet when one reads these Psalms and the Ugaritic texts one sees that the very attributes for which Yahweh is acclaimed are the same for which El is acclaimed. In fact, these Psalms were most likely originally Ugaritic or Phoenician hymns to El which were simply adopted by Israel" End quote
Smith, Mark S., The origins of biblical monotheism : Israel's polytheistic background and the Ugaritic texts

Mark Stratton Smith is an American professor and Biblical scholar who currently holds the Skirball Chair of Bible and Ancient Near Eastern Studies in the Department of Hebrew and Judaic Studies at New York University.

"In the case of the Hebrews, the cult of Yah, or Yahu, or Yahweh, was simply a local worship sometimes aggrandised by the King, adopted and documentally imposed on the fictitious history of the nation long afterwards." M. Lang, Making of Religion, pp. 190-8.

I could list name after name after name of well educated, highly respected and competent scholars and archaeologists that are not following personal agendas. They are there to perform competent work.

They are considered to be at the top of their respective fields and perform actual scientific research. They attempt to legitimize the efforts of archaeology and other areas concerning the bible.

They are not there to lie and discredit themselves.

They aren't "covering evidence up".

They're uncovering evidence that the parent religion, Judaism and its children religions are simply religions like any other, IE: Taken from a previously existing cultures mythological beliefs, adapted and embellished upon to fit the culture they evolve to support, and presented as truth.

When in fact it is myth, the origins of that myth taken from various other myths and said to be their own in the final result.

Location hidden

#442296 Feb 6, 2013
Claire Voyage wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus comes down to Earth. in these days of computer graohics and illusionists performing the seemingly impossible, no one really takes him seriously. Fishes and loaves are easy to conjure.
He calls a meeting with some "true believers" disciples (Psst, not you, Clown!).
"What can I do to make them believe me?" he implores.
There is silence, but eventually one discple pipes up; "You need a miracle that really can't be faked my lord - Why don't you wak on water."
Jesus ponders this. "Yes thats a great idea."
So Jesus declares he will perform his feat. There are provisions made to demonstrate that no trickery is being used. Accordingly, the world's press is gathered. Jesus gets in a boat with a couple of discples and they row out to the centre of the lake.
"Behold" cries Jesus "Behold the power of the Lord! I shall walk from this boat across this water to you."
Jesus then steps out of the boat and plunges straight through the water to the bottom of the lake. Coughing and spluttering, he eventually pulls himself to the shore. When he gets there almost everybody has left apart from a few disciples. Still coughing Jesus pulls himself up, and asks "Well what did I do wrong then??"
The disciple looks him up and down and with a cocked eyebrow asks. "Did you have those holes in your feet last time you did that??"
Good jokes.

Location hidden

#442297 Feb 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>This popped up on my Nutwatch program this morning. Ray Cold Comfort, re-hashing some of the same old BS we see here every day: http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/beyond-atheism-bel...
Seriously, they KNOW these arguments have all been thoroughly refuted - and yet...
My personal opinion concerning this is that there are many people who are not aware of the debunking/discrediting the Ray Comfort and those like him have undergone, and it's those people they speak to.

It's those people they rely on for donations etc., to continue.

I think it's sad that this happens, but it's their choice, in the final analysis, eh?

That doesn't excuse Comfort and those others that continue to spread such disinformation concerning many things such as science and history.

That aspect is despicable.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442298 Feb 6, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you conflating the beliefs an atheist might hold that are unique to themselves with what atheism is, which is not having a theistic belief that god(S) exist?
An atheist believes that there are no such things as deities.

Do they "know" it ? No.

Can they "prove" it ? No.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#442299 Feb 6, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
So, Five losers end up in a chat room...
TOPIX!
Dang it! Did someone tell this one already?
STOMPHEHEHE!
Oh Gutty...just because you are in this chat room doesn't make you a loser...don't beat yourself up so much.

To paraphrase a quote that I often use...

No one can make you feel like a loser...unless you allow it.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442300 Feb 6, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You're indicating a conspiracy of some sort is afoot regarding evidences that have been found and suppressed concerning the bible....
Based on the activities of the Israeli Gov't and the IAA, yes there is aconspirqacy to suppress archeological finds that would put Judaic and Christian beleifs in question. I find the detante quite interesting. Both have vested interests in maintaining the status quo.

Location hidden

#442301 Feb 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
An atheist believes that there are no such things as deities.
Do they "know" it ? No.
Can they "prove" it ? No.
No, for myself, I just don't have the belief there are deities like the theist believes there are or is - deities or a deity.

There is a difference.

It's been my experience that theists see that as being the same as *believing* there are no deities.

It isn't the same concept, nor does it involve the same thought process.

I can only explain the misconception committed by theists concerning this in this way, and that is that since theists do certainly believe there are gods(primarily being gnostic theists), it must be almost impossible for them to conceptualize that a person can't believe there are deities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 43 min Quivering Lip Lib... 71,617
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr leprechauns rock 995,062
How is it possible that God has always existed?? 1 hr leprechauns rock 15
I miss her so bad. Should I reach out? 2 hr mikex28 1
How to make an interracial relationship work 3 hr malvin48 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr Gay Equals Pervert 699,410
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 6 hr Dang Jersey Piney 122