Why I’m no longer a Christian
Claire Voyager

UK

#441931 Feb 4, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
They choose to go. I've never known a kid forced to go to Sunday School. I waited all week for it when I was a kid. The only thing better in my youth than Sunday School was Bible School and Church Camp. It is not mandatory to anyone.
Why do you deny Christians a choice yet whine about a secular nation and rights? So you're saying that not only should Christian ideals not be forced on our country, but also not allowed? And what country might you be from? Obviously one without a Democracy.
In order to clean up Christianity, you should stop being so blatantly dishonest. But, you can't. You're a Christian. Your entire worldview is a veil of lies, amoral deceptions, and ridiculous beliefs. Bind. Torture. Kill. It was a gift! Barf.

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#441932 Feb 4, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Get back to me once you get your fill and finally crawl out from under G_O_D'S bedsheets... YO
Kaitlin + G_O_D
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish.
??????????

!!!!!!!!!!

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#441937 Feb 4, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Why are you mad at the Easter Bunny?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why are you mad at the Easter Bunny?"
cuz it's a satanic and pagan conspiracy to take attention away from celebrating Christ's Ressurection, of course!;)
Bunnies are satanic?

With the possible exception of the one in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" (is *that* the one you're thinking of?) bunnies... Rabbits and eggs are symbols of Spring, and of fertility and of birth, and of rebirth, which pre-date your sick and hateful christian beliefs in a devil.

There was never any resurrection of your mythical christ. Your religion is evil. My people celebrate Nature and Life; we celebrate the cycle of Life, Death, and Rebirth. Yours celebrate hatred, blood, intolerance and death.

No wonder Hitler was a christian.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#441938 Feb 4, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
satan is not a deity.
Putting your fingers in your ears and humming loudly doesn't change the facts.

Satan is a deity in Christianity.

In reality Satan is a fictional character in a book, much like your other deity.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#441939 Feb 4, 2013
No it isn't.
<quoted text>
No he didn't; that's a myth.
<quoted text>
Logic, truth, reason, and--ironically enough--your own buybull.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you have no proof to refute the historic proof of the Bible
Your buybull refutes itself. I've shown you repeatedly.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> anything you do cut/paste is just similar hissy-fit
Such as?
waaasssuuup wrote:
< conjecure of how bad an influence 'religion' has been to the world.
Conjecture? Proof.
waaasssuuup wrote:
< i can agree with with much of it, but it still does nothing to debunk the truth of the Son of God who came 2013 years ago:)
Your own buybull debunks that "truth," as you want to call it.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#441940 Feb 4, 2013
Claire Voyager wrote:
<quoted text>Why won't Christians touch such basic questions? Why do they insist on touching children. Inquiring minds want to know.
They don't want to "know" anything.
All most want is someone to tell them they are right, God loves them and they will get a big prize when they die.

It is a 'security blanket' mentality for most.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#441941 Feb 4, 2013
Which is what's known as a FALSE PREMISE.
Jesus is a myth.
<quoted text>
"Your" humankind? Are you claiming not to be part of humankind?
As far as "brutal history" goes, you christians are responsible for most of it. Torture, warfare, genocide, Nazi eugenics, witch-burnings and hangings. You tell me I'm supposed to forget about the crimes of your religion and your fellow christians; I refuse. I will continue to remind you of them, and there's not a GODDAMNED THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT THAT.
<quoted text>
There is no "savior"; *we* are our only saviors. It's up to *us* to make this a better world, not your fucking mythical skydaddy and your empty promises of "salvation." This is how you refuse to take responsibility for your own actions. You want someone else--your "savior"--to be responsible for you.
Grow the fuck up.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
kait - i have condemned the acts of posers using the name of god to evoke control over the world by violence. Christ did the same things througout the Gospels. i don't know what else i can do to stop your continuous unfair & childish accusations.
should we call it quits?:)
Childish accusations, eh? You mean, reminders of historical fact. You just *hate* that, don't you?

You didn't even read the entire post. To repeat the part you didn't read:

There is no "savior"; *we* are our only saviors. It's up to *us* to make this a better world, not your fucking mythical skydaddy and your empty promises of "salvation." This is how you refuse to take responsibility for your own actions. You want someone else--your "savior"--to be responsible for you.
Grow the fuck up.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#441942 Feb 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bother trying to figure it out. It just one of the many cliche's many Christians toss around to try to sound like they are important. They have no clue what it means...because it usually doesn't have any meaning at all.
True. I was hoping to see if the other poster had any idea what he was talking about. I guess not. lol

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441943 Feb 4, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
WHy do you come to Why I am No Longer a Christian site to find out about what is written in the Bible? If you are an honest man, why did you not go to a Christian site?...
In all honesty, the majority of non-christians here know more about the Bible than most Christians. It is one of the reasons they are no longer Christians.

Note that many non-christians believe in God and follow many of the teachings of Jesus in their daily lives. They simply deny human authority (churches and doctrines) over the matter.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441944 Feb 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PmUb_cXI5aIXX&feature=pla yer_embedded
LOL hahahahah!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#441945 Feb 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
In all honesty, the majority of non-christians here know more about the Bible than most Christians. It is one of the reasons they are no longer Christians.
Note that many non-christians believe in God and follow many of the teachings of Jesus in their daily lives. They simply deny human authority (churches and doctrines) over the matter.
True.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441946 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
By your rules, they already were; they were christians. "Gott Mit Uns"--"God is with us."
<quoted text>
Like you, Hitler, Torquemada, Matthew Hopkins, Cotton Mather, Jerry Falwell, Jimmy Swaggart, Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker...
Very good!

See how much more powerful your posts are without being 'vulgar'?

Keep it up. <smile>

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#441947 Feb 4, 2013
Your bible is your assertion, I asked for evidence. You cannot use the assertion as the evidence.
<quoted text>
That doesn't make it evidence. Your buybull is a book of lies and assertions.
You don't know what evidence is, and you don't care.
<quoted text>
No one has tried to.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"No one has tried to"
you really can't be this ignorant!
when the iron curtain went down, the first thing that the soviets asked for was the Bible and inspirational materials since they were all banned under communism.
BULLFUCKIN'SHIT!!!

Your church leaders are lying to you, and you are sopping it up like bread and gravy.

THE EASTERN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN RUSSIA WAS NEVER DISBANDED, YOU IDIOT. YOUR CHURCH LEADERS KNOW THIS, BUT THEY LIE TO YOU AND COMMAND YOU TO BELIEVE IT.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> to this day, people are smuggling bibles into communist
You are such a simpleton. You are a godbot. You believe everything your church leaders tell you to believe, without question.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> and islamic blocked nations, which there are more of than there are not!
Christians have no business invading muslim countries to spread their lies, any more than muslims have any business invading christian countries to spread *their* lies. If there were no chance at all that I would ever be affected by such a confrontation, either directly or indirectly, I'd tell both sides, "Hey--go for it! Kill each other off, and leave the rest of us in peace."

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441948 Feb 4, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
satan is not a deity.
You can call a rose whatever you want, it will still be a flower.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#441949 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"No one has tried to"
you really can't be this ignorant!....
Are you *really* gonna try to tell me that all those Russian cathedrals--centuries old--were built *after* the wall came down??

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441950 Feb 4, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Get back to me once you get your fill and finally crawl out from under G_O_D'S bedsheets... YO
Kaitlin + G_O_D
<quoted text>
??????????
!!!!!!!!!!
Just teasing.
Clownie seems to find you sexually repulsive for some reason. I have no such aversion. I do realize you are unavailable.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441951 Feb 4, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting your fingers in your ears and humming loudly doesn't change the facts.
Satan is a deity in Christianity.
In reality Satan is a fictional character in a book, much like your other deity.
I listened to a Rabbi a few months ago explain how 'Satan' is a fictional character in the allegorical (fictional) text known as 'Job'.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#441952 Feb 4, 2013
You mean, what you call the majority religion will be destroyed by a small minority of people? How's that work?
<quoted text>
The first one you christians started was quite enough.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"The first one you christians started was quite enough"
Ignoring my "You mean, what you call the majority religion will be destroyed by a small minority of people? How's that work?" comment, aren't you? Because you can't answer it.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> catholicism, kait; that's why i don't like it.
Yet you embrace its calendar, which speaks of the "Year of Our (Catholic) Lord."

It was christianity, liar. The Martin Luther and his Protestant Reformation didn't come along until the 16th century; the Crusades took place some five hundred years before. Catholicism was the only christian religion.

Read a goddamn history book.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> the catholic hierarchy also tried to keep the Bible out of the common folks hands.
That much is true; they didn't want people reading it on their own, and without the "proper guidance," as they called it--and which was certainly used on you. You aren't allowed to think for yourself; your pastor or whoever tells you what to think and how to think.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> they rallied with hitler
They were still christians, no matter how much you want to deny it.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> and will know doubt play a key role in the rise of antichrist.
There is no antichrist.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441953 Feb 4, 2013
There is no antichrist.
Crap. Do I have to give back the magic hat and decoder ring ?

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#441954 Feb 4, 2013
Your "master..." Very interesting. Very revealing.
Are you his slave?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
not a "slave" per say,
You said your jesus is your "master," so therefor you are its slave.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> but it's more like a co-servant thing,
wtf? "Co-servant?"
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> partnering with Jesus to set people like you, who we love, free:)
You don't love anyone or anything but your own fucking ego.

I am a free woman; I come and go as I wish, where I wish, and your phony "savior" has nothing to say in the matter.

You are an enslaved religitard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Aura Mytha 56,440
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 33 min Anthony MN 650,822
Men in womens clothes (May '12) 44 min jane 6
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 52 min Nacked Truth 106,102
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Nacked Truth 45,015
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,362
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 2 hr Clover 213
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr bad bob 182,992
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr brandy trujillo 971,898
More from around the web