“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#441711 Feb 4, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I would prefer that you question my 'Brilliance'. I would prefer that you never believe anything that I say.
I don't mean to tag-team you, although I'm sure you can fend for yourself just fine.
But you gotta understand...
If you walk up to a Jewish Rabbi and say, "can I see your Bible?"
He or she would hand you the Tanakh, that's their Bible. The Christian Bible is not "The Bible" to a Jew.
"The Bible" doesn't just mean the Christian Bible. Hell, Christians still can't agree on which books belong and which do not. How many books are in the Greek Orthodox Bible? What about the Egyptian Coptics?
Them damned Protestants removed 7 whole books from the Bible.
Wouldn't it have just been easier to clarify that you were talking about the Protestant Bible and avoided this whole mess?
Oh, BTW, is the New World Translation an acceptable version?
I like you too.*big hug*
Now get back to work.
Good afternoon my X... If you walk up to any faith that uses a "Bible", they will show you their version, it seems that non-Jewish people use that title for the Tanakh. In fact Bible and bible are now common terms for religious and informational text books. As far as the Bible being written differently for various Christian faiths, that is not as much of a difference as some like to suggest. Much of the content is the same, some that is include or excluded is repetitive. Since most of this is available online to anyone, it is not as important as what makes someone a Christian or any other faith. I have not looked at the New World translation, but read what others have said about it, I can comment on that, if that is what you are after.
It might be better for the sake of discussion to find out what you do believe in and/or what you don't like about the various versions selected by each religion. As you have surmised, I am most familiar with a Protestant Bible, King James version.
You are up! Big hugs back :)

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#441712 Feb 4, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
A fool's desperation.
Now, run along little loser before you bite your loose, waggly tongue and bleed all over yourself.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#441713 Feb 4, 2013
X... Sorry it took so long to reply. Last Friday, I had to leave abruptly. I am also trying not to post on nights and weekends. As enlightening as this is, it does takes up a lot of time. I will say farewell when I leave in Friday... :)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#441714 Feb 4, 2013
oopsie.. this Friday. :)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#441715 Feb 4, 2013
send me no wine wrote:
<quoted text>
You're missing my point.
When were these mss. canonized and by whom, that you hold so dearly precious?
BTW...the Hebrew bible does not contain the NT.
Who has an agenda when you ask an obvious question about who canonized the Bible (bible)? Most Christians believe it was inspired by God.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#441716 Feb 4, 2013
send me no wine wrote:
<quoted text>
You're missing my point.
When were these mss. canonized and by whom, that you hold so dearly precious?
BTW...the Hebrew bible does not contain the NT.
Yes SMNW, I am full aware the Hebrew bible does not contain the NT.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#441717 Feb 4, 2013
Claire Voyager wrote:
<quoted text>Some god. Even Gut Stomper can see it coming.
YES - what a God, this Goodness personified in Christ!

it sure takes one egocentric & rotten-to-the-core devil/person to find fault with a God this good!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#441718 Feb 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
The Operating System refered to the Kernel on Mainframes, Midrange and Personal Computers until Microsoft included "Supplemental Programs" with MS-DOS. People came to consider the Kernal with utility programs as "The Operating System". Later, Apple thickened the mud by calling their Macintosh Kernal plus Supplemental Programs plus a few applications PLUS their GUI an "Operating System".
Mmmm...Not sure why you felt the need to post all of that... my respoce was just a light joke.... you said IMB instead of IBM...

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441719 Feb 4, 2013
Claire Voyager wrote:
<quoted text>You are so "worn up front" that you are an intellectual glacier.
insults from devil/people are not facts. in case you didn't know....;)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#441720 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
not a "slave" per say, but it's more like a co-servant thing, partnering with Jesus to set people like you, who we love, free
Free from what? Your delusion? And no one asked you to do anything so maybe just get your own life in order first. You ARE a slave in the true sense of the word, and your religion is a parasite, and your faith is a virus, which makes you the fool.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#441721 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
as much as i don't like the derogatory conotation, i am impressed that you're familiar with Scofield. that was my first study bible and it has been a fundemantal source of good bible interpretation to many folks for a lot of years. not perfect, of course, but very good. the matthew henry commentary is another;)
Thank you for helping to prove my point.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#441722 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
cmon kait, you know that everyone throughout time & history who isn't completely atheist has sought to invoke god on their side in battle! ray lewis and every superstitious athlete does it and even President Obama seems to use America's sense of god to his benefit. although, we're not really sure what god he's specifically going to proclaim besides himself!
Once again, proving an important point.

Thanks

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441723 Feb 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Really? So your "god" turned a blind eye to his crucifixion and didn't help him? Or did your "god" want to help him but was impotent?
Or are you one of those fools who say that 'christ is god' in which case that means that jeebus committed suicide.
Either way, the facts prove that those who follow your religion are foolish slaves.
Jesus was rejected for a season as our sin-bearer so that we could be accepted in His place forever as sons of God.

i can understand why devils don't like this information cuz it don't apply to them so they're insanely jealous, but for the life of me i don't understand why this would make a fellow human being angry!

DON'T BE LIKE A DEVIL OR YOU'LL RECEIVE THEIR JUDGEMENT!:)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#441724 Feb 4, 2013
send me no wine wrote:
<quoted text>
The christians.
The word is supposed to been taken from Greek and related to the Christian writings of those times that eventually became the Bible. As far as a patent, none that I know of, it is most common when related to the Christian Bible ('s), but has come into more common use when relating the Tanakh for Jewish Bible.:)

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#441725 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
'2013 - THE YEAR OF OUR LORD' kait, read it and weep:)
it says in scripture that the hitler-like antichrist will seek to "change times" and remove ancient landmarks and stuff. i wonder if he'll...
That was a reference to Antiochus Epiphanes in the second century BCE, silly Christian.

Do Christians actually ever read their scriptures, or do they just use them poorly as weapons?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#441726 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why are you mad at the Easter Bunny?"
cuz it's a satanic and pagan conspiracy to take attention away from celebrating Christ's Ressurection, of course!;)
The idea of the Christ's resurrection is pagan too, but you don't boycott that.

Funny, ain't it?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#441727 Feb 4, 2013
zander714 wrote:
Relationship with Jesus Christ is on a personal level and that is how you seek Him.... first personal before Church Jesus Christ to the Father...
If it is personal then why do you air it in public so much?

I thought personal meant just that...personal.

How much money do you have in your back account?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441728 Feb 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
All those American Christians celebrating Easter are Satanists ?
You are so insane it is unreal.
in a way, everyone who's not in Christ is patrnering with satan's rebelion to sum degree:

"those who are not with Me are against Me and those who do not gather with Me scatter abroad"

why are you so opposed to spiritual common sense?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441729 Feb 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we have massive amounts of archeological evidence, scientific research and historical documents to disprove most of Christianity's claims about the Bible.
ya got nothing but rebelious nonsense, DOG! and btw, there is no "we" when it comes to you; you're out there in a place all your own.....

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#441730 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
not a "slave" per say, but it's more like a co-servant thing, partnering with Jesus to set people like you, who we love, free:)
Slave language.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 830,864
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min Paul Porter1 99,336
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min June VanDerMark 586,050
Star Wars The Force Awakens 16 Bit Trailer 19 min Viral Tube 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 30 min Remnant of 144000 40,241
News Baltimore riot police stirring up the heat 31 min killedjoe 17
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 40 min Remnant of 144000 611,957
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Theswamiji 6,419
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Porkpie Hat 270,841
More from around the web