Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#441693 Feb 4, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wanted to publicly make an apology to you for the way I have treated you in the past. I picked this post, because the other night, you and Black Thunder, helped me get through it. I won't forget that. I have called you many names because of religous views. There are no words to express my sincere apology. We can agree to disagree, without insults. I learned alot the other night, when you two had my back and made me feel much better, when I was being attacked by a mad man....I learned that not all Christians will step in and help another when in need. But you two came along and saved my day....Once again, I hope you will be able to forgive me, for insulting you in the name of the Lord. That is not what Christianity is all about, and you have so much good in you, and I am so sorry that I wasn't able to see it until the other night. May God always be with you...Thanks again for being kind even tho, I didn't treat you so good in the past, and I was not deserving of it..... Thanks again Black Thunder too!:)
No problem. The past is past.
Thanks for the apology but it isn't needed.
We all act like jerks, some (like me) more than others esp. regarding religion and politics. That doesn't mean we hate each other or can't learn from and help each other.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#441694 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
.... i take exception with people who call antichrist theories and speculations "facts".
Filled with self-doubt, eh ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#441695 Feb 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Roasted duck is good if it's not too greasy.
Take away the grease from duck and all you have left is chicken. LOL

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#441696 Feb 4, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove your God exists then we will have something to discuss.
<quoted text>
No it isn't.
<quoted text>
No he didn't; that's a myth.
<quoted text>
Logic, truth, reason, and--ironically enough--your own buybull.
you have no proof to refute the historic proof of the Bible so you never provide any. anything you do cut/paste is just similar hissy-fit conjecure of how bad an influence 'religion' has been to the world. i can agree with with much of it, but it still does nothing to debunk the truth of the Son of God who came 2013 years ago:)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#441697 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the Crucifixion of Christ was the brutal murder of the innocent Son of God.....
1. Lots of innocent people are murdered every day.
2. Jesus was found guilty of treason in a fair trial.
3. Jesus never claimed to be anything other than human.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441698 Feb 4, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just not familiar with the history of your religion at all, eh?
You realize that many here know that you are the one lying, right?
<quoted text>
Which is what's known as a FALSE PREMISE.
Jesus is a myth.
<quoted text>
"Your" humankind? Are you claiming not to be part of humankind?
As far as "brutal history" goes, you christians are responsible for most of it. Torture, warfare, genocide, Nazi eugenics, witch-burnings and hangings. You tell me I'm supposed to forget about the crimes of your religion and your fellow christians; I refuse. I will continue to remind you of them, and there's not a GODDAMNED THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT THAT.
<quoted text>
There is no "savior"; *we* are our only saviors. It's up to *us* to make this a better world, not your fucking mythical skydaddy and your empty promises of "salvation." This is how you refuse to take responsibility for your own actions. You want someone else--your "savior"--to be responsible for you.
Grow the fuck up.
kait - i have condemned the acts of posers using the name of god to evoke control over the world by violence. Christ did the same things througout the Gospels. i don't know what else i can do to stop your continuous unfair & childish accusations.

should we call it quits?:)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#441699 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
...Then you said something like; "at least at star trek conventions they don't wave old scripts in the air telling people to believe them or else".
i thought that was hillarious and clever (even though you're wrong;)
So you think Star Trek is adocumentary ?

ROFLMAO

“Love much, trust none”

There

#441700 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
pope greg just put into calander effect what was actually accomplished through the first advent of Christ;)
That has got to be the most insane comment of the month.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441701 Feb 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bible is your assertion, I asked for evidence. You cannot use the assertion as the evidence.
<quoted text>
That doesn't make it evidence. Your buybull is a book of lies and assertions.
You don't know what evidence is, and you don't care.
<quoted text>
No one has tried to.
"No one has tried to"

you really can't be this ignorant!

when the iron curtain went down, the first thing that the soviets asked for was the Bible and inspirational materials since they were all banned under communism. to this day, people are smuggling bibles into communist and islamic blocked nations, which there are more of than there are not!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#441702 Feb 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Really? So your "god" turned a blind eye to his crucifixion and didn't help him? Or did your "god" want to help him but was impotent?
Or are you one of those fools who say that 'christ is god' in which case that means that jeebus committed suicide.
Either way, the facts prove that those who follow your religion are foolish slaves.
I point you to all the ridiculous apologetics to explain away, "God! God! Why have you abandoned me ?"

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441703 Feb 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> OH.
When are we gonna start the new inquisitions ???
See! History does tend ta repeat itself...as shameful as it is.
<quoted text>
You mean, what you call the majority religion will be destroyed by a small minority of people? How's that work?
<quoted text>
The first one you christians started was quite enough.
"The first one you christians started was quite enough"

catholicism, kait; that's why i don't like it. the catholic hierarchy also tried to keep the Bible out of the common folks hands. they rallied with hitler and will know doubt play a key role in the rise of antichrist.

please don't blame the obscure Body of Christ for the things that the flambouyant poser-evil twin does to sabotage the Truth!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441704 Feb 4, 2013
p-o-p quiz wrote:
<quoted text>No worries. No condemnation can come from the imaginary.
<quoted text>
Are you *still* obsessed with homosexuality?
Are *you* secretly gay?
"Are *you* secretly gay?"

no, but i'm hoping that you're still at least bi-sexual!;)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#441705 Feb 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>You mean someone was before IBM?
The Operating System refered to the Kernel on Mainframes, Midrange and Personal Computers until Microsoft included "Supplemental Programs" with MS-DOS. People came to consider the Kernal with utility programs as "The Operating System". Later, Apple thickened the mud by calling their Macintosh Kernal plus Supplemental Programs plus a few applications PLUS their GUI an "Operating System".

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#441706 Feb 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish.
funny G

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441707 Feb 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no evidence, so it's safe to call you a liar. You said it was fact, that in itself is claiming to have evidence you can present. You failed to present evidence twice, even after stating there is evidence, so you were lying when you said you could present evidence.
I am not stupid enough to buy snake oil without it first being demonstrated to actually work using tests that are demonstrably reliable. You cannot do that, so your snake oil is dismissed as delusion.
<quoted text>
Your "master..." Very interesting. Very revealing.
Are you his slave?
not a "slave" per say, but it's more like a co-servant thing, partnering with Jesus to set people like you, who we love, free:)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#441708 Feb 4, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Really trying to sell THAT?
STOMP!
Holy Shit!
You are one pathetic troll.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#441709 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why are you mad at the Easter Bunny?"
cuz it's a satanic and pagan conspiracy to take attention away from celebrating Christ's Ressurection, of course!;)
All those American Christians celebrating Easter are Satanists ?

You are so insane it is unreal.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#441710 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you have no proof to refute the historic proof of the Bible...
Actually we have massive amounts of archeological evidence, scientific research and historical documents to disprove most of Christianity's claims about the Bible.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#441711 Feb 4, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I would prefer that you question my 'Brilliance'. I would prefer that you never believe anything that I say.
I don't mean to tag-team you, although I'm sure you can fend for yourself just fine.
But you gotta understand...
If you walk up to a Jewish Rabbi and say, "can I see your Bible?"
He or she would hand you the Tanakh, that's their Bible. The Christian Bible is not "The Bible" to a Jew.
"The Bible" doesn't just mean the Christian Bible. Hell, Christians still can't agree on which books belong and which do not. How many books are in the Greek Orthodox Bible? What about the Egyptian Coptics?
Them damned Protestants removed 7 whole books from the Bible.
Wouldn't it have just been easier to clarify that you were talking about the Protestant Bible and avoided this whole mess?
Oh, BTW, is the New World Translation an acceptable version?
I like you too.*big hug*
Now get back to work.
Good afternoon my X... If you walk up to any faith that uses a "Bible", they will show you their version, it seems that non-Jewish people use that title for the Tanakh. In fact Bible and bible are now common terms for religious and informational text books. As far as the Bible being written differently for various Christian faiths, that is not as much of a difference as some like to suggest. Much of the content is the same, some that is include or excluded is repetitive. Since most of this is available online to anyone, it is not as important as what makes someone a Christian or any other faith. I have not looked at the New World translation, but read what others have said about it, I can comment on that, if that is what you are after.
It might be better for the sake of discussion to find out what you do believe in and/or what you don't like about the various versions selected by each religion. As you have surmised, I am most familiar with a Protestant Bible, King James version.
You are up! Big hugs back :)

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#441712 Feb 4, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
A fool's desperation.
Now, run along little loser before you bite your loose, waggly tongue and bleed all over yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Hidingfromyou 853,820
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Tony17 595,909
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 26 min DebraE 100,727
The Christian Atheist debate 42 min Lbj 771
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 49 min andet1987 6,114
Homosexuals are the REAL reason God DESTROYED S... 55 min Burke Devlin 80
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 58 min Halle Berry Sister 2,630
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Truths 612,594
More from around the web