Why I’m no longer a Christian

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#441817 Feb 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> What else did Jim Jones have ta say?
why don't you tell me what 'THEY SAY'? them's your gods so do what 'they say' or else you'll be cusred with their curses!

did you get your flu shot?'they say' it's gonna be a BAD one!;)
Claire Voyager

UK

#441818 Feb 4, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is entitled their own opinion. I choose not to answer your question...
Actually, it was a series of questions and opinion has nothing to do with it. That you choose to embrace vacuity for some sort of eternal brass ring speaks volumes about how facile your ridiculous belief system is. Thank you for proving that there is no there there.
Claire Voyager

UK

#441819 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
when a person gets born again they're spiritually restored with God. there's lots of different terms for it; one is being 'in Christ' and it's symbolized through baptism.
you're welcome:)
You can't even find the chess board.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#441820 Feb 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If your "spirit sense" was real, then why is it no one can agree on what that is or describe it the same? It would be the same as saying "chocolate is good."
huh? millions know what it is & have described it similarly for millenia's.....
Claire Voyager

UK

#441821 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
when a person gets born again they're spiritually restored with God. there's lots of different terms for it; one is being 'in Christ' and it's symbolized through baptism.
you're welcome:)
There's the rub. It is impossible for you, with your regenerate mind and mortal coil, to ensure that you are really born again. To claim otherwise is to presume to know the mind of God, and as you have so ferverently stated previously, mere mortals can not know the mind of God. Thereby lies your quandary.

Crises brought about by drug and alcohol abuse and/or sexual misconduct (occurring primarily among adolescents and young adults) are responsible for the majority of false conversions in evangelical and charismatic Christianity. You have already discussed your previous substance abuse and your wanton, unfulfilled sexual desires are on rampant display right here. Sin is to become sinful. You have demonstrated that you have yet to attain such a conversion. You are a false prophet. A devil in idiot's clothing. A regenerate pervert. Burn, baby, burn.
Claire Voyager

UK

#441822 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
An argument from popularity is meaningless.

“Peace Love”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#441823 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
not gonna happen!
what part of Jesus' parable desrcibing how the kingdom of heaven is like a field in which a thief (satan) came at night and sowed tares among the wheat don't you understand???
Then your religion is weak and divided just as I thought.
Thank you for verifying my Logical conclusions.
My obversation was not about parables, it was about division and your religion is divided into 38,000+ factions/cults/sects.

Since you claim christianity and the bible to be associated with many humans, what would keep me from joining the most numerous christian body such as the catholics?? Why would I want to join a minority like your's?

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#441825 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Of those Millions most were catholic...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441827 Feb 4, 2013
Claire Voyager wrote:
<quoted text>Every-a-time I eat the calamari, I get-a da agita!
Thats'a coz'a ya don'ta anoint'a it'a widda "virgin'a" oil!
Wassamatta you!

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#441828 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we'll see who's the pawn and who's the son. hope you have a good life!
Empty veiled threats of Christianity.

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#441829 Feb 4, 2013
Claire Voyager wrote:
<quoted text>An argument from popularity is meaningless.
Yea...that too.
His "millions" of christians include catholics...and many other christian sects that lower his "number" to 1.
The millions of "1" can't figure out how to get together. It is fun to read, listen and observe each faction/cult of 1 trying their best to proclaim to be the "right one"...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#441830 Feb 4, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. His approach is so insincere it is glaring. Even a child would know better to portray Christ in that manner. It really is obvious that his intent is just a game and for laughs and attention, no matter how negative. You see, this is an example of how deluded some professing "Christians" have become, particularly on Topix. I have no issues with humor, but it must stand on it's own in the element it is intended. I was brought up to give respect. Respect for elders, authority, family, and most of all God. I would not mock any of them as if we were being viewed as the carnival sideshow.
When I learned that there are now comic book style Bibles...sorry but I felt as if Christianity had hit an all time low.

IMO If the only way that you can get children to read the Bible is to write it in comic style...ya got a problem.

They have one for boys...one for girls and one for the teens. At that rate they will be adults before they pick up and read the "real" words.

Just my opinion though...

Strange...

Location hidden

#441831 Feb 4, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you bought your ticket yet...they are goin' fast. I got mine for a discount cuz I ordered early and took a midnight flight.
Now if you want to fly cargo...you can get even cheaper rates...of course you will be with all those "I do not know you" people...that could be fun. How do you feel about being in close quarters with Wasup...a clown and the Romper Room fool??? Oh...and of course...Dusty.
Heh heh heh...if'n Ya lets me be by the pull handle fer the "drop" door, I ain't got's no prolem with it at all!
We kin have 'nuther "Phoenix Lights" party!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#441832 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Why are you kids in daycare on an adult forum? We really tire after the 1,000th. time of you using the same expression which holds no meaning, to convey your non-thoughts and mentality. Why do you both reduce Christ to a joke and a game of pin the tail on your donkey?
I think that Gutty is ADD/HAD/DSF/FAS/MAD/GTN/QIP/an d a host of other letters. He can't help himself.

Location hidden

#441834 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
not gonna happen!
what part of Jesus' parable desrcibing how the kingdom of heaven is like a field in which a thief (satan) came at night and sowed tares among the wheat don't you understand???
The part about how much he paid god fer the seeds...that part...see god made the seeds, so it has ta be where he got them bad ones from too.
Seems yer satan fella ain't noth'n but the delivery boy huh?
Bad god!

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#441835 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
This isn't about me. It's about you making a mockery of God. Why do you think that's OK? What part of Christ's sacrifice on the cross for our sins do you find a laughing matter? That's kind of like putting dog poop on your angel food cake.
Clown: Synonyms
noun. buffoon - zany - jester - harlequin - fool
Lol. I'll never eat angel food cake again...

Since: Jul 08

Howard, OH

#441836 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
This isn't about me. It's about you making a mockery of God. Why do you think that's OK? What part of Christ's sacrifice on the cross for our sins do you find a laughing matter? That's kind of like putting dog poop on your angel food cake.
Clown: Synonyms
noun. buffoon - zany - jester - harlequin - fool
The first synonym seems most apropos.

Howard, OH

#441837 Feb 4, 2013
Claire Voyager wrote:
<quoted text>Since the first balloon flights in the late 1700&#8242;s, which were actually reviled by Christians as blasphemous, we tend to forget that heaven was originally a physical place located in the skies above the Earth (and above Palestine in particular). Naturalistic study has revealed that this is false, so Christians have moved the goal posts of heaven into a kind of immaterial, spiritual realm where it can be safe from scientific prying. This strategy fails in light of the description in that very Bible Christians claim was inspired by an omniscient, curiously, an omniscient that had almost zero knowledge of the natural word it allegedly conjured up from nothing.
And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.(Gen. 1:20)
Hmmm, tangible or spiritual. Even the Bible doesn't know. Too bad the science of flight forced the transformation of the interpretation. Of course, the gaps are shrinking at incredible rates, to the point that the supernatural will Snap, Crackle, and Pop away forever.
Nice.

Howard, OH

#441838 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we'll see who's the pawn and who's the son. hope you have a good life!
What a hoot.

Location hidden

#441841 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
why don't you tell me what 'THEY SAY'? them's your gods so do what 'they say' or else you'll be cusred with their curses!
did you get your flu shot?'they say' it's gonna be a BAD one!;)
Yer hav'n another one o' them plektoleptic fits ag'n wuspup. Ther aint no "they's" here atall.
Yep! I done got me fooey shot. That's why yer scairborn stuff don't 'fect me like it done you.
All yer touchy feely curse stuff is invenereal now...I been demuned!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hukt on Fonix 985,606
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Elerby 25,488
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 19 min Sojouner Truth 9
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Robert F 685,651
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 1 hr libtard 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 hr Jake999 46,287
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 12 hr Ricky F 1,832
More from around the web