“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#441492 Feb 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> LOL! I keep 'em from habit. As G-O-D was saying, they have little to offer anymore compared to Unix and open source. I had Vista as a free RD evaluation, and removed it straight away. Notice that ya haft'a use Unix just ta repair all the garbage in MS. LOL! Just like religion...it abuses the users and wants ta be thanked for it!{{WHAT?}} That's extortion...MS doesn't like me anymore coz I told 'em so...If the shoe fits...
To be fair though, many of the Linux distros these days are annoying me. They seem to be taking a cue from MS and expecting the users to find all their bugs. That's really just lazy programming.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#441493 Feb 3, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
STOMP!
More pretending.

It's a requirement of Christianity.

Columbus, OH

#441494 Feb 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair though, many of the Linux distros these days are annoying me. They seem to be taking a cue from MS and expecting the users to find all their bugs. That's really just lazy programming.
Do you have to use a distributor?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#441495 Feb 3, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
I want my Windows 95 back. The paintbrush program was better, it had other photo editing & cropping & fading/transparency features, and it had really cool themes & screensavers. I miss the "Horror" and "Mystery" themes.
I told the damn Windows people, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." But would they listen to me? Nnnnnnnnoooooooo...
Nnnnnnnooobody listens to you because you are as nutty as a squirrel turd...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#441496 Feb 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
All non-religious groups kill also. What do they kill in the name of...their belief that non believing is better than believing???
One of your better posts..

Columbus, OH

#441497 Feb 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
All non-religious groups kill also. What do they kill in the name of...their belief that non believing is better than believing???
Well that's a stretch, unless those Girl Scout cookies I bought are poisoned.

But your point is valid.

Absent religion, religinuts would merely find another cause.

Columbus, OH

#441498 Feb 3, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Nnnnnnnooobody listens to you because you are as nutty as a squirrel turd...
Projection.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441500 Feb 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Some maybe, it might seem. Remember the "playing field" is attempting to be bridged, and the dominant players are in it for the profit...making it difficult for the developers to compete in open source. At least you have OS choices that you can be comfortable with without being a captive to profiteers, and are welcome to contribute and benefit to that end. Workarounds are available almost daily for preferred programs etc.

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#441501 Feb 3, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
We can not know the details about individuals from biblical times like we know the details about current religious "leaders" who claim to be "christian".
Either way, Logic still questions the reliability of any of their claims.
I can't stand most tv evangelists as I've seen so few whose motive was sincere or the ones that were stick by their original goal as they became more successful. I do not believe physical perfection, an endless theology study, above average intelligence, or any other forms of human comparisons have much to do with those that may have a sincere spiritual following. In the day of little communication, and much disbelief, hoards of people were drawn to Jesus that had no particularly attractive qualities or known mark-able heritage. Whether they believed, disbelieved, were Roman or Jew, many sought out this Jesus wherever He was.

I sometimes think that this day an age is more drawn to the insincere than the sincere in religious preachers and doctrine. The sincere are overlooked. To even reach that level of hype one must start out with money, backing, or some way to even get their feet in the door. The Bible preaching ordinary guy will never give the people what they need. They already know what the Bible and many preachers have taught in the past, but that just doesn't fit this world now, things have changed. Or isn't sin we now accept the same sin they were once accepting and punished for also? They need verification that as time changes so does the meaning of the Bible. They want to believe the guy with the smooth tongue that tells them everything that makes them feel all warm and fuzzy. After all, since so many of the things of this present world are quite common and widely accepted that were presented by Jesus and others to be sin, then they believe it must be OK to change with the times and popular stance. Hail to their new hero that makes their sins work out in these times. So they send there money to this wonderful man whose deceit is leading them right where they were already headed.

The Old Covenant was written about things prior to Jesus on Earth and His Crucifixion. The New Covenant was the Word to all after the last sacrifice accepted by God. There were no more changes. God is timeless, so is His Word. There are no further additions of deletions.

Columbus, OH

#441502 Feb 3, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
You're a 'tard... and you just got STOMPED!
Anger, ignorance, and fantasy.

It's an ugly combination.

Jesus do that to you?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#441503 Feb 3, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have to use a distributor?
Too lazy to write my own OS.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#441504 Feb 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Some maybe, it might seem. Remember the "playing field" is attempting to be bridged, and the dominant players are in it for the profit...making it difficult for the developers to compete in open source. At least you have OS choices that you can be comfortable with without being a captive to profiteers, and are welcome to contribute and benefit to that end. Workarounds are available almost daily for preferred programs etc.
That's my main gripe about a lot of the distros these days, they are often working hard to make you need their preferred choices, so that workarounds are virtually impossible, or at least take a lot more time to deal with than the OS is even worth. Personally I'm considering jumping ship and going with Apple next time, though they're getting a bit messy too they're still better in many ways ... certainly better than MS which I won't touch with a ten byte pole.

Columbus, OH

#441505 Feb 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Too lazy to write my own OS.
Me 2. But I mean, can you download it and bypass the distributors?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#441506 Feb 3, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Projection.
There you are with another stale post!!!!!! when Im on here with one of my women, don't stick that pumpkin head of yours in boy ya hear me??? Projection???? I wish you would stop copy & pasting X's posts... you have no skills/game... Im watching you boy >O-O<

Dr.Clownie The Gangster of love

Location hidden

#441507 Feb 3, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Me 2. But I mean, can you download it and bypass the distributors?
Yup! Here's a sample of some...

http://www.makeuseof.com/pages/best-linux-dis...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#441508 Feb 3, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's a stretch, unless those Girl Scout cookies I bought are poisoned.
But your point is valid.
Absent religion, religinuts would merely find another cause.
IMO Anyone will take up arms and fight to protect their way of life...whether that be religious or non-religious.

Many Christians find their way to this thread to convince us that their way is right...in a sense...do we not try to do the same...convince them that we are right?

I don't know...some days IMO we atheists and agnostics are just as obtuse as those dang religious people.

Oh never mind me...today is just one of those days that I am trying not to look into the abyss and see my own reflection.

That happens sometimes...it ain't pretty!

:-)

Lay off those GS cookies...find the recipes on line and make them yourself.

Location hidden

#441509 Feb 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my main gripe about a lot of the distros these days, they are often working hard to make you need their preferred choices, so that workarounds are virtually impossible, or at least take a lot more time to deal with than the OS is even worth. Personally I'm considering jumping ship and going with Apple next time, though they're getting a bit messy too they're still better in many ways ... certainly better than MS which I won't touch with a ten byte pole.
They all got pros and cons. It depends in what yer look'n for I guess. Compiz is a blast if ya like ta play with toys!

Columbus, OH

#441511 Feb 3, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>There you are with another stale post!!!!!! when Im on here with one of my women, don't stick that pumpkin head of yours in boy ya hear me??? Projection???? I wish you would stop copy & pasting X's posts... you have no skills/game... Im watching you boy >O-O<
Dr.Clownie The Gangster of love
Childish nonsense.

Columbus, OH

#441512 Feb 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO Anyone will take up arms and fight to protect their way of life...whether that be religious or non-religious.
Many Christians find their way to this thread to convince us that their way is right...in a sense...do we not try to do the same...convince them that we are right?
I don't know...some days IMO we atheists and agnostics are just as obtuse as those dang religious people.
Oh never mind me...today is just one of those days that I am trying not to look into the abyss and see my own reflection.
That happens sometimes...it ain't pretty!
:-)
Lay off those GS cookies...find the recipes on line and make them yourself.
Don't worry. These cookie are..... erk....eek...gag....

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

#441513 Feb 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe for those who have never been "inside" their computer, and have succumbed to grovel'n ta the computer gods. The rest of us are aware.
HAHA ok not to sure what you are saying here sorry ...

But yes i build computers and do repair work so i know the inside of a PC quite well. And as for your computer gods 1. im an atheist so i dont believe in gods and 2. the PC, internet, apple, linux, and Microsoft are all products of Atheists so your god comment is invalid ....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Wyle E Coyote 808,533
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min hojo 573,533
Whatsapp group Hot n Sexy for guys and girls 23 min Jay 36
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min RADEKT 268,762
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 42 min Qu_innocence 608,092
Chaitanya Holidays | Best Tour Planner in Mumbai 1 hr Chaitanya_Holidays 1
Any girls looking for some sexy fun on Skype? (Dec '12) 2 hr nuhomar1 27
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr DNF 97,844
More from around the web