Why I’m no longer a Christian

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#441678 Feb 4, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you cannot provide evidence for the following, your god's opinion on anything is moot:
1. That there is a god.
2. That it's the god that you ascribe to.
3. That the god you ascribe to actually stated what you assert it did.
Evidence of those three things, then your god's opinion has a little weight.
<quoted text>
Yet you refuse to provide any. Why is that?
<quoted text>
Only according to Pope Gregory, whom you hate because he is--as you call them--an antichrist Catholic.
You need to learn what you're talking about.
pope greg just put into calander effect what was actually accomplished through the first advent of Christ;)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#441680 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
the Crucifixion of Christ was the brutal murder of the innocent Son of God.
Really? So your "god" turned a blind eye to his crucifixion and didn't help him? Or did your "god" want to help him but was impotent?

Or are you one of those fools who say that 'christ is god' in which case that means that jeebus committed suicide.

Either way, the facts prove that those who follow your religion are foolish slaves.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441681 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Wrong, as usual.
From the Encyclopedia Britannica CD-ROM:
Also called the New Style Calendar
solar dating system now in general use. It was proclaimed in 1582 by Pope Gregory XIII as a reform of the Julian calendar.
By the Julian reckoning, the solar year comprised 365 1/4 days; the intercalation of a “leap day” every four years was intended to maintain correspondence between the calendar and the seasons. A slight inaccuracy in the measurement (the solar year comprising more precisely 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, 45.25 seconds) caused the calendar dates of the seasons to regress almost one day per century.
Although this regression had amounted to 14 days by Pope Gregory's time, he based his reform on restoration of the vernal equinox, then falling on March 11, to the date (March 21) it had in AD 325, the time of the Council of Nicaea, and not on the date of the equinox at the time of the birth of Christ, when it fell on March 25. The change was effected by advancing the calendar 10 days after Oct. 4, 1582, the day following being reckoned as October 15.
The Gregorian calendar differs from the Julian only in that no century year is a leap year unless it is exactly divisible by 400 (e.g., 1600, 2000). A further proposed refinement, the designation of years evenly divisible by 4,000 as common (not leap) years, will keep the Gregorian calendar accurate to within one day in 20,000 years.
Within a year the change had been adopted by the Italian states, Portugal, Spain, and the German Catholic states. Gradually, other nations adopted the Gregorian calendar: the Protestant German states in 1699; England and its colonies in 1752; Sweden in 1753; Japan in 1873; China in 1912; the Soviet Union in 1918; and Greece in 1923. Islamic countries tend to retain calendars based on Islam (see Muslim calendar).
But then, I've already explained this to you; and your response is, "What do those experts and historians know, anyway? They're just antichrists."
'2013 - THE YEAR OF OUR LORD' kait, read it and weep:)

it says in scripture that the hitler-like antichrist will seek to "change times" and remove ancient landmarks and stuff. i wonder if he'll hate the gregorian calander because of it's 'year of our Lord' conotation and try doing something about it to commodate you like-minded types....

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#441682 Feb 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't make any sense at all.
It is interesting that the definition of "Operating System" has changed since introduction of the IMB-PC.

Until PC/MS-DOS the OS was only what is now calledthe "Kernel".

Had to code an "operating system" for the 8080 in C for a CompSci course back in '85.

Location hidden

#441683 Feb 4, 2013
Claire Voyager wrote:
Best I ever had was at an independent French restaurant in Vegas that sadly got pushed out by corporate greed.
The key is to cook it slowly - twice.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441685 Feb 4, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Meaning what exactly? That you believe in non-existent sky fairies?
<quoted text>
I am re-examining WW's question, and I still fail to understand why you question his sexuality.
<quoted text>
You mean, like your brother in christ T-Town? You and he are both obsessed with homosexuality. Is there something you're trying to deal with?
"Is there something you're trying to deal with?"

YES - i'm jealous of Stephie:(

j/k!:)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441686 Feb 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a dull troll, you should take lessons from T-Town, because now you are just posting for the sake of posting.
He really is pathetic, ain't he ?

Location hidden

#441687 Feb 4, 2013
zander714 wrote:
Relationship with Jesus Christ is on a personal level and that is how you seek Him....
Really?

Same thing can be said about schizophrenia. Coincidence?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441688 Feb 4, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Get back to me once you get your fill and finally crawl out from under G_O_D'S bedsheets... YO
Kaitlin + G_O_D
I wish.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441689 Feb 4, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I would prefer that none that are of Christ represent Him as a clown. Since most of your posts are scripture or related to His word it behooves me to understand why you would want it to be anything but a serious matter. If you represent the Lord as a clown, that is exactly how you will be received. Isn't it bad enough that many already believe that without confirming their convictions?
I think he wants to chase people away from Christianity.

Location hidden

#441690 Feb 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
It is interesting that the definition of "Operating System" has changed since introduction of the IMB-PC.
You mean someone was before IBM?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441692 Feb 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what we call projection, in the real world. You are projecting your insecurities about yourself onto someone else.
<quoted text>
So we've noticed.
<quoted text>
Why are you mad at the Easter Bunny?
"Why are you mad at the Easter Bunny?"

cuz it's a satanic and pagan conspiracy to take attention away from celebrating Christ's Ressurection, of course!;)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441693 Feb 4, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wanted to publicly make an apology to you for the way I have treated you in the past. I picked this post, because the other night, you and Black Thunder, helped me get through it. I won't forget that. I have called you many names because of religous views. There are no words to express my sincere apology. We can agree to disagree, without insults. I learned alot the other night, when you two had my back and made me feel much better, when I was being attacked by a mad man....I learned that not all Christians will step in and help another when in need. But you two came along and saved my day....Once again, I hope you will be able to forgive me, for insulting you in the name of the Lord. That is not what Christianity is all about, and you have so much good in you, and I am so sorry that I wasn't able to see it until the other night. May God always be with you...Thanks again for being kind even tho, I didn't treat you so good in the past, and I was not deserving of it..... Thanks again Black Thunder too!:)
No problem. The past is past.
Thanks for the apology but it isn't needed.
We all act like jerks, some (like me) more than others esp. regarding religion and politics. That doesn't mean we hate each other or can't learn from and help each other.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441694 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
.... i take exception with people who call antichrist theories and speculations "facts".
Filled with self-doubt, eh ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441695 Feb 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Roasted duck is good if it's not too greasy.
Take away the grease from duck and all you have left is chicken. LOL

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441696 Feb 4, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove your God exists then we will have something to discuss.
<quoted text>
No it isn't.
<quoted text>
No he didn't; that's a myth.
<quoted text>
Logic, truth, reason, and--ironically enough--your own buybull.
you have no proof to refute the historic proof of the Bible so you never provide any. anything you do cut/paste is just similar hissy-fit conjecure of how bad an influence 'religion' has been to the world. i can agree with with much of it, but it still does nothing to debunk the truth of the Son of God who came 2013 years ago:)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441697 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the Crucifixion of Christ was the brutal murder of the innocent Son of God.....
1. Lots of innocent people are murdered every day.
2. Jesus was found guilty of treason in a fair trial.
3. Jesus never claimed to be anything other than human.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441698 Feb 4, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just not familiar with the history of your religion at all, eh?
You realize that many here know that you are the one lying, right?
<quoted text>
Which is what's known as a FALSE PREMISE.
Jesus is a myth.
<quoted text>
"Your" humankind? Are you claiming not to be part of humankind?
As far as "brutal history" goes, you christians are responsible for most of it. Torture, warfare, genocide, Nazi eugenics, witch-burnings and hangings. You tell me I'm supposed to forget about the crimes of your religion and your fellow christians; I refuse. I will continue to remind you of them, and there's not a GODDAMNED THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT THAT.
<quoted text>
There is no "savior"; *we* are our only saviors. It's up to *us* to make this a better world, not your fucking mythical skydaddy and your empty promises of "salvation." This is how you refuse to take responsibility for your own actions. You want someone else--your "savior"--to be responsible for you.
Grow the fuck up.
kait - i have condemned the acts of posers using the name of god to evoke control over the world by violence. Christ did the same things througout the Gospels. i don't know what else i can do to stop your continuous unfair & childish accusations.

should we call it quits?:)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441699 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
...Then you said something like; "at least at star trek conventions they don't wave old scripts in the air telling people to believe them or else".
i thought that was hillarious and clever (even though you're wrong;)
So you think Star Trek is adocumentary ?

ROFLMAO

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441700 Feb 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
pope greg just put into calander effect what was actually accomplished through the first advent of Christ;)
That has got to be the most insane comment of the month.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 23 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUI... 124,304
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 44 min democrat destroyer 8,229
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr hojo ono 682,149
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Huh 982,466
Being alone stinks so bad...that even God........ 5 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Gay Sex in Houston (Apr '15) 7 hr John j 18
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr onemale 286,505
More from around the web