Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#441505 Feb 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Too lazy to write my own OS.
Me 2. But I mean, can you download it and bypass the distributors?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#441506 Feb 3, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Projection.
There you are with another stale post!!!!!! when Im on here with one of my women, don't stick that pumpkin head of yours in boy ya hear me??? Projection???? I wish you would stop copy & pasting X's posts... you have no skills/game... Im watching you boy >O-O<

Dr.Clownie The Gangster of love

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#441508 Feb 3, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's a stretch, unless those Girl Scout cookies I bought are poisoned.
But your point is valid.
Absent religion, religinuts would merely find another cause.
IMO Anyone will take up arms and fight to protect their way of life...whether that be religious or non-religious.

Many Christians find their way to this thread to convince us that their way is right...in a sense...do we not try to do the same...convince them that we are right?

I don't know...some days IMO we atheists and agnostics are just as obtuse as those dang religious people.

Oh never mind me...today is just one of those days that I am trying not to look into the abyss and see my own reflection.

That happens sometimes...it ain't pretty!

:-)

Lay off those GS cookies...find the recipes on line and make them yourself.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441509 Feb 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my main gripe about a lot of the distros these days, they are often working hard to make you need their preferred choices, so that workarounds are virtually impossible, or at least take a lot more time to deal with than the OS is even worth. Personally I'm considering jumping ship and going with Apple next time, though they're getting a bit messy too they're still better in many ways ... certainly better than MS which I won't touch with a ten byte pole.
They all got pros and cons. It depends in what yer look'n for I guess. Compiz is a blast if ya like ta play with toys!

Columbus, OH

#441511 Feb 3, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>There you are with another stale post!!!!!! when Im on here with one of my women, don't stick that pumpkin head of yours in boy ya hear me??? Projection???? I wish you would stop copy & pasting X's posts... you have no skills/game... Im watching you boy >O-O<
Dr.Clownie The Gangster of love
Childish nonsense.

Columbus, OH

#441512 Feb 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO Anyone will take up arms and fight to protect their way of life...whether that be religious or non-religious.
Many Christians find their way to this thread to convince us that their way is right...in a sense...do we not try to do the same...convince them that we are right?
I don't know...some days IMO we atheists and agnostics are just as obtuse as those dang religious people.
Oh never mind me...today is just one of those days that I am trying not to look into the abyss and see my own reflection.
Don't worry. These cookie are..... erk....eek...gag....

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

#441513 Feb 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe for those who have never been "inside" their computer, and have succumbed to grovel'n ta the computer gods. The rest of us are aware.
HAHA ok not to sure what you are saying here sorry ...

But yes i build computers and do repair work so i know the inside of a PC quite well. And as for your computer gods 1. im an atheist so i dont believe in gods and 2. the PC, internet, apple, linux, and Microsoft are all products of Atheists so your god comment is invalid ....

Location hidden

#441516 Feb 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I could care less about whether they think I'm right.
It's hard enough jist ta have 'em look at ya like yer a human bean, stead o' some kinda devil that ther pastards indoctrinated 'em ta believe so's they could take all ther moneys.

Location hidden

#441518 Feb 3, 2013
trekx wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHA ok not to sure what you are saying here sorry ...
But yes i build computers and do repair work so i know the inside of a PC quite well. And as for your computer gods 1. im an atheist so i dont believe in gods and 2. the PC, internet, apple, linux, and Microsoft are all products of Atheists so your god comment is invalid ....
LOL! I don't think ya got the pun.

Columbus, OH

#441519 Feb 3, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupidity, ignorance, and idiocy.
It's a common combination here.
Google do that to you?
ATOMIC-STOMP!
Projection.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#441521 Feb 3, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't stand most tv evangelists as I've seen so few whose motive was sincere or the ones that were stick by their original goal as they became more successful....

The Old Covenant was written about things prior to Jesus on Earth and His Crucifixion. The New Covenant was the Word to all after the last sacrifice accepted by God. There were no more changes. God is timeless, so is His Word. There are no further additions of deletions.
I don't reckon you realize that you got this silliness from the first Christian televangelist, so to speak, eh?

Today is your oppotunity to give till it hurts for the saints of God.

Make your checks payable to God's One True Gospel Ministries.

Location hidden

#441522 Feb 3, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
I'm downloading it now.
Which one, and what are you looking to achieve in a OS? If you are a "windows" user and want to try unix, try Zorin out first..It's more like windows.IMO
*~DO~* read all instructions carefully first...and "live" mode will be slower than full installation.

Columbus, OH

#441523 Feb 3, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, God. You just didn't say you could write an OS that could even remotely compete with iOS and 8 but are just too LAZY?
You just made the list, man.
STOMP!
The ramblings of a fool.

Columbus, OH

#441525 Feb 3, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no further additions [or] deletions.
What? No more re-dos?

Say it ain't so.

Location hidden

#441526 Feb 3, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
Welcome to the Topix fantasy life. Be all that you can be... And then some!
I'm a college professor WHO CAN'T SPELL!
I have a terminal illness, BUT I NEVER GET WORSE!
I wrote a book, IT JUST WASN'T PUBLISHED!
I'm the world's best sniper, BUT I GOT ZERO KILLS!
I'm a Wordsmith, BUT I COULDN'T MASTER ANAPESTIC TETRAMETER!
I'm a select marksman OF PLAYING CARDS!
I'm a Strega witch WITH A MAGIC INVISIBLE WONDER DOG!
I'm bugle playing black man WHO IS A BUGLE PLAYING BLACK MAN!
Who else?
Oh, wait! It's Kitten Gates/Jobs Koder!
STOMP!
Don't fergit us pirates!

Columbus, OH

#441527 Feb 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Which one, and what are you looking to achieve in a OS? If you are a "windows" user and want to try unix, try Zorin out first..It's more like windows.IMO
*~DO~* read all instructions carefully first...and "live" mode will be slower than full installation.
I downloaded Ubuntu.

Columbus, OH

#441528 Feb 3, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
Welcome to the Topix fantasy life. Be all that you can be... And then some!
I'm a college professor WHO CAN'T SPELL!
I have a terminal illness, BUT I NEVER GET WORSE!
I wrote a book, IT JUST WASN'T PUBLISHED!
I'm the world's best sniper, BUT I GOT ZERO KILLS!
I'm a Wordsmith, BUT I COULDN'T MASTER ANAPESTIC TETRAMETER!
I'm a select marksman OF PLAYING CARDS!
I'm a Strega witch WITH A MAGIC INVISIBLE WONDER DOG!
I'm bugle playing black man WHO IS A BUGLE PLAYING BLACK MAN!
Who else?
Oh, wait! It's Kitten Gates/Jobs Koder!
STOMP!
A fool's drivel.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#441529 Feb 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I could care less about whether they think I'm right.
It's hard enough jist ta have 'em look at ya like yer a human bean, stead o' some kinda devil that ther pastards indoctrinated 'em ta believe so's they could take all ther moneys.
I know that most here will disagree with me...I am okay with that. I will rephrase...

I know that there are times that I have acted no better than they. Yes...some of my posts were written in hopes that they would see my point of view and maybe change not their faith but the way that they present it.

I don't know...just havin' one of those days I suppose. Maybe I will get over it later.

Location hidden

#441530 Feb 3, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I downloaded Ubuntu.
Ok. Let me know what ya think. If yer not used ta the system, it's gonna take some gitt'n used ta. The interface is different. It would help if ya google the first things ta do after downloading and loading too. Have fun. If ya don't do a full install there's no harm done either.

Location hidden

#441532 Feb 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that most here will disagree with me...I am okay with that. I will rephrase...
I know that there are times that I have acted no better than they. Yes...some of my posts were written in hopes that they would see my point of view and maybe change not their faith but the way that they present it.
I don't know...just havin' one of those days I suppose. Maybe I will get over it later.
So, ya think yer the only one? HA!
Course I ain't never had that prolem...be'n perfect an all y'know... LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 min Dee Dee Dee 41,919
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Rabbis on the Run 690,422
Charles Mansion Died Last Night 22 min Rider on the Storm 5
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 hr Rabbis on the Run 124
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 3 hr Big Al 598
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Rabbis on the Run 989,722
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 9 hr Paul is dead 105
More from around the web