Why I’m no longer a Christian

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441460 Feb 3, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
I love my mac. Only got it a year ago. Always had MS before. I don't think I'll ever go back...
Better, but way over priced. That will change also. They have many issues too.

Location hidden

#441461 Feb 3, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously we think alike...again, I agree 100%.
The "buy a new computer" syndrome has worked for MS but anyone with a little savy can bypass their game and save lots of money. I've got 2 1TB drives that I have stored as many drivers and old programs as possible.
The only reason I have W7 is because some of my customers use it so I've got to be familiar with it.
Did you know there's a way to make W7 work like a Terminal Server??
If ya don't mind putt'n yer eggs in the hog's pen.

Location hidden

#441462 Feb 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus talked so much about these "christians":
"Leave them; they are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit."
Sadly, they think it was abour everyone else.
I think that verse is why I never became a "Christian".
I agree. Ever watch TBN? LOL!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#441463 Feb 3, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
You have set very low goals for yourself.
But hey, you are on Topix...
STOMP!
Goals? Goals?

Making you look foolish is merely one goal, fool.

And a minor one at that.

Location hidden

#441464 Feb 3, 2013
trekx wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed i would stick to home/personal use for now. But im sure it will get better over time ... and BTW i never use IE i use FireFox its a much better web browser ..
I was in a bus. The other day that just had W8 installed on their co. system. This individual was so proud of their "new" system. My personal Unix system outperformed their stations by probably 10 times, with the ease and efficiency of multiple workspaces and speed, and mine is working on minimal hardware(can even do 3D animations with ease, while having 4 separate workstations open at the same time on a cube).
I didn't have the heart ta tell 'em that.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#441465 Feb 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Better, but way over priced.
Not anymore. A new Mac mini with the latest version of OS X can be had to as little as 599.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#441466 Feb 3, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
When it comes to the abrahamic religions, yeah. They are the only two that demand slavish, unquestioning fealty.
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, except there are 3 abrahamic religions.
Okay, three--if you include Judaism. But I don't see Jews as aggressive recruiters that scream death, damnation & hellfire.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#441467 Feb 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
W7 and W8 don't like to play together. Microsoft did that intentionally.
My next question is personal and brutally honest:
"Why on earth do you want W8 ?" I spend more time getting it OFF computers.
My professional opinion is: If you have no overwhelming reason to NOT use XP then don't upgrade....ever.
"We put a man on the Moon with the functional equivallent of a Commodore 64. Now why do you need a $5000 PC to do your job ?" LOL
I want my Windows 95 back. The paintbrush program was better, it had other photo editing & cropping & fading/transparency features, and it had really cool themes & screensavers. I miss the "Horror" and "Mystery" themes.

I told the damn Windows people, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." But would they listen to me? Nnnnnnnnoooooooo...

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#441468 Feb 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
CompSci
Ny fisrt course is Fundamentals of Computer Hardware and Software.
Basiccaly everything Covered in CompTia's A+ Certification.
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text> ...Good luck in your "bucket list" venture.
*I'm* working on a list of things I don't really care to do before I die. I call it my "Fucket List."

:)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#441469 Feb 3, 2013
I don't see Jews as aggressive recruiters that scream death, damnation & hellfire.
I disagree. All religions kill in the name of religion. Even Buddhist kill. Religious people kill because their delusion is that their religion is better than any other religion.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#441470 Feb 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Now, I do not believe for one instant that any deity actually said this to Aradia; she very easily could have made the whole thing up. But still, it is a great foundation for a religion.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Consistent with (alleged) Jesus' three commandments:
Love God
Love your neighbors
Love your enemies
Good advice that is often hard to follow. <hug>
I was brought up to believe that "All acts of love and compassion are my rituals" included things like, but were not limited to, helping someone stranded by the side of the road, teaching a kid how to ride a bike, caring for stray animals, or giving someone the best darned orgasm they've ever had in their entire lives.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#441471 Feb 3, 2013
That last one is a particular favorite of mine...

Location hidden

#441472 Feb 3, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks ya'll, checkin it out as we speak....
Check out Zorin. It is a transition program for those migrating from windows, and has interface like W7, XP, or Unix...operator's choice...just for comfort's sake. Loaded with bells and whistles, and fast too.

Location hidden

#441473 Feb 3, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, windows 8 is a bust. In some ways it is even worse than vista.
5 Reasons why windows 8 is not considered to be a virus:
1. Viruses don't have major bugs.
2. Viruses are free.
3. Viruses aren't unstable.
4. Viruses cause less damage than Windows 8.
5. Viruses don't get viruses.
LOL!
Now that ya put it that way...

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#441474 Feb 3, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. All religions kill in the name of religion. Even Buddhist kill. Religious people kill because their delusion is that their religion is better than any other religion.
My girlfriend is a Buddhist; she's never been tempted to kill anyone. I'm a strega; I've never been tempted to kill anyone. I don't know of anyone in history who has ever killed in the name of La Vecchia.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#441475 Feb 3, 2013
I take it back; Stephie's gonna kill me if I don't start breakfast.
duststorm

League City, TX

#441476 Feb 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>

I think that verse is why I never became a "Christian".
Thanks for sharing why you are no longer a Christian.

Location hidden

#441477 Feb 3, 2013
I take it back; Stephie's gonna kill me if I don't start breakfast.
That don't apply...lest yer mak'n sacraments...
duststorm

League City, TX

#441479 Feb 3, 2013
p-o-p quiz wrote:
<quoted text>Here are the last 10 posts from Doctor REALITY on WINLAC:
There's no such thing as 'used to be a christian'. If you're not saved today,you were NEVER saved before.
There's no such thing as 'used to be a christian'. If you're not saved today,you were NEVER saved before.
So true. If the Son shall set you free, you shall be free indeed.

“Peace Love”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#441480 Feb 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
CompSci
Ny fisrt course is Fundamentals of Computer Hardware and Software.
Basiccaly everything Covered in CompTia's A+ Certification.
<quoted text>
*I'm* working on a list of things I don't really care to do before I die. I call it my "Fucket List."
:)
Haha..good one...
I like that...a Bucket list and a Fuckit list...plenty of things to add to both.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Jim-ca 52,893
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Michael 693,460
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 13 min Jjck 33
Kabbalahism: More Bull(BLEEP!!) from Satan 25 min Doctor REALITY 3
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 26 min Doctor REALITY 43
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 28 min Doctor REALITY 8
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min another viewer 992,286
More from around the web