Why I’m no longer a Christian

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#441402 Feb 3, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
W8 is another loser for microsoft just like vista.
Stay with W7 or XP for now.
Yep. If MS can't figure it out soon they will loose the OS market.

Wait until a fullblown Android OS hits the PC. Sell your MS stock as soon as it does.

The computer market is now like the Auto industry. If you can;t convince everyone to buy a new car every three years you will go the way of the Dodo, Edsel, Pontiac and Plymouth.

I have a an old Pentium computer running XP that can do 90% of the tasks any brand new computer can and still use my old peripherals.

Here is the "game" that the PC market plays.

Buy a new computer, you are "given" MS's newest OS.
Now your old software won't work right if at all so buy all new software. Then replace all your peripherals because there are no drivers or suppirt for the old hardware. Then spend the next three years learning all the new software and OS. Once you have it mastered....throw it all away and start over.

The computer market needs you to spend at least $5000 every three years to survive.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441403 Feb 3, 2013
trekx wrote:
I'm an atheist for a lot of reasons, but the most important one i think would be the fact that i can't ignore reality, and believe in lies and fairy tails just because that book tells me to. that would be like believing that spider-man is real because i read a comic book. That is just for starters i wont even go into how bigoted and judgmental religion is and how harmful it is to are world.
AS I read the OT and the Gospels (not Paul) there is no problem being an atheist. You can;t have "false Gods" if you have "no Gods".

Christianity aside, According to Leviticus, atonements are made for everyone whether they like it or not, want it or not, believe it or not.

Not sure why Christians deny this simple fact.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441404 Feb 3, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember it well. The good old days.
Dos 4 almost put MS out of the OS business. Torval was a decade to late.

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

#441405 Feb 3, 2013
On the Windows 8 topic i personalty like Windows 8, yes its far different and takes some getting use to but its the logical step forward. the future is touch and to not prepare for that would be unwise. And as for Microsoft going out of business there is no chance of that. They could make a hundred failed Operating systems and would still be ok..

“Botle bo bokalo ba monna”

Since: Mar 10

Ha o cha o cheche

#441406 Feb 3, 2013
??

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#441407 Feb 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
NONSENSE?!
humanity said "crucify Him" when pilate asked who should be released.
you're a human, right?
Are you accusing Chess Jurist of living 2000 years ago?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441408 Feb 3, 2013
trekx wrote:
On the Windows 8 topic i personalty like Windows 8, yes its far different and takes some getting use to but its the logical step forward. the future is touch and to not prepare for that would be unwise. And as for Microsoft going out of business there is no chance of that. They could make a hundred failed Operating systems and would still be ok..
IBM thought the same about the PC market. LOL

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#441409 Feb 3, 2013
I love my mac. Only got it a year ago. Always had MS before. I don't think I'll ever go back...

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#441410 Feb 3, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>for we WALK by Faith, not by sight" (2Corinthians 5:7).
Then that explains why you are always walking in the sewer.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441411 Feb 3, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
I love my mac. Only got it a year ago. Always had MS before. I don't think I'll ever go back...
Never kiss another woman. LOL

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Maryland

#441412 Feb 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. If MS can't figure it out soon they will loose the OS market.
Wait until a fullblown Android OS hits the PC. Sell your MS stock as soon as it does.
The computer market is now like the Auto industry. If you can;t convince everyone to buy a new car every three years you will go the way of the Dodo, Edsel, Pontiac and Plymouth.
I have a an old Pentium computer running XP that can do 90% of the tasks any brand new computer can and still use my old peripherals.
Here is the "game" that the PC market plays.
Buy a new computer, you are "given" MS's newest OS.
Now your old software won't work right if at all so buy all new software. Then replace all your peripherals because there are no drivers or suppirt for the old hardware. Then spend the next three years learning all the new software and OS. Once you have it mastered....throw it all away and start over.
The computer market needs you to spend at least $5000 every three years to survive.
Obviously we think alike...again, I agree 100%.
The "buy a new computer" syndrome has worked for MS but anyone with a little savy can bypass their game and save lots of money. I've got 2 1TB drives that I have stored as many drivers and old programs as possible.
The only reason I have W7 is because some of my customers use it so I've got to be familiar with it.
Did you know there's a way to make W7 work like a Terminal Server??

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441413 Feb 3, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Then that explains why you are always walking in the sewer.
Jesus talked so much about these "christians":

"Leave them; they are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit."

Sadly, they think it was abour everyone else.
I think that verse is why I never became a "Christian".

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#441414 Feb 3, 2013
trekx wrote:
For personal use maybe...the Business world is what drives my attention to new microsoft OS and software offerings.
There are many websites that do not work with IE9. There are also software programs that will not work with W8 or IE9. Yes there are programs that will not work on a PC with IE9 installed. A large or even small Business will not willingly spend thousands if not millions on new hardware and retraining their employees at the whim of microsoft.

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#441415 Feb 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Dos 4 almost put MS out of the OS business. Torval was a decade to late.
Hehe, I remember that one also...

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

#441416 Feb 3, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
For personal use maybe...the Business world is what drives my attention to new microsoft OS and software offerings.
There are many websites that do not work with IE9. There are also software programs that will not work with W8 or IE9. Yes there are programs that will not work on a PC with IE9 installed. A large or even small Business will not willingly spend thousands if not millions on new hardware and retraining their employees at the whim of microsoft.
Agreed i would stick to home/personal use for now. But im sure it will get better over time ... and BTW i never use IE i use FireFox its a much better web browser ..

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#441417 Feb 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Never kiss another woman. LOL
Cheeky professor :)
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#441418 Feb 3, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I ran a beta version of MS8 on a laptop. I was not a fan. I'm sticking with 7 as long as possible on my 2 PCs and 3 laptops.

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#441419 Feb 3, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
Because none of my customers use Macs in their business I've not had much contact with them.
The ones that have them for personal use like them a lot however.
Are the floods still a problem for you or are things getting better?
Carlos Soto

Tegucigalpa, Honduras

#441420 Feb 3, 2013
I know a lot of atheist who have also changed their mind budist who became Christians and Christians who became Islamic. I recently heard of a Christians becomig gay.

Sorry to hearthat you are not a Christian anymore!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441421 Feb 3, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
The corporate world has all but abandoned MS after XP.
MS has been surviving on the general consumer market by forcing their newest OS on manufcturers and thus the consumer.

Many software companies are abandoning MS. WE just upgraded our CNC machines to their new version.... now uses Linux!

That is a few million systems MS will never see again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 13 min MUQ2 45,284
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min here 64,608
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 23 min MUQ2 499
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 32 min patsy the shared ... 56
Gays snapchat usernames 32 min xnicex6 22
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 39 min Aussie Kev 2,600
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 40 min X Pendable 183,219
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,608
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 973,952
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr marge 654,408
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 281,952
More from around the web