Why I’m no longer a Christian

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441384 Feb 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am firm believer in Linux and Open source.
Linux, Firefox and Open Office is all 90% of users ever need.
Haven't had MS Office on a Lab PC in five years.
No bout adout it! Way less problems, and way faster.
I think I keep MS around jist ta see if I can set a world record fer infections and crashes! LOL!

Location hidden

#441385 Feb 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!
And Thanks! to all who replied.
In all honesty it is many of you here who gave me the courage to accept the offer.
Thanks and Congrats go to you all!
Good luck with it!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#441386 Feb 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> OH!
I just like ta play, and in the newest "nonsense".
My "place" looks like the Norad command center LOL! As long as I have kept each computer to 5 or less OS, they have always performed well(for the most part)..you know what I mean.
Maybe I'm lose'n my touch, but the last few systems have jist been a bitch ta easily crack & tweak. I thought maybe I'm jist miss'n somth'n real simple. W8 is the worst...if it ain't "friendly" I can do without it anyway...I jist figgered maybe you have come up on the same kind of "wall", and found the "magic ring". LOL!
If ya try it you'll see what I'm talk'n about!
Get a removeable hard drive and use it as your boot drive.
Can switch between OSes and configurations much easier.
Great way to "play" without having a bunch of comupters.

Location hidden

#441387 Feb 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a removeable hard drive and use it as your boot drive.
Can switch between OSes and configurations much easier.
Great way to "play" without having a bunch of comupters.
Yeah. I got that too. That's where all the "magic" is LOL!
I might try that jist fer fun though, on a "clean" ext. drive.
Crazy part is I can't stand W8...I jist can't stand be'n "beat" by some dumb dos trap! LOL! Us pirates got reps y'know!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441388 Feb 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah. I got that too. That's where all the "magic" is LOL!
I might try that jist fer fun though, on a "clean" ext. drive.
Crazy part is I can't stand W8...I jist can't stand be'n "beat" by some dumb dos trap! LOL! Us pirates got reps y'know!
Can I offer you a copy of OS2 ? LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441389 Feb 2, 2013
Need to add that W8 is a completely different Kernel from previous NT variants and orphans.

"The last stable platform from MS was DOS 3.3" - Me

LOL

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#441390 Feb 2, 2013
Klink wrote:
<quoted text>
FOUR:
1) Judaism.
2) Christianity - out of Judaism following Jesus.
3) pagan Rome - became Catholic.
4) Islam - after 7th century.
Don't forget Bahá'í. You could probably throw in Rastafarianism and a few others as well.

I'd also suggest that many of the Christian denominations themselves almost warrant a separate status within the Abrahamic "pantheon" of religions.

Christianity, and the other Abrahamic religions are all over the place on the map of belief.

Much like a salad bar, people pick what they like and discard or don't choose what they find disagreeable - even within the same denomination - yet still call themselves "Baptist", "Methodist" etc., and also "Christian".

The Abrahamic religions are almost schizophrenic in the way they express themselves. "Multiple personalities" comes to mind.
Klink wrote:
Atheism came from pagan Rome.
An ignorant and uninformed statement. You have no idea what you are talking about, else you wouldn't have made that statement.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#441391 Feb 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!
And Thanks! to all who replied.
In all honesty it is many of you here who gave me the courage to accept the offer.
Thanks and Congrats go to you all!
Cheers!
And u inspire me in my study goals 4 this year. Even tho it's comparatively humble.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441392 Feb 3, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheers!
And u inspire me in my study goals 4 this year. Even tho it's comparatively humble.
No need to compare. I would rather teach Anthtopology or History but CompSci pays much better.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#441393 Feb 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
An ignorant and uninformed statement. You have no idea what you are talking about, else you wouldn't have made that statement.

It is You who is the ignorant. The main advocates of atheistic curriculum secular humanism and false 'science' atheistic evolution theories have been Rome's Jesuit priests, even the father of the 'big bang'. Since the end of the catholic dark age holy roman empire the Jesuits have advocated (BRAINWASHING) atheism in their free schools..
www.theaustralian.com.au/higher-education/god...

Atheism: the NWO lie

http://atheists.org/The_Enlightenment,_Freema...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_Reason

http://alltheinternet.net/...

http://www.creationism.org/books/TaylorInMind...

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#441394 Feb 3, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
It is You who is the ignorant. The main advocates of atheistic curriculum secular humanism and false 'science' atheistic evolution theories have been Rome's Jesuit priests, even the father of the 'big bang'. Since the end of the catholic dark age holy roman empire the Jesuits have advocated (BRAINWASHING) atheism in their free schools..
www.theaustralian.com.au/higher-education/god...
Atheism: the NWO lie
http://atheists.org/The_Enlightenment,_Freema...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_Reasn
http://alltheinternet.net/...
http://www.creationism.org/books/TaylorInMind...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UQjVaoD0YwXX
I see you're just as ignorant as "klink" is.

The origin of atheism had nothing to do with anything you responded with. It did not come from "pagan Rome".

Dolt.

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Holland, MI

#441395 Feb 3, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
By sleeping with the previous leader of tthe group.
They eluded to that but did not mention the age difference but it appeared to be quite significant.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#441396 Feb 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>I see you're just as ignorant as "klink" is.
The origin of atheism had nothing to do with anything you responded with. It did not come from "pagan Rome".
Dolt.
It's probably much more ancient. Some caveman denied the existence of the spirit his tribe worshipped.

“SPEBSQSA”

Holland, MI

#441397 Feb 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
CompSci
Ny fisrt course is Fundamentals of Computer Hardware and Software.
Basiccaly everything Covered in CompTia's A+ Certification.
Cool...Since I am self-taught and have been in the computer industry for 25 years I've always wondered what they teach in those classes. It would be interesting to sit through one as it was not offered back then.
I took and passed my A+ back then also. That test has changed over the years. My son also took it about 12 years ago and the "goal posts" had been moved drastically.

Good luck in your "bucket list" venture.

“SPEBSQSA”

Holland, MI

#441398 Feb 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I got a good one fer ya...
What the hell kinda seadog does W8 have in it that refuses ta let ya load it as a multiboot OS? It's driv'n me nuts! It's on purpose too.
W8 is another loser for microsoft just like vista.
Stay with W7 or XP for now.

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

#441399 Feb 3, 2013
I'm an atheist for a lot of reasons, but the most important one i think would be the fact that i can't ignore reality, and believe in lies and fairy tails just because that book tells me to. that would be like believing that spider-man is real because i read a comic book. That is just for starters i wont even go into how bigoted and judgmental religion is and how harmful it is to are world.

“SPEBSQSA”

Holland, MI

#441400 Feb 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
W7 and W8 don't like to play together. Microsoft did that intentionally.
My next question is personal and brutally honest:
"Why on earth do you want W8 ?" I spend more time getting it OFF computers.
My professional opinion is: If you have no overwhelming reason to NOT use XP then don't upgrade....ever.
"We put a man on the Moon with the functional equivallent of a Commodore 64. Now why do you need a $5000 PC to do your job ?" LOL
Agreed...100%...

“SPEBSQSA”

Holland, MI

#441401 Feb 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Need to add that W8 is a completely different Kernel from previous NT variants and orphans.
"The last stable platform from MS was DOS 3.3" - Me
LOL
Remember it well. The good old days.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441402 Feb 3, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
W8 is another loser for microsoft just like vista.
Stay with W7 or XP for now.
Yep. If MS can't figure it out soon they will loose the OS market.

Wait until a fullblown Android OS hits the PC. Sell your MS stock as soon as it does.

The computer market is now like the Auto industry. If you can;t convince everyone to buy a new car every three years you will go the way of the Dodo, Edsel, Pontiac and Plymouth.

I have a an old Pentium computer running XP that can do 90% of the tasks any brand new computer can and still use my old peripherals.

Here is the "game" that the PC market plays.

Buy a new computer, you are "given" MS's newest OS.
Now your old software won't work right if at all so buy all new software. Then replace all your peripherals because there are no drivers or suppirt for the old hardware. Then spend the next three years learning all the new software and OS. Once you have it mastered....throw it all away and start over.

The computer market needs you to spend at least $5000 every three years to survive.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441403 Feb 3, 2013
trekx wrote:
I'm an atheist for a lot of reasons, but the most important one i think would be the fact that i can't ignore reality, and believe in lies and fairy tails just because that book tells me to. that would be like believing that spider-man is real because i read a comic book. That is just for starters i wont even go into how bigoted and judgmental religion is and how harmful it is to are world.
AS I read the OT and the Gospels (not Paul) there is no problem being an atheist. You can;t have "false Gods" if you have "no Gods".

Christianity aside, According to Leviticus, atonements are made for everyone whether they like it or not, want it or not, believe it or not.

Not sure why Christians deny this simple fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min NotSoDivineMsM 87,818
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min PadMark 703,624
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min science is god 996,443
Gay snap eh 1 hr Dpics2 16
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Tony 6,916
News Helmsley's Dog Gets $12 Million in Will (Aug '07) 4 hr LIKUD Sindrome 313
Making DEVILS Rich 7 hr Merkel Ist Kaput 3