Why I’m no longer a Christian

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#441221 Feb 2, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I watch this last night and had bad dreams
Me too! Though I didn't watch the whole thing. Too scary for me.

Sorry...

He does kind of resemble you though around the eyes.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#441222 Feb 2, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe someone should just give Polly a cracker and send him home;)
My Polly lusting after more than a cracker:

(Unlisted outtake from his next video.)

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#441223 Feb 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
At the end of this month I will be a genuine college professor. I worked hard to get this position and am going out now to raise a bottle of O'Dooles in celebration.
I ask my friends and frenemies to pat themselves on the back. You gave me the courage and strength to get there.
To you!! <clink>
Very good. It's never too late to begin again. I have no idea your age but assume you to have taken this on as an 'afterthought'. What subject will you be 'professing'?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#441224 Feb 2, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
STOMP!
What do you do with lovebug guts?

Actually small flies, these sex-crazed insects, for the most part, live their short lives copulating and committing suicide upside a vehicle windshield.

Originally from Central America, most swarms of lovebugs now converge in the states bordering the Gulf of Mexico including Florida, Louisiana and Texas with an occasional sighting in Georgia and South Carolina. They don’t bite, sting or carry diseases. As adults, they live to copulate. As larvae they live by eating dead plant matter. Fish have been seen spitting the bugs out and birds have been seen avoiding the pesky insects. That has lead even scientists to say that the bugs only known predator is the moving vehicle.

The adult lovebugs’ life span is only about three to four days – almost 13 hours of that spent mating. Once mated, the male and female split and are both able to mate with different partners which will take up another 12 to 13 hours of their life. However, the male bugs die after mating twice, and the females die after laying up to 300 eggs. Female bugs lay their eggs – anywhere from 100 to 350 – beneath decaying vegetation. The eggs only take two to four days to hatch. However, depending on the outside temperature, the larva can take anywhere from 120 days to 240 days before becoming adults.

The male larvae become adults quicker than the females. The male adults hover in a swarm over the females waiting for them to take flight. As the females fly up, the males grasp onto them. The pair fall to the ground where they couple. Initially the male is on the back of the female with both of the bugs facing the same direction. Afterwards, the male turns 180 degrees and faces the opposite direction. It is at that time, and the hours afterwards, that these coupling adult bugs splatter vehicle windshields and clog radiator grills. Their acidic, fatty guts have been known to pit paint jobs and to cause motors to overheat.

To prevent the bugs from splattering on your vehicle, go nocturnal and limit driving to night. The bugs rest in low vegetation during the dark hours, and swarm at peak times of daylight to 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. until dusk. Try driving slower – it will reduce the number that go splat on the vehicle. To prepare for the bug guts, put a good Teflon finish or a layer of cooking spray on the vehicle. The cleaning job will be a little easier.

However, if it seems that an entire colony has performed mass suicide on the front of your vehicle, try the following home remedies: 1. Use warm water and a strong arm. 2. Rub the guts with wet dryer sheets to help remove. 3. At the first sighting, put a layer of a cooking spray such as Pam onto the exposed front end of the vehicle. 4. Use a mixture of Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo and water then scrub. You can also used a mixture of cola and water or white vinegar and water.

Bottom line, the fatty guts need to be removed before 48 hours in order to keep the acidic innards from ruing a vehicle’s paint job. I little warm water and “elbow grease” will go a long way in keeping your vehicle’s finish lovebug gut free.

http://www.wisegeek.com/contest/what-do-you-d...

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#441225 Feb 2, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too! Though I didn't watch the whole thing. Too scary for me.
Sorry...
He does kind of resemble you though around the eyes.
He is a looker no doubt!

Topix Badlands

#441226 Feb 2, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you know how it is.
I don't get no respect, I tell ya, no respect.
*adjusts tie*
Hiya Rodney. Sure have missed him.

Topix Badlands

#441227 Feb 2, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>everybody loves a clown
Ummm, not necessarily.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/scary-clowns-horr...

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#441228 Feb 2, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for this. It is quite helpful. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you but the snow and I battled yesterday. I think I won but not without a price.
Lol...one person's battle is another person's dream.
<3

Topix Badlands

#441229 Feb 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...one person's battle is another person's dream.
<3
I suppose that's why God gave us seasons. So we don't become complacent and also learn there is good and bad in everything.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#441231 Feb 2, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey...He's your brother!
LOL
Sorry
:-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =C1KtScrqtbcXX
Carry on...my friend!
Yeah, every family's got one, like a half-cocked uncle who hangs out in the attic;)

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#441233 Feb 2, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
My Polly lusting after more than a cracker:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3YvgTBzyWwwXX
(Unlisted outtake from his next video.)
Oh...my:)

Good morning Chess,

He's yours(well I guess, she too:)?

Always been intrigued by their mimic abilities. Have a Cockatiel, but their capacity is quite limited.

Good ta hear from ya ,and a great day to ya...

Columbus, OH

#441234 Feb 2, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Blow it, bugle boy!
Christian fantasy.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#441235 Feb 2, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you do with lovebug guts?
Deep fry 'em?

;)

And a great day to You, my Friend:)

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#441236 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Hiya Rodney. Sure have missed him.
Good morning Janitor:)

And like ol' Jimmy(RIP)- "He's got a million of 'em"

Hopin' your is a good one...

Columbus, OH

#441237 Feb 2, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...my:)
Good morning Chess,
He's yours(well I guess, she too:)?
Always been intrigued by their mimic abilities. Have a Cockatiel, but their capacity is quite limited.
Good ta hear from ya ,and a great day to ya...
He's been with me for ten years or so.

He's an African Grey. They mostly mimic. But they can actually communicate as well:

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#441238 Feb 2, 2013
Have a Great Day ,Folks...

Topix Badlands

#441239 Feb 2, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Janitor:)
And like ol' Jimmy(RIP)- "He's got a million of 'em"
Hopin' your is a good one...
You too Senecus. I have a bit of an unconventional philosophy on many things. Since yesterday was a rather bad one for me, I am quite convinced today will not be nearly as trying. That already makes today a good day in my mind.

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Maryland

#441240 Feb 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
At the end of this month I will be a genuine college professor. I worked hard to get this position and am going out now to raise a bottle of O'Dooles in celebration.
I ask my friends and frenemies to pat themselves on the back. You gave me the courage and strength to get there.
To you!! <clink>
Good job old man!!!
What are you going to be professerin' about??

Columbus, OH

#441241 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
You too Senecus. I have a bit of an unconventional philosophy on many things. Since yesterday was a rather bad one for me, I am quite convinced today will not be nearly as trying. That already makes today a good day in my mind.
You are Janitor.

I did not realize.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#441242 Feb 2, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Googlegasm for Annie!
Insect sex... Never crossed my mind in all my years.
What ARE people thinking about now days?
STOMP!
LOL Of course I googled it. I was not aware of the lovebug's mating habits.

One could almost tie in to a Biblical matter...procreation. It seems as if the lovebug's only purpose is to procreate.

Some Days you’re the Bug, Some Days you’re the Windshield

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min scientia potentia... 39,081
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min nanoanomaly 970,204
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min LAWEST100 44,476
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min marge 642,151
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min LAWEST100 618,462
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min onemale 280,921
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 31 min Voyeur 38,446
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Annaleigh 104,793
More from around the web