“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#441104 Feb 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no evidence, so it's safe to call you a liar. You said it was fact, that in itself is claiming to have evidence you can present. You failed to present evidence twice, even after stating there is evidence, so you were lying when you said you could present evidence.
I am not stupid enough to buy snake oil without it first being demonstrated to actually work using tests that are demonstrably reliable. You cannot do that, so your snake oil is dismissed as delusion.
all i can do for you is quote the Master; "be it on to you according to your faith"

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441105 Feb 1, 2013
p-o-p quiz wrote:
<quoted text>There is nothing to ignore. The Christian god has been debunked more times than a Topix Christian has obsessed over homosexuality.
"DEBUNKED?!" that's a new one on me! how could God possibly be debunked? i mean haters come and go throughout the ages and they get what's coming to them, but we still here walikng with God, baby boy, and we ain't going no place but up & not when YOU say;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441106 Feb 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What does any of that have to do with the existence of the Bible God? People believe all kinds of things. So what?
i'm sure that you feel special enough to think the Son of God should have came to your house, but He decided that Israel, 2013 years ago was the right place and time. you'll be responsible for what you do with that testimony.

Since: Mar 10

Trussville, Alabama

#441107 Feb 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"DEBUNKED?!" that's a new one on me! how could God possibly be debunked? i mean haters come and go throughout the ages and they get what's coming to them, but we still here walikng with God, baby boy, and we ain't going no place but up & not when YOU say;)
Yes, debunked. The only person responsible for the fact you haven't paid attention is you. You asked if I was gay and then address me as "baby boy." That sounds pretty gay to me.
send me no wine

Lansdowne, PA

#441108 Feb 1, 2013
JESUS LOVES YOU EVEN IF wrote:
<quoted text>
CAYCE WAS PLAYING WITH DEMONIC FORCES
NECROMANCY IS A SIN
THE DEAD ARE DEAD, FALLEN ANGELS PLAY GAMES TO MAKE YOU BELIEVE
IN THEIR STORIES THAT ARE CONTRARY TO GODS TRUTH
If necromancy is a sin then the Jesus that you worship is guilty of this act.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#441109 Feb 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
....how could you ever make up for murdering the innocent Son of God?!
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you clowns ever actually think about the nonsense you spew?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
NONSENSE?!
BibleJesus wrote:
<quoted text>The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life熔nly to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord.
You cannot murder someone whose life you cannot take.

Don't contradict BibleJesus, son, unless you understand BibleJesus is pretend.
send me no wine

Lansdowne, PA

#441110 Feb 1, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello SMNW, While the term Bible maybe a collection of writings, it's still a name, the Bible. You can call it the 'Hebrew Bible' if you like. You can call a Rose a flower, but it's still a Rose just the same. It's also transparent when someone calls it a name other than the Bible, they just don't want to believe. It's not worth the debate.
You're missing my point.
When were these mss. canonized and by whom, that you hold so dearly precious?

BTW...the Hebrew bible does not contain the NT.
send me no wine

Lansdowne, PA

#441111 Feb 1, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Who saying Christians have a patent on the title?
The christians.
send me no wine

Lansdowne, PA

#441112 Feb 1, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Who needs authority to assemble teachings in a written form? The word was already around and some was in writing, the NT canonization simply organized what was already there, the person or group who "ordered" it is a matter of record. It took far longer for the Hebrew's to canonize their readings and the who and why is still being debated. The clearest reasoning goes back to fact that oral traditions we're the norm in ancient history, but as civilizations went from clay tablets to papyrus, to parchment, and finally paper, then everything was easier to add to a written form. The real question is why not organize it. Also, do you call a rose a flower or a rose? Although the Bible is a tome, it is also the Bible. Do you call the Hebrew works a tome, or by their title? Calling something by its proper name does not signify a belief or commitment, but by not doing so, when you are aware, does identify an less open motive than discussion. Some things are as they seem and others are as you want them to be. If someone does not believe in the Bible, does that mean they don't believe in its title, content, source, or something else? Are you a seeker or selector? What do you believe? Maybe that will help channel this discussion into something more productive.
Tell, me, What do you believe??? This sounds like your just trying to trap me, versus a real debate. Just by your words, I know your not Muslim...
I would love to channel this discussion into productivity.
However, you stating that if one does not believe in the bible then the discussion would be futile.

You already went on the defensive and proposed your biased agenda.

The authority point was rather easy to decipher from my post:
Was it god who canonized the bible or was it by man ?

I am not trying to trap you, relax.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#441114 Feb 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christian brainwashing formula.
No thanks.
Get a Bible and read it carefully without anyone telling you what it means.
I've read all of Paul's books 13 or 14 some think he wrote Heb

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#441115 Feb 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's all good sister!
ya gotta love christians - they're so conscientious, humble and always wanting to make things right!:)
Thank you <3

Some uplifting music;

Our God - Chris Tomlin

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#441116 Feb 1, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi SL. I've been thinking of getting this book if I ever get the opportunity. Have you by chance ever read it?
When Bad Things Happen to Good People, 20th Anniversary Edition
By: Harold S. Kushner
As a young theology student, Harold Kushner puzzled over the Book of Job. As a small-town rabbi he counseled other people through pain and grief. But not until he learned that his three-year-old son, Aaron, would die in his early teens of a rare disease did he confront one of life's most difficult questions: Where do we find the resources to cope when tragedy strikes? In his new preface to this anniversary edition, Rabbi Kushner relates the heartwarming responses he has received over the last two decades from people who have found inspiration and comfort from his book.
That is a fantastic book! Definitely worth reading <3

Columbus, OH

#441117 Feb 1, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello SMNW, While the term Bible maybe a collection of writings, it's still a name, the Bible. You can call it the 'Hebrew Bible' if you like. You can call a Rose a flower, but it's still a Rose just the same. It's also transparent when someone calls it a name other than the Bible, they just don't want to believe. It's not worth the debate.
Who saying Christians have a patent on the title?
But I was reading the Hebrew Bible just the other day, and it seemed to be missing a couple books contained in the Christian Bible.

I'm not sure exactly how many cuz I'm still trying to figure out which version of the Christian Bible I should use to determine how many.

Ya'd think BibleGod would make these calculations easier, huh?

Columbus, OH

#441118 Feb 1, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I've read all of Paul's books 13 or 14 some think he wrote Heb
Thank god you're a clown, lest people think you a fool.

Columbus, OH

#441119 Feb 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> THO! Jethus did hath thex 2013 yearths ago! An sprith thith on hith peopleth, an ther sthill exthithdth.
That's good.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#441120 Feb 1, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi SL. I've been thinking of getting this book if I ever get the opportunity. Have you by chance ever read it?
When Bad Things Happen to Good People, 20th Anniversary Edition
By: Harold S. Kushner
As a young theology student, Harold Kushner puzzled over the Book of Job. As a small-town rabbi he counseled other people through pain and grief. But not until he learned that his three-year-old son, Aaron, would die in his early teens of a rare disease did he confront one of life's most difficult questions: Where do we find the resources to cope when tragedy strikes? In his new preface to this anniversary edition, Rabbi Kushner relates the heartwarming responses he has received over the last two decades from people who have found inspiration and comfort from his book.
You may have read this already but it's a great intro to the book :)

http://www.luthermemorialonline.org/uploads/1...

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#441121 Feb 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah well... I'm trying to be a gentleman :p
Since when? LOL.

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#441122 Feb 1, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You just hit on a key point in the theodicy wrastlin' match.
Wealthy and prominant people might propose that God blesses those who are faithful.
I'm successful, therefore I'm faithful. You're not successful, therefore you must be disobedient.(See Job)
Now a blue-collar view might question this ideology.
Perhaps there is another "power" at work. Perhaps there is an evil force responsible for all the bad things in life, and this force corrupts the minds of people. This brings us up to the time of Jesus, infuenced by Persian and Greek dualism.
We see new explanations develop as older models fail.
Hugs and much love to you. You understand. Few do.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#441123 Feb 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
At the end of this month I will be a genuine college professor. I worked hard to get this position and am going out now to raise a bottle of O'Dooles in celebration.
I ask my friends and frenemies to pat themselves on the back. You gave me the courage and strength to get there.
To you!! <clink>
Congrats <3 <3 <3

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#441124 Feb 1, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank god you're a clown, lest people think you a fool.
The bible says you're a fool

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Anthony MN 560,675
The Feds Are Playing A Very Dangerous Game 9 min Power_2014 21
Hacking Staples...Banks..Witchcraft...The End 11 min Power_2014 16
Why the Lamborghini Aventador is FASTER than th... 12 min onemale 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min Bongo 779,068
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 20 min MAKEWORLDPEACEUID... 4,935
Are our soldiers traitors? 27 min onemale 6
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 265,580
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 605,384
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 5 hr daveo69 72
More from around the web