Comments
416,401 - 416,420 of 441,203 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#441043 Feb 1, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Who needs authority to assemble teachings in a written form? The word was already around and some was in writing, the NT canonization simply organized what was already there, the person or group who "ordered" it is a matter of record.
I would think that something so important as the "word of God" should have someone's authority...many claim that authority came from God. Those who organized it also had the discretion to include or exclude based on their own personal desires...or needs.

While a Christian...I never gave much thought to who divided it in to chapter and verse...placing commas and periods where they thought they should go. We all know that a misplaced comma can completely change the meaning.

Some verses will end before a sentence does...if one just reads a single verse and not the complete passage...once again you run the risk of changing the meaning.

Just saying...I think anyone who reads should be concerned about how that Bible ended up being presented as it has been. Can't recall the name but there has been a Bible released without chapters and verses in an attempt to take it back to a more like image of the original documents.

I read in one reference that it was divided as it has been for easier referencing and to make it easier to memorize Bible verses...at the risk of altering its original meaning.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#441044 Feb 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
That's not what you were supposed to say. Despicable!
<3
Yeah well... I'm trying to be a gentleman :p
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#441045 Feb 1, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
So, does that mean you are finally ready to accept the Goddess Mother Nature and all that she gave birth to?
It's easy to think of the Earth as a mother, who the Greeks called Gaia.
Any gardener knows soil brings forth life - like a mother. It also feeds her children.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#441046 Feb 1, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you don't believe the evidence...
Well, where is the evidence? So far only assertions have been presented. So where's your evidence?

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#441048 Feb 1, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL *snort*
X Don't make me 're-think' your 'Brilliance'...:) Despite my being tag teamed... i like u.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#441049 Feb 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do you approve of the burning and hanging of "witches?" Do you approve of the efforts of your three brothers in christ who broke into my home? Do you approve of the efforts of your other brothers in christ who blew up and burned down womens' health centers?"
kait - an empahatic and categoric NO, NO AND NO!!!
i've said this all before so why do you continue to stereotype me and be bigoted against me & all of christianity???
Maybe it has to do with you falsely accusing all of us murdering a man 2000 years ago.

You are lunatic and a liar and no one in their right mind believes a God damned word you type.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#441050 Feb 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
once & for all, w_n - YOU DON'T GET TO DEFINE WHAT 'GOOD' IS;..
NEITHER DO YOU OR YOUR RELIGION.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#441051 Feb 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bible is your assertion, I asked for evidence. You cannot use the assertion as the evidence.
There are still people roaming the face of the Earth that can't handle the truth that the bible is evidence, creation, is also!!! so hear are my choices..(a) Is it just being hard headed?(b) misinformed?(c) uneducated on christian faith,(d) unknowing?(e) not wanting to admit they are on the dumb side,(f) All of the above! Just a little hint its ((E))

Bro. Clownie = Teacher,Life Coach,Sensei,Master,

“Love much, trust none”

There

#441052 Feb 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad irony is that likely ... neither of us will get to see the other realize what is after life, because there is zero evidence that anything happens after death.
I have suspisions of an "existence" after death. It is nothing like religions claim though.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#441053 Feb 1, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just not familiar with the history of your religion at all, eh?
You realize that many here know that you are the one lying, right?
there are many religions and have been many regimes throughout history. my faith is based on nothing les then Jesus' Blood and Righteousness.

are you familiar at all with the brutal history of your humankind? if so, why not run as fast as you can to the Savior? it ain't gonna go well for you if you don't....

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#441054 Feb 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it has to do with you falsely accusing all of us murdering a man 2000 years ago.
You are lunatic and a liar and no one in their right mind believes a God damned word you type.
Ye ole vile demon...
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#441056 Feb 1, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ability to LIVE on Topix is THE definition of retardation. Lay off the sauce.
STOMP!
Sehr gut, Stomper. So...what r u doing on Topix again?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#441057 Feb 1, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
There are still people roaming the face of the Earth that can't handle the truth that the bible is evidence, creation, is also!!! so hear are my choices..(a) Is it just being hard headed?(b) misinformed?(c) uneducated on christian faith,(d) unknowing?(e) not wanting to admit they are on the dumb side,(f) All of the above! Just a little hint its ((E))
Bro. Clownie = Teacher,Life Coach,Sensei,Master,
The bible is not evidence, it's that simple.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#441058 Feb 1, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text> Goodness gracious! read the bible, get in a great sunday school,pray for knowledge,stay for church, get in a good bible study,pray,pray,pray, ya hear me.
Bro,Clownie
The Christian brainwashing formula.

No thanks.

Get a Bible and read it carefully without anyone telling you what it means.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#441059 Feb 1, 2013
These words spake JESUS in the treasury, as he taught in THE TEMPLE: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come. Then said JESUS again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall DIE IN YOUR SINS: whither I GO, ye CANNOT come. Then said the JEWS, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come. And he (Jesus) said unto them, YE are from BENEATH; I am from ABOVE: ye are of THIS WORLD; I am NOT of THIS WORLD. I said therefore unto you, that YE shall DIE IN YOUR SINS: for if YE BELIEVE NOT that I AM he, YE shall DIE IN YOUR SINS.(John 8:20-24)I believe this

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441060 Feb 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bible is your assertion, I asked for evidence. You cannot use the assertion as the evidence.
sorry, but the Bible has been around long before me & my assertions. try as humans & devils may (and oh how they've tried!), they haven't been able to get rid of the Bible, the Jews or Christians;)

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#441061 Feb 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have suspisions of an "existence" after death. It is nothing like religions claim though.
you know this how

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#441062 Feb 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Suspicion is okay. I have hope that something happens, but I'm not placing my bets on it. ;) It's only delusion when you say it's fact without evidence to support it.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#441063 Feb 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I don't despise the idea of God either. I despise whiny little morons who think they know something about God.
THAT sums up this entire thread.

Thanks!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441064 Feb 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
what in the blazes is that you believe AGAIN, DOG?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 min Neelakaran 5,363
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min lil whispers 600,152
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min sweets2360 733,764
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 539,420
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Eagle 12 226,516
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Dr_Zorderz 258,147
Do Albanian men like hispanic/latina women? (Aug '11) 15 min Pipebomb 68
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 22 hr Tiffany 107
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••