Why I’m no longer a Christian

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#441036 Feb 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
cmon now kitty/johnny cochran! you most likely have acces to the Holy Bible. try telling the jews that it's not true; they have their entire history documented in it, geneologies, patriarchal grave sites and the whole nine yards.
it's not gonna go well for you at your trial if you continue to bury your head in blatant lies.....
Your bible is your assertion, I asked for evidence. You cannot use the assertion as the evidence.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#441037 Feb 1, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a Christian friend that believes we are rewarded in this life according to our actions and obedience to God. Of course in his 60 years he had only one brief health issue, and has compounded wealth. I disagree with his concept. Some of the most devoted were dirt poor, such as Mother Teresa, or had a life of suffering.
You just hit on a key point in the theodicy wrastlin' match.

Wealthy and prominant people might propose that God blesses those who are faithful.

I'm successful, therefore I'm faithful. You're not successful, therefore you must be disobedient.(See Job)

Now a blue-collar view might question this ideology.

Perhaps there is another "power" at work. Perhaps there is an evil force responsible for all the bad things in life, and this force corrupts the minds of people. This brings us up to the time of Jesus, infuenced by Persian and Greek dualism.

We see new explanations develop as older models fail.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#441038 Feb 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't even guess how many or if any have been "saved" through Topix.
I also doubt if very many have left the faith because of Topix unless doubts had already existed.
I dare say that the number is fairly high for those that Topix has probably re-affirmed their decision in leaving. That has been the case for me and I know others have said the same thing.
Some of what you see here in this land called Topix...some of us saw face-to-face during our walk in the Christian faith. Did that in itself cause us to leave...no...but it did play a role for some of us.
non-hackers

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#441039 Feb 1, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you are placing it into that context, since the Jewish title for their writings isn't Bible. Had I called the Tanakh, tome instead, then you might have something to contest here, instead, your intentions are transparent. Apparently it is you projecting and convicting. Nice, but not correct. That is thinking it through. Do your own homework.
LOL *snort*

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#441040 Feb 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove your God exists then we will have something to discuss.
you can't disprove... fact

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#441041 Feb 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Meaning what exactly? That you believe in non-existent sky fairies?
I know who are the fairies on here...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#441042 Feb 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bible is your assertion, I asked for evidence. You cannot use the assertion as the evidence.
you don't believe the evidence...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#441043 Feb 1, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Who needs authority to assemble teachings in a written form? The word was already around and some was in writing, the NT canonization simply organized what was already there, the person or group who "ordered" it is a matter of record.
I would think that something so important as the "word of God" should have someone's authority...many claim that authority came from God. Those who organized it also had the discretion to include or exclude based on their own personal desires...or needs.

While a Christian...I never gave much thought to who divided it in to chapter and verse...placing commas and periods where they thought they should go. We all know that a misplaced comma can completely change the meaning.

Some verses will end before a sentence does...if one just reads a single verse and not the complete passage...once again you run the risk of changing the meaning.

Just saying...I think anyone who reads should be concerned about how that Bible ended up being presented as it has been. Can't recall the name but there has been a Bible released without chapters and verses in an attempt to take it back to a more like image of the original documents.

I read in one reference that it was divided as it has been for easier referencing and to make it easier to memorize Bible verses...at the risk of altering its original meaning.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#441044 Feb 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
That's not what you were supposed to say. Despicable!
<3
Yeah well... I'm trying to be a gentleman :p
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#441045 Feb 1, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
So, does that mean you are finally ready to accept the Goddess Mother Nature and all that she gave birth to?
It's easy to think of the Earth as a mother, who the Greeks called Gaia.
Any gardener knows soil brings forth life - like a mother. It also feeds her children.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#441046 Feb 1, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you don't believe the evidence...
Well, where is the evidence? So far only assertions have been presented. So where's your evidence?

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#441048 Feb 1, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL *snort*
X Don't make me 're-think' your 'Brilliance'...:) Despite my being tag teamed... i like u.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#441049 Feb 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do you approve of the burning and hanging of "witches?" Do you approve of the efforts of your three brothers in christ who broke into my home? Do you approve of the efforts of your other brothers in christ who blew up and burned down womens' health centers?"
kait - an empahatic and categoric NO, NO AND NO!!!
i've said this all before so why do you continue to stereotype me and be bigoted against me & all of christianity???
Maybe it has to do with you falsely accusing all of us murdering a man 2000 years ago.

You are lunatic and a liar and no one in their right mind believes a God damned word you type.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441050 Feb 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
once & for all, w_n - YOU DON'T GET TO DEFINE WHAT 'GOOD' IS;..
NEITHER DO YOU OR YOUR RELIGION.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#441051 Feb 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
There are still people roaming the face of the Earth that can't handle the truth that the bible is evidence, creation, is also!!! so hear are my choices..(a) Is it just being hard headed?(b) misinformed?(c) uneducated on christian faith,(d) unknowing?(e) not wanting to admit they are on the dumb side,(f) All of the above! Just a little hint its ((E))

Bro. Clownie = Teacher,Life Coach,Sensei,Master,

“"None shall pass"”

There

#441052 Feb 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad irony is that likely ... neither of us will get to see the other realize what is after life, because there is zero evidence that anything happens after death.
I have suspisions of an "existence" after death. It is nothing like religions claim though.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#441053 Feb 1, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just not familiar with the history of your religion at all, eh?
You realize that many here know that you are the one lying, right?
there are many religions and have been many regimes throughout history. my faith is based on nothing les then Jesus' Blood and Righteousness.

are you familiar at all with the brutal history of your humankind? if so, why not run as fast as you can to the Savior? it ain't gonna go well for you if you don't....

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#441054 Feb 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it has to do with you falsely accusing all of us murdering a man 2000 years ago.
You are lunatic and a liar and no one in their right mind believes a God damned word you type.
Ye ole vile demon...
Rosa Winkel

Brookvale, Australia

#441056 Feb 1, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ability to LIVE on Topix is THE definition of retardation. Lay off the sauce.
STOMP!
Sehr gut, Stomper. So...what r u doing on Topix again?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#441057 Feb 1, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
There are still people roaming the face of the Earth that can't handle the truth that the bible is evidence, creation, is also!!! so hear are my choices..(a) Is it just being hard headed?(b) misinformed?(c) uneducated on christian faith,(d) unknowing?(e) not wanting to admit they are on the dumb side,(f) All of the above! Just a little hint its ((E))
Bro. Clownie = Teacher,Life Coach,Sensei,Master,
The bible is not evidence, it's that simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 24 min Drumpfs Nazi speech 17,277
Black women White men Dating Site (May '14) 2 hr lovekiki 13
Is Dwayne Johnson The Rock a real man ? (Aug '14) 3 hr unserve username 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr lil whispers 619,708
-----1-World 'MARK' Closer / POPE & U.N. ----- 4 hr News July 2017 1
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 5 hr Pbjmummy32 36
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr Robert F 683,926
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr Aerobatty 983,250
More from around the web