“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#440709 Jan 31, 2013
I like the way "redactor" is used. It isn't PC to call it fraud and forgery. <smile>
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I do.
I think whether an earlier source was used is not especially relevant -- and impossible to know. But I know "Luke" was a sophisticated writer and likely would not have carried the 1st person plural pronouns over from the earlier source or inserted them himself.
The effort is too clumsy for that writer. Ehrman admits it is a clumsy effort but, in essence, says that is irrelevant because the effort succeeded.
I think it is relevant and suggests a clumsy redactor, similar to the redactor(s) who -- successfully -- added the jumble of 1rst and 3rd person, as well as singular and plural 1st person narrative to John 21:24-5. We *know* that was a late addition by a clumsy redactor that was successful.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#440712 Jan 31, 2013
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
Hello,
Hot nymphs, Irish vagabonds, Vidorian legends, Chess-playing jurists, Catholic pugilists, Hip Diagnoses, Spiritual guides, wolves, witches, and dumb-ass Christer snitches, how is everything in the hippest, coolest, most Xcntric, most eclectic, most electric, most ridiculous, meticulous, vertiginous, solicitous, ambiguous, solicitous, religulous thread on the tubes? I see WINLAC's little mascot, Beijar's Beyotch, is still wandering and waxing poetically about how he has to spend so much time worrying about how much time he has to spend so much time worrying about how much time he has to spend so much time worrying about how much time mac nymphs.
Same as it ever was.
Ussins is doin' good. You?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#440714 Jan 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you smoking dope with Clownie again ?
Damned Clowns. Can't trust them.
what if i am, DOG?
you know why the 'man' keeps it listed as a class A narcotic and illegal, right? because it's a plant which can't be controlled by the pharmicudical industry for obscene profits....DUH!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#440717 Jan 31, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That's exactly what it says.
Check your references.
It says no such thing.

Ecc 1: Everything Is Meaningless...
Ecc 2: Pleasures Are Meaningless...
Ecc 3: A Time for Everything...
Ecc 4: Oppression, Toil, Friendlessness...

You're slipping a bit, Mac.
Sad day when Clownie can best you.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#440719 Jan 31, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect the original author is not the fraud -- in this instance. Not that it matters much, given his willingness to swipe earlier sources,....
Which he readily admits in his opening lines.

I admire his candor on that.

"Hey Theo! I have been hearing those stories, too. Here is a bunch of them that are being circulated here to show you that similar stories are being spread here as well."

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#440720 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>Cheers! Howzit?
Life is wonderful. All you have to do is help make it that way and 'ZAP!', there it is.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#440721 Jan 31, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
You: I don't believe in spirits, but I believe in Jesus and He believed in spirits.
Me: What part of retard are you?
He did ?

Please cite.

When did I say I beleive in ghosts ?

Please cite.

"what part of retard are you ?" ????
Sounds like something an uneducated person would post.....and it is!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#440722 Jan 31, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what if i am, DOG?
you know why the 'man' keeps it listed as a class A narcotic and illegal, right? because it's a plant which can't be controlled by the pharmicudical industry for obscene profits....DUH!
Hey! If you want to smoke crack, go ahead.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#440723 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>Hey, Flintstones vs. Jetsons! Hah!
Mac is a little further into the past than I am on that one. I say Flintstones in a Jetsons world. He has to be all historical and stuff. Sheesh.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#440724 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>I think you are important. You're a human. You're much more important than invisible friends. Wait, you're invisible. Haha.
Okay, now I'm confused. Am I important or not? It isn't really necessary that I know, but I'd like to.

There are 5 little grandchildren and 1 little grandchild who think I'm just more important than hot grits on a cold morning, but I need a stranger to tell me why I'm important.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#440725 Jan 31, 2013
1 little GREAT grandchild..

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#440726 Jan 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! If you want to smoke crack, go ahead.
umm....since when is crack a plant?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#440727 Jan 31, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
R U on some sort of speed?
Do you know how to write in anything but txt msg verbiage?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#440728 Jan 31, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
I must of hit a nerve, you've posted me three times in a row...Hhhmmm, now you insult me?
All you had to say was no...:) Have a nice evening...
It is a fundie trait to say that you must have hit a nerve or that people are obsessed with you because they answer your posts.

The entire purpose of Topix is for people to write something, then have others respond. Yet you take it as a victory when someone answers one of your inane posts more than once.

It's a victory of nothing, but you'll take it because real life sucks so badly for you that you can't get anyone to answer you even once in the world in which you actually have to live. Anonymity is such a blessing for those like you.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#440729 Jan 31, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know difference between Predatory Capitalism as sunscrine to US corporatism (as oppose to good/fair capitalism) that is antithesis to Democracy and its very principles?(I'm not against Capitalism just Predatory Capitalism). But you know about US NEocons/US war-for-profiteers/US fed/US wqall Street Govt ... are predatory Capitalists like Bush & Co haliburton/US war/oil -for -profiteering , US macroeconomic war globally etc., that had ruined the American economic and financial wellbeing and world economies, and this had incite further growth and rollback of enemies worldwide because US invade them for raw resources...and had created US police astate, ruined US civil liberties and US war debt in trtillion US Dollars year on year is Bankrupting US financially and morally.
Who is phillonic ansd Augustenian?
No hippie here!
This post proves one thing: You can absorb and vomit out the indoctrinal things you read/hear, but have no clue about anything else.

Philonic. One 'l', not two. Look up Philonic Judaism. Then look up Augustinian Christianity in America. Maybe you can un-muddy the waters of your mind just long enough to understand a conversation.

Also look up English Grammar 101. It does not start with 'R U'. And yes, I'm a purist trying to save the English language from fools who mostly communicate by cell phone and have no real conversations, nor do they write in any intelligible literary form.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#440730 Jan 31, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>i see they put fear into you... I had been on topix for over 5 year plus on topic about wars , as long you talk about sensitive issues. So, you still chickenhawk?
Sarcasm! U have excuse me for sense of humor!:)....
That's not a sense of humor. It's the normal fundie barb that only fundies think is funny because they do not have the intelligence to actually make a joke. Well, except of themselves.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#440731 Jan 31, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
You: I don't believe in spirits, but I believe in Jesus and He believed in spirits.
Me: What part of retard are you?
Holly Shirt! You are one fecked up dweeb.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#440732 Jan 31, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm....since when is crack a plant?
You really don't know what crack is, do you ?

Here, let me enlighten you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca

BTW, Opium is a plant, too.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#440733 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>Could you repeat that in a literate tone, please?
No. He/she can only use AOLspeak in run-on, illiterate, fudie-esque. He/she approves of capitalism as long as it meets his/her criteria. If he/she lives in the US and voted for those in office now, he/she is much of the problem but will berate you for your type of capitalism.

It's amazing that those who vote in their own self disinterest are always the most illiterate and ignorant, and the most divisive of persons. They will march on an abortion clinic to which their beloved preacher snuck his daughter into because he couldn't live with the embarrassment of her pregnancy. They will march with tea party signs that beg for smaller government while carrying a sign in the other that says 'Leave Medicaid alone'.

They are usually those who wouldn't know how to use capitalism in their own lives to make it out of the trailer park, but are angry that others have and condemn them while coveting their goods against all that Jesus taught.

These are the types of Christians of whom all should be wary, for they will steal what you have while telling you how bad capitalism is.

None of this is to say that I believe that dishonesty or stealing from those who have less wits or goods. But without capitalism, they would still be stuck digging up dry ground with a homemade hoe to plant crops that they have to pray over in order to eat because they haven't embraced either capitalism or science.

Am I too outspoken? Someone said recently that I was 'being mean' when I told them to check e-mail rumors before repeating them as fact, and gave them the facts with which to make a decision as to whether they were being led like sheep or whether they had the mind to do research. They told me they aren't required to do research. That's correct. They can make an ass of themselves any time they like. I'll always give them the actual facts whether they like it or not or whether they deem research before reprinting lies is necessary. I'll keep 'being mean' like that for the rest of my life if it helps a single person learn to think before speaking or typing lies and nonsense.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#440734 Jan 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Since Luke/Acts is presented as a collection of "tales told" there would be nothing unusual about differing styles with in it. IMHO it lends more to the credibility of the author's preface in each book.
One might think that so, but Luke's author took the material and made it his own. Witness his transformation of Mark's crude Greek to the rather sophisticated prose presented in Luke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Buck Crick 739,003
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min pusherman_ 542,225
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Thinking 227,452
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min JudgeNJury 259,297
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay 9 min andet1987 3
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 17 min New Age Spiritual... 601,062
Zopiclone and Diaz (Oct '13) 18 min pete 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Catcher1 173,663
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••