“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#440560 Jan 30, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
You know what math is?
water-nymph averaged 36.5 posts a day... for SIX YEARS...
xcntrik inVidor averages 38.5 posts a day... for SEVEN YEARS...
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch averages 37.7 posts a day for TWO AND A HALF YEARS...
each and every day... each and every year...
look around you...
welcome to your future...
Except for the days we don't post. Then we have to make up for that the next time we post so you can keep count.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#440561 Jan 30, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
I got to get as many posts out of this as possible. I'm falling behind in the count.
Read on.
Yeah, you're way behind me, X and others. You should really try to keep up.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#440562 Jan 30, 2013
send me no wine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi.
You wrote that if a person chooses not to believe in the bible then it is futile to even discuss it.
Are you familiar with the canonization of both the NT and OT?
For instance, why are there many Hebrew scriptual writings not included in the tanakh and why are there many scriptual christian writings not included in the tome one falsely labels "the new testament"?
Hi! and you are?:)..Sorry it too so long to get back, respectfully, I do have a life outside of topix... Lol
To answer your question, Yes, I am familiar with both, some debate over the actual times they were completed. It appears that both omit scriptural readings for reasons that relate to the times they were written as well as the message that they were trying to relate to their audience. I find it interesting that you mention the NT and OT, but deliberately avoid using the title of Bible. Are you seeking answers or arguments?:)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#440563 Jan 30, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I'll proudly bear that age reference. I am glad to have lived long enough to see my children grown, two grandchildren grown (well, of age anyway) and one great grandchild born. If my grandchildren see as much change in the world and as much improvement, I'll be happy and wish I could see it all too.
Old age ain't for sissies, but it is wonderful.
Well "Glass Houses" came out in 1980 and "movin on" was released in 1977 so I was dating myself as well.It was said good-naturedly. Heck if I died tomorrow I still come out ahead. I have had a pretty good run even with the bad times. Its all gravy now. Have a good one
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#440564 Jan 30, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>great funny post p-o-p!!!!
one word is not post
you dumb butt

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#440565 Jan 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, it's not the original.
I'll translate it any way I want.
Everybody else does.
I know I do.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#440566 Jan 30, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
To me there is nothing more idiotic than white people pretending to be black, dumb people pretending to be smart, straight people pretending to be gay, christians pretending to be atheists, fools pretending to be wise, etc.,...
You are the personification of idiocy.
Figger that, figger.
Aaaw, did ya poop yer pants agin?
Don't ya jist wish ya could be like me lil fella? Don't ya worry yerself none. Someday (might be a couple hundred years 'er so) that lil' acorn on yer shoulders will git ta absorb someth'n useful besides hate. Til then, jist wrap yer wet bobby pullups real tight on it til it softens up nuff.
Maybe we could tie a porkchop on yer neck so the dog will play with ya in the meantime. Would that make snookums happy?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#440567 Jan 30, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I do.
I think whether an earlier source was used is not especially relevant -- and impossible to know. But I know "Luke" was a sophisticated writer and likely would not have carried the 1st person plural pronouns over from the earlier source or inserted them himself.
The effort is too clumsy for that writer. Ehrman admits it is a clumsy effort but, in essence, says that is irrelevant because the effort succeeded.
I think it is relevant and suggests a clumsy redactor, similar to the redactor(s) who -- successfully -- added the jumble of 1rst and 3rd person, as well as singular and plural 1st person narrative to John 21:24-5. We *know* that was a late addition by a clumsy redactor that was successful.
I see the point that what is significant is that it worked, and still works today, for Sunday School Christians.

It would change an aspect of Acts if it was edited. It would mean that the original author never intended to commit fraud. Given that there is no 1st person inserted into Luke or much of Acts, I'd say it is certainly plausible.

Could it be an attempt to make Luke the author? That would be about the third quarter of the second century, eh?

Columbus, OH

#440568 Jan 30, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, you're way behind me, X and others. You should really try to keep up.
I'm giving it my all.

And I'm gonna spend all night at it.

Oooo. The new issue of Spider-Man.

Location hidden

#440569 Jan 30, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
But, all you've achieved so far is third-string Topix back-up player on a dead-end thread going nowhere... fast.
Kudos.
Momma must be proud!
WHAT?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#440570 Jan 30, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's Billy Joel?
Sorry so late getting back to ya as I am sure from the other posts you have an idea now but a pretty popular rock and roll singer from the 80's and 90's. I dont know if he is still around now. i havent followed him for a while now. but has at least a dozen of what I would consider 'classics' Piano Man may be his most well-known(T) Peace
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#440571 Jan 30, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Except for the days we don't post. Then we have to make up for that the next time we post so you can keep count.
there is not worthy speck of salt
all your posts posted past 3 years

you didn't achieve anything,nor change it anything.

Spiritual things today are more stronger and more closser to Jesus Christ as 3 years ago

you only deadly damaged your inside life not able to earaze before Gods Judgemnt
you have not to much time left,also prepare yourselves to drink cup of death,bitterness,dissaapointme nt and death complete inhalation forgotten story of your poor earthly creature life

whole assembly of God in heavens are very sad and pitty you? as one more creature of this earth to be waist as Universe useless dumpster

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#440572 Jan 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Aaaw, did ya poop yer pants agin?
Don't ya jist wish ya could be like me lil fella? Don't ya worry yerself none. Someday (might be a couple hundred years 'er so) that lil' acorn on yer shoulders will git ta absorb someth'n useful besides hate. Til then, jist wrap yer wet bobby pullups real tight on it til it softens up nuff.
Maybe we could tie a porkchop on yer neck so the dog will play with ya in the meantime. Would that make snookums happy?
Hello BT,:) How have you been? I haven't come up with any interesting Physic questions as of yet. Have you ever studied on the variety of 'Galaxy Morphologies?'... I hope I have the correct poster, it looks as though you may have changed your Avavtar.. SL :)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#440573 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry so late getting back to ya as I am sure from the other posts you have an idea now but a pretty popular rock and roll singer from the 80's and 90's. I dont know if he is still around now. i havent followed him for a while now. but has at least a dozen of what I would consider 'classics' Piano Man may be his most well-known(T) Peace
Thank you for taking the time to reply...:) SL

Columbus, OH

#440574 Jan 30, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the point that what is significant is that it worked, and still works today, for Sunday School Christians.
It would change an aspect of Acts if it was edited. It would mean that the original author never intended to commit fraud. Given that there is no 1st person inserted into Luke or much of Acts, I'd say it is certainly plausible.
Could it be an attempt to make Luke the author? That would be about the third quarter of the second century, eh?
I suspect the original author is not the fraud -- in this instance. Not that it matters much, given his willingness to swipe earlier sources, such as Mark, and modify them at will.

It is just my sense he was a better fraud than this particular instance demonstrates, and with his credibility riding on acceptance or rejection of this ruse, I don't see him picking these passages as places to cut corners.

So yes. These passages probably were aimed by a redactor to bolster Luke's connection with Paul.

I'm not sure on the timeline. I think Irenaeus is citing this gospel as Luke's work by roughly then, so probably no later than then.

Location hidden

#440575 Jan 30, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Paragraph one describes a nursing home.
Change paragraph two as follows:
I'm sure many on here are retarded, possibly deranged, posting from a PC that is slow, or even living off the taxpayer. Most are more home-bound.
Paragraph three: It matters that someone occasionally points out their sucky lives to them in hopes of breaking this addiction to Topix. Escape while you can.
WHAT?

Location hidden

#440576 Jan 30, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
You know what math is?
water-nymph averaged 36.5 posts a day... for SIX YEARS...
xcntrik inVidor averages 38.5 posts a day... for SEVEN YEARS...
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch averages 37.7 posts a day for TWO AND A HALF YEARS...
each and every day... each and every year...
look around you...
welcome to your future...
WHAT?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#440577 Jan 30, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
there is not worthy speck of salt
all your posts posted past 3 years
you didn't achieve anything,nor change it anything.
Spiritual things today are more stronger and more closser to Jesus Christ as 3 years ago
you only deadly damaged your inside life not able to earaze before Gods Judgemnt
you have not to much time left,also prepare yourselves to drink cup of death,bitterness,dissaapointme nt and death complete inhalation forgotten story of your poor earthly creature life
whole assembly of God in heavens are very sad and pitty you? as one more creature of this earth to be waist as Universe useless dumpster
Thanks for sharing, Christian.

Location hidden

#440578 Jan 30, 2013
send me no wine wrote:
<quoted text> Here's my 3 cent opinion:
The conceptof "Fear" is good for some folks.
It keeps them in line.
WORKS ON PIGS AN CATTLE TOO.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#440579 Jan 30, 2013
Bah.
"Five years have past; five summers, with the length
Of five long winters! and again I hear
These waters, rolling from their mountain-springs
With a sweet inland murmur.ó
Once again
Do I behold these steep and lofty cliffs,
Which on a wild secluded scene impress
Thoughts of more deep seclusion; and connect
The landscape with the quiet of the sky.
The day is come when I again repose
Here, under this dark sycamore, and view
These plots of cottage-ground, these orchard-tufts,
Which, at this season, with their unripe fruits,
Among the woods and copses lose themselves,
Nor, with their green and simple hue, disturb
The wild green landscape. Once again I see
These hedge-rows, hardly hedge-rows, little lines
Of sportive wood run wild; these pastoral farms,
Green to the very door; and wreathes of smoke
Sent up, in silence, from among the trees,
With some uncertain notice, as might seem,
Of vagrant dwellers in the houseless woods,
Or of some hermit's cave, where by his fire
The hermit sits alone..."

- Wordsworth

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Rick in Kansas 265,104
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Aura Mytha 775,031
The Global Elites Are Moving Things Underground 11 min Miley 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min Peace_Warrior 604,991
End of the word game. (Dec '08) 45 min DesCant 1,401
GALAXY 'mega' logo on back of phone ALL WRONG 47 min Doctor REALITY 4
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min kent 559,395
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr The Awakener 175,608
More from around the web