Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#440503 Jan 30, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly fell apart quickly, Christian.
Ehrman's "Forgery" was a good recommendation. I found it a good read full of lots of info and persuasive arguments. A bit repetitive at times and at least one unpersuasive argument (the "we passages" in Acts), at least to me. Well worth the time spent on it.
send me no wine

Lansdowne, PA

#440504 Jan 30, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are illiterate. That's your problem.
<quoted text>
You too.
back to original post:
GENESIS: oldest text on the planet
www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVDFU98JOH...
You do know that there is no evidence of Hebrew writing prior to the 1st millenium BCE or at the earliest very late 2nd millenia BCE, aren't you?
send me no wine

Lansdowne, PA

#440505 Jan 30, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your kind words...
Alas, I can only speak for me. My Avatar in itself speaks volumes, so I don't need to talk about it to non-believers, or judge anyone who doesn't want to know Jesus.(It works for me)
I find a few on this thread to be 'Brilliant'. Some,(X-lol)could quote the Bible quicker than I could look it up...:)
I have learned that if a person chooses not to believe in the Bible, then it is futile to even discuss it. When I do speak, I try to speak from the heart. Trust me, they know the difference
If the greatest gift or all is 'Love' then that's how Christians are to be, regardless of the what anyone does back to them... God will take it from there.
ps. Some of my 'best friends' are devout Atheists/Agnostics,(my father is an Atheist) and I love them all, maybe even more than my 'Prayer Warrior's... I am a work in progress, and I try to practice what I preach... Judge less you be judged...
pss. I would be happy to discuss current issues with you though. As, I am always open to learning something new... Lol
Hi.

You wrote that if a person chooses not to believe in the bible then it is futile to even discuss it.

Are you familiar with the canonization of both the NT and OT?

For instance, why are there many Hebrew scriptual writings not included in the tanakh and why are there many scriptual christian writings not included in the tome one falsely labels "the new testament"?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#440506 Jan 30, 2013
Clownie the Encyclopedia knows everything that is pertinent to life on Earth. The All-Knowing Brain, All-Hearing Ear, All-Seeing Eye at your service. And, best of all, Clownie will give you freeloaders all the information you ever wanted, but were afraid to ask ... FREE of CHARGE! Now, hurry up and get saved ya hear >>>>>>> >

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#440507 Jan 30, 2013
send me no wine wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis is the oldest text on the planet?
If one is to believe that then the planet is still geocentric.
What say you?
Yes.

*sigh*

Ptolemaic minds in a Copernican world.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#440508 Jan 30, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your kind words...
Alas, I can only speak for me. My Avatar in itself speaks volumes, so I don't need to talk about it to non-believers, or judge anyone who doesn't want to know Jesus.(It works for me)
I find a few on this thread to be 'Brilliant'. Some,(X-lol)could quote the Bible quicker than I could look it up...:)
I have learned that if a person chooses not to believe in the Bible, then it is futile to even discuss it. When I do speak, I try to speak from the heart. Trust me, they know the difference
If the greatest gift or all is 'Love' then that's how Christians are to be, regardless of the what anyone does back to them... God will take it from there.
ps. Some of my 'best friends' are devout Atheists/Agnostics,(my father is an Atheist) and I love them all, maybe even more than my 'Prayer Warrior's... I am a work in progress, and I try to practice what I preach... Judge less you be judged...
pss. I would be happy to discuss current issues with you though. As, I am always open to learning something new... Lol
sister - i can't argue a single word you said; i have said the same things. the only problem i have is that i love to discuss spiritual matters and it's much more interesting doing it with unbelievers than it is with believers. i like to be challenged and i like to mix it up......so sue me:)

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#440509 Jan 30, 2013
He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever. He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him. As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us" (Psalm 103:9-12).

The Borderland of Sol

#440510 Jan 30, 2013
send me no wine wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that there is no evidence of Hebrew writing prior to the 1st millenium BCE or at the earliest very late 2nd millenia BCE, aren't you?
I'm stickin' with the Sumerian/Akkadian bilngual writing period, 3rd to 4th millenium BCE.

One really wishes that those who speak in absolutes would just check before hitting "enter".

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#440511 Jan 30, 2013
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Romans 3:24).

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us" (Romans 8:1, 33, 34).

GET SAVED

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#440512 Jan 30, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you really don't need one. a PC nazi just has to enter a room and the smugness that eminates from them immediately gives them away;)
I see.

That certainly explains a lot.

Thanks.

Can I have a costume if I want one?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#440513 Jan 30, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ehrman's "Forgery" was a good recommendation. I found it a good read full of lots of info and persuasive arguments. A bit repetitive at times and at least one unpersuasive argument (the "we passages" in Acts), at least to me. Well worth the time spent on it.
If I remeber correctly, didn't he propose that the "we, inserts could have been intended to convince readers that the author had been a first generation pal of Paul's, to give authority to the writing?

'member, I read the mainstream book, not the one you read.

The Borderland of Sol

#440514 Jan 30, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Romans 3:24).
"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us" (Romans 8:1, 33, 34).
GET SAVED
"[3]Be ye therefore kind to those other who come to dwell among ye, and affright them not, nor abuse them for their unbelief.[4] For it may come to be that ye may also travel amongst them, and be yourselves the unbelievers." - Ecc 1:4.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#440515 Jan 30, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am okay with not knowing anything.
You're very good at it

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#440516 Jan 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"[3]Be ye therefore kind to those other who come to dwell among ye, and affright them not, nor abuse them for their unbelief.[4] For it may come to be that ye may also travel amongst them, and be yourselves the unbelievers." - Ecc 1:4.
Mark 16:15

He said to them,Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

The Borderland of Sol

#440517 Jan 30, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
He also said: "If they don't want it, wipe yer shoes and bugger off elsewhere."

Or something like that.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#440518 Jan 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"[3]Be ye therefore kind to those other who come to dwell among ye, and affright them not, nor abuse them for their unbelief.[4] For it may come to be that ye may also travel amongst them, and be yourselves the unbelievers." - Ecc 1:4.
Ecc 1-4 don't say that mac ... check and re-post

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#440519 Jan 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>He also said: "If they don't want it, wipe yer shoes and bugger off elsewhere."
Or something like that.
I can't get my shoe in my monitor

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#440520 Jan 30, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
That certainly explains a lot.
Thanks.
Can I have a costume if I want one?
sure you can dude, i don't pretend to make up those rules! altho, i may be able to offer some advice:

instead of the out-dated & old fasioned cape, today's pretentious & self-asserting 'brilliant' PC nazi's seem to be wearing bow ties at formal events and they arrive in prius'. knock yourself out!;)

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#440521 Jan 30, 2013
Being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. By the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. So by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous" (Romans 5:1, 9, 18, 19).

Get SAVED
YOU WON'T REGRET IT

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#440522 Jan 30, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
Something about this verse that I never thought about before...all creation. That would include animals...trees...rocks...wate r...

Don't let us hold you back clownie...go preach to all those buffalo down the street. They are a captive audience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dihydrocodeine Can you buy online. ?? (Jan '14) 5 min pete 11
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min ROCCO 739,575
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Seraphima 542,569
FIFA 15 Working Keys 8 min Posnez 1
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 9 min Isb 849
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 10 min yon 3,105
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min Aura Mytha 227,525
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min Charlie Sheen 259,525
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 601,093
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr Joana 150

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••