“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#440489 Jan 30, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's Billy Joel?
He's a guy I met in an Italian Resuraunt on 52nd Street a long, long time ago.

Contrary to what you may have heard, we didn't start the fire.

At least not that one.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#440490 Jan 30, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what math is?
water-nymph averages 36.5 posts a day...
xcntrik inVidor averages 38.5 posts a day
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch averages 37.7 posts a day
each and every day...
look around you...
welcome to your future...
Your reasoning might hold more credibility except for one forgotten fact...you respond to a lot of their posts. You are unregistered and have used different names so there is no way of knowing what your post count would be...maybe even higher than theirs.

Believe it or not...there are higher averages out here than the three you listed...a few well over 100 daily. Maybe in my opinion that is more than a bit excessive but hey...I am not paying for their internet so how they choose to use it is not my concern.

It is no concern of mine who you were...who you are...who you will be nor how many times that you post but...

Don't you find it a bit ironic that you point out how many times a day someone posts...you reply to many of them...then turn around and spend your off Topix time trying to investigate them?

I have to wonder who is obsessed.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#440492 Jan 30, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a guy I met in an Italian Resuraunt on 52nd Street a long, long time ago.
Contrary to what you may have heard, we didn't start the fire.
At least not that one.
Oh okay.... Lol.
About the fire... Ssshhh, I was there remember, but I won't tell anyone...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#440493 Jan 30, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Just saying, you can attract more bee's with honey then, well you know...
Without compromising my beliefs, I have learned a lot 'here' from non-believer's. Some Christians can be downright hateful as well. I just don't insist they see it my way, unless they ask...
sweetheart, you couldn't be more correct!:)

i'm always trying to do whatever to have some objective dialogue around Christ. but, since Christ is Thee ultimate litmus test between Goodness & evil/truth & darkness, sometimes just my saying "hi" will bring the demons to the surface in some. truth is truly stranger than fiction in this respect and it never ceases to amaze me:)

regarding trying different approaches with the Gospel message, Jesus said; "we tried playing a joyfull tune & you would not dance, so we tried playing a funeral durge and you would not weep" (my paraphrase)

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#440494 Jan 30, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Paragraph one describes a nursing home.
Change paragraph two as follows:
I'm sure many on here are retarded, possibly deranged, posting from a PC that is slow, or even living off the taxpayer. Most are more home-bound.
Paragraph three: It matters that someone occasionally points out their sucky lives to them in hopes of breaking this addiction to Topix. Escape while you can.
Great idea...after you leave, maybe I'll leave...
Goodbye!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#440495 Jan 30, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I get a costume?
No capes!
you really don't need one. a PC nazi just has to enter a room and the smugness that eminates from them immediately gives them away;)

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#440496 Jan 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot one:
KittenKoder averages 20 posts in 10 minutes.
It's called high speed internet.
I've recently been informed that I make 20 posts per minute...lol.
send me no wine

Lansdowne, PA

#440498 Jan 30, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
There's no such thing as 'used to be' a christian. Either you're saved right now,or you've NEVER been saved.
One can sum this up in just 2 words:

"CULTIST PROPOGANDA"!
send me no wine

Lansdowne, PA

#440499 Jan 30, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'ever have a drunk uncle or aunt who always has to make a scene at family gatherings?
That's our dusty.
Now my opinion, which is without value, is that for some Christians their belief system is based entirely on fear, it was a primary part of their indoctrination. They worry about their own salvation and the passing of someone close forces them to look at their own mortality. In doing so, they see their possible future, painted by fire-and-brimstone preachers, and this fear is expressed as we have seen here over the past few days.
They worship a god of judgment, not a god of mercy.
Both can be found in the Christian Bible.
I heard or read a wise person say it like this: Some worship the god of the Gospel of Mark, some the god of Revelation. One can pick either one, but not both. Don't remember who said it.
Kudos for trying.
Here's my 3 cent opinion:
The conceptof "Fear" is good for some folks.
It keeps them in line.
send me no wine

Lansdowne, PA

#440500 Jan 30, 2013
socci wrote:
Babylon and the Bible
by Professor Walter J. Veith, PhD
Two hundred years ago, scholars doubted whether Babylon ever existed. The only record could be found in the Bible. Critics used the story of Babylon, and what they called its "non-historic kings," to discount Scripture. However, Babylon was discovered and excavated in 1898.
We know today that Babylon was one of the first cities in the world, and founded by Nimrod, great-grandson of Noah (Genesis 10:9-10). Archaeologists have found his name on many inscriptions and tablets, while a massive head of Nimrod has been excavated near Calah on the Tigris River.
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_arc...
Sumeria is located in the Land of Kish (Kush or Cush) founded by son of Noah's son Ham.
"Kish was occupied beginning in the Jemdet Nasr period (3100 BC), gaining prominence as one of the pre-eminent powers in the region during the early dynastic period.
The Sumerian king list states that it was the first city to have kings following the deluge, beginning with Jushur."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kish_%28Sumer%29
"Cush, son of Ham. The Empire of Kush to the south of Egypt is known from at least 1970 BC, but this name has also been associated by some with the Kassites who inhabited the Zagros area of Mesopotamia, the Sumerian city of Kish in the Land of Kish."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Noah#Ham...
"The Sumerian Kish, the first city established in Mesopotamia after the Flood, took its name from the man known in the Bible as Cush. The first kingdom established after the Flood was Kish, and the name "Kish" appears often on clay tablets. The early post-Flood Sumerian king lists say that "kingship descended from heaven to Kish" after the Flood."
continues:
http://davelivingston.com/nimrod.htm
http://www.noahs-ark.tv/noahs-ark-flood-creat...
Interesting.

You wrote that Ham, the son of Noah, founded the land of Sumer.
Could I safely then conclude that Noah and Ziusudra are one and the same?

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#440501 Jan 30, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sweetheart, you couldn't be more correct!:)
i'm always trying to do whatever to have some objective dialogue around Christ. but, since Christ is Thee ultimate litmus test between Goodness & evil/truth & darkness, sometimes just my saying "hi" will bring the demons to the surface in some. truth is truly stranger than fiction in this respect and it never ceases to amaze me:)
regarding trying different approaches with the Gospel message, Jesus said; "we tried playing a joyfull tune & you would not dance, so we tried playing a funeral durge and you would not weep" (my paraphrase)
Thank you for your kind words...
Alas, I can only speak for me. My Avatar in itself speaks volumes, so I don't need to talk about it to non-believers, or judge anyone who doesn't want to know Jesus.(It works for me)
I find a few on this thread to be 'Brilliant'. Some,(X-lol)could quote the Bible quicker than I could look it up...:)

I have learned that if a person chooses not to believe in the Bible, then it is futile to even discuss it. When I do speak, I try to speak from the heart. Trust me, they know the difference

If the greatest gift or all is 'Love' then that's how Christians are to be, regardless of the what anyone does back to them... God will take it from there.

ps. Some of my 'best friends' are devout Atheists/Agnostics,(my father is an Atheist) and I love them all, maybe even more than my 'Prayer Warrior's... I am a work in progress, and I try to practice what I preach... Judge less you be judged...

pss. I would be happy to discuss current issues with you though. As, I am always open to learning something new... Lol
send me no wine

Lansdowne, PA

#440502 Jan 30, 2013
socci wrote:
----------
GENESIS: oldest text on the planet
In recent years a much better insight into the origin of Genesis has emerged. As ancient Near Eastern libraries have been unearthed and their contents deciphered, many insights into biblical times have been gained. In particular, tablets from before the time of Moses in the area of Mesopotamia (where Abraham hailed from) were noted to frequently contain a colophon Ė a formula of sorts, at the close of the tablet. This is similar to modern customs of ending a letter with a formula like "Sincerely yours,(Name)".
Often these tablets were family records or king-lists giving the ancestry of a person. The Hebrew term for generations is toledoth. These tablets would contain a colophon describing who had written the tablet or whose history it recorded. Scholars recognized that these colophons were similar in structure to toledoth phrases in Genesis:
1) "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created." (Genesis 2:4)
2) "This is the book of the generations of Adam." (Genesis 5:1)
3) "These are the generations of Noah." (Genesis 6:9)
4) "Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth." (Genesis 10:1)
5) "These are the generations of Shem." (Genesis 11:10)
6) "Now these are the generations of Terah." (Genesis 11:27)
7) "And these are the generations of Isaac, Abraham's son." (Genesis 25:19)
8) "This is the account of Abraham's son Ishmael." (Genesis 25:12)
9) "This is the account of Esau (that is, Edom)." (Genesis 36:1)
10) "These are the generations of Jacob." (Genesis 37:2)
The implication of these colophons in Genesis is that they separate Genesis into distinct source documents each dating from the period of the person named in them. These source documents were handed down from father to son until the time of Moses, when they were edited together to form the book of Genesis under divine inspiration. In almost every case the logical author for each document would be the person named in the colophon itself. The statements immediately following each colophon would be the beginning of the next tablet; for example, Genesis 2:4 reads "When the LORD God made the earth and the heavensÖ" beginning Adamís story.
http://www.rae.org/FAQ09.htm
http://www.trueorigin.org/tablet.asp
http://www.dtl.org/bible/ng-post/gilgamesh.ht...
http://www.specialtyinterests.net/Toledoth.ht...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiseman_hypothes...
(video)
http://archive.org/details/WhoWroteTheBookOfG...
Genesis is the oldest text on the planet?

If one is to believe that then the planet is still geocentric.

What say you?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#440503 Jan 30, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly fell apart quickly, Christian.
Ehrman's "Forgery" was a good recommendation. I found it a good read full of lots of info and persuasive arguments. A bit repetitive at times and at least one unpersuasive argument (the "we passages" in Acts), at least to me. Well worth the time spent on it.
send me no wine

Lansdowne, PA

#440504 Jan 30, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are illiterate. That's your problem.
<quoted text>
You too.
back to original post:
ē GENESIS: oldest text on the planet
www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVDFU98JOH...
You do know that there is no evidence of Hebrew writing prior to the 1st millenium BCE or at the earliest very late 2nd millenia BCE, aren't you?
send me no wine

Lansdowne, PA

#440505 Jan 30, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Alas, I can only speak for me. My Avatar in itself speaks volumes, so I don't need to talk about it to non-believers, or judge anyone who doesn't want to know Jesus.(It works for me)
I find a few on this thread to be 'Brilliant'. Some,(X-lol)could quote the Bible quicker than I could look it up...:)
I have learned that if a person chooses not to believe in the Bible, then it is futile to even discuss it. When I do speak, I try to speak from the heart. Trust me, they know the difference
If the greatest gift or all is 'Love' then that's how Christians are to be, regardless of the what anyone does back to them... God will take it from there.
ps. Some of my 'best friends' are devout Atheists/Agnostics,(my father is an Atheist) and I love them all, maybe even more than my 'Prayer Warrior's... I am a work in progress, and I try to practice what I preach... Judge less you be judged...
pss. I would be happy to discuss current issues with you though. As, I am always open to learning something new... Lol
Hi.

You wrote that if a person chooses not to believe in the bible then it is futile to even discuss it.

Are you familiar with the canonization of both the NT and OT?

For instance, why are there many Hebrew scriptual writings not included in the tanakh and why are there many scriptual christian writings not included in the tome one falsely labels "the new testament"?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#440506 Jan 30, 2013
Clownie the Encyclopedia knows everything that is pertinent to life on Earth. The All-Knowing Brain, All-Hearing Ear, All-Seeing Eye at your service. And, best of all, Clownie will give you freeloaders all the information you ever wanted, but were afraid to ask ... FREE of CHARGE! Now, hurry up and get saved ya hear >>>>>>> >

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#440507 Jan 30, 2013
send me no wine wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis is the oldest text on the planet?
If one is to believe that then the planet is still geocentric.
What say you?
Yes.

*sigh*

Ptolemaic minds in a Copernican world.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#440508 Jan 30, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
sister - i can't argue a single word you said; i have said the same things. the only problem i have is that i love to discuss spiritual matters and it's much more interesting doing it with unbelievers than it is with believers. i like to be challenged and i like to mix it up......so sue me:)

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#440509 Jan 30, 2013
He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever. He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him. As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us" (Psalm 103:9-12).

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#440510 Jan 30, 2013
send me no wine wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that there is no evidence of Hebrew writing prior to the 1st millenium BCE or at the earliest very late 2nd millenia BCE, aren't you?
I'm stickin' with the Sumerian/Akkadian bilngual writing period, 3rd to 4th millenium BCE.

One really wishes that those who speak in absolutes would just check before hitting "enter".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 5 min Mandela 36,919
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min truth 545,050
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Dally Mama 228,554
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 23 min ash666 28
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 25 min Wordsworth 4,596
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min Dally Mama 743,635
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 50 min MUQ1 260,188
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr mdbuilder 174,202
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr mike 601,413

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE