“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#440195 Jan 29, 2013
Owning Glyndwyr wrote:
<quoted text>No, actually. Saying there are no absolutes means truth can never be possible. Math has a lot of absolutes, and they are applicable to our world, absolutely. Death is another absolute. That your response to this post will be more vague, meaningless drivel is also an absolute.
posting from the library huh???? you're poor
Owning Glyndwyr

Anonymous Proxy

#440196 Jan 29, 2013
ness wrote:
<quoted text>another adhominem? where is out illustrious and self-appointed moderator when you need her?
Ah, selective prosecution. Figures. Pardon me, sir, your hypocrisy is showing.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#440197 Jan 29, 2013
Well I swing y and what do I find??? Juicy having her way with the rum dumb

“Headless Body in Topless Bar”

Hygiene, Colorado

#440198 Jan 29, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Skom, lol, I know, his pic just fully freaks me out...
Yes, you should run away far and fast when a man with a collar approaches. At the least you'll lose some dough, at the worst your innocence and sense of reality.

Hygiene, Colorado

#440199 Jan 29, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>posting from the library huh???? you're poor
You write that as if that is something that defines a person's character. Perhaps you really don't understand the teachings of Jesus. Please reconcile the passages below with your admonishment for a fellow human being for an alleged financial position of which you have no knowledge.

Matthew 25:34-46

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right,‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left,‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
knucker

Williamsburg, KY

#440200 Jan 29, 2013
Owning Glyndwyr wrote:
<quoted text>No, actually. Saying there are no absolutes means truth can never be possible. Math has a lot of absolutes, and they are applicable to our world, absolutely. Death is another absolute. That your response to this post will be more vague, meaningless drivel is also an absolute.
truth is never possible? everything is possible, not everything is possible in all places at all times.

i doubt you

Hygiene, Colorado

#440201 Jan 29, 2013
balaur wrote:
<quoted text>really, i've been coming and going for years here. you're not my first
Sorry, I don't roll that way.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#440202 Jan 29, 2013
Owning Glyndwyr wrote:
<quoted text> I am wholly convinced that religion either breeds crazy people or crazy people are drawn to religion.
Pssst, a thief believes everyone steals.~ E.W. Howe.
Owning said:

"...I am wholly convinced that religion either breeds crazy people or crazy people are drawn to religion.

Pssst, a thief believes everyone steals.~ E.W. Howe...."

Skom asks

Then wouldn't a crazy person think millions upon millions of people are all crazy? Either one calls it like it like they see it or one projects but it seems a little like hubris to claim dibs on the former while claiming others are engaging in the latter

You are obviously an intelligent guy but you doing a lot of generalizing. Even when comparing Christianity to Hindus the aggregate historical acts are still just the sum total of a small minority within the overall population of the group.

If you wanted to say there has been historically more violence linked to Christianity than the Hinduism that would be one thing, setting aside perhaps the possible subjective historical outlook. And i don't want that statement to detract from the main point. I am simply saying i am sure one could argue either if they were so inclined and have substantial evidence to do so. But to say Christians are more violent than Hindus means you are stereotyping both groups by their most violent minorities. That really is no different than suggesting all Muslims are terrorists. And i think most people would characterize that kind of statement as bigotry.

Just saying

(T) Peace
manasa

Williamsburg, KY

#440203 Jan 29, 2013
Owning Glyndwyr wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, selective prosecution. Figures. Pardon me, sir, your hypocrisy is showing.
emulating another is hypocrisy? i never accused you of being dropped on your head, or psychotic?

i simply wish to surmise how you deduced that a christian is more violent than a brahmin practicing hindu.

if that makes me a hypocrite, then i'm the epitomy of hypocrisy. it's called mirroring.

Hygiene, Colorado

#440204 Jan 29, 2013
hiintcabiit wrote:
<quoted text>
In Theosophy, Anthroposophy and Rosicrucianism, involution and evolution are part of a complex sequence of cosmic cycles, called Round. When the universe attains a stage of sufficient density, the individual spirit is able to descend and participate in the evolution. Involution thus refers to the incarnation of spirit in an already established matter, the necessary prerequiste of evolution:
Which means it is not the opposite of evolution, as you claimed.

When you copy from Wikipedia, Professor, you should attribute your source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Involution_ (esoterism)

What is most laughable is that you made a statement and tried to back it up,with an unattributed copy and past that refuted your statement. That's cute. I wouldn't recommend that down at the Five and Dime. Those good old boys will see right through that. Here, have a Coke and a smile. No, it's okay. It's the Mexican Coke, the one with real cane sugar and not the HFCS that seems to be gnawing away at your myelin sheath.

Hygiene, Colorado

#440205 Jan 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, "I never heard of it used in a context with the theory of evolution."
<smile>
I was in agreement. You're not used to that, are you? Haha.

Hygiene, Colorado

#440206 Jan 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't aware you had one. You seemed to be eclecticly posting.
And that would be a point, too, if you think about it. I think you may have just picked the wrong post of mine with that response. It was more apt for a subsequent post.
shen lung

Williamsburg, KY

#440207 Jan 29, 2013
Jorge W Arbusto wrote:
<quoted text>You write that as if that is something that defines a person's character. Perhaps you really don't understand the teachings of Jesus. Please reconcile the passages below with your admonishment for a fellow human being for an alleged financial position of which you have no knowledge.
Matthew 25:34-46
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right,‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left,‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
means you can't advance to the next level if you didn't meet, or exceed, the 75 percentile for the positive service to other.

Hygiene, Colorado

#440208 Jan 29, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
Why did they start stuffing them into green olives?
Because black olives taste like dirt.

Hygiene, Colorado

#440209 Jan 29, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Erm...ta. You freak me out a little so...yeah...um...bye
Everyone here is slightly freaky, no?

Hygiene, Colorado

#440210 Jan 29, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Nod and smile
Hat tip.

Hygiene, Colorado

#440211 Jan 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are awesome. Welcome to Topix, glad you got here.
Thanks. Backatcha.
apophis

Williamsburg, KY

#440212 Jan 29, 2013
Jorge W Arbusto wrote:
<quoted text>Which means it is not the opposite of evolution, as you claimed.
When you copy from Wikipedia, Professor, you should attribute your source.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Involution_ (esoterism)
What is most laughable is that you made a statement and tried to back it up,with an unattributed copy and past that refuted your statement. That's cute. I wouldn't recommend that down at the Five and Dime. Those good old boys will see right through that. Here, have a Coke and a smile. No, it's okay. It's the Mexican Coke, the one with real cane sugar and not the HFCS that seems to be gnawing away at your myelin sheath.
oh well, hope this suffices.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php...

opposite of

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php...

Hygiene, Colorado

#440213 Jan 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Christians think their religion is a science.
<face palm>
Actually, the real looney tunes think it's superior to methodological naturalism.

Hygiene, Colorado

#440214 Jan 29, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Hindus are Christians? I protest. Nicely <3
Well, Hindus have about a million gods. the Christians will probably catch up one day. Reading these forums gives me the impression that many Topix Christians invent gods every day. I wasn't implying that you were.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Ooogah Boogah 777,962
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 6 min putti 5,527
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min lil whispers 605,320
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min June VanDerMark 560,387
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 27 min lovewithin 39,378
White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 30 min that guy you know 464
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min Aura Mytha 265,422
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 hr yon 4,875
More from around the web