<quoted text>Superfreaky?
da da da da, du'da da da

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#440264 Jan 29, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I gave them up for, well, you know. But this might help.
The majority of these are found in Mexico (53 species), with the remainder distributed in the US and Canada (22), Europe (16), Asia (15), Africa (4), and Australia and associated islands (19). In general, psilocybin-containing species are dark-spored, gilled mushrooms that grow in meadows and woods of the subtropics and tropics, usually in soils rich in humus and plant debris. Psilocybin mushrooms occur on all continents, but the majority of species are found in subtropical humid forests. Psilocybe species commonly found in the tropics include P. cubensis and P. subcubensis. P. semilanceata—considered by Guzmán to be the world's most widely distributed psilocybin mushroom —is found in Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Australia and New Zealand, but is entirely absent from Mexico.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybin_mushr...
Yeh, so it's wiki, they have their moments. And they know their 'rooms.
Dang Aztecs anaways!
dagon

Middlesboro, KY

#440265 Jan 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like the difference between inflammable and flammable right ?
See that tanker marked Inflammable ? Now take this Zippo and .........
flammable doesn't have a prefix. the root word is flammable.

Location hidden

#440266 Jan 29, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
duststorm wrote:
Still looking for the name and contact numbers for the funeral home for you-know-who.
<quoted text>
Because she wants to bring her westboro baptist buddies over there and do anything she can to dishonor him and his family.
She is a freak...
HEY! they provides a vital service ta the world y'know. What other good use could ya find fer gitt'n rid o' yer rotten maters an eggs..an have fun ta boot!

Location hidden

#440267 Jan 29, 2013
brinsop wrote:
<quoted text>there is the service to others as self and there is self serving only.
one is a positive empathizing aspect because other is inclusive to all selves
one is a negative empathic aspect which differentiates between the other vs self.
self
Well, I ain't so sure 'bout all that y'know.

I was in church an the pastard was preach'n that ya gotta help yerself afore ya could help all them "others", an I tooked it ta heart!
So when they passed the gold plate 'round, I done jist what he said...They throwed me clean out in the street...go's ta show ya...ya jist can't trust what yer pastard says neither!

Location hidden

#440268 Jan 29, 2013
Owning Glyndwyr wrote:
<quoted text>See, but the point is that it was, historically, not a small minority of Christians. The religion was promoted at sword and later gunpoint. Its current popularity is based on that very violent history. I have already conceded that the Hindus are making up for lost time and that Christians have, as an aggregate, grown less violent over time as they live in more modern environments, influenced by secular laws, and no longer under divine command theory.
The history of Christianity is well documented. It begins with the kidnapping, torture, and murder of a peaceful innocent. It spreads rapidly on the jagged edge of the "believe or die" process. Please do not succumb to presentism. We all have a tendency to view events through our own chronological microscope. Christianity has grown increasingly less violent, although there is a minority in America that finds that intolerable. We have modernized. The Hindus and the Muslims are still suffering under the same tyranny that besieged Christianity throughout its history. This tyranny begets violence. As the poster Drifter used to exclaim, "It is hard to brush the dust from hsitory". And besides, when dealing with a timespan as vast as the last two millennia, generalization is the only methodology available.
My pasttescope sees the same picher.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#440269 Jan 29, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You're hallucinating again. It had nothing to do with DoC. You knew that, but you just had to say something ugly to me simply because I don't buy into your belief of a God with steel fangs, demons and torture worms.
Here again is what I wrote and to which you responded:
<quoted text> Belief, not fact.
When did Jesus ever wish people to curl up like bacon while burning or wish them to have a torture worm?
YOU are the one who said you'd get to watch people curl up like bacon in a frying pan. YOU are the one who said people get torture worms. That had nothing to do with DoC, but your silliness and your own fears.
Take a break from fantasy and come back to reality.
Water, please do not let her get to you. When DoC passed, I went back and read for a few days… simply my own way of dealing. DoC inspired many thought provoking questions in me, and I will always be thankful to him for that. In my reading I stumbled upon this quote, perhaps it will help….
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what?
I'm comfortable with that.
It's been a grand party for me and I want to thank you for being a part of it, duststorm!
Over and out.
He held no animosity.

Link to above DoC quote found here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

Location hidden

#440271 Jan 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought they tasted like black olives ? <smile>
Nope. He's right... An don't eat them little ones ya find on the ground neither. They tastes JIST like rabbit poop!

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#440272 Jan 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Dusty....maybe I am just tired or desensitized as one can only be morally offended so many times before they start to go numb. Topix just really cant surprise me any more and it has done little to help my lack of confidence in man. I wanna believe more people than not are decent people that have empathy and basic respect for one another. Maybe I am kidding myself. But help me understand. The man is dead. What possible reason can there be for intruding on the grief of those who cared about him and to do so for seemingly no other reason than to appease your own ego. For God's sake Dusty, its over either way. Let his friends honor his memory without fending off attacks from the outside. Please stop pursuing this
Thank you, Skom. I have a hard time just wrapping my mind around behavior like that. Why would anyone say a friend had died if they hadn't? I don't get the idea behind that. I don't get the idea behind being nasty to people who lost a friend or acquaintance that they truly liked. I don't get a lot of stuff, I suppose.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#440273 Jan 29, 2013
CIA Secret Experiments 1/5 .

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#440274 Jan 29, 2013
Kci Athussos wrote:
<quoted text>ah you're professing to be a prognosticator now?
i'm not interested in knowing everyone else's business, even if you are. if that makes me your embarrassment, i'm quite satisfied.
i never made any claim of knowing everything, unlike maybe the sea cow?
You're not my embarrassment. You should be your own, but you don't seem to have reasoning power enough to know that.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#440275 Jan 29, 2013
dagon wrote:
<quoted text>flammable doesn't have a prefix. the root word is flammable.
I think most people would see the root word as...flame.

According to...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/flammable

flamma·ble n.
Usage Note: Historically, FLAMMABLE and INFLAMMABLE mean the same thing. However, the presence of the prefix in- has misled many people into assuming that inflammable means "not flammable" or "noncombustible." The prefix -in in inflammable is not, however, the Latin negative prefix -in, which is related to the English -un and appears in such words as indecent and inglorious. Rather, this -in is an intensive prefix derived from the Latin preposition in. This prefix also appears in the word enflame. But many people are not aware of this derivation, and for clarity's sake it is advisable to use only flammable to give warnings.

Here is the history...

http://www.alphadictionary.com/goodword/word/...

Word History: Today's word comes from Medieval Latin inflammabilis, an adjective derived from inflammare "to set on fire". The prefix is not the negative in- "un-" of incomplete and incorrect but the preposition in. This verb is made up of in "in" + flammare "flame, blaze", the root of which is flamma "a blaze, flame". Flamma is obviously the origin of English flame, borrowed from French after that language smoothed it off a bit. The initial fl- in this word actually comes from an earlier root, bh(e)l-, which emerged in such Germanic words in English as blaze, bleach, and blank. Its original meaning was apparently "white", the meaning it has in Russian belyi.

Location hidden

#440276 Jan 29, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, Skom. I have a hard time just wrapping my mind around behavior like that. Why would anyone say a friend had died if they hadn't? I don't get the idea behind that. I don't get the idea behind being nasty to people who lost a friend or acquaintance that they truly liked. I don't get a lot of stuff, I suppose.
Ya don't haft'a sis.
It's like look'n int'a the universe. Ya see all them things what's close ta ya, an them things what's farther out is shin'n fer ya too. The big dark void is there ta show ya how special them little shin'n stars is, an how ya jist pay notice ta the stuff what's really important.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#440277 Jan 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
They are pretty to other rhinos. <smile>
'uni' means 'one'. What did they call the rhinos with two?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ostafrikani...

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#440278 Jan 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Nope. He's right... An don't eat them little ones ya find on the ground neither. They tastes JIST like rabbit poop!
Thanks…I will never look at black olives the same again, sigh ….btw….;O) My uncle loves parrots. He was on a cross country trip with “Turkey” his beloved parrot, when he caught a stomach virus. He was in the bathroom hurling when Turkey walked in, jumped on his shoulder and started mimicking him….my aunt then had to grab a trash can hearing the two of them….Uncle said he was ready to saw his beak off just to shut him up, so that they could stop throwing up.
He still has his beak intact, and has now started a dispute between uncle and his neighbor. Seems he calls the neighbors cat, and the cat has now shredded all the neighbors screens trying to get in when called.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#440279 Jan 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I agree beliefs for the most part are subjective and personal. However there is a right or wrong imo as far as is the information someone basing it on accurate? There are a lot of people who have simply taken someone else's word that the Bible says what it says. And there are times the information taught simply is not in the Bible. Now I understand even that can be somewhat subjective at times but for something as important as beliefs should be to the believer, my point is how do they not at least come to them on their own? I would never leave the fate of my soul to someone else and hope they did their homework.And the percentage that someones human teacher is right on everything is prob zero. Thats reason enough for someone to check for themselves.(T) PEACE
You think that only the Bible has the 'right' information, and then only if it is interpreted as you understand to be 'right'. That's what every other Christian thinks. The Muslims think that only their holy book is the 'right' one, and then only if interpreted as each of them understands it.

With 39,000 and growing sects of Christianity, I would say that it is so subjective that it is open to anyone to interpret it in the manner they think is 'right'. That's the problem with every and all religions. They are subjective enough to be individual time and again.

Christians can't even agree on basic teachings, yet they expect everyone else to worship in the way they personally think is the 'right' way.

They will make terrible remarks about how another Christian believes. They will disparage (to put it kindly) others of their own religion without a thought. How do you think that looks to those outside your faith? There are actually churches who print pamphlets degrading other sects of the Christian religion, calling them cults, idolaters, demons and such. Had they looked up the word 'cult', they would have known that they too are a cult as they worship a supernatural being. But that doesn't stop anyone from doing it.

I have no problem with someone coming to their own understanding of any scriptures by study, prayer/meditation, etc. unless it harms other human beings. Religion has harmed mankind on a very large scale for thousands of years. Not just Christianity, but Christianity and Islam have by far been the worst since their invention.

I believe what Jesus said when he said that heaven is within you (or in your midst as some people interpret it). That means heaven is in the here and now. All you have to do is recognize that the kingdom is within and all around you. So is hell. It is of our own making, not that of God. There are no literal streets paved with gold. There are no literal priceless jewels. No God would need those, unless he were only trying to attract those to whom these things are important..a bauble dangled in front of the nose of elitists. That would not comply with the teachings of Jesus, anyway.

The jewels are the things we recognize on a daily basis, and the lessons we learn. The gold is what is inside of us.

To hope, as some here do, that someone will be tortured forever just for disagreeing with them is an abomination and a God who would do that is not worth worshiping. That's not justice, it's tyranny as practiced by a sociopath.

So, interpretation is everything. It is also nothing. It is everything to those who think they have all the answers, and nothing to those who know that no one has all the answers.

We believe as we do because of our own experiences, our own study, our own ability to understand or the lack thereof. There is not a single religion that applies to everyone, proven by humanity itself. An estimated 2.1 billion Christians who can't agree is proof that no one of them has all the answers. We are left to our own seeking or following.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#440280 Jan 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible. Jesus definitely taught if we repent and ask for forgiveness we will receive it. What do you put the percentage at of the criminal justice system forgiving me if I confess and tell them I am sorry?
I personally think most human beings, even those in prison, are about as likely to forgive you if you say you're sorry as does any God. They just won't make you a promise of eternal life. And that's really what Christianity is about...not forgiveness. If it were only forgiveness, with no promise of something special that you think others won't get, then there wouldn't be a single person who is Christian who could not be persuaded by a God with more to offer.

Location hidden

#440281 Jan 29, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks…I will never look at black olives the same again, sigh ….btw….;O) My uncle loves parrots. He was on a cross country trip with “Turkey” his beloved parrot, when he caught a stomach virus. He was in the bathroom hurling when Turkey walked in, jumped on his shoulder and started mimicking him….my aunt then had to grab a trash can hearing the two of them….Uncle said he was ready to saw his beak off just to shut him up, so that they could stop throwing up.
He still has his beak intact, and has now started a dispute between uncle and his neighbor. Seems he calls the neighbors cat, and the cat has now shredded all the neighbors screens trying to get in when called.
OH Hahahahahahah!
I know it! NEVER a dull moment with them!!! The other day, my daughter was ask'n if the dud's she had on looked alright ta go shopp'n in...an Jibber started ta laugh'n! She turned red an told 'em ta "jist SHUT UP"!...an then he says Thank you! hahahah! It was hilarious!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#440282 Jan 29, 2013
shesha wrote:
pythagoras never wrote anything down of his teachings, or thoughts
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/pythagoras/
But no one is trying to convince you that Pythagoras is God, either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 5 min Johnny 212
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min spinosaurus baryonyx 39,073
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 31 min jasiEL 247
Play "end of the word" part 2 34 min andet1987 1,755
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 38 min true observation 618,459
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 50 min Joe Fortuna 970,201
Leslie Van Houten's parole hearing August 2009 (Jul '09) 1 hr ted 1,583
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Catholic24 642,149
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Annaleigh 104,793
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 hr dr shrink 44,474
More from around the web