Why I’m no longer a Christian

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#440158 Jan 29, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's psychedelics. Maybe they have psilocybin mushrooms growing throughout their water source.
Ya got directions?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#440159 Jan 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I don't see you as a fan of the comics for some reason. The movie version maybe!
That's not a knock, I think people would be shocked if they knew how good the writing and art was in comics over the last 10-20 years. And how dark some of the writing can be. The movies, while I have liked some of them, stay pretty generic and family friendly. The story-lines in some of the comics are as good as any literature I have read. And the writers include things like Bible verses and famous quotes and detailed scientific and historical facts.
Sorry about the rant! LOL I just am a big fan and know what the perception used to be but it is some seriously talented stuff that goes into them today
(T) Peace
I have waited my whole life for those movies. I have boxes of the stuff. I got expelled once, in grade 4, because a nun tried to take my Graphic Novels.

Location hidden

#440160 Jan 29, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Oogah-boogah how's it going?
Toward the bow...always toward the bow.
I see ya got's a fog horn too! That's good y'know.
Owning Glyndwyr

UK

#440161 Jan 29, 2013
vermithrax wrote:
<quoted text>sure i did. when does a singularity become a plurality?
Oh, one of those, a Vacuous Husserlian. You're not a rare beast on Topix but you sure are mindless. In the case of amoeba, when enough food is digested in its vacuoles, mitosis occurs. In the English language, it can be as simple as adding an "s" to a word. In the case of the intellectually repulsive, probably never.

Location hidden

#440162 Jan 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
What mental illness causes a person to uses a different name for every post they make ?
Skipsafrendia.
Owning Glyndwyr

UK

#440163 Jan 29, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
On Fridays after 5 EST?
Happy Hour! Don't forget to tip your server if you're a Seppo.
Owning Glyndwyr

UK

#440164 Jan 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Ya got directions?
Dont eat the brown acid. It's a bummer, man.~ Wavy Gravy.
Owning Glyndwyr

UK

#440165 Jan 29, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I have waited my whole life for those movies. I have boxes of the stuff. I got expelled once, in grade 4, because a nun tried to take my Graphic Novels.
That explains why you don't know Christmas from Bourke Street.

Location hidden

#440166 Jan 29, 2013
Owning Glyndwyr wrote:
<quoted text>Hindu aren't violent enough to be Christians.
Ya, they are. Haven't ya been read'n world news for the last year?
Owning Glyndwyr

UK

#440167 Jan 29, 2013
stoorworm wrote:
<quoted text>no you generalized and stated that christians are more violent. that doesn't imply you know all hindus and all christians?
you know this from experience, or belief?
Neither. History. I already clarified it. Is your skull thicker than normal? Yes, as an aggregate, historically, Christians have been more violent than Hindus. All humans are violent. We are animals, after all. We kill to survive. Christians kill because their daddy tells them to. Boy, that leads to some rip snorting rage.

See, unlike you, I write with clarity, not in vague, meaningless blurts of falderal.

Location hidden

#440168 Jan 29, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I know how you feel. I waited all day long yesterday for some rare and potentially sought after erasers.
They were a no show. I am beginning to suspect that I have been ripped off.
I'm think'n ther still in the brimstone furnace dry'n out. Takes time ta "purge" them imperfections y'know.
Owning Glyndwyr

UK

#440169 Jan 29, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you responding?
To point out that you've gone off the deep end. Wasn't that clear? Your post wasn't, but mine certainly was. You were ranting against someone or something. Couple that with your fascination with immolation and your claim that your God is Greater than whatever it is that you won't clarify, it would be fair to say that you might just be a danger to yourself or others. Do you need a Care Flight or are you accessible by land ambulance?
Owning Glyndwyr

UK

#440170 Jan 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Ya, they are. Haven't ya been read'n world news for the last year?
Sure, they are catching up, but, historically, no. When you invoke gods, it's easy to be an overachiever in the violence department.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#440171 Jan 29, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, I can relate. We could probably swap parochial school nun-stories. The nun that ran our school could have played linebacker somewhere! She used to claim she was forced into the role of disciplinarian because others wouldn't pick up the slack but when the school was hurting for cash some of the nuns got part-time jobs and she worked as a security guard! I kid you not!

She not only taught us about Jesus but had us pretty convinced some days she would send us to meet Him personally if she could! For two years in a row she moved me and my best friend's desk away from all the other kids and put us on either side of her desk! She was freaking nuts but I think we were a contributing factor! LOL

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#440172 Jan 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Ya, they are. Haven't ya been read'n world news for the last year?
Good point awesome Pirate. Beedy can't read too good, he's copy pasting words from other posters.
Blessings and love to all <3

(Beedy....SWAT!)

Location hidden

#440173 Jan 29, 2013
Owning Glyndwyr wrote:
<quoted text>And now he's on to the "absolutism" falderal. Of course, science doesn't work within a frame work of absolutes. Theism deals with absolutes, fundamentally. Interesting.
Absolute's good stuff!
I ain't too fond o' the "flavored" stuff though.
scylla

Middlesboro, KY

#440174 Jan 29, 2013
Owning Glyndwyr wrote:
<quoted text>Neither. History. I already clarified it. Is your skull thicker than normal? Yes, as an aggregate, historically, Christians have been more violent than Hindus. All humans are violent. We are animals, after all. We kill to survive. Christians kill because their daddy tells them to. Boy, that leads to some rip snorting rage.
See, unlike you, I write with clarity, not in vague, meaningless blurts of falderal.
your statement about christians and hindus wasn't a non-sequitur?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#440175 Jan 29, 2013
Owning Glyndwyr wrote:
<quoted text>To point out that you've gone off the deep end. Wasn't that clear? Your post wasn't, but mine certainly was. You were ranting against someone or something. Couple that with your fascination with immolation and your claim that your God is Greater than whatever it is that you won't clarify, it would be fair to say that you might just be a danger to yourself or others. Do you need a Care Flight or are you accessible by land ambulance?
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00...

Your dad is worried, you should go home, listen to sid, he is wise.
nithoggr

Middlesboro, KY

#440176 Jan 29, 2013
Owning Glyndwyr wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, they are catching up, but, historically, no. When you invoke gods, it's easy to be an overachiever in the violence department.
argument from whose authority?
Owning Glyndwyr

UK

#440178 Jan 29, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
Owning Glyndwyr
Just another Loser
A UK Uni Beedy? Sad.
Anonymous proxy. Check.
Do not clink on any links from this poster.
If you've ever wondered why Australia Forum reads more like a public toilet wall than most, credit Beedy and his band of sock puppets. More of a battalion really.
You gonna keep stalking me? Sending me viral T-mails? Do as sid says.
You have really gone off the deep end, Christian. I have no idea what you are babbling about. I am wholly convinced that religion either breeds crazy people or crazy people are drawn to religion.

Pssst, a thief believes everyone steals.~ E.W. Howe.

Clozapine and risperidone are now available under the Pharmaeceutical Benefits Scheme for your condition. They have reduced extrapyramidal adverse effects than the older medications. They should provide you with the anti-psychotic relief you so desperately need.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Buck Crick 55,949
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Gods r Delusions ... 650,024
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 33 min Abby 725
Windows Server 2012 70-410 deutsche Schulungsfr... 37 min itpruefungende 1
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 57 min Neville Thompson 432
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 281,477
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr Aussie Kev 2,307
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr brandy trujillo 971,739
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web