Why I’m no longer a Christian
xiucoahtl

Middlesboro, KY

#440123 Jan 29, 2013
Owning Glyndwyr wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say they weren't violent. I said they weren't violent enough to be Christians. Try to keep up. What is a Beedy? I can assure you we have thankfully never met. I prefer honesty in discourse. For fair clarity, Muslims are currently more violent than Christians, but it was to always so.
you know all christians and all christians are violent?

you know alot people, or at least believe you do?
Owning Glyndwyr

UK

#440124 Jan 29, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops
And now he's on to the "absolutism" falderal. Of course, science doesn't work within a frame work of absolutes. Theism deals with absolutes, fundamentally. Interesting.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#440125 Jan 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Sent you a T-mail
Links to tons of free online comics people have scanned and uploaded and a free program to view them. Didn't want to post the links online
Thanks.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#440126 Jan 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
That's actually just a movie quote from "Blazing Saddles"
Brilliant comedy about the absurdity of racism
I am not a huge Mel Brooks fan but he has knocked a few out of the part. This was one of them, the Producers was another
(T) Peace
Hi Skom, lol, I know, his pic just fully freaks me out...
duststorm

League City, TX

#440127 Jan 29, 2013
Colin Gordon-Farleigh wrote:
Hi,
What a well-thought out and well-expressed communication. I admire your honesty and integrity in sharing your experience. It seems to me, reading through the whole of your story, that your baptism as a boy of ten was more due to the pressures applied by the religiousity of the folk around you than to your own reasoning with regards to following Christ. In other words, although you were being told that you were now a Christian, and hence a new creature in Christ, the words and the experience simply did not add up. The result of this was that you then had to go through years of suffering the consequence of this delusion.
When someone decides to follow Christ it is a deeply personal decision, and is between the person and God alone, not between the person and the host of religious family, friends and acquaintances.
Many church pews are filled by folk who consider themselves to be Christians and yet do nothing to display their true allegiance to Christ. Many are there because it is considered the 'done thing' to attend church, so that people can see that you are a 'good' person. Many are there through habit, and many more for a variety of other social reasons. It is often difficult to find a church where the Gospel of Jesus Christ is preached let alone enacted, and where often even the leaders of the church fail to display the humility and compassion that would shine through the true believer.
Being a Christian is not about what you can get but about what you can give. It's following the path of self-sacrifice like Jesus did for the benefit of others and with no demand for gainful return.
I suggest that the honesty you display in your communication is the result of a spiritual journey of soul-searching which you are on, even if you are not fully aware of it yourself. I hope that you will truly find your spiritual self one day and experience the joy of knowing Christ in a really life-changing way, and that you might then consider yourself a Christian though not a religious zealot.
May God bless you in your searching.
There remains no time for blessing...Dearth done flew over the cuckoo's nest.
vermithrax

Middlesboro, KY

#440128 Jan 29, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You just contradicted yourself.
*doink*
sure i did. when does a singularity become a plurality?

Location hidden

#440129 Jan 29, 2013
Owning Glyndwyr wrote:
<quoted text>You use a comparative without comparing it to anything. Like if Bosisto's EucoFresh used the slogan, "It get's your clothes 50% cleaner!" Cleaner than what?
So "Our God is Greater":
1. Than what?
2. Why the need for the declarative if in it's very definition it would be the ultimate?
3. Isn't this ignoring one of those silly commandments? Not the killing or stealing commandment but those that make your God seem bloody insecure. And while we're at it, why no commandment against rape? Why, instead, is the oak a veritable primer on rape and its spoils? Funny concept for a Sheila to support.
4. It makes it seem as though you aren't so sure, having to shout it from the terraces. Weird, right?
If I disagree with you Beedy, are you going to set me on fire?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#440130 Jan 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to look up the definition of what a strawman is.
I offered something that works because of our math and science, you then created something based on that which was easily destroyed. You created the strawman.
That isn't a strawman arguement.

The basis of the strawman arguement is ascribing a false/disparaging position to an individual in an attempt to discredit them.

It has nothing to do with "knocking down like a scarecrow" which many imply by its name.
Owning Glyndwyr

UK

#440131 Jan 29, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Very, very important stuff, a collection of comic books from Sacramento.
Freak Brothers? Fat Freddy's cat vs. the Nazi cockroaches is classic stuff. Have you ever read Maus by Art Spiegelman?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maus

Classic stuff. I hope their not Chick Tracts. That "intelligently designed" Jack Chick had hypoglycemia and instead of praying the cholesterol away, he had a triple bypass. Oh, he of little faith. Nah, it couldn't be Chick Tracts. Rancho Cucamonga ain't Sacramento.
duststorm

League City, TX

#440132 Jan 29, 2013
Colin Gordon-Farleigh wrote:
Hi,
What a well-thought out and well-expressed communication. I admire your honesty and integrity in sharing your experience. It seems to me, reading through the whole of your story, that your baptism as a boy of ten was more due to the pressures applied by the religiousity of the folk around you than to your own reasoning with regards to following Christ. In other words, although you were being told that you were now a Christian, and hence a new creature in Christ, the words and the experience simply did not add up. The result of this was that you then had to go through years of suffering the consequence of this delusion.
When someone decides to follow Christ it is a deeply personal decision, and is between the person and God alone, not between the person and the host of religious family, friends and acquaintances.
Many church pews are filled by folk who consider themselves to be Christians and yet do nothing to display their true allegiance to Christ. Many are there because it is considered the 'done thing' to attend church, so that people can see that you are a 'good' person. Many are there through habit, and many more for a variety of other social reasons. It is often difficult to find a church where the Gospel of Jesus Christ is preached let alone enacted, and where often even the leaders of the church fail to display the humility and compassion that would shine through the true believer.
Being a Christian is not about what you can get but about what you can give. It's following the path of self-sacrifice like Jesus did for the benefit of others and with no demand for gainful return.
I suggest that the honesty you display in your communication is the result of a spiritual journey of soul-searching which you are on, even if you are not fully aware of it yourself. I hope that you will truly find your spiritual self one day and experience the joy of knowing Christ in a really life-changing way, and that you might then consider yourself a Christian though not a religious zealot.
May God bless you in your searching.
He gone. He ain't comin' back.

Location hidden

#440133 Jan 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Sent you a T-mail
Links to tons of free online comics people have scanned and uploaded and a free program to view them. Didn't want to post the links online
Why? T-mail me? Please? X and I agree on some stuff you know...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#440134 Jan 29, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops
Make sure to check for second T-mail

Forgot to include some info
duststorm

League City, TX

#440135 Jan 29, 2013
Imagine El Cid cut and pasted aqui.

Location hidden

#440136 Jan 29, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
You're welcome

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#440137 Jan 29, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I know how you feel. I waited all day long yesterday for some rare and potentially sought after erasers.
They were a no show. I am beginning to suspect that I have been ripped off.
I sent them right out via a runner.

It may take a few days, he's 73 years old. I hope he makes it.

But if for any reason you are not satisfied with any products from Xcntrik Enterprises, send us a self addressed envelope and $10.00 in handling fees and your dollar will be refunded immediately.
Owning Glyndwyr

UK

#440138 Jan 29, 2013
xiucoahtl wrote:
<quoted text>you know all christians and all christians are violent?
you know alot people, or at least believe you do?
Once again, this has nothing to do with what I said. Your motorway is a few kilometers short of the nearest exit. Christianity plays a large role in documented history. All of it is violent. It has nothing to do with whether I know Mary Jane Rottencrotch or not.

Location hidden

#440139 Jan 29, 2013
Copy pasting big words. Check.
Making up random rubbish. Check.
Adding to long list of socks. Check.
Talking to himself. Check.

Be a good boy and do like sid says.

Sock Puppet names
Baboon Fixers
Baboons Control Agents
BOUFFON Redirectors
Business Control Team
CACA Bumchod ReDirectors
CACA Eaters Fixers
Creoles Rule
Derpy Hooves
Granny Checkers
gros pilon ROMEO Bashers
hihihihihi Fixers
Hoo Hoo Ha Ha Hi Hi
julie chamberpot Fixers
malabrpilon (malbar pilon)
MalbarCACA Bashers
MalbarCACA Controller
MalbarCACA Dismmissers
Muzzie ladyboys Fixers
0Iiver Bashers
Pinkie Basher
POONJABi twits Bashers
PutridPatron5
Ridicule MalbarCACAs
Sequential Circuits
SEWRAJ Controller
Sewraj Dismmissers
Smelly Chuhaa Dimmissers
Superior Ethnic Foreigner
Team Deleters
Team Wise Ones
ti pilon Bashers
ti pilon Fixers
The Beady Basher
The Correctors
The Coward Busters
The Coward Exposers
The Directors
The Discomforters
The Enforcers
The Fixers
The GAY Maderator Busters
The IDIOT Busters
The Mule Redirectors
The Pests Identifiers
The QUICK FIX IT TEAM
The rat catchers
The Ratifiers
The Reltionship Experts
The Reinforcers
The Sewer RATs Catchers
The Smelly Turd Skinners
The Suggesters
The SuperHeroes
The Switchers Redirectors
The SWAT Team
The Tasks Masters
torma p dire Bashers
The TROLL Bashers
The Turd Skinners
The Zoo Keepers
Theo Bagwell Fixers

And the new names are.......
Owning Glyndwyr

UK

#440140 Jan 29, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>He gone. He ain't comin' back.
Yet you beg for confirmation. Is that an absolute statement?. Your compatriot just claimed there were no absolutes.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Ann Arbor, MI

#440141 Jan 29, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>1 Corinthians 6:2
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
T-Town Clown and I will judge at the final judgment day. Oh,well
I am not sure what you are getting from all of this anger you are stirring up, but you are wrong in what you are doing. The above post suggests that you are elevating yourself to saint status, while not even paying attention to some of the more basic lessons on the correct personal behavior for a Christian to maintain. I am not going to place all the scripture here, just one portion. I think that you should read all of James 3, as well as the commentary in the link’s I provided. I used KJV in my link because I know you like it the best:

James 3 17-18 (NIV)
17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/comment...

For those of you interested, below is the NIV version that I use. I find it to be more clear in its meaning personally.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#440142 Jan 29, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Your roundabout, ingratiating post came too little, too late. Why doncha just ask "Brother are you saved? Be saved today. Today is the day of salvation."
Ask not for whom the bells toll...they already tolled for Dearth of Couth, the founder of the thread.
You seem glum.

How about an ice cream cone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Awesome Facts 683,539
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Squirrel Pot Pie 15,216
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min another viewer 983,013
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 1 hr Doctor REALITY 5
Dan Gilbert: Get off your arrogant (BLEEP!) B4 ... 1 hr Awesome Facts 5
Venting Against FAKE Americans 1 hr Awesome Facts 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Born Again Past JW 619,683
More from around the web