Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#439917 Jan 28, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I have noticed but I'm not sure of how much anyone can truly see on an anonymous forum. I think we can only see what people want us to see. Some are more obvious than others but still...
I am really a 90 year old female, atheist, midget, communist. Keep that between you and me though! LOL Thats why I always laugh when people accuse me of using socks. The whole point is to keep the regular identity looking good. If that was my goal I would not have made at least 50% of my posts under this name! But seriously I do agree with you in general. I have a strong hunch we would be shocked more than a few times if we could pull back the curtain!(T) PEACE

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#439918 Jan 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
... Yeah, there are plenty of Jewish monotheists, but even the most zealous of them generally are not out to convert the world to their beliefs...
It is traditionally the task of a Rabbi to try to talk a potential convert out of conversion to the Jewish faith.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#439919 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>The picture you see is the picture you paint.

If you want to see a diffferent picture, paint a different picture.

Just cause folks argue, it don't mean that they're not welcome.

Just don't take the last beer.
No danger there, I'm very unAustralian when it comes to beer.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#439920 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
The picture you see is the picture you paint.
one of the best things I have read in a long time. Pretty awesome X

“Love much, trust none”

There

#439922 Jan 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I will certainly agree with you there.
Except... modern medicine seems to be finding out that there are some health benefits to circumcision - especially in regions where frequent washing with soap and clean water might be a problem.
Like ancient semetic nomads.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#439923 Jan 28, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Christ is truth.
Y'know what?
I think the "rapture" might'a happened last week!

Guess yer funked huh?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#439924 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>The picture you see is the picture you paint.

Just cause folks argue, it don't mean that they're not welcome.

Just don't take the last beer.
Was just thinking about painting and even though I've been a very controlled version of myself here, I really can't be bothered with all out pretending. I love arguing but am trying to practice peace making, as per a dear friend's suggestion.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#439925 Jan 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
For bonus points, compare and contrast the percentages of Christians versus atheists, Pagans, and Jews, both within the prison system and in the population at large.
Repeat the above exercise, restricting the search to those convicted of violent crimes.
:)
Seeing as the majority of US citizens refer to themselves as Christians, of course they will be the majority of perpetrators.

Just like the majority of muders in Italy are commited by Catholics, in Iran by Muslims, in India by Hindi, In Indonesia by Guddhists, etc.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#439926 Jan 28, 2013
ngalyod wrote:
<quoted text>socrates never wrote anything was the point. masters don't write things down because they leave such writings; if any, to scribes.
i didn't state socrates didn't exist; nor did i state no one wrote of him.
Or they never existed or they are stories made up about real people. In any case, we rarely have their original words.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#439927 Jan 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a christian: he CAN'T believe the Bible or he would have to stop being a christian...
Bingo!

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#439928 Jan 28, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I am really a 90 year old female, atheist, midget, communist. Keep that between you and me though! LOL Thats why I always laugh when people accuse me of using socks. The whole point is to keep the regular identity looking good. If that was my goal I would not have made at least 50% of my posts under this name! But seriously I do agree with you in general. I have a strong hunch we would be shocked more than a few times if we could pull back the curtain!(T) PEACE
Lol... I'm also quite happy to be myself, I don't make friends easily but the ones I do make accept me and are for life and are true :) Derision is nothing new for me but I believe the Spirit has led me to become much nicer than I was. Plus, it's like water off a duck's back. Except this one time that someone in the Christian forum made me actually cry, well not made me, did and said things, not to me, that caused me to cry. I won't post there much anymore.
shesha

Winchester, KY

#439929 Jan 28, 2013
pythagoras never wrote anything down of his teachings, or thoughts

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/pythagoras/

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#439930 Jan 28, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>one of the best things I have read in a long time. Pretty awesome X
Agreed.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#439931 Jan 28, 2013
naas wrote:
<quoted text>its a concept that runs all through out ancient mythologies, world wide.
a serpent guarding the water of life.
a mind game of gordian knots, or celtic knots
http://www.globalhinduism.com/2013/01/07/link...
Ouroboros. Life eats itself.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#439932 Jan 28, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>His blood will be on your hands.
WTF ?????

Is that by Ex Post Facto or Proxy ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#439933 Jan 28, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>I would like the name of the funeral home, please.
Why? Are you going to go shit on his grave ?
weewillmekq

Winchester, KY

#439934 Jan 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Y'know what?
I think the "rapture" might'a happened last week!
Guess yer funked huh?
rapture like enthralled. to be carried away in thought

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/rapt

rapt·ly adv.
Word History: One might be surprised to learn that rapt, a word used in describing states of deep delight or absorption, has a relative with an entirely different emotive forcerape. Now most often used to mean "to force someone to submit to sexual acts," rape once had a much broader application, as it meant "to seize, carry off." In fact, it was often used in positive and nonviolent contexts. From the Middle English period, we have examples of its being used to mean "to carry off to heaven from earth," as in "the visions of seynt poul wan [when] he was rapt in to paradys." As this quotation shows, rapt started out as the past participle of rape. As time went on, rapt became restricted to mental or emotional states, while rape developed a new past participle, raped, and became limited to criminal or violent acts.

this is why ezekiel describes it as being pulled up by the hair of his head

Ezekiel 8:3
And he put forth the form of an hand, and took me by a lock of mine head; and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven, and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem, to the door of the inner gate that looketh toward the north; where was the seat of the image of jealousy, which provoketh to jealousy.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#439935 Jan 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Critics can think what they want....
I'm not a critic. I simply know the difference between shit and shinola.

P.S.
Your shoes stink.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#439936 Jan 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> ... Most Christians i know ...
You and your mirror.

ROFLMAO
brnenski

Winchester, KY

#439937 Jan 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouroboros. Life eats itself.
because energy cannot be created/destroyed it simply re-affirms through involution and evolution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 854,838
Women hate disabled men and find them disgusting (Sep '08) 4 min Sam 75
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 12 min WasteWater 6,143
The Christian Atheist debate 13 min Justise League 1,009
How Republicans And Democrats Are Using Racism ... 17 min Sanjay 4
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 17 min dGo nmeDad lyHo p... 100,742
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Neville Thompson 272,084
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Estelle 596,327
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 39 min Peace_Warrior 612,619
More from around the web