Why I’m no longer a Christian

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#439904 Jan 28, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Unicorns are real, we call them rhinoceroses.
Not pretty like the mythical kind.
They are pretty to other rhinos. <smile>

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#439905 Jan 28, 2013
mexaxkuk wrote:
<quoted text>you speaking from experience or belief sea cow?
everyone has a dark side, can you love mine?
Watch the philosophizer turn to the dark side when rattled.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#439906 Jan 28, 2013
Kci Athussos wrote:
<quoted text>ah you're professing to be a prognosticator now?
i'm not interested in knowing everyone else's business, even if you are. if that makes me your embarrassment, i'm quite satisfied.
i never made any claim of knowing everything, unlike maybe the sea cow?
Projection

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#439907 Jan 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
But for the vast majority of people, the teachings of Jesus simple DON'T apply. Very few people are descendants of Jews, except those that are already Jewish. For the rest of the world, the teachings of Jesus are as relevant as some nice advice, but Dear Abby is more relevant on a day to day basis.
They are supposed to apply though. Jesus taught the Holy Spirit would give rememberance to his teachings and told his diciples baptize all nations and make sure they obey all He has commanded. For some reason even within Christianity this isnt followed. I could go on a long tangent as to the many reasons I think this is but I will just say instead I think it is unfortunate. The authors of the Bible are messengers. The teachings of Christ should never take a backseat to anyone let alone be superceded by varying interpretations of the words of those who followed him and whose job was to promote His message.. I dont get it. It is what it is I guess.(T) PEACE

“"None shall pass"”

There

#439908 Jan 28, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I meant according to the Bible. No one will ever know what Jesus did. He didn't write any of it down and neither did anyone else for several decades. His disciples didn't write anything down. No one who had access to his teachings wrote anything down.
This makes me think he was an individual who taught some valuable lessons which were later remembered at least in part and given to others who wrote them down after hearing them third, fourth, or twenty fifth hand.
Agreed. That is why I find the "banned" texts so valuable. The more stories the better to get a glimmer of what He may have actually taught.

Location hidden

#439909 Jan 28, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You might try asking him why he's angry. It's always good to know the whole story.
The same is true with the Christians who come in here with hate and anger. They at least have had the courtesy of being asked why they are so angrySometimes it's a zebra.
Lol...i guess with anybody it could be just about anything! I can honestly say I tried for quite some time to get him involved in even a civil exchange. We actually exchanged onhe tmail a while back where I thought things were at least left civil and perhaps even led to a little better understanding of where we each were coming from. But no matter how i have tried to leave it with the guy sure as anything I can bank on hearing from him out of the blue responding to half a dozen of my posts calling me every which thing. I really dont care any longer what his problem is. If his hate for Christians runs as deep as it appears its futile anyway. Some people just have one gear. It is what it is I guess.(T) PEACE

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#439910 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>I think folks should be able to freely speak their minds because...

(If I can remember this correctly)

A good man brings forth good things out of the good in his heart. An evil man brings forth evil things from the evil in his heart. For from the heart, the mouth speaks.

Or

A good tree bears good fruit and a bad tree bears bad fruit. A bad tree does not bear good fruit and a good tree does not bear bad fruit.

And I smell bad fruit.

I don't want people to see the Christian mask. I want people to see past the mask.

In case you haven't noticed.
Lol. I have noticed but I'm not sure of how much anyone can truly see on an anonymous forum. I think we can only see what people want us to see. Some are more obvious than others but still...

Location hidden

#439911 Jan 28, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>IMO,'right beliefs' are purely personal. They are based partially on experience, partially on culture, partially on what one has learned early in life and all too often based too little on knowledg
I agree beliefs for the most part are subjective and personal. However there is a right or wrong imo as far as is the information someone basing it on accurate? There are a lot of people who have simply taken someone else's word that the Bible says what it says. And there are times the information taught simply is not in the Bible. Now I understand even that can be somewhat subjective at times but for something as important as beliefs should be to the believer, my point is how do they not at least come to them on their own? I would never leave the fate of my soul to someone else and hope they did their homework.And the percentage that someones human teacher is right on everything is prob zero. Thats reason enough for someone to check for themselves.(T) PEACE

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#439912 Jan 28, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>You're all OK @ least. Don't worry, candlelight is romantic.
:-)
Lol.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#439913 Jan 28, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I have noticed but I'm not sure of how much anyone can truly see on an anonymous forum. I think we can only see what people want us to see. Some are more obvious than others but still...
Hang around and watch.

Location hidden

#439914 Jan 28, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Very good questions, as a whole. But how do you know that God would be more forgiving of you murdering someone than the legal system would be? Jesus certainly never taught that, so I'm wondering where you get that notion.
The Bible. Jesus definitely taught if we repent and ask for forgiveness we will receive it. What do you put the percentage at of the criminal justice system forgiving me if I confess and tell them I am sorry?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#439915 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>Hang around and watch.
I will. This is my favourite thread of all, even though I'm hardly welcome :)

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#439916 Jan 28, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I will. This is my favourite thread of all, even though I'm hardly welcome :)
The picture you see is the picture you paint.

If you want to see a diffferent picture, paint a different picture.

Just cause folks argue, it don't mean that they're not welcome.

Just don't take the last beer.

Location hidden

#439917 Jan 28, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I am really a 90 year old female, atheist, midget, communist. Keep that between you and me though! LOL Thats why I always laugh when people accuse me of using socks. The whole point is to keep the regular identity looking good. If that was my goal I would not have made at least 50% of my posts under this name! But seriously I do agree with you in general. I have a strong hunch we would be shocked more than a few times if we could pull back the curtain!(T) PEACE

“"None shall pass"”

There

#439918 Jan 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
... Yeah, there are plenty of Jewish monotheists, but even the most zealous of them generally are not out to convert the world to their beliefs...
It is traditionally the task of a Rabbi to try to talk a potential convert out of conversion to the Jewish faith.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#439919 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>The picture you see is the picture you paint.

No danger there, I'm very unAustralian when it comes to beer.

Location hidden

#439920 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
The picture you see is the picture you paint.
one of the best things I have read in a long time. Pretty awesome X

“"None shall pass"”

There

#439922 Jan 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I will certainly agree with you there.
Except... modern medicine seems to be finding out that there are some health benefits to circumcision - especially in regions where frequent washing with soap and clean water might be a problem.
Like ancient semetic nomads.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#439923 Jan 28, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Christ is truth.
Y'know what?
I think the "rapture" might'a happened last week!

Guess yer funked huh?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#439924 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>The picture you see is the picture you paint.

Was just thinking about painting and even though I've been a very controlled version of myself here, I really can't be bothered with all out pretending. I love arguing but am trying to practice peace making, as per a dear friend's suggestion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min another viewer 980,201
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Robert F 670,420
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Elerby 100,738
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 15 min Peter Ross 6,149
News Tragic collission near Salton City (Nov '07) 39 min Tayummy 28
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,290
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 2 hr Tony 30
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) Wed Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web