“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#439718 Jan 28, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that cost extra?
Not for you.

I'm at 138 so far. Just let me know when to quit.

I have no idea what you're going to do with all these erasers, but we aim to please at Xcntrik Enterprises.

My mouth tastes funny.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#439719 Jan 28, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Especially when they give scriptures that have no relevance to the subject about which they are speaking and think that what the Bible actually says came from Go Thomas instead of Luke.
Still the best entertainment on the internet.

Well, at least since the midget lesbian clown sex website went down.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#439720 Jan 28, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Just what Jesus would have said , right?
It's what he might have said to the Roman soldier driving a stake through his hand.

I know I wouldn't be happy.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#439721 Jan 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You can believe what you want to be true but if you impose standards on Theists and at the same time cling to your atheism which cannot be proven then there is an obvious logical inconsistancy in your conclusion. You need to re evaluate your atheism or remain forever a walking contradiction.
What stops an atheist from killing his neighbor if he hates him and believe he can escape human justice? Answer=nothing.
What stops a Theist from killing his neighbor if he believes he can escape human justice? Answer=God and judgement.
That is the difference.
It all boils down to the existance of your god-being and until your god-being presents itself your "answers" are no different.

Fail

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#439722 Jan 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If it ever happened at all.
But it did result in the greatest Catholic Jesus joke ever told.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

"Mom?!!"

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#439723 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
It's what he might have said to the Roman soldier driving a stake through his hand.
I know I wouldn't be happy.
I thought He called out, "Jesus H.Christ !" ?
Oh wait, that was me. LOL

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#439725 Jan 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The non response from atheists on this site says it all.
<quoted text> Christianity claims are exclusive as are Muslim claims. Both cannot be true which means they are both false or one is true and the other is not.
<quoted text> No. I am saying i can turn atheist in my thinking at any given moment and so can others. In order to commit crimes one has to be atheistic in their thinking. If they really believed they were accountable to God then they would not do wrong, because the consequences are severe even if they escape human justice.
<quoted text> Atheists define themselves. I'm not sure what you are getting at. We have an intuitive sense of justice and of right and wrong and it has a source. That source is God. Under atheism there is no ultimate justice and that is counter intuitive. Atheism is a necessary prerequisite for most crimes since the criminal assumes he can get away with it or it is done in the heat of passion which indicates a loss of control.
Sounds like just another silly christian trying to disassociate himself from christians who are criminals.
"They were never christians anyway"...sound familiar??

Fail

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#439726 Jan 28, 2013
From a melting down Christian on topix:

"Blasphemy is failure to recognize and respect the authority of The Most High and those He has sent to complete task."

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#439727 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
"Blasphemy is failure to recognize and respect the authority of The Most High and those He has sent to complete task."
LOL I too read those words.

My first thought was...who are..

"those He has sent to complete task".

Knowing the poster...no doubt (IMO) he was referring to himself.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#439728 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
ACID

Another Christian's Inventive Definition.

LOL

“Love much, trust none”

There

#439729 Jan 28, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
At least he is honest about it. Kinda refreshing... at least a change of pace.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#439730 Jan 28, 2013
Chess Jurist,

Just caught this...

New Book on the Letter to Theodore
http://ntmark.wordpress.com/2013/01/24/new-bo...

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#439731 Jan 28, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Naturally. Delusions of grandeur.

That one made me LOL *snort*

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#439732 Jan 28, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well therein lies the problem. Belief and the subsequent interpretation should come AFTER reading. Too many people either haven't read the Bible or work backwards and try to fit the scripture into already existing beliefs. It is a fun strategy for madlibs but a terrible one for finding out what the Bible truly says.
The only way for people to overcome indoctrination is to first understand they have been indoctrinated. In and of itself it is not a terrible thing. Of course parents are the most likely cause and of course they want to instill morals and values and beliefs they feel are important in their children. But with this comes the obvious explanation that our beliefs, either through parents or teachers or churches or whomever have been told to us and mimicked and incorporated. And whether religion or politics or whatever that simply isn't good enough most of the time. They may be right on a lot, they may be wrong on a lot. But their percentage isn't their problem as no teacher is perfect. It is the responsibility of the individual to go back through on their own. Keep what they have been taught that is correct and adjust accordingly to things that are not. There is too much loyalty IMO to personal beliefs instead of simply getting the right beliefs based on what is actually said if one is going to go by the Bible
(T) Peace
IMO,'right beliefs' are purely personal. They are based partially on experience, partially on culture, partially on what one has learned early in life and all too often based too little on knowledge and true seeking. But that's just an opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#439733 Jan 28, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's a slam at Dearth of Couth, I don't think it's very funny, WaterNymph.
You're hallucinating again. It had nothing to do with DoC. You knew that, but you just had to say something ugly to me simply because I don't buy into your belief of a God with steel fangs, demons and torture worms.

Here again is what I wrote and to which you responded:

<quoted text> Belief, not fact.
When did Jesus ever wish people to curl up like bacon while burning or wish them to have a torture worm?

YOU are the one who said you'd get to watch people curl up like bacon in a frying pan. YOU are the one who said people get torture worms. That had nothing to do with DoC, but your silliness and your own fears.

Take a break from fantasy and come back to reality.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#439734 Jan 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Greek words have multiple meanings. For example. Matthew 10:16. Behold i send you out as sheep in the midst (entos) of wolves. Under your assumption this must mean i send you out as sheep on the inside of wolves. Or Luke 24:36.''He Himself stood in their midst.'' Yours would mean,''He Himself stood in their insides.'' Does not make sense.
Most words in any language have multiple meanings. However, you have to be able to determine what the text is actually saying to have any idea which meaning is implied.

I have found that most Christians take the meaning that means what they want the verse to say rather than it's original intent. That's partly because of what they've been taught, and partly due to fear of being wrong.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#439735 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think that anyone cares what you think?
That was deflection on her part. She knew perfectly well that the remark was about her, not DoC. DoC never threatened anyone with a God with steel fangs, a torture worm or eternal torture. But that seems to be the fundie way of dealing with that which they can't handle.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#439736 Jan 28, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your point of not being accountable to anyone than than other humans but I think you are not factoring in some important things. First of all most criminals simply don't care about the risk or the consequences don't work as a deterrent. Now are there some smart enough and in control enough to weigh out the possible outcomes yet feel they are skilled enough to avoid being caught? Yes. But that isn't a large group IMO. Most act on impulse.
But let's say for the sake of argument that criminals only engage in criminal acts because earthly punishment isn't a sufficient deterrent. That would be a reason for arguing your point IF on the flip side believers that commit crimes did care and it worked as deterrent. This where it becomes very flawed
1) A believer shouldn't need a deterrent not to commit a crime. At the same time any moral person wouldn't require a deterent not to commit a crime. They simply wouldn't do it because it is wrong
2) Once-saved believers think all future sins are forgiven. Where is the deterrent?
3) And even those who don't subscribe to OSAS (like me) still believe if one is truly repentant later God will forgive them. I can't imagine ever feeling good about committing a crime. And I know I feel God would be much more understanding and forgiving then the criminal justice system
And any sociology course will show that deterrent doesn't dissuade crime. And if religiously speaking we know God will forgive us if we are sorry or think he already has for anything we will ever do wrong then the only real deterrent we face is the same one anyone else does which is human justice. Crimes have the same deterrent for both believers and unbelievers. Now answering to God for lack of faith or failing to obey or things that are not illegal but are sins to God, then yes as believers it stands to reason we would care more about the consequence of spiritual matters. But people are people as far as crime and they simply don't think about the outcome or care about it at the time when they decide to commit a crime. IMO anyway
(T) Peace
Very good questions, as a whole. But how do you know that God would be more forgiving of you murdering someone than the legal system would be? Jesus certainly never taught that, so I'm wondering where you get that notion.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#439737 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Robert Langdon is digging through the Vatican Library right now.
I would love to have that opportunity, wouldn't you?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#439738 Jan 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"in the midst of" is a better reference for "entos".
You do raise an intersiting arguement in that even the original Greek manuscripts are often ambiguous and that no one can say with certainty what many passages are actually saying.
Just more proof that "The Word of God" isn't the words of God, unless God is an idiot or evil.
I think X explained that verse in context very well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Ghost Writer 2 U 773,348
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min atemcowboy 558,799
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min onemale 264,971
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min AN NFL FAN 119,627
Gay snapchat names 24 min Hungry4cum 142
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 40 min Catcher1 175,509
Is Incest with mother is most pleasurable of all? (Feb '12) 58 min legsman73 49
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lil whispers 604,737
More from around the web