I think what he wrote in the sand was the beginning of the end, as it said:

Bacon and eggs again tomorrow?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#439744 Jan 28, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I only needed two...I only got two hands with which to erase.
Well it is a good thing LIL X got started then before your mouth started tasting funny...that kissin' will get ya in trouble every time.
Great.

Now I have 138 pencils and 136 erasers that I'll never be able to sell.

Did I mention that they were made from the cross of Jesus?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#439745 Jan 28, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I would love to have that opportunity, wouldn't you?
There is no telling what one would find.

I'd rather load up a truck full of the looted art.

I could move that on Ebay.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#439746 Jan 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Those Pharisees were lost so it is doubtful Jesus was telling them they had the Kingdom of God within them. Either way it is a difficult passage and it could mean either ''within'' or ''in your midst.'' Besides you missed my mistake. My examples were a different greek word which i discovered after i hit the post button.
Lost, eh? Who would Jesus have talked to about *any* subject? The Pharisees were a sect of Jews...Jesus' own religion. Though you see them as 'lost', certainly Jesus did not see them that way as he answered their question.

All Christian churches tell you that the lost are who they talk to. If that's true, then why would you think that Jesus would not (even though you have misinterpreted the whole thing to get out of believing the words of Jesus)?

Whether it means 'within you' or 'in your midst', it would STILL mean that it is here now for everyone and that you don't have to wait on it nor do you need to think it is somewhere above or elsewhere other than in your midst or within you. Arguing over semantics doesn't make it say anything other than what it says, but your trying to make it do so says much about your fear of being incorrect.

Thanks for your participation.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#439747 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
All it really proves is that the Christian doesn't understand their own Bible.
Only half of it is theirs.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#439748 Jan 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Those Pharisees were lost so it is doubtful Jesus was telling them they had the Kingdom of God within them. Either way it is a difficult passage and it could mean either ''within'' or ''in your midst.'' Besides you missed my mistake. My examples were a different greek word which i discovered after i hit the post button.
In addition, there is only one reason for Christians to deny Jesus' words here. That is that it would take away the fear tactics used by Christians to get people to join the church so they can end up having God and his kingdom only if they join and believe as instructed. It would mean that they already have it but have not recognized it, just as Jesus' was saying. It IS in your midst. It IS here now.

Having the God and his Kingdom here now would play havoc with Christianity as it is interpreted today. You would then have to realize that it is YOU who has to recognize it, live it, and show others by your actions and words that it IS here now. But in your version, you don't get it till you jump through the hoops, begging God to forgive you and treating people as badly as you like in the meantime, showing that you have no understanding of the teachings of Jesus.

It's always entertaining to watch you and others twist your brains into pretzels to discredit the words of the God you claim to worship. And it's ever so helpful.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#439749 Jan 28, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with X...delusions of grandeur. We all know the atrocities that have been committed because of delusions of grandeur....
Attrocities are not limited to nor always caused by religous beliefs.

Seen lots of athiests and non-christians with delussions of grandeur.

I seriously doubt that the gent in question is going to commit attrocities any more than I believe you or most other people will.

I find that part of your post disingenuous.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#439754 Jan 28, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>

Where is the designation for those who worship Topix?
It's under greyboxers.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#439755 Jan 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Attrocities are not limited to nor always caused by religous beliefs.
Seen lots of athiests and non-christians with delussions of grandeur.
I seriously doubt that the gent in question is going to commit attrocities any more than I believe you or most other people will.
I find that part of your post disingenuous.
Notice "G"...I said in IMO...in other words...it is what I think.

Did anywhere in my post did I say that atrocities were only committed in the name of religion? Nor did I say that only Christians could have delusions of grandeur?

This is a man that spent over a year on a gay thread gathering his pretend army...his warriors...imagining collecting ammunition...then came riding down a hill to destroy the enemy.

It is a man that thinks I should kill my son if God asked me too...he readily admitted that if God asked him to kill his son...he would.

This is also a man that thinks he has the right to state his opinion on gays while they are to sit there and take it not saying a word.

A man that readily admits he has no problem with gays as long as they stay in a closet and out of his world.

Sorry "G" if you don't agree...but I see this as a man that could easily turn to violence...especially since he thinks it is blasphemy if the "chosen" are disrespected.

This is my opinion based on what I have seen of this poster over the last 5 years or so.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#439756 Jan 28, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I differ in opinion. I believe Drachenstein is from Norse myth and killed by Hurnen Siftrit. Of course, I could be wrong. After killing the dragon,some stories say that he loaded the treasures of gold hidden by the dragon onto his horse and rode away. Some say that he then took another form and left.
I think part of this story is repeated in myths from several other countries.
But I could, as always, be mistaken.
Hmm.

So, as always, could I.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#439757 Jan 28, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry "G" if you don't agree...but I see this as a man that could easily turn to violence.......
All you have to say is "The guy scares the crap out of me." The grandeur and prejudice stuff is nothing almost everyone on topix posts, nothing new with CS.

One could trump up even Mac's references to firearms and defensive stances into an arguement that he has "delusions of Grandeur" and "capable of commiting attrocities".
It doesn't make it reality.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#439760 Jan 28, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
So says the G_O_D of all Topix addicts...
So, how's the "terminal" hoax/illness going?
It is wondeful to not be you.
Thanks for brightening my day.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#439761 Jan 28, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Most words in any language have multiple meanings. However, you have to be able to determine what the text is actually saying to have any idea which meaning is implied.
I have found that most Christians take the meaning that means what they want the verse to say rather than it's original intent. That's partly because of what they've been taught, and partly due to fear of being wrong.
What would we do as Christians without folks like you who continually point out every little defect you believe we have? I wonder, do you consider that a positive character trait?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#439762 Jan 28, 2013
Isaiah 55:8 says,“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine....

Praise be to God

Location hidden

#439763 Jan 28, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>In addition, there is only one reason for Christians to deny Jesus' words here.
Only one?
That is that it would take away the fear tactics used by Christians to get people to join the church so they can end up having God and his kingdom only if they join and believe as instructed. It would mean that they already have it but have not recognized it, just as Jesus' was saying. It IS in your midst. It IS here now.
It could have meant the presence of Jesus
Having the God and his Kingdom here now would play havoc with Christianity as it is interpreted today. You would then have to realize that it is YOU who has to recognize it, live it, and show others by your actions and words that it IS here now. But in your version, you don't get it till you jump through the hoops, begging God to forgive you and treating people as badly as you like in the meantime, showing that you have no understanding of the teachings of Jesus.
Well without critics like you who point out our every flaw, where would we be?
It's always entertaining to watch you and others twist your brains into pretzels to discredit the words of the God you claim to worship. And it's ever so helpful.
Glad you enjoy it.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#439764 Jan 28, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no power and am stuck in a flood area sweets. Sadly, real life has yanked me out of the beloved distraction that is topix. Some prayer would be appreciated Brother <3
I just hope you're all OK.

Location hidden

#439767 Jan 28, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
First...most people on this thread do not define themselves as atheist. It is a common problem that most Christians that come here however define us all as atheist simple because we do not believe as you do. That is why I asked...who YOU were including in your definition of atheist.
<quoted text>
I don't know about exclusive...there seems to be an overlap of beliefs between religions. As far as who is right...who is wrong...I dare say that no one religion is either. Truth generally is found somewhere in the middle.
<quoted text>
Do you know what the definition of atheist is?
So...by your standards...when you "sin"...you become atheist? Then later go back to being Christian? Sounds as if you are flipping a switch. A thought occurred though...do you lose your salvation during these atheist moments?
<quoted text>
Those that claim to be atheist have variables to their beliefs just as Christians do...well maybe not as many variables as Christians.
You yourself tried to define them by the remarks in your post that I responded to initially. You defined them by attributing crime/sin to their beliefs. You defined them by claiming they did not hold themselves accountable for their actions.
<quoted text>
All I was getting at is...how and whom do you classify atheists.
Let me ask...did you consider yourself an atheist when you posted what you did to "G"? If so...did for that time that it took you to write it did God not exist for you? Did you stop believing in him during that time?
LBR...your theory IMO sounds as if you are trying to put your wrong doings on to the shoulders of others...instead of just admitting that even those that are "saved" do wrong.
It also...at least IMO...sounds as if you have taken the words atheism and atheist and defined them to fit your agenda...your needs.
Atheism assumes no ultimate accountability to God. If an atheist can escape human justice then there is no further consequence for them to worry about. Under atheism killing a neighbor or not killing a neighbor is equally valid solution if human justice can be avoided. Atheism denies God because of lack of evidence only to go to a position in which there is no evidence. That means evidence is not the problem in the first place. I am at work and my time is limited. Bye.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#439768 Jan 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It's under greyboxers.
Proxy's...
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#439769 Jan 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then we'd better not mention unicorns.
Unicorns are real, we call them rhinoceroses.
Not pretty like the mythical kind.
Ginny1960

Pikeville, KY

#439770 Jan 28, 2013
I'm so sorry that you have experienced what you have, I've been there, and I wouldn't even try to change your mind because I know what it feels like to be in your shoes. The one thing I would ask you to think about before you completely make up your mind about religion is to visit a particular church. If you still feel the same way after you visit this church, then it's not hurt you to go, and you can still have the same opionion. The church is located on Highway 205 just outside of Jackson, KY. get off of highway 15 coming from Campton toward jackson, get on highway 205,make a left and go toward Lee city. It's exactly three miles on the right. You don't have to go, but just think about it. The pastor of this church is a very wise woman. I've seen God bring people out of wheel chairs, open blind eyes, heal cancer, and a lot more things I've seen God do through this woman. She's been preaching for over 40 years. If you go, and you don't feel any different, then that's fine, it's not hurt nothing by going, but if you go and get help you'll be glad that you did go. I don't like to see anyone go through what you are because I've been there, but God has really helped me through this lady, and I believe if you go, you'll get help to. Just think about it before you make your mind up:) If you want you can go through the door on the side that has the stairs, and come in late and sit in the back so you won't be bothered, it's a big church so the back pews are quite a distance from the front.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 4 min Ann Bonney 53,427
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 595,718
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Joe Fortuna 853,175
Computer THREATS DISAPPEARING from Topix!: un F... 7 min who 21
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 27 min Al Capone 6,106
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 40 min WasteWater 5,768
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 47 min WasteWater 272,040
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 53 min WasteWater 100,636
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Truths 612,581
The Christian Atheist debate 13 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 726
More from around the web