Why I’m no longer a Christian
zimitra

Morehead, KY

#439887 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I take up your vacuous statement with historians? I'm responding the same way they would were I make the same ignorant statement.
Try correcting your wording so that you don't taste foot.
We have no writings of Sewcrates, but that does not mean that he did not write anything down.
You stated that he did not write anything down. You do not know that to be the case, so the rest of your argument fails at the first step.
Just try to be honest.
I know that it is difficult at times, but give it a shot.
he wrote nothing of his teachings that we know of. does that make you happier? it conveys the same idea as posted from earlier that the master didn't record his own teachings with his own hands.

see how you took what was written and based it on your ideas?

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#439888 Jan 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Critics can think what they want. It does not affect my pay grade. But i got to admit, i am getting sick of all this. Most Christians i know associate these type threads as intellectual and spiritual lepar colonies. They think i am nuts for coming here and i am beginning to see their point. Assuming they were once Christian and walked away they should be shunned.
Then why not do as your Bible instructs and shun us? Are you going to be disobedient for the rest of your life, thereby willingly jeopardizing your salvation?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#439889 Jan 28, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
No one owes you anything Dusty. No has to prove a thing to you. I personally don't even care if you believe of his passing.
You are cold...
She's not just cold. She's a self-loathing bitch who wants everyone to be as miserable as she is.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#439890 Jan 28, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
He died without Christ. It's too late to save him.
Dusty....maybe I am just tired or desensitized as one can only be morally offended so many times before they start to go numb. Topix just really cant surprise me any more and it has done little to help my lack of confidence in man. I wanna believe more people than not are decent people that have empathy and basic respect for one another. Maybe I am kidding myself. But help me understand. The man is dead. What possible reason can there be for intruding on the grief of those who cared about him and to do so for seemingly no other reason than to appease your own ego. For God's sake Dusty, its over either way. Let his friends honor his memory without fending off attacks from the outside. Please stop pursuing this
zmey gorynich

Morehead, KY

#439891 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I take up your vacuous statement with historians? I'm responding the same way they would were I make the same ignorant statement.
Try correcting your wording so that you don't taste foot.
We have no writings of Sewcrates, but that does not mean that he did not write anything down.
You stated that he did not write anything down. You do not know that to be the case, so the rest of your argument fails at the first step.
Just try to be honest.
I know that it is difficult at times, but give it a shot.
here is the original posting

read it and then don't assume anything but what was written

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

i never stated socrates never wrote anything

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#439892 Jan 28, 2013
vere celen wrote:
<quoted text>i'm currently working on the egyptian book of the coming forth by day, or the dead.
i never stated i was interested in autobiographies. i stated, masters don't tend to write down their own teachings. they leave those to scribes, or disciples.
another
siddhartha gautama didn't write down his teachings or any personal information what most historians agree upon.
In case you don't know, an autobiography is written by the person about himself while he was alive. You said masters donh't tend to write down their own teachings. I showed you that you were wrong with the books I posted. You deflect and say you aren't interested in autobiographies...the teachings of people who write them down themselves. Some of those are as far back as 3000 BC.

Feel free to paint yourself into a corner again any time you wish.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#439893 Jan 28, 2013
unktehi wrote:
<quoted text>i'm not generally interested in ego stroking even if the sea cow is.
You mean you're not interested in truth, facts and the like. And you're embarrassed that you know so little of any of those. Gotcha.
mexaxkuk

Morehead, KY

#439894 Jan 28, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>She's not just cold. She's a self-loathing bitch who wants everyone to be as miserable as she is.
you speaking from experience or belief sea cow?

everyone has a dark side, can you love mine?
Kci Athussos

Morehead, KY

#439895 Jan 28, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You mean you're not interested in truth, facts and the like. And you're embarrassed that you know so little of any of those. Gotcha.
ah you're professing to be a prognosticator now?

i'm not interested in knowing everyone else's business, even if you are. if that makes me your embarrassment, i'm quite satisfied.

i never made any claim of knowing everything, unlike maybe the sea cow?
msi kinepikwa

Morehead, KY

#439896 Jan 28, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>In case you don't know, an autobiography is written by the person about himself while he was alive. You said masters donh't tend to write down their own teachings. I showed you that you were wrong with the books I posted. You deflect and say you aren't interested in autobiographies...the teachings of people who write them down themselves. Some of those are as far back as 3000 BC.
really, thats what the dictionary says but i'm glad you approve.
Rosa Winkel

Helensvale, Australia

#439897 Jan 28, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm ok sweets, just having electricity withdrawals. I think my kids are too, their school is closed today and I heard them saying stuff like "I suppose we could talk and read some books?" Lol... Funny boys.
<3
You're all OK @ least. Don't worry, candlelight is romantic.
:-)

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#439898 Jan 28, 2013
zimitra wrote:
<quoted text>he wrote nothing of his teachings that we know of. does that make you happier?
Ayup.

Thanks.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#439899 Jan 28, 2013
zimitra wrote:
<quoted text> it conveys the same idea as posted from earlier that the master didn't record his own teachings with his own hands.
Another vacuous statement.

Have you ever been to a library?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#439900 Jan 28, 2013
zmey gorynich wrote:
<quoted text>here is the original posting
read it and then don't assume anything but what was written
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...
i never stated socrates never wrote anything
I remember what you wrote.

And you were wrong on both claims.

But the point you wanted to make relies on your false premises.

So rather than modify your point, you dance.

I'm okey dokey with that. It don't harm me.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#439901 Jan 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> What would we do as Christians without folks like you who continually point out every little defect you believe we have?...
You would just find someone else to make it obvious to.

You come to this thread and scream your ignorance of your own religion as well as reality and expect us not to point it out ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#439902 Jan 28, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope it ain't your last...
But, you said you were 'terminal'...
Personally, I just think you are just a damn good liar.
My apologies for not having a faster acting disease to please you.

May you get exactly what you wish for others.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#439903 Jan 28, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>In case you don't know, an autobiography is written by the person about himself while he was alive. You said masters donh't tend to write down their own teachings. I showed you that you were wrong with the books I posted. You deflect and say you aren't interested in autobiographies...the teachings of people who write them down themselves. Some of those are as far back as 3000 BC.

Ruh roh

“"None shall pass"”

There

#439904 Jan 28, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Unicorns are real, we call them rhinoceroses.
Not pretty like the mythical kind.
They are pretty to other rhinos. <smile>

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#439905 Jan 28, 2013
mexaxkuk wrote:
<quoted text>you speaking from experience or belief sea cow?
everyone has a dark side, can you love mine?
Watch the philosophizer turn to the dark side when rattled.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#439906 Jan 28, 2013
Kci Athussos wrote:
<quoted text>ah you're professing to be a prognosticator now?
i'm not interested in knowing everyone else's business, even if you are. if that makes me your embarrassment, i'm quite satisfied.
i never made any claim of knowing everything, unlike maybe the sea cow?
Projection

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 44 min Mnbvc 30,865
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Wardaddy99 987,315
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Berzerkers 286,543
Anthony Bragg 2 hr Eyes open Smh 29
SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would win? (Jan '08) 2 hr USSF 184
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 687,223
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 5 hr Doctor REALITY 5
More from around the web