Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>O heard 'bout it back then, but figgered it was a cat fight. No interest ta me @ the time.
Sounds like I better git them bleachers built then...never pass up the oppertunity ta make a buck y'know...Do ya know anaone what got's a cheap pizza shack fer sale? I'll split the proceeds with ya. We kin call it "Lil' Pina's Pizza".
I know a guy who knows a guy who can ship out a pizza shack pretty quickly. We should be rollin' in the dough in no time. Haha.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmm .... lambchops.
My thoughts exactly.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but what about the energy already inside of us?
<quoted text>
Decomposes? You're losing me here a little bit. Our source of fuel is the food we consume, isn't it? I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I swear it; you're my bud, and that ain't gonna change. I'm just trying to get a clearer picture here.
<quoted text>
A little mysticism is good for the soul; it makes life more interesting, a little more colorful. It makes life feel a little more like a trip to Disneyland rather than spending day after dreary day in high school.
I think what a lot of people do--the vast majority of the Western religious culture, I dare say--is to see a belief in God, the bible, souls, the ten commandments, moses, the parting of the red sea & etc--as a package deal, either to be accepted or rejected in toto; I don't.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, Thomas Paine (a well-known deist) saw God as the First Cause. I have absolutely no problem with that. He didn't see "god" as this bearded cheerleader for the Hebrews, dressed in robes and sandals, and waving a wooden staff around, while jumping up and down and shouting, "Yeah! The jews are *my* people! And the rest of you can eat shit!"
In the Old Ways of my family's tradition, the myth says that first there was void and chaos; and that this void was torn open and the Goddess stepped through. She looked around and felt lonely, so she split herself into two--female and male. Then they had wild and crazy sex (Pagan "big bang" theory!), she became pregnant, and she gave birth to the Universe. Do I accept this as a literal truth? Nope; but my nonna does. If you press her on it, she'll simply say, "Shaddapa you head, and stop bothering me."
*I* think it's kind of poetic. And, since there's a full moon tonight, I'll be casting a circle and raising a toast to her and Dionysus (god of wine). I can understand how some can see it as an empty gesture, or even a complete waste of time; but to me, the stone circle and the altar, and the candles and the incense, and all the other ritual paraphernalia bathed in the glow of a full and silver moon in the dead of night makes me feel more alive. It helps me to connect with Divine Nature.
And the sex with Stephie ain't half-bad, either!
;)
I'm all for wine and sex.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Binding scarves?
Pay no attention ta the man behind the curtain.
The idiocy of religious men who can't keep their zippers closed and need to 'bind' women so they won't do anything against their religious laws.

The way our congressmen are going, this is what we'll see for women of America in the future. But they're too worried about who gays are having sex with and who owns a gun to see the very real spread of this kind of thinking.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Zuiko wrote:
If it wasn't for Christianity we in the West would all be Muslims and living in a repressed, no freedom, backward society, just like all Muslim countries.
If it wasn't for Christianity that stopped the expansion of Islam into Europe, and thus all Europe and subsequently America becoming Muslim.
Those who are ignorant of history, or choose to ignore history, do not realize this.
And those who are ignorant of Christian history or choose to ignore it, do not realize that this is the same path down which we are headed this very day.

Get your thinking cap on.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
So people should be thanking Christians. Right?
Yeah. The Dark Ages are proof of that for which we should be thanking them. You know, the Dark Ages that some Christians in power today are trying to bring back.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>I have the assurance of eternal life. If I die right now I'll be with Jesus.
It's your salvation which concerns me. I fear that you are hellbound.
Belief, not fact.

When did Jesus ever wish people to curl up like bacon while burning or wish them to have a torture worm? Answer: Never.

You should be concerned that maybe what you've been taught is incorrect and that you will have to answer for your own indiscretions (all of them) and your hate (all of it) should there be a judgment day. Jesus didn't teach any of the crap you talk about. More importantly, the bible never mentions a god with steel fangs. Isn't it a sin to add to the Bible like that just because you hate the people who hurt you or the ones you imagine are hurting you now?

How can people disagreeing with you hurt you in any way? Does it take away persecution points or something?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Has anyone seen anything debunking, or further informing, the claim that a person who died showed a minute but measurable loss of mass at the moment of death? snopes attributes it as "True", insofar as the actual experiment and results, but I've heard nothing further on the matter.
Here is a write up on the source of that claim:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_MacDouga...

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>"There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God." {#Heb 4:9}
How different will be the state of the believer in heaven from what it is here! Here he is born to toil and suffer weariness, but in the land of the immortal, fatigue is never known. Anxious to serve his Master, he finds his strength unequal to his zeal: his constant cry is, "Help me to serve thee, O my God." If he be thoroughly active, he will have much labour; not too much for his will, but more than enough for his power, so that he will cry out, "I am not wearied of the labour, but I am wearied in it." Ah! Christian, the hot day of weariness lasts not for ever; the sun is nearing the horizon; it shall rise again with a brighter day than thou hast ever seen upon a land where they serve God day and night, and yet rest from their labours. Here, rest is but partial, there, it is perfect. Here, the Christian is always unsettled; he feels that he has not yet attained. There, all are at rest; they have attained the summit of the mountain; they have ascended to the bosom of their God. Higher they cannot go. Ah, toil worn labourer, only think when thou shalt rest for ever! Canst thou conceive it? It is a rest eternal; a rest that "remaineth." Here, my best joys bear "mortal" on their brow; my fair flowers fade; my dainty cups are drained to dregs; my sweetest birds fall before Death痴 arrows; my most pleasant days are shadowed into nights; and the flood tides of my bliss subside into ebbs of sorrow; but there, everything is immortal; the harp abides unrusted, the crown unwithered, the eye undimmed, the voice unfaltering, the heart unwavering, and the immortal being is wholly absorbed in infinite delight. Happy day! happy! when mortality shall be swallowed up of life, and the Eternal Sabbath shall begin.
Preaching to a man again. Your Bible says nothing of not preaching to men JUST in church. It says you are not to do so at all. Ooops! Your torture worm, Elvis, hears all that you say.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>1 Corinthians 6:2
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
T-Town Clown and I will judge at the final judgment day. Oh,well
I'm sure you think you're a saint. Your posts prove otherwise.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>It's an impossibility. I am already a member of the family of God. This world is not my home, I'm just passing through.
You are in danger of hellfire. You are bound up in your witchery. You alone can make the decision trust Jesus.
He is your only hope.
You just keep thinking that while disobeying everything Jesus ever taught. Obey Paul. He's much more of a deity to you than Jesus will ever be.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You're pretty gutty there to be calling God names, sister.
Re-read what I said. I said 'people who make God out to be an evil ass'. That wouldn't be God. It would be people like you. But you refuse to see that in your self-importance.
orochi

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but what about the energy already inside of us?
<quoted text>
Decomposes? You're losing me here a little bit. Our source of fuel is the food we consume, isn't it? I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I swear it; you're my bud, and that ain't gonna change. I'm just trying to get a clearer picture here.
<quoted text>
A little mysticism is good for the soul; it makes life more interesting, a little more colorful. It makes life feel a little more like a trip to Disneyland rather than spending day after dreary day in high school.
I think what a lot of people do--the vast majority of the Western religious culture, I dare say--is to see a belief in God, the bible, souls, the ten commandments, moses, the parting of the red sea & etc--as a package deal, either to be accepted or rejected in toto; I don't.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, Thomas Paine (a well-known deist) saw God as the First Cause. I have absolutely no problem with that. He didn't see "god" as this bearded cheerleader for the Hebrews, dressed in robes and sandals, and waving a wooden staff around, while jumping up and down and shouting, "Yeah! The jews are *my* people! And the rest of you can eat shit!"
In the Old Ways of my family's tradition, the myth says that first there was void and chaos; and that this void was torn open and the Goddess stepped through. She looked around and felt lonely, so she split herself into two--female and male. Then they had wild and crazy sex (Pagan "big bang" theory!), she became pregnant, and she gave birth to the Universe. Do I accept this as a literal truth? Nope; but my nonna does. If you press her on it, she'll simply say, "Shaddapa you head, and stop bothering me."
*I* think it's kind of poetic. And, since there's a full moon tonight, I'll be casting a circle and raising a toast to her and Dionysus (god of wine). I can understand how some can see it as an empty gesture, or even a complete waste of time; but to me, the stone circle and the altar, and the candles and the incense, and all the other ritual paraphernalia bathed in the glow of a full and silver moon in the dead of night makes me feel more alive. It helps me to connect with Divine Nature.
And the sex with Stephie ain't half-bad, either!
;)
the presumption that higher dimensional beings would operate solely on the same types of matter for fuel is strange. even third density animals don't all subsist on the same types of fuels for existence.

case in point: we can assimilate light into a form of matter necessary for the third density vehicle. what might be a waste for one, might be a fuel for another.

light has also been converted artificially into matter.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1997/09/...

in hindu cosmologies there are those who claim that they can subsist solely on prana

in fact for us as human; prana is vital

like this guy

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/International/ma...

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if you are jealous because I am saved completely and forever, or if you wish me to be damned to hell (which can never happen), or you are mad because I do not have to follow your set of rules in order to attain salvation (only the sacrifice on Calvary saves), or you are so stamped with Catholicism until you were age 7 that the Catholic Church will have you for life.
I didn't see where Skom was mad at you at all. He gave you an opinion. You somehow take that as anger. But your church/pastor tells you that anyone who doesn't believe as you do is angry or has a demon or some other ridiculous thing.
You're actually too smart to believe that kind of thing, but you stated that you gave up what you had learned through education in order to dumb yourself down enough to be a believer. It really is a shame, dusty. However, if it keeps you from harming yourself or others, maybe it's a good thing.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have time to respond to all of your posts Steve. I do however want to address a few things.
My original post that you responded to was not about you...it was about what I see on this thread. You gave me your opinion about what I said...I did the same in return. Nothing more...nothing less.
The only other issue that I wanted to address is dragging things up from the past...whether that is my past or your past. We all have things in our past that we did that are foolish...we learn from them...and then move on. The past should stay in the past and not be drug up and used against someone.
The problems between WN and I are in the past. We resolved it between the two of us in private...agreed to start all over...put it behind us...move on. We have done that. We have seen no need to rehash it...if we did...we would.
I won't get in to any long term argument with you Steve. We have never been what I would say close friends but we have always managed to talk our way through and to find at least a little respect for each other. I see no need for that to change...at least on my part.
We don't always agree...we believe differently...we come from different perspectives and experiences.
Okay...any more said and it just opens the door for back and forth debate...neither I nor my laptop is up to that this morning. Sadly it is on it's way this morning to see if it is worth salvaging. It has always overheated but seems as if lately it gets that way as soon as I turn it on. Add to that my cooling pad stopped working and I only get a short period of time before it shuts itself off. Probably going to have to fit a new one in to the budget...yeah...that is a nice thought to start the day off with. Off to the shop to see if it is a cheap fix or not.
So I leave it at this Steve. If you thought that my posts were directed at you personally and entirely...then I apologize because that was not my intent. I had just reached a point where I was tired of hearing some talk about pubic hair, landing strips, licking parts of peaoples bodies and then telling me that I needed to get saved or I would burn in hell.
One of the things I have noted on Topix is that once some people have harsh words, they are unable to talk to that person and that person alone and work things out. It's childish not to say 'I'm sorry' when you know you've hurt someone else.

It is also notable that the past is always more important than the here and now.

I can also dislike someone and occasionally agree with them when their thinking and mine are on the same level. Some Christians seem to think that if they ever agree with a non-Christian they have somehow crossed some sort of invisible line into the world of the non-Christian.

I agree with much of what G_O_D writes, but there is also much with which I don't agree. I post responses to him (and anyone else) as to how I feel no matter whether I agree or not. I don't agree with NoStress on many theological things but think she is one of the nicest and most respectable people on Topix. I agree with Kait on many of her ideas but would never use the language she uses to express herself and have said so to her instead of saying it to someone else. It doesn't keep me from agreeing with her on the things I agree with, nor disagreeing with her on that which I don't.

Life is not black and white. It is almost all shades of gray.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Christians, like you, seem to need to redefine atheism in order to make them the enemy.
This reveals the malicious dishonesty of Christianity.
Atheism is the enemy of truth and humanity. Atheism never subjects itself to the critical evaluation it imposes on others. Most, if not all criminal acts are atheistic in their thinking absent severe mental illnesses. Be they crimes against individuals or humanity or nature. Why? Because atheism assumes there is no accountability to God if they escape human justice. Atheism sets precident for mass murder and anarchy, to name a few. Atheism sets precident for legal abortion and a host of other societal dysfunction. Prove it wrong.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need an excuse. I have never done what I was accused of. Even the person that made post has now said as much. And you are simply one of the angriest people I have ever come across in any walk of life
You up yet for explaining where it was Christians "got in your face" and told you that you were going to hell and you think there ought to be a law that makes that assault and punishable by mandatory jail-time?
It would be like watching a KKK member say that someone black should be sent to jail for saying something back to him online! And yes I know Christianity has roots in the KKK. I am pointing out the irony. For a more "enlightened" individual you are simply an angry bigot who looks for fights and then cries he is the victim. I am guessing once you no longer had God to blame for your rotten life you took to Topix and decided to blame Christians.
99% of your posts are just going person to person venting your hatred. What is it that makes you this unhappy every day?
excuses what you excel at

you promote evil, you exude a filthy philosophy, what is there to like?

you praise yourself, it is sickening

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

OLd FaRt wrote:
<quoted text>
This world is not my home, I'm just passing through.
I have never seen a Christian who would like to die,maybe they are not as sure as they act,,hum
I've never known one who wanted to die either. But we sure have read about many who wanted others to die so much that they helped them to do so.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The atheist flock will have to stand judgment for their lying, and injustice one day. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes at that time!
Clownie
And, according to your Bible, you will have to stand judgment for every single thing you've done since you claimed Jesus as your savior and then denied him by not living according to his teachings. Good luck with that.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Atheism is the enemy of truth and humanity. Atheism never subjects itself to the critical evaluation it imposes on others. Most, if not all criminal acts are atheistic in their thinking absent severe mental illnesses. Be they crimes against individuals or humanity or nature. Why? Because atheism assumes there is no accountability to God if they escape human justice. Atheism sets precident for mass murder and anarchy, to name a few. Atheism sets precident for legal abortion and a host of other societal dysfunction. Prove it wrong.
How can you evaluate a lack of a claim? Demonstrate this, show that not believing in leprechauns can be evaluated.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 415,101 - 415,120 of440,819
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

506 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Divinity Surgeon 216,881
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min nanoanomaly 680,104
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 8 min yon 398
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 15 min -USA-1 37,858
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min who 250,371
I'm want to have sex with my mom (Jun '11) 19 min Dr J 132
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 21 min bill34b87 246
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 512,087
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Some1 Else 89,563
•••
•••
•••