“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#439474 Jan 27, 2013
OLd FaRt wrote:
<quoted text>
This world is not my home, I'm just passing through.
I have never seen a Christian who would like to die,maybe they are not as sure as they act,,hum
I've never known one who wanted to die either. But we sure have read about many who wanted others to die so much that they helped them to do so.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#439475 Jan 27, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The atheist flock will have to stand judgment for their lying, and injustice one day. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes at that time!
Clownie
And, according to your Bible, you will have to stand judgment for every single thing you've done since you claimed Jesus as your savior and then denied him by not living according to his teachings. Good luck with that.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#439476 Jan 27, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Atheism is the enemy of truth and humanity. Atheism never subjects itself to the critical evaluation it imposes on others. Most, if not all criminal acts are atheistic in their thinking absent severe mental illnesses. Be they crimes against individuals or humanity or nature. Why? Because atheism assumes there is no accountability to God if they escape human justice. Atheism sets precident for mass murder and anarchy, to name a few. Atheism sets precident for legal abortion and a host of other societal dysfunction. Prove it wrong.
How can you evaluate a lack of a claim? Demonstrate this, show that not believing in leprechauns can be evaluated.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#439477 Jan 27, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a radical idea: How about holding the *criminal himself* responsible?
Why do liberals hate honest gun owners so much?
Diane Feinstein wants to pass legislation to track and punish, to register and to ultimately disarm all law-abiding firearms owners, while saying nothing about criminals. It's pretty easy to see who she really represents.
if you are to own a weapon, you need be responsible for it's care and safety.

The US is a very litigious nation, it would be helpful to see victims sue the owners of guns should they suffer any loss in connection with that weapon.

just the cost of the suit should be sufficient for owners to seek insurance, and responsibility.
olobit

Hopkinsville, KY

#439478 Jan 27, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but what about the energy already inside of us?
<quoted text>
Decomposes? You're losing me here a little bit. Our source of fuel is the food we consume, isn't it? I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I swear it; you're my bud, and that ain't gonna change. I'm just trying to get a clearer picture here.
<quoted text>
A little mysticism is good for the soul; it makes life more interesting, a little more colorful. It makes life feel a little more like a trip to Disneyland rather than spending day after dreary day in high school.
I think what a lot of people do--the vast majority of the Western religious culture, I dare say--is to see a belief in God, the bible, souls, the ten commandments, moses, the parting of the red sea & etc--as a package deal, either to be accepted or rejected in toto; I don't.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, Thomas Paine (a well-known deist) saw God as the First Cause. I have absolutely no problem with that. He didn't see "god" as this bearded cheerleader for the Hebrews, dressed in robes and sandals, and waving a wooden staff around, while jumping up and down and shouting, "Yeah! The jews are *my* people! And the rest of you can eat shit!"
In the Old Ways of my family's tradition, the myth says that first there was void and chaos; and that this void was torn open and the Goddess stepped through. She looked around and felt lonely, so she split herself into two--female and male. Then they had wild and crazy sex (Pagan "big bang" theory!), she became pregnant, and she gave birth to the Universe. Do I accept this as a literal truth? Nope; but my nonna does. If you press her on it, she'll simply say, "Shaddapa you head, and stop bothering me."
*I* think it's kind of poetic. And, since there's a full moon tonight, I'll be casting a circle and raising a toast to her and Dionysus (god of wine). I can understand how some can see it as an empty gesture, or even a complete waste of time; but to me, the stone circle and the altar, and the candles and the incense, and all the other ritual paraphernalia bathed in the glow of a full and silver moon in the dead of night makes me feel more alive. It helps me to connect with Divine Nature.
And the sex with Stephie ain't half-bad, either!
;)
another article on the same guy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asi...

the man is a devotee to a hindu goddess.

mysticism is the system that transcends all paths because it is through her that we come to know the indefinite more intuitively. it is the example of our immature self in relation to the ABSOLUTE and it infinite aspects.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#439479 Jan 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not supposed to be comfortable with the idea of unbelievers burning forever.
The truth that unbelievers will burn forever should spur any normal person to run into the street warning the next person who comes by that there is a literal hell, Jesus spoke of it, and how to avoid going there.
provide the references

liar

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#439480 Jan 27, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Read Foxe's Book Of Martyrs.
None of them wanted to die, Chris. That people die because they won't change their minds is a whole different thing than 'wanting' to die.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#439481 Jan 27, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Atheism is the enemy of truth and humanity. Atheism never subjects itself to the critical evaluation it imposes on others. Most, if not all criminal acts are atheistic in their thinking absent severe mental illnesses. Be they crimes against individuals or humanity or nature. Why? Because atheism assumes there is no accountability to God if they escape human justice. Atheism sets precident for mass murder and anarchy, to name a few. Atheism sets precident for legal abortion and a host of other societal dysfunction. Prove it wrong.
Thanks for sharing your frustration with people who refuse to believe your lies, Christian.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#439482 Jan 27, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
At least there will be options.
http://www.google.com/imgres...
Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are. I still hope Clownie has a good time. More than that, I hope the lady has a good time.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#439483 Jan 27, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>And, according to your Bible, you will have to stand judgment for every single thing you've done since you claimed Jesus as your savior and then denied him by not living according to his teachings. Good luck with that.
but it doesn't exclude you now during your life,each stay before throne of God and commit bad transgrssions sentenced everyday by your own sins to death penalty
Isaiah 66;1-2

if according to those passages"earth is Gods footstool, also Judgement of God is during lifes of all humna living and receiving reward for their own daily acts,
Your daily evil acts doesn't exclude or clown from the same wide moraly filthy road(life) leading to the death- finish all life stories,
not even realizing why you were living on this earth and what purpose

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#439484 Jan 27, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> In his sh#thole of a world? Never has been the agenda. His kingdom is not of this world.
Another one who doesn't believe Jesus. He said that the kingdom of heaven is within you (or, all around you, by some translations).

It's always worth noting when Christians don't know what the God they believe in actually said but do believe Paul & Co.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#439485 Jan 27, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
Precedent, child, precedent.

If you can't spell it, you shouldn't be writing about it.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#439486 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you evaluate a lack of a claim? Demonstrate this, show that not believing in leprechauns can be evaluated.
You can believe what you want to be true but if you impose standards on Theists and at the same time cling to your atheism which cannot be proven then there is an obvious logical inconsistancy in your conclusion. You need to re evaluate your atheism or remain forever a walking contradiction.

What stops an atheist from killing his neighbor if he hates him and believe he can escape human justice? Answer=nothing.

What stops a Theist from killing his neighbor if he believes he can escape human justice? Answer=God and judgement.

That is the difference.

Location hidden

#439487 Jan 27, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Precedent, child, precedent.
If you can't spell it, you shouldn't be writing about it.
Answer the question. Child.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#439488 Jan 27, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Answer the question. Child.
Ask an intelligent question and I may.

And speaking of intelligent questions: What is the percentage of the US prison population that claims to be Christian, and how does that compare to the percentage claiming to be atheist?

You don't even need to spell precedent correctly to answer.

Location hidden

#439489 Jan 27, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Another one who doesn't believe Jesus. He said that the kingdom of heaven is within you (or, all around you, by some translations).
If you are quoting GoThomas then that is not a Christian primary source and never has been. The correct translation has to do with the kingdom on Heaven comming near you. Not within you as in Luke as in Luke 10:9 and 11. Ot come upon you as in Matthew 12:38.
It's always worth noting when Christians don't know what the God they believe in actually said but do believe Paul & Co.
I believe Jesus bodily resurrected. You do not. I believe we will be judged based on our relationship with God in Christ. I believe any Christian has to be totally committed to Jesus and everything else, including family, riches, career, sexuality plays second fiddle. It all belongs to Him.

Location hidden

#439490 Jan 27, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask an intelligent question and I may.
And speaking of intelligent questions: What is the percentage of the US prison population that claims to be Christian, and how does that compare to the percentage claiming to be atheist?
You don't even need to spell precedent correctly to answer.
HA HA. Now who is the child? You limp wrist wussy! Nothing but excuses!

What stops an atheist from killing his neighbor if he hates him and believes he can escape human justice? Personal convictions? That makes you a limp wrist or a phoney. Never mind that! Another atheist may decide to go ahead and kill his neighbor since atheism assumes no accounting to God. Under atheism both are equally valid.

What stops a Theist from killing his neighbor if he hates him and believes he can escape human justice? Answer. God and judgement.

That is the difference. Murder is always wrong and there is an accounting even if the murderer escapes human justice.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#439491 Jan 27, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I know a guy who knows a guy who can ship out a pizza shack pretty quickly. We should be rollin' in the dough in no time. Haha.
Ya . It's gotta be really quick, coz these travl'n salesman type inquisitors don't hang 'round to long. Don'cha know!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#439492 Jan 27, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm all for wine and sex.
I don't mine the sex,...I jist can't stand all the wine'n.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#439493 Jan 27, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> If you are quoting GoThomas then that is not a Christian primary source and never has been. The correct translation has to do with the kingdom on Heaven comming near you....
LOL *snort*

The Bible is wrong, but the Christian is right. But we should believe the Bible, but not what the Bible says, what the Christian says.

Funny, ain't they?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min River Tam 765,119
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 10 min arabian 5,444
Why Topix is dying 32 min Protester 1
I wish homosexuals never existed...... 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 77
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 263,625
4 Powerful Steps to Permanently Dissolve Panic ... 1 hr Dissolve Panic 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Roberta G 175,050
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Black Thunder 42 603,706
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr Oxbow 555,079
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 13 hr Ayyan 1,187

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE