There

#439654 Jan 28, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
And the still the story grows with every telling. <smile>
<quoted text>
His name?
Is that like a desert version of writing one's name in the snow?
Yeah, maybe he peed in the sand. That would be cool!

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#439655 Jan 28, 2013
AGAIN, you describe christianity!! "Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven!!" You claim to be forgiven for all of your future sins, so go forth and sin some more. It gives you NO MOTIVE to improve yourselves.<end quote>
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Not true.
Of course it’s true. Otherwise, christians would not continue to lie and hate after they get caught lying and hating.

You mean, like the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, the Burning Times, the rack and the thumbscrews, and the guillotine? Or maybe you meant Salem, and the hangings of innocent people? Or maybe you meant the nearly complete genocide of the American Indians in the name of that christian policy of Manifest Destiny?
That lightbeam you claim to ride is getting dimmer by the minute.<end quote>

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> None of that has anything to do with primary source material or the teachings of its founder which is how Christianity is defined.
I’ve seen some of that “source material.” It merely proves further how hypocritical christianity is.

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Critics such as yourself define it by abuses which has never been the right definition.
I just observe and report what I see.

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Not only that you distort its teachings to mean we can live as we please and all is forgiven. This is all simply false.
I don’t have to distort anything; your cult speaks for itself.

That is exactly your message: all is forgiven, you can live as you please. That is what christians do. Your brothers in christ waaasssuuup and T-Town Clown are two prime examples.

Or will you dare tell them that they are not "true" christians?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#439656 Jan 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
And the still the story grows with every telling. <smile>
<quoted text>
His name?
Is that like a desert version of writing one's name in the snow?
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, maybe he peed in the sand. That would be cool!
"Hey, dad; look what *I* can do!! Jaaaaayyyyy.....Eeeeeeee.....( giggle! giggle!!) Esssssss....."

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#439657 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should read Daniel again. It doesn't say what you claimed that it said.
You may have been listening to lying Christian preachers rather than reading the text for yourself.
Daniel doesn't mention the Son of Man in 7:13.
What Daniel says is "one like a son of man".
Matthew 26:63.''I adjure you by the living God that you tell us whether you are the Christ,(Messiah) the son of God.'' That does not mean the high priest was expecting a mere man as Messiah.
26:64....''You have said it yourself; never the less i tell you, hereafter you will see the son of man sitting at the right hand of Power (Psalm 110:1) and coming in the clouds of Heaven.''

Son of man and clouds of heaven are both referencing Daniel 7:13. It does not have to be exact. Right hand of power is beside God. This is not a man only.
The other kingdoms were represented by what?
Beasts.
Where?
And who inherits the new kingdom?
"The holy ones of the Most High will receive the kingdom and will take possession of the kingdom forever and ever."
Don't know off hand what you are referencing. Most interpret Isaiah 53 as referring to Israel or a righteous remnant but Psalms 110:1 has the servant as seated at the right hand of God. They use Isaiah 49:3 as context for Isaiah 53 where the servant is Israel. This ignores Isaiah 49:5-6 where the identity of the servant is distinct from Israel. You are looking for explicit references but most are implicit. Either way the reaction of the high priest indicates he understood the claims of Jesus as the Isaiah servant or Messiah very well.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#439658 Jan 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You can believe what you want to be true but if you impose standards on Theists and at the same time cling to your atheism which cannot be proven then there is an obvious logical inconsistancy in your conclusion. You need to re evaluate your atheism or remain forever a walking contradiction.
What stops an atheist from killing his neighbor if he hates him and believe he can escape human justice? Answer=nothing.
What stops a Theist from killing his neighbor if he believes he can escape human justice? Answer=God and judgement.
That is the difference.
You didn't explain how you can evaluate a lack of belief in leprechauns. So this must be you admitting you are just an idiot preacher trying to fill the coffers.

A lack of belief in leprechauns is the same things as atheism, the only difference is the name of what's not believed. If you cannot apply your logic to the lack of belief in leprechauns then your logic is a failure.

Location hidden

#439659 Jan 28, 2013
AGAIN, you describe christianity!! "Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven!!" You claim to be forgiven for all of your future sins, so go forth and sin some more. It gives you NO MOTIVE to improve yourselves.<end quote>
<quoted text>
Of course it’s true. Otherwise, christians would not continue to lie and hate after they get caught lying and hating.
No it is not true. Cite Christian primary source material to validate any of your claims. That we can live as we please and still be saved. That we can murder and go on and on and still be saved. Cite primary Christian source material which states Christians are to go on crusades or burn witches.
You mean, like the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, the Burning Times, the rack and the thumbscrews, and the guillotine?
The guillotine was big in the Frence Revolution which was atheistic.
Or maybe you meant Salem, and the hangings of innocent people? Or maybe you meant the nearly complete genocide of the American Indians in the name of that christian policy of Manifest Destiny?
I am chippewa and still Christian. The difference being i do not define Christianity by humpty dumpty definitions in which words means what you want them to mean.
I’ve seen some of that “source material.” It merely proves further how hypocritical christianity is.
From my perspective it means you are biblical illiterate.
I just observe and report what I see.
Then you look at things through jaundiced eyes.
I don’t have to distort anything; your cult speaks for itself.
You do distort and without apology.
That is exactly your message: all is forgiven, you can live as you please.
Cite that from the New Testament.
That is what christians do. Your brothers in christ waaasssuuup and T-Town Clown are two prime examples.
Or will you dare tell them that they are not "true" christians?
You are the accuser of the bretheren. The critic of Christians? Why should i confess the sins of others when folks like you are the experts?

Location hidden

#439660 Jan 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't explain how you can evaluate a lack of belief in leprechauns. So this must be you admitting you are just an idiot preacher trying to fill the coffers.
What coffers? Coffers has to do with money. Why would i slum it on Topix if i was interested in money?
A lack of belief in leprechauns is the same things as atheism, the only difference is the name of what's not believed. If you cannot apply your logic to the lack of belief in leprechauns then your logic is a failure.
I have answered and you never answered back. You just keep repeating the same nonsense.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#439661 Jan 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Cite Christian primary source material to validate any of your claims.....
So, you don't want the facts, just your biased and filtered cop-outs.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#439662 Jan 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> What coffers? Coffers has to do with money. Why would i slum it on Topix if i was interested in money?
<quoted text> I have answered and you never answered back. You just keep repeating the same nonsense.
If that was your answer, then you have proven that you cannot prove a negative, thus atheism is the default position and the only sane one when lacking any evidence.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#439663 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>Many Christians, like you, seem to need to redefine atheism in order to make them the enemy.

This reveals the malicious dishonesty of Christianity.
That makes no sense X. I expected better from you.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#439664 Jan 28, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. The Dark Ages are proof of that for which we should be thanking them. You know, the Dark Ages that some Christians in power today are trying to bring back.
Very true.

Location hidden

#439665 Jan 28, 2013
Alkuajatus wrote:
A week. No real proof. No death notice. No obit. NO condolences anywhere (except here, funny that). Nada.

There's some insight, for you.
Why would someone make something like that up? Have you no decency?

Location hidden

#439666 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
Juicylu,

If I remember correctly, you said that you were reading, or had just read a biography of Einstein.

Who was the author of that book, please?
His Life and Universe by Walter Isaacs

Location hidden

#439667 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
Juicylu,

If I remember correctly, you said that you were reading, or had just read a biography of Einstein.

Who was the author of that book, please?
*Isaacson*

Location hidden

#439668 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a sockpuppet of Jucylu?

If so, could you please provide the name of the author of the Einstein biography that you read.
I have no socks. I also would not attribute anything to the writings of Nietzsche.

Location hidden

#439669 Jan 28, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Why does it bother me that people think the teachings of Jesus Christ don't apply to them despite being specifically told they do and that it is one of the main reasons the Holy Spirit was sent is to remind us of his teachings?

Why does it bother me that the last instruction Jesus gave to his disciples was go out and baptize all nations in his name and make sure they obey (observe) all he has commanded and it is his own professed followers telling people that instruction from Christ is a lie from the devil?

Why does it bother me that people promote a false teaching that all future sins are automatically forgiven despite dozens and dozens of verses that say the exact opposite and many of the people on Topix who believe this also tend to be the ones that do some of the most heinous stuff in the name of God?

Why does it bother me that many OSAS on Topix are the first to claim anybody who doesn't believe as they do are not Christians yet refuse to ever give their interpretation of scripture and take off running or try to change the subject because they like making accusations but not actually dealing with what the Bible says?

Gee I don't know Dusty, you can figure it out i am sure
Lol...

Location hidden

#439670 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for sharing.

Are you also a sockpuppet of Jucylu?

I am asking about the author of a specific biography that was "quoted".

Can you provide?
*rolling eyes at X accusing anyone who agrees with me a sock* I never thought of you as someone who could be so obtuse. Is it deliberate? There's more to life X. Truly.
endtime

AOL

#439671 Jan 28, 2013

6-6-6 ... "guessing-game" ENDS HERE --- ID'd

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min oneear69 37,185
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Chuck 688,847
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min scienceisgod 988,572
Putin: Hillary Made Up Russian Collusion 50 min The Henchman 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Here For Now 619,813
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr ChromiuMan 6,551
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 5
More from around the web