Why I’m no longer a Christian

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#439634 Jan 27, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> In the Luke passages as it relates to kingdom of God Luke uses it as being near you except for that one verse in which a different Greek word is used while addressing the Pharisees which is easily translated ''within''. So i read some notes on it. That was their explanation as to why they translated to the english ''in your midst''.
Your's, mine and X's interpretations are different. No way to prove who is right or wrong. What can be proven is that "God's Word" is ambiguous, misleading and often quite worthless and useless as 'facts'.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#439635 Jan 27, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> In the Luke passages as it relates to kingdom of God Luke uses it as being near you except for that one verse in which a different Greek word is used while addressing the Pharisees which is easily translated ''within''. So i read some notes on it. That was their explanation as to why they translated to the english ''in your midst''.
Now do you remember your original statement that started this little adventure?

I do.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#439636 Jan 27, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Fu#k You. You piece of sh#t.
Wait, that's not it.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#439637 Jan 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
All claims are based on interpretations. Jesus never directly claims to be a deity in any record. In John he does seem to claim to be Messiah but the Jewish Messiah is not a deity, just a human.
I don't know about that. That means you have humans dying for humans as in the Isaiah 53 passage. How can a human or a group of humans offer themselves up as a guilt offering? Since guilt offering has to meet certain requirements as far as purity. How can a human come in the clouds of heaven, not earth as in the Daniel verse. John the Baptist refers to Jesus as the Lamb of God and the phrase is only repeated in Revelation 14. These are all allusions to the Isaiah verse. What man calls another man a lamb? The critics of Jesus understood the claims of Jesus very well when they said ''You being a man make yourself out to be God.'' John 10:33.

In Matthew 26:64 Jesus quotes the Daniel 7:13 to the high priest and in response the high priest tears his robe and accuses Jesus of blasphemy. If they were only expecting a man why the blasphemy charge? Remember the Daniel verse has the son of man coming in the clouds of heaven, not earth. In the Old that means judgement.

Location hidden

#439638 Jan 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Your's, mine and X's interpretations are different. No way to prove who is right or wrong. What can be proven is that "God's Word" is ambiguous, misleading and often quite worthless and useless as 'facts'.
It may be hard to understand in parts but that does not mean it is worthless. The essentials remain.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#439639 Jan 27, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Christians, like you, seem to need to redefine atheism in order to make them the enemy.
This reveals the malicious dishonesty of Christianity.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Atheism is the enemy of truth and humanity.
No--christianity is.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Atheism never subjects itself to the critical evaluation it imposes on others.
You just described christianity. No atheist ever claims divine forgiveness for all future acts; you christians do it all the time. That's how you justify your hypocrisy.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Most, if not all criminal acts are atheistic in their thinking absent severe mental illnesses.
That is nothing more than mere bigoted opinion, with not a shred of evidence to back it up.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Be they crimes against individuals or humanity or nature. Why? Because atheism assumes there is no accountability to God if they escape human justice.
AGAIN, you describe christianity!! "Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven!!" You claim to be forgiven for all of your future sins, so go forth and sin some more. It gives you NO MOTIVE to improve yourselves.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Atheism sets precident for mass murder and anarchy, to name a few.
You mean, like the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, the Burning Times, the rack and the thumbscrews, and the guillotine? Or maybe you meant Salem, and the hangings of innocent people? Or maybe you meant the nearly complete genocide of the American Indians in the name of that christian policy of Manifest Destiny?

That lightbeam you claim to ride is getting dimmer by the minute.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#439640 Jan 27, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a radical idea: How about holding the *criminal himself* responsible?
Why do liberals hate honest gun owners so much?
Diane Feinstein wants to pass legislation to track and punish, to register and to ultimately disarm all law-abiding firearms owners, while saying nothing about criminals. It's pretty easy to see who she really represents.
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
if you are to own a weapon, you need be responsible for it's care and safety.
Yeah, I know that; and I am.
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text> The US is a very litigious nation, it would be helpful to see victims sue the owners of guns should they suffer any loss in connection with that weapon.
No it wouldn't. That's like saying, if someone steals your car and runs over and kills someone with it, YOU should be sued because you didn't take proper precautions against auto theft.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#439641 Jan 27, 2013
There it is.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> In his sh#thole of a world? Never has been the agenda. His kingdom is not of this world.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#439642 Jan 28, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm all for wine and sex.
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I don't mine the sex,...I jist can't stand all the wine'n.
Didn't anyone ever tell you that two-thirds of a pun is pee-eww?

LOL!

Location hidden

#439643 Jan 28, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Now do you remember your original statement that started this little adventure?
I do.
No.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#439644 Jan 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> ...If they were only expecting a man why the blasphemy charge?...
Because the Greek author of John didn't know shit about Judaism. THAT is the biggest problem with Christinaity and why Jews think you're all clueless.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#439645 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
It's gotta go somewhere, CJ. No one knows for certain where it goes, but it cannot merely cease to exist.
There are plenty of non-christian, non-biblical, and non-muslim versions of an afterlife, and I see nothing wrong with exploring their possibilities; my only real enmity toward any idea of a god is with the abrahamic idea; the jewish/christian/muslim god.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than "enemy" being a pretty strong word that I don't feel towards it, I agree 100%
Actually, I said "enmity." Animosity, animus, antagonism, antipathy, hostility, rancor. I don't think there is any other religion in the entire world (none that I've heard of, anyway) that claims to be the "one and only true" religion; just the christians and the muslims, who believe in the same god of abraham.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#439646 Jan 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> It may be hard to understand in parts but that does not mean it is worthless. The essentials remain.
It's 'essentially' a biased collection of texts to support an Roman Emperor's political ambitions and a pagan cult's agenda.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#439647 Jan 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know about that. That means you have humans dying for humans as in the Isaiah 53 passage. How can a human or a group of humans offer themselves up as a guilt offering? Since guilt offering has to meet certain requirements as far as purity. How can a human come in the clouds of heaven, not earth as in the Daniel verse. John the Baptist refers to Jesus as the Lamb of God and the phrase is only repeated in Revelation 14. These are all allusions to the Isaiah verse. What man calls another man a lamb? The critics of Jesus understood the claims of Jesus very well when they said ''You being a man make yourself out to be God.'' John 10:33.
In Matthew 26:64 Jesus quotes the Daniel 7:13 to the high priest and in response the high priest tears his robe and accuses Jesus of blasphemy. If they were only expecting a man why the blasphemy charge? Remember the Daniel verse has the son of man coming in the clouds of heaven, not earth. In the Old that means judgement.
Maybe you should read Daniel again. It doesn't say what you claimed that it said.

You may have been listening to lying Christian preachers rather than reading the text for yourself.

Daniel doesn't mention the Son of Man in 7:13.

What Daniel says is "one like a son of man".

The other kingdoms were represented by what?

Beasts.

And who inherits the new kingdom?

"The holy ones of the Most High will receive the kingdom and will take possession of the kingdom forever and ever."

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#439648 Jan 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Fu#k You. You piece of sh#t.
LMAO!!!!

I just *love* christian talk!!!!!

Location hidden

#439649 Jan 28, 2013
AGAIN, you describe christianity!! "Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven!!" You claim to be forgiven for all of your future sins, so go forth and sin some more. It gives you NO MOTIVE to improve yourselves.
Not true.
You mean, like the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, the Burning Times, the rack and the thumbscrews, and the guillotine? Or maybe you meant Salem, and the hangings of innocent people? Or maybe you meant the nearly complete genocide of the American Indians in the name of that christian policy of Manifest Destiny?
That lightbeam you claim to ride is getting dimmer by the minute.
None of that has anything to do with primary source material or the teachings of its founder which is how Christianity is defined. Critics such as yourself define it by abuses which has never been the right definition. Not only that you distort its teachings to mean we can live as we please and all is forgiven. This is all simply false.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#439650 Jan 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
And the still the story grows with every telling. <smile>
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
Some argue having Jesus write in the sand was a late addition to the story designed to imbue him with literacy.
Question: What did he write?
His name?

Is that like a desert version of writing one's name in the snow?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#439651 Jan 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. Do you have a link ?
Lemme look...

http://dragons.monstrous.com/drachenstein.htm

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#439652 Jan 28, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Eat Mor Chikin
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Cow!
Divine hamburgers!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#439653 Jan 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
OK, the Sigurd Mythos.
Threw me for a moment. Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min kent 692,147
Poll Do you think Juliet Huddy is hot? (Dec '07) 13 min Trace 79
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 16 min Aura Mytha 47,236
Anti-Trump Dem Admits Violent Crime After Lying... 1 hr Libs R Terrorists 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 990,711
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 1 hr Doctor REALITY 12
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 7 hr Caliboy 14
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 10 hr Paul really is dead 466
More from around the web