Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#439328 Jan 26, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for the suggestions, It is no surprise that a christian knows best how to put someone down.
Most non-christians are rational skeptics, who honor logic and evidence, give your suggestions to the religious, they love hate tactics.
I'm glad you approve of your own methods. You're most welcome.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#439330 Jan 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
let's cut to the chase and see who's the individual nazi between us:
i love God, Jews, Christians and all people. what say you?
I do not trust you
I do not believe you

christianity is a failed moral system.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#439331 Jan 26, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no Knight on a White Horse, to rescue you from death.
(Nor are you a fair Maiden)
More inventions. It's ok, I understand that you cannot actually address anything directly.

ttp://static3.fjcdn.com/commen ts/Bullshit.+Next+you+re+gonna +tell+me+he+never+had+breathin g+_af4922bd26fc04c0e6b5a129a1d 48587.png

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#439332 Jan 26, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
More inventions. It's ok, I understand that you cannot actually address anything directly.
ttp://static3.fjcdn.com/commen ts/Bullshit.+Next+you+re+gonna +tell+me+he+never+had+breathin g+_af4922bd26fc04c0e6b5a129a1d 48587.png
http://nindra.net/sites/default/files/image_i...

Location hidden

#439333 Jan 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"my cause" X?
let's cut to the chase: what exactly is your "cause"?
mine is to continue the cause that Christ began: reconiliation between God and man. terrible stuff, huh?;)
Question?

if you really believe in a god, how come you do not hate him for borning you so stupid?

Location hidden

#439334 Jan 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
water - who are these "we" you always refer to? you speak as if you're the key spokesperson for a large group or something.....
I have not seen the list, but I can tell you, that she speaks for me

Location hidden

#439335 Jan 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i have a motorcycle too and was wondering if ya wanted to tear up some road with me?:)
really

what do you ride?

Location hidden

#439336 Jan 26, 2013
Former Marine wrote:
<quoted text>
OK...you asked...
"If guns don't kill, why do they issue them to the military?"
I answered...
You are correct, your utopia is impossible.
Weapons, not guns, are issued to Soldiers who use them in the event they are fired upon by opposing soldiers.
Why are you so concerned about this?
Then you proceeded to answer a question with a silly question...
"Why aren't you?"
So far ALL of your questions have been vauge and ridiculous....and your answers also.
I gave you a straight forward answer...your question had NOTHING to do with the rampent gun violence in our Country but you still try to elude the facts.
If you wish to continue please respond to my original response to your original ridiculous question.
I'll help you with the guns vs weapons issue if you wish.
the answer you provided as a poor strawman

you are an unregistered sock

you have the credibility of a christian

Location hidden

#439337 Jan 27, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
And you think God has no control over what may be given in this world? If that is the case, you have no purpose here, do you?
no one needs your imaginary god to give them purpose.

This particular argument shows how pathetic a person must be, to believe

Location hidden

#439338 Jan 27, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>without God you have no purpose DUH... non believers are so dumb!!!! why do I hang with this crowd? To give education to the un-saved and nuts...
keep your nuts, the tiny dried up things

tie your shoes, for godsake

Location hidden

#439339 Jan 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text> You have been faithful and patient, staying on here in the chance that someone might be saved. I hope Dearth was able to surrender to the Savior before it was too late.
dearth had integrity, do not bother to look it up, you will not understand

Location hidden

#439340 Jan 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
You are proud as a pouter pigeon to be a non-Christian, even though you have been told that your condition guarantees you a berth in the eternal abode of the damned.
I can't for the life of me understand why a person is so self-satisfied and smug about being condemned to hellfire.
no one

is surprised

that you do not understand

Location hidden

#439341 Jan 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dusty...I know that you said this in hopes of making me angry. You hoped that I would throw out a few curse words and call you names. I won't do that because after thinking about it...all that I can feel for you is pity.
I do not know what it is like to get up every morning and hope to find someone that I can condemn. I do not know what it feels like to hate so much nor to be so miserable that I live to try and make others miserable.
I didn't make a very good Christian because I did not want to be so unkind to others. I know there are many that would have never said what you did to me but there are enough of you out there that I honestly want no part of it.
I can't imagine how it feels to derive so much pleasure in putting others down...I don't ever want to know what that feels like.
I will stand up and fight for what I believe but I won't against someone that I actually feel sadness and pity for...and that is what I feel for you.
I hope that somewhere in your life that you are truly able to feel even just a tiny bit of compassion for someone other than yourself.
I hope that you have a good evening Dusty.
LOL I probably just should have borrowed on of X's lines...
There is it is folks. Christian love at it's finest.
Oh well...
That is a kind and empathetic reply. I admit that I have been "out of patience" (and empathy).

*bows*

Location hidden

#439342 Jan 27, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
So, whilst telling me to google something I got out of a Biography, you are saying I made up the quote? Took it out of context? Are you refusing to provide a reference for words that are not your own and possibly edited by you? Interesting... does it offend you that one of the world's greatest minds did not discount the existence of God?
what offends is that you insult a dead man's integrity. He made it very plain where he stood with respect to dogmatic (religious) belief.

your employ of that "half a quote" was dishonest, and childish, and expected of a christian.

Location hidden

#439343 Jan 27, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that, in your opinion, better or worse than just being a simpleton?
many simpletons are religious

most are victims.

what is worse, are those who should know better, who victimize the simpletons, with religion.

Location hidden

#439344 Jan 27, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you know this how?
how can it be,
that you do not know?

Location hidden

#439345 Jan 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Someone has informed you that you are bound for hell. Does it seem prudent to you to take immediate steps to prevent that from happening?
I dunno

a quick punch in the lips, and they will not do it again?

thanks for the suggestion, I must ask christians more often for advice.

Location hidden

#439347 Jan 27, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
@ANNIE...CONT...I was gonna leave it at that till I kept reading and it got more hypocdritcal and absurd. You want to talk about me standing before God according to the Bible which you dont believe? Well lets get our facts straight then. Yes or no, do you believe the Bible to be a moral book and do you think your own moral system is better? Because I am wondering how the person I have seen call people cun#s online, has faked being other posters (remember Elizabeth?) and whom I have seen insult others, mock others, and use multiple dishonest tactics and engage is just blatant dishonesty can justify that? If I as a Christian am coming up short then where do you stand? A hypocrite who claims a higher moral high ground that cant live up to it yet has the audacity to use a holy book she mocks when she thinks it advantageous? You dont believe the Bible so dont use it as aa standard one days and mock it as a standard the next. And if u wanna judge just as human beings, at least I am not dishonest or a hypocrite.
christianity is a failed moral system

the bible mocks itself

most christians know very little about it.

they need to be given references from time to time,
oh, and some friendly interpretation to go with those tracts.

I have never met anyone as "honest" as you, who was not a christian.

Location hidden

#439348 Jan 27, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I would see no point in arguing with someone being hypocritical anyway. If you forgot essentially mocking me and my faith but quoting me in a fictitious conversation to God claiming I would claim I didnt really have to obey him because it is just the Internet then that doesnt surprise me in the least. You talk that you live a more more life than Christians but cant walk the walk yet want to judge others. Had your post been sincere or even a rebuke with good intentions it would be different. Your post was simply a tactic and a dishonest one. And I never claimed it was God's line, I was talking about a social line of basic civility. And I know why you used scriptures out of a book you mock then use when it suits you. If you wanna call me out as a Christian it outta be for something more than some jokes "Elizabeth" until you can walk the walk
you are a POS anyone can see that

Location hidden

#439349 Jan 27, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
And for the record I have never used God or the Bible to justify personal behavior not in accordance to the teachings of Christ and in the marrer I believe He would want them shared. So it is absurd and quite frankly dishonest for someone to suggest I would claim ignorance before God or ever claim I am not responsible for my actions. I have never claimed to be perfect in my walk and admit my struggles regularly. But I also am not going to suffer recriminations and mocking of my faith because I dont think within reason it is a big deal for people to zing one another occassionally. Could almost every situation in life be handled a more perfect way? I am sure.And if I was way outta line on something fine, gimme both barrels. But false indignation over some jokes?Topix politicing 101.
you are never short of an excuse

you twist and twirl, call upon you deity, and your "good" reputation, but still

never short of an excuse.

what a christian

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Scaritual 87,872
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 17 min lightbeamrider 3,948
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min Gabriel 977,197
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min onemale 284,471
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 26 min Seentheotherside 45,790
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 36 min Johnny 1,219
meth business 55 min smoke nothing 1
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Peter Ross 446
The Future of Politics in America 3 hr Nohweh 174
More from around the web