Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#438959 Jan 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I would love to know how many times that he has clicked on it to enlarge it! Maybe way more times than I can count.
He hates you because you get him hpt and he doesn't have the faith to follow his Bible: "If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off."

Seriously, this is common among people. Instead of realizing that they are their problem, they focus on others. I think that the verse is very accurate in that regard. Don't take out your short comings on others.
Doctor REALITY

Malvern, AR

#438960 Jan 25, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your participation, Christian.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#438961 Jan 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my final answer to you Dusty...are you trying to say that you are the mighty judge?
If so...
Oh well...
you;re dumb
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#438962 Jan 25, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I never turn down recipes, still working on my kitchen skills so easy is best at the moment. I am truly loving the new range! I think its safe for now, but thank you for the advice as well as any recipes you send my way.
I could send u a recipe for damper.
Doctor REALITY

Malvern, AR

#438963 Jan 25, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Juice. Options are limited I guess. We had a teacher in high school Gov. class, kind of a hippy fellow. He liked quite unconventional teaching. One day he gave us a pop quiz of 20 questions, each with 4 multiple choice answers. We all flunked. Nobody got a single one right in the entire class. The brains of the class plead to the teacher that none of the choices were correct. The teacher agreed. Then he said, and what are you going to do about it? See a connection? Nods.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#438964 Jan 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Well you are welcome to her honey!
I refuse to give her the power of upsetting me...she can try...but it won't work.
I see her as some lonely woman that all she has is her religion and some deep seeded need to make other as miserable as she is. To be pitied really.
She might have one oar in the water but her boat is sinking fast!
She says that she became a Christian at the age of 9. I wonder if that is when she became so miserable. If so...then I doubt if too many friends stuck around...that I find sad.
It's sad that they been misled ta that degree...only ta spread the hate

“Love much, trust none”

There

#438965 Jan 25, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You're a natural disaster.
Ad Hominem attacks ?

Just can't admit you were wrong.

You might as well be a Fundie. You got the deceit and anger for it.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438966 Jan 25, 2013
When hell enraged lifts up her roar;
When Satan stops my path before;
When fiends rejoice and wait my end;
When legioned hosts their arrows send,
Fear not, my soul, but hurl at hell
Thy battle-cry, Immanuel.

Charles Haddon Spurgeon
(1834-1892)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#438967 Jan 25, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. I proved it....
ROFLMAO

You sound just like a Fundie proving their God.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#438969 Jan 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you;re dumb
Oh clownie...you lied to me. You said that you were going to back off. Didn't last long did it.

Whatever you chose to believe about me is just fine.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#438970 Jan 25, 2013
Welcoome to the inane ramblings of Christianity.
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
So, whilst telling me to google something I got out of a Biography, you are saying I made up the quote? Took it out of context? Are you refusing to provide a reference for words that are not your own and possibly edited by you? Interesting... does it offend you that one of the world's greatest minds did not discount the existence of God?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438971 Jan 25, 2013
Whuuuuuuuuuu!!!!! mercy them burritos are talking to the Clown... shoot that thing !!!!!!!!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#438972 Jan 25, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Our Holy Lord posting here now? Really? Wow, I better behave myself then.
It appears that's the case dear. Yer satan, Jesus, an yer god is all been unseated an this dusty character is now in charge of all policy concern'n the universe an all thereafter et. al.
All trial an accusations is now under way, an the inquisitions is called ta order!
Go an fetch some stakes an firestix ...oh..uh ...see if'n ya kin snatch a couple o' black cats up too will ya? I'll git a crew tagether an start ta build'n the stage an gallows an the peanut gallery bleachers. I already got's the hand painted soapboxes with the fancy decorations on 'em...an the 24 karat gold plated KAZOO's...don't tary none now sis, we's set ta make a small fortune here!
{{{ANYBODY SEEN MY WHIP???}}}

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438973 Jan 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh clownie...you lied to me. You said that you were going to back off. Didn't last long did it.
Whatever you chose to believe about me is just fine.
well I know you're a liar, hypocrite,non christian,

thats about it Annie

Love from your favorite clown Clownie
superglassbros

Voorhees, NJ

#438974 Jan 25, 2013
mmm take torey ya!!(Marth)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#438975 Jan 25, 2013
duststorm wrote:
The banshees, the cockatrice, the bats, the cloven-footed demons flee the word of God.
Thanks for sharing your delusions pal.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438977 Jan 25, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
More babbbbel from a True Grit salesman get em while they;re hot yall hear

“How You Treat Me”

Since: May 10

Determines How I Treat You

#438978 Jan 25, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you admit you are responsible for Sand Creek and Wounded Knee?
<quoted text>
I would not and do not hold myself responsible for the actions of others; if you think about it, that is the foundation of christianity.
<quoted text>
It doesn't make you responsible for it. You took no part in it.
<quoted text>
It still doesn't make us responsible for their actions and their choices.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I might be wrong but I think that you and Huh are looking at this in two different ways.
IMO our responsibility to the past lies in not allowing the atrocities to occur again in the future.
Okay, now *that* I agree with.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text> The only way that this can occur is accepting that we (we being society) allowed them to happen.
We did not allow Sand Creek, Wounded Knee, the Holocaust and other such attrocities to happen; they took place before we existed.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text> We have to understand why and how they occurred. In a sense we have to own them before we can change them or prevent them from happening again.
It is no different that you being angry with Christians about the break in that happened to you.
I'm not angry with them personally (except with those who condone those criminal actions), and I do not blame them; I blame their religion.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text> I sincerely doubt that any Christian on this thread physically was involved. Yet their responsibility lies in accepting that yes even Christians can commit horrendous acts. To deny that would be condoning the behavior of even a few. Hiding one's head in the sand about past events allows them to continue unchecked.
Taking responsibility is not the same as admitting guilt to a physical action...
I'm not sooooo surrrrrre.....
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>but to deny responsibility for past actions of our society opens the door for them to occur again.
I think there's a difference between admitting what a given society has done in the past and taking measures against repeating those actions, and actually taking personal responsibility for it.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text> To think that they can't occur again is just burying out heads in the sand.
Agreed.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text> We are no different than those of the past...we are just as capable of committing atrocities as they were...even the same ones that they did.
Kaitlyn...you can't have it both ways. You can't make today's Christian responsible for the burning of witches 200 or 300 years ago
I don't; I blame their belief system. I condemn them for excusing and condoning what their bretheren, for lack of a better word, did in the past. Do I hold today's fanatics *responsible* for those actions of the past? No. They had no hand in it, they didn't exist then.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text> and then not take responsibility for the past actions of our society.
At least this is the way that I see...but what do I know??? LOL
The light just went on; we're talking about the difference between direct and indirect responsibility. I was thinking more along the lines of *direct* responsibility. Isn't there a different phrase--a synonym--for indirect responsibility?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#438979 Jan 25, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
How you have fallen from erudition, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the mundane, you who once laid low the hypocrites!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438980 Jan 25, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Philistine.
YO mac! I thought you would enjoy...

The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - There is no such thing as a fair fight. Always win - cheat if necessary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Justise League 853,808
The Christian Atheist debate 4 min Lbj 771
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 11 min andet1987 6,114
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min marge 595,907
Homosexuals are the REAL reason God DESTROYED S... 17 min Burke Devlin 80
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 20 min Halle Berry Sister 2,630
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 25 min RiccardoFire 100,726
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Truths 612,594
More from around the web