Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#438884 Jan 25, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you again.
That i8s based on Workplace Fatality Rates, Traffic Death Rates and Natural Disasters.
It has nothign to do with violent crime which was the subject at hamnd you moron.

Just like a funditard, you move the goal post.

Last time I checked, very few workplace, traffic and natural disaster fatalities were considered violent crimes.
stoorworm

Hopkinsville, KY

#438885 Jan 25, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You and your children will enter the gates of hell, never to escape.
hell isn't eternal.

before hell and death are thrown into the lake, the dead are given up.

Revelation 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

heaven and hell are temporal

wiggle, wiggle, yeah.
wiggle, wiggle, yeah.
shake that.

Mark 9:44
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Mark 9:46

Mark 9:48
duststorm

League City, TX

#438886 Jan 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If Heaven is full of people like you, I would rather be tortured and roasted for eternity.
I am sure that if there is such places then you idiots have the Heaven Hell things backwards and YOUR 'religion' is a test of OUR faith that God isn't a POS like you claim.
You are a blasphemer and you will rue those words when you are in the lake of fire.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#438887 Jan 25, 2013
The FBI and the Gpv't stats ar liars. I'll believe a news reporter on MSNBC.

ROFLMAO

You going to quote Mayor Bloomberg next ?
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You have nothing but silly ad hominems. You are a failure. A loser in love and a C student.
NEW YORK — New York remained the safest of the nation’s 10 largest cities in 2005, with about one crime reported for every 37 people, according to FBI statistics.
The annual report “shows that our innovative efforts to reduce crime and increase New Yorkers’ quality of life are working,” Mayor Michael Bloomberg said in a statement Monday after the agency released the figures.
The large city with the highest total crime rate was Dallas, with about one crime reported for every 12 people. Los Angeles, the nation’s second largest city, ranked third safest, with about one crime for every 26 people.
San Jose took the No. 2 spot, while San Diego ranked fourth. Chicago, Philadelphia, Houston, San Antonio and then Phoenix followed.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14910822/ns/us_ne...
Guns don't make you safer. End of story.

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#438888 Jan 25, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You and your children will enter the gates of hell, never to escape.
For real? How do you know that? How do you know who God intends to save and whose names are written in the Book of Life? Are you certain yours is? Who did that statement help? Should we consider the scripture that says as you judge others so too will you be judged? By the only Judge that matters.

That was cold. Is that what Jesus would say to others? You should reconsider your motivation. BTW, exactly what is that?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#438889 Jan 25, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text> You have been faithful and patient, staying on here in the chance that someone might be saved. I hope Dearth was able to surrender to the Savior before it was too late.
Christians seeem to love fantasizing that people who won't join their religion are tortured for eternity.
bobbi-bobbi

Hopkinsville, KY

#438890 Jan 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That i8s based on Workplace Fatality Rates, Traffic Death Rates and Natural Disasters.
It has nothign to do with violent crime which was the subject at hamnd you moron.
Just like a funditard, you move the goal post.
Last time I checked, very few workplace, traffic and natural disaster fatalities were considered violent crimes.
eternity/infinity isn't definite.

there are no absolutes, ABSOLUTELY

an inverse function is a result of it's self

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#438891 Jan 25, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
You X like usual are simple idiot
how many time I will tell you your penaut brain
that dr Shrink is not christian?
are you sick,stupid,or completly retarded 0.01 oz brain inside of your dead skull?
Thanks for sharing, Christian.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#438892 Jan 25, 2013
duststorm wrote:
The empty threats of Christianity.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#438893 Jan 25, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> So those who disagree with you are 'addle brained'? Still a persecution complex. I've got news for you, there are many of us who, if approached by someone who speaks to us the way you and others here do, would say the very same things to them in person. Very different from the cowardly Christians who approach under the guise of love in public and then come on Topix to haunt the non-Christian threads.
I try not to go to places and start an argument with people who believe differently than I do. I tried that once, and decided to leave those who pat each other on the back while at the same time biting them in the back were best left to themselves.
You came to a thread entitled Why I am no longer a Christian on your own. You weren't invited. You aren't held here against your will. Yet you whine and cry just like the other fundies because you don't like what is said to you. You try now to be a little nicer, but you've said the same things as the other fundies and been just as nasty at times. No one has forgotten that, Juicylu. You can't erase that personality no matter how hard you try.
You have a persecution complex. You are also passive-aggressive. It shows in many of your posts. But go ahead and blame others for giving you just what you came to this thread for. But you still get no persecution points, not from people here and certainly not from Jesus.
No, disagreeing with me doesn't make one 'addle brained'. Interesting, how now, instead of just claiming to know what I think, you are also speaking for Jesus. I won't argue over your lies Nymph, so have fun with that.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#438894 Jan 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I read somewhere that it ranked in the upper 10(I think 5th or 6th) for most dangerous state and around 20th most dangerous city.
Philly , NYC and DC have been exchanging the title of "Murder Capitol of the US" since the 50's.

Based on death by old age, Fla is statistically the most dangerous state.

This arguement was started by Huh as an arguement to ban firearms because, as he put it, NYC where guns are banned is safer than Dallas where they are not. The "safety lists" that he, you and others are using have mostly things that are completely unrelated to firearms.

Huh's original arguement failed and he is unable t admit it.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#438895 Jan 25, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a blasphemer and you will rue those words when you are in the lake of fire.
A Christian trying to frighten another person into joining her religion.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#438896 Jan 25, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they need to recount and add to the 38,000 cults/sects/divisions of christianity?? I suppose it would originate from christians denying other christians are really christians...and another cult/sect is born.
Lol...Hi Wiggley :) I think it's up to 41,000 now.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#438897 Jan 25, 2013
duststorm wrote:
Dusty...I know that you said this in hopes of making me angry. You hoped that I would throw out a few curse words and call you names. I won't do that because after thinking about it...all that I can feel for you is pity.

I do not know what it is like to get up every morning and hope to find someone that I can condemn. I do not know what it feels like to hate so much nor to be so miserable that I live to try and make others miserable.

I didn't make a very good Christian because I did not want to be so unkind to others. I know there are many that would have never said what you did to me but there are enough of you out there that I honestly want no part of it.

I can't imagine how it feels to derive so much pleasure in putting others down...I don't ever want to know what that feels like.

I will stand up and fight for what I believe but I won't against someone that I actually feel sadness and pity for...and that is what I feel for you.

I hope that somewhere in your life that you are truly able to feel even just a tiny bit of compassion for someone other than yourself.

I hope that you have a good evening Dusty.

LOL I probably just should have borrowed on of X's lines...

There is it is folks. Christian love at it's finest.

Oh well...

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#438898 Jan 25, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> So those who disagree with you are 'addle brained'? Still a persecution complex. I've got news for you, there are many of us who, if approached by someone who speaks to us the way you and others here do, would say the very same things to them in person. Very different from the cowardly Christians who approach under the guise of love in public and then come on Topix to haunt the non-Christian threads.
I try not to go to places and start an argument with people who believe differently than I do. I tried that once, and decided to leave those who pat each other on the back while at the same time biting them in the back were best left to themselves.
You came to a thread entitled Why I am no longer a Christian on your own. You weren't invited. You aren't held here against your will. Yet you whine and cry just like the other fundies because you don't like what is said to you. You try now to be a little nicer, but you've said the same things as the other fundies and been just as nasty at times. No one has forgotten that, Juicylu. You can't erase that personality no matter how hard you try.
You have a persecution complex. You are also passive-aggressive. It shows in many of your posts. But go ahead and blame others for giving you just what you came to this thread for. But you still get no persecution points, not from people here and certainly not from Jesus.
Btw Nymph, not sure if you know this but just because you hang out here with your friends, it doesn't make it your thread, no one needs an invitation to post in any thread in a public forum.
duststorm

League City, TX

#438899 Jan 25, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Deflection.
Psychology 101.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#438900 Jan 25, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, but as it is taken out of context, it is edited. Here it is without the edit, in context:
"Even though the realms of religion and science in themselves are clearly marked off from each other, nevertheless there exist between the two strong reciprocal relationships and dependencies. Though religion may be that which determines the goal, it has, nevertheless, learned from science, in the broadest sense, what means will contribute to the attainment of the goals it has set up. But science can only be created by those who are thoroughly imbued with the aspiration toward truth and understanding. This source of feeling, however, springs from the sphere of religion. To this there also belongs the faith in the possibility that the regulations valid for the world of existence are rational, that is, comprehensible to reason. I cannot conceive of a genuine scientist without that profound faith. The situation may be expressed by an image: science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Though I have asserted above that in truth a legitimate conflict between religion and science cannot exist, I must nevertheless qualify this assertion once again on an essential point, with reference to the actual content of historical religions. This qualification has to do with the concept of God. During the youthful period of mankind's spiritual evolution human fantasy created gods in man's own image, who, by the operations of their will were supposed to determine, or at any rate to influence, the phenomenal world. Man sought to alter the disposition of these gods in his own favor by means of magic and prayer. The idea of God in the religions taught at present is a sublimation of that old concept of the gods. Its anthropomorphic character is shown, for instance, by the fact that men appeal to the Divine Being in prayers and plead for the fulfillment of their wishes."
Read the entire thing. It puts lie to your attempt to use an argument from authority to bolster your tenuous position. To repeat:
Though I have asserted above that in truth a legitimate conflict between religion and science cannot exist, I must nevertheless qualify this assertion once again on an essential point, with reference to the actual content of historical religions. This qualification has to do with the concept of God. During the youthful period of mankind's spiritual evolution human fantasy created gods in man's own image, who, by the operations of their will were supposed to determine, or at any rate to influence, the phenomenal world. Man sought to alter the disposition of these gods in his own favor by means of magic and prayer. The idea of God in the religions taught at present is a sublimation of that old concept of the gods. Its anthropomorphic character is shown, for instance, by the fact that men appeal to the Divine Being in prayers and plead for the fulfillment of their wishes.
Looks familiar, may I have a reference please?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#438901 Jan 25, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing, Christian.
I am not christian you f...... into your a....X vidor

so f......stupid hater seeing in everyone world christinity

pfuj at you with my flegm(mucus) from my throat
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#438902 Jan 25, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
A Christian trying to frighten another person into joining her religion.
projection

you are so abominable cretin creature worth only farts

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#438903 Jan 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dusty...I know that you said this in hopes of making me angry. You hoped that I would throw out a few curse words and call you names. I won't do that because after thinking about it...all that I can feel for you is pity.
I do not know what it is like to get up every morning and hope to find someone that I can condemn. I do not know what it feels like to hate so much nor to be so miserable that I live to try and make others miserable.
I didn't make a very good Christian because I did not want to be so unkind to others. I know there are many that would have never said what you did to me but there are enough of you out there that I honestly want no part of it.
I can't imagine how it feels to derive so much pleasure in putting others down...I don't ever want to know what that feels like.
I will stand up and fight for what I believe but I won't against someone that I actually feel sadness and pity for...and that is what I feel for you.
I hope that somewhere in your life that you are truly able to feel even just a tiny bit of compassion for someone other than yourself.
I hope that you have a good evening Dusty.
LOL I probably just should have borrowed on of X's lines...
There is it is folks. Christian love at it's finest.
Oh well...
Well, ther's a prolem with that fer me sis. That is the very same type of personality as the jones gang, an ya see how that shit turned out don't ya? The palmdale azzhole reminds me o' the very same too. These delusions is dangerous. These jokers is got 1 oar in the water. If'n they happen on my chessboard, it's my duty ta take 'em off it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LOUD CRYIN' SPOILED Black Kids in Wal Mart!!!!! 3 min Knock off purse s... 63
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min USaWarringIdiotSo... 855,344
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Just Sayin 596,495
the real reason Obama allowed and mosque near G... 4 min Knock off purse s... 7
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min Bella Italia 40,712
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min End Times 612,636
Submit Website URL Free to Best Search Engines (Aug '10) 42 min abdullah199898 4
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 44 min An NFL Fan 177,211
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr HipGnosis 1,032
More from around the web