Why I’m no longer a Christian

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#438939 Jan 25, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Too true. All of my Jewish friends absolutely HATE that term, or any other suggestion that their believes are in any way linked to christianity. They do get quite a laugh out of the term Judo-christianity...
True. Jews can be just as clueless as Christians.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#438940 Jan 25, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text> Is that your final answer as you stand before the mighty judge?
Oh, well.
That was my final answer to you Dusty...are you trying to say that you are the mighty judge?

If so...

Oh well...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#438941 Jan 25, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> ... I have never heard of a home invasion that took 30 rounds to stop the intruder or even intruders.....
Neither did the Poles, Austrians, Jews, French, Czechs or Russians until 1939.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#438942 Jan 25, 2013
duststorm wrote:
AnnieJ wrote:
I try not to judge myself...there seems to be plenty of other people willing to do that for me.
duststorm answers: He that hath not the Son of God hath not life, and is condemned already.
AnnieJ wrote:
I do judge my actions however and if they do not fit what I believe and what I try to portray then I work to change those if possible.
duststorm answers: The operative word here is "try". You got that right, you "try" but your trying is not enough and will never be enough.
AnnieJ wrote: To borrow a Christian phrase...I am human and make mistakes.
duststorm answers: There is none righteous, no not one. For the wages of sin is death and that means hellfire.
AnnieJ wrote:
I raised my children by rules that I believed to be true. I can look back now and see mistakes that I made. In all honesty though at the time I did what I thought best. Does that make me a bad parent...I do not believe so. Just as my parents were not bad parents.
Duststorm answers: You, your parents, and your children are sinners in need of a Savior.
AnnieJ wrote: I prefer not to get in to the "grace" subject. That is a conversation for someone else.
duststorm answers: For by grace are you saved, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, lest any man should boast.
AnnieJ wrote:
Once saved always saved is not my concern.
duststorm answers: When God saved us by the sacrifice of his only son, it was a perfect salvation. You do not choose to repent and be saved, even though it is paid for and it is everlasting.
AnnieJ wrote: I stand on what I am and what I believe now...not beliefs from my past.
duststorm answers: You stand on sinking sand.
AnnieJ wrote: If by chance there is this great judgment day...I choose to be judged on my actions and not rely on a loophole.
duststorm answers: Yes there will be day of Judgment. You are already condemned. No reason to wait around for a courtroom setting to hear your sentence. The Day of Judgment will only be for you to hear your sentence and for the angel to throw you over the edge of the abyss into hellfire.
Your evening seems to be going well for you Dusty. I am glad.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#438943 Jan 25, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>It is the full text of the quote you took out of context. Google it.
So, whilst telling me to google something I got out of a Biography, you are saying I made up the quote? Took it out of context? Are you refusing to provide a reference for words that are not your own and possibly edited by you? Interesting... does it offend you that one of the world's greatest minds did not discount the existence of God?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#438944 Jan 25, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>If your god has control, it's doing a shitty job. Why would I need a purpose and why would the lack of an imaginary friend mean I have no purpose. Each person has to decide. What there purpose is. Your's is to be a god-addled simpleton. You're good at it. Good job.
Is that, in your opinion, better or worse than just being a simpleton?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#438945 Jan 25, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe Clown is smart enough
but dr Shrink is more smarter from Clown and dr Shrink wisdom reach pleyades of planets Kripton,flying also above the tree Wisdom as WHITE EAGLE NAMED HUK WEK FU FUE,and urinating on all those churches teachers seating under this tree of Wisdom teaching animals to follow basic of moral Gods laws(look like humans)
ok Clown?
also bow your not enough smart head before White Eagle alias Huk Wek Fu Fue alias DR SHRINK
you're as goofy as a S#&T house rat... Boy you are DUMB

“"None shall pass"”

There

#438946 Jan 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
mine is to continue the cause that Christ began: reconiliation between God and man....
ROFLMAO

Too bad you all fail at that.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#438947 Jan 25, 2013
p-o-p quiz wrote:
<quoted text>
.... Why do many Christians fail so miserably at analogy?....
Because they would have to abandon Christianity if they did.
They can't tell the difference between a parable and a fact.

Judaism 101: The entire Torah is allegory.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#438948 Jan 25, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Juice. Options are limited I guess. We had a teacher in high school Gov. class, kind of a hippy fellow. He liked quite unconventional teaching. One day he gave us a pop quiz of 20 questions, each with 4 multiple choice answers. We all flunked. Nobody got a single one right in the entire class. The brains of the class plead to the teacher that none of the choices were correct. The teacher agreed. Then he said, and what are you going to do about it? See a connection? Nods.
Lol...Yep. Nodding along :D

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#438949 Jan 25, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>If your god has control, it's doing a shitty job. Why would I need a purpose and why would the lack of an imaginary friend mean I have no purpose. Each person has to decide. What there purpose is. Your's is to be a god-addled simpleton. You're good at it. Good job.
I do apologize. I don't know you and for some reason I thought you were a Christian. Likely because you've been arguing with a non-believer so I assumed too much. I've explained this quite a few times now. All I meant was that if God had nothing to do with our gifts, then He would have nothing to do with your gift of preaching. Knowing that you weren't preaching I stand corrected.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#438950 Jan 25, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Time to post a list of the 50 states.
Philistine.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#438951 Jan 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
As well as a body of lore about fairies, dragons, zombies, werewolves, aliens, bigfoot, unicorns, elves, etc.
Did you have a point ?
I like fairies, but prefer ponies to unicorns :D

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#438952 Jan 25, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You are an unbeliever. Unbelievers are condemned to an eternity in hell.
Not by any one or any thing having the power or the authority to do so.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#438953 Jan 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither did the Poles, Austrians, Jews, French, Czechs or Russians until 1939.

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#438954 Jan 25, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Our Holy Lord posting here now? Really? Wow, I better behave myself then.
Kind of like being a piece of bologna in a sandwich. We get squeezed from both sides. And then it bites.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#438955 Jan 25, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no *real* Messiah, goofy.
you know this how?
Doctor REALITY

United States

#438956 Jan 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
Too bad you all fail at that.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#438957 Jan 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they would have to abandon Christianity if they did.
They can't tell the difference between a parable and a fact.
Judaism 101: The entire Torah is allegory.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#438958 Jan 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you're as goofy as a S#&T house rat... Boy you are DUMB

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Truth Buster 48,062
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Phooey 646,366
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Yellow Star 281,226
Ladies, what is the sexual act you most enjoy? 24 min DireWolf69 8
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 37 min DebraE 105,549
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 41 min Peace_Warrior 618,556
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 48 min andet1987 2,015
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr VIKING 971,581
More from around the web