“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#438792 Jan 25, 2013
naddred wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no love where there is no justice.
justice is the ultimate form of righteousness. dharma is the LAW. the LAW OF ONE. karma is the action. samsara/moksha is the result.
If justice is drowning a whole planet full of people, I'll take my chances with an entity that has the intellect to make people the way she wants them the first time and doesn't have to commit wholesale genocide.

You play and pay in the here and now. If we get another try, it will be based on how we lived this life and how much we learned. That is the only justice that can truly be justice.

There is no justice with a maniacal God-being that just kills people off or tortures them for eternity for something so small as a thought but allows serial killers into paradise because he says,'Ooops! I made a mistake and I'm sorry.' to the God being instead of all those he hurt while in this life.

The idea of substitutional atonement is abhorrent and any book that teaches that it is not only acceptable, but desirable is horrific.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#438793 Jan 25, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying again.
Your motivation is selfishness.
But you are doing much for my cause.
"my cause" X?

let's cut to the chase: what exactly is your "cause"?

mine is to continue the cause that Christ began: reconiliation between God and man. terrible stuff, huh?;)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#438794 Jan 25, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>While state listings are good, I think the discussion was on specific cities. Crime per capita would work best in that situation, if I'm not mistaken.
I noticed that GA is waaaay down the list. But I am not surprised. After all, we are in the gun totin' Bible belt.
I just ran across this and thought people would be interested in where their states fell.

There was not a good list for posting the cities with out doing a lot of retyping I can tell you...Atlanta made the top 25...but not in a good way. I did however...I believe...post a link to one site that gave the cities...if not I will try and find it again.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#438795 Jan 25, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>In the case of religion, we don't need interventionists (no apostrophe). What we need is for you to realize that we have found what works for us and shut the hell up with your babbling while at the same time acting like a creep.
water - who are these "we" you always refer to? you speak as if you're the key spokesperson for a large group or something.....

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#438796 Jan 25, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I can give you a great recipe for drop biscuits. Easy, quick and good. I can also give you a good recipe for dumplings that is equally easy if you like. Always glad to share and have others share their recipes with me. Never know when you're going to find something that you really like and never heard of or never tried to make.
Oh, a little advice on shooting your range/laptop. Take them outside first.:)
I never turn down recipes, still working on my kitchen skills so easy is best at the moment. I am truly loving the new range! I think its safe for now, but thank you for the advice as well as any recipes you send my way.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#438797 Jan 25, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I see exactly what you mean.
i have a motorcycle too and was wondering if ya wanted to tear up some road with me?:)
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#438798 Jan 25, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Good evening everyone.I haven't been here in some time but HEAH AH IZ AGIN,LOL.
I stopped in to tell you guys if there be any Christians here that since we just had a day celebrating M L KING Jr's birthday that he was a heretic and did not believe in the resurrection of Christ nor did he believe that Christ was the son of God nor did he believe in the virgin birth.It's in some of the papers he wrote.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/mlk_jr-...
Any Christain that learns this about King should have a really big problem with this man that called himself a Baptist minister.He was nothing but a wolf in sheep's clothing. Read the link I posted above to learn the truth about ML KING.
I'm not worried about his theology, but I am impressed with what Martin Luther King DID. There's a mural paying tribute to him in the city here called 'I Have a Dream'.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#438799 Jan 25, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think so. I just think that person would then be on his list of people to interview in case he gets to decide which virgins he wants.
Unaddressed is the question of whether the virgins in question are female or male...

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#438800 Jan 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I read somewhere that it ranked in the upper 10(I think 5th or 6th) for most dangerous state and around 20th most dangerous city.
The sad thing is they've had a "no guns" policy up until a year or so ago that did nothing to curb gun violence. The bad guys still brought guns into D.C. and used them.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#438801 Jan 25, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I still cannot recall advocating anything of the sort.
It was back when I kept getting kicked off of JOF mid conversation due to my computer glitchesÖI threatened to throw it out the window, that started a very comical discussion in my opinion. Water was adding her humor to it as well. The two of you got me truly laughing about it, instead of absolutely frustrated over it. I guess thatís why I remember it.
monai

Hopkinsville, KY

#438802 Jan 25, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>If justice is drowning a whole planet full of people, I'll take my chances with an entity that has the intellect to make people the way she wants them the first time and doesn't have to commit wholesale genocide.
You play and pay in the here and now. If we get another try, it will be based on how we lived this life and how much we learned. That is the only justice that can truly be justice.
There is no justice with a maniacal God-being that just kills people off or tortures them for eternity for something so small as a thought but allows serial killers into paradise because he says,'Ooops! I made a mistake and I'm sorry.' to the God being instead of all those he hurt while in this life.
The idea of substitutional atonement is abhorrent and any book that teaches that it is not only acceptable, but desirable is horrific.
the choice is yours, like everyone else but the LAW is ONE; whether you only accept it's feminine aspects, or masculine.

justice is always personofied by the feminine.

al lat in pre-islamic arabia

themis of greek antiquity

ma'at of the egyptian cosmology

The Borderland of Sol

#438803 Jan 25, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
It was back when I kept getting kicked off of JOF mid conversation due to my computer glitchesÖI threatened to throw it out the window, that started a very comical discussion in my opinion. Water was adding her humor to it as well. The two of you got me truly laughing about it, instead of absolutely frustrated over it. I guess thatís why I remember it.
Oh, THAT.

Well, I'm glad we got ya laffin instead of all frustrated.

:-D
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#438804 Jan 25, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Electric blankets are a Godsend. They use little electricity and provide direct heat. Makes it a little tough getting out of bed in the morning. In the hot summer I have to get up early because it gets too hot. I would just as soon hibernate for the winter and save my energy for all the good things under the Son. Or sun. Unfortunately, I don't have that option.
Cats love electric blankets, too.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#438805 Jan 25, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible mentions Caiaphas.
The Bible ALSO mentions dragons and unicorns...

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#438806 Jan 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
They did see it. He was crucified, the Temple was destroyed and the Jews were scattered to the four winds and Rabbinical, sacrificeless Judaism was born.
They didn't like the ending so they invented a new one.
No Messiah = no End of Days, therefore Jesus failed as a prophet. Real Messianic prophecies state quite clearly that the blood sacrifices will continue for all time.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#438807 Jan 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"my cause" X?
let's cut to the chase: what exactly is your "cause"?
mine is to continue the cause that Christ began: reconiliation between God and man. terrible stuff, huh?;)
Yet you do nothing here that Christ tells you to do. You never quote Jesus, but instead quote Paul. Your behavior here is in direct opposition to the teachings of Jesus in every post. So how do you think you are continuing the cause that Jesus began? He had a ministry that taught you to love, not preach. In fact, he said 'do not go unto the gentiles'. You're here every day breaking that instruction. He told you to dust off your sandals and go elsewhere if people did not believe you, yet you obsess over being in the very places he told you to leave.

You denigrate women at every turn. You have shown no mercy for widows, much less kindness.

You are the very antithesis of everything Jesus taught. So no, you're not continuing a single darn thing that Jesus taught.

The Borderland of Sol

#438808 Jan 25, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible ALSO mentions dragons and unicorns...
And bats are birds.

And rabbits are ruminants.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#438809 Jan 25, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, aren't you just the sweetest pirate that ever was. How are you BT?
Sill hang'n in ther sis.
I see you is too!
Former Marine

Reston, VA

#438810 Jan 25, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Your question was vague and ridiculous. Why wouldn't every American be concerned about our gun problems? You can take it however you like. Your opinion is worthless to me, sockpuppy.
OK...you asked...
"If guns don't kill, why do they issue them to the military?"

I answered...
You are correct, your utopia is impossible.
Weapons, not guns, are issued to Soldiers who use them in the event they are fired upon by opposing soldiers.
Why are you so concerned about this?

Then you proceeded to answer a question with a silly question...
"Why aren't you?"

So far ALL of your questions have been vauge and ridiculous....and your answers also.
I gave you a straight forward answer...your question had NOTHING to do with the rampent gun violence in our Country but you still try to elude the facts.

If you wish to continue please respond to my original response to your original ridiculous question.

I'll help you with the guns vs weapons issue if you wish.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#438811 Jan 25, 2013
Former Marine wrote:
<quoted text>
Answering a question with a question.
I'll take that as a total concession as you are unable to discuss the topic from experience or qualified information.
Projection

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Dave Nelson 775,493
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min hojo 559,587
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Just Think 265,164
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min Chris Clearwater 175,666
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 21 min pmscomputers 96,744
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 37 min YTubeHeadlines 605,035
"1-STATE Solution" for ISRAEL says U.N. Official 40 min YTubeHeadlines 1
More from around the web