|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the earth vomited out its godless inhabitants in the days of noah and of sodom & gomorrah....
"as it was in the days of noah....as it was in the days of sodom, so shall it be in the end" Jesus
Of course, Jesus also told people that some of those in his audience at that time would be alive to see that end. Oops, false prophet.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Huh wrote:
A Christian gun owner is an atheist:
1. You are subverting your god's plan by acting in self defense.
2. You are afraid of dying and therefore do not believe in the divine reward as you claim.
3. Matthew 26:52
Excellent.

Since: Jul 08

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,^5 for at least coming up with something new.
Not just something new; something new that passes the Topix police.

I'm good. Yes I am.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If one reads the Bible carefully, the only commandements pitched were regarding diet and circumcission. No where does Paul or anyone else say the OT Laws are no longer to be followed.
Yup, Paul said to pitch circumcision, even though circumcision was declared to be the ETERNAL mark of a covenant with the God of the Bible...

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Juicylu was trying to distract from the fact that she/he either doesn't know the history of Christianity (and not just Catholics whom she would like to blame for ALL the bad stuff perpetrated by Christians) or that she is in total denial.
His/her passive/aggressive behavior and poor pitiful me attitude gets him/her nowhere, but she continues with both anyway.
The fact is, she seems literate and intelligent enough not to have to pull this crap, but religion has removed all her capability not to pull it.
Rewind, repeat, rewind, repeat, rewind, repeat, rewind, repeat, rewind, repeat....etc.....blah blah blah...so, what's removed all your capabilities not to 'pull it' Nymph? More mind reading I see.

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Neither do you, but that doesn't stop you from claiming that you do.
LOL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Delayed his coming? He was gong to come sooner but changed his plans?
Your deity sure does change his mind a lot.
Or maybe he just doesn't exist.
He keeps trying to book a seat at the last minute during the holiday season. You'd think that after all of this time, He'd learn...

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to argue here, but having a hunter in my home does not make me an atheist. You might want to rethink that one.
I think she was talking about guns for protection. At least that's the way I understood it. My sons hunt and fish. I think that's a different category.

I do think that those who claim protection from God are not proving it by saying they need guns for protection. God isn't in the gun business as far as I know.

It's a difficult subject, and not nearly as cut and dried as either side makes it out to be.

I also don't think Huh was talking to people like you. I don't see you as a rabid 'I'll kill the president if he tries to take my guns!' sort of person. Of course, I think there may have been a time or two you might have shot your old kitchen range with one had it been handy enough. I had one or two of those events early on, but thank goodness I have learned as I aged.

Hope you're doing well. It's been a lovely day here. Made homemade chicken and dumplings and called my neighbor to come over so I could share. She really liked them. But then again, she makes hers with canned biscuits. UGH!!!! But I was really happy that I could share something with her she liked.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you still live under the old law, DOG? did you sacrafice a red heifer for your sins last year?
Foolish question, since sacrifices need to wait until the REAL Messiah comes and rebuilds the Temple. Of course, as legitimate Messianic prophecies state, once the real Messiah comes, ALL of the sacrifices will resume (for thanksgiving, since people will no longer sin)- Ezekiel and Jeremiah.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot the fourth thing:
4. White Southern men have big penises.
HEY! I don't think the size of penises has nothing to do with location. I may have to form an inspection committee though, just to prove it.:)

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
4. I prefer white men
All this penis derision makes me know for a fact that I have to form an inspection committee now. Do I start with the Southern fundies or the Northern ones? Oh wait. They're the ones that don't need an inspection.

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Foolish question, since sacrifices need to wait until the REAL Messiah comes and rebuilds the Temple. Of course, as legitimate Messianic prophecies state, once the real Messiah comes, ALL of the sacrifices will resume (for thanksgiving, since people will no longer sin)- Ezekiel and Jeremiah.
Mythology's a hoot, huh?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>show me a man with both feet on the ground. I will show you a man that can't get his pants off...
I tried for two days
This sounds like the Clownie I used to know. You know, the one who actually had a sense of humor.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i was not raised as a Christian & neither was my wife so after i we were born again, we were very zealous to raise our kids 'christian'. we were strict like your parents were and we made some mistakes but adjusted by the grace of God while our kids were still in school. they resent sum things, but they're no worse than pagans for it.
the thing i resent the most is the lost opportunity to emphasize the grace (unmerited favor) of God throughout the whole ordeal, rather than addressing behavior, behavior & behavior.
I think that this is the most open and honest post that I have seen of yours Wasup...thank you.

I don't regret how my parents raised me...it was fairly normal for the area that I lived in. How they raised me helped me to be who I am...good or bad.

My strict upbringing really had nothing to do with why I left the faith. I didn't really know at the time that there was anything any different so there was not resentment on my part.

At some point your children will look back and understand what you tried to do...they still might not agree with it but I doubt if they will harbor any resentment if they understand that you did what you thought best at the time and did it out of love.

One last thing that I will say...despite the strict upbringing that I had...I didn't walk away from Christianity so that I could live some sin filled life...had nothing to do with it.

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Trust in Jesus !!!! and you won't go to hell
Why not change that line of thought to: "Let Jesus love you and you may spend eternal bliss where there are no tears."

Why the threats? You can't scare people into believing anything, and it would be disingenuous. Why not offer the honey opposed to the vinegar?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Christian fantasy.
You realize Jesus is dead, and the Christ never existed, right?
Of course you do.
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him" (Jn. 3:36).

YO Chess give your life to Jesus

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, because I did that in the beginning didn't I? My point is, some of you guys/gals invite a lot of this stuff on yourselves and spread your distaste, sometimes rather nastily, over every Christian forum, a person can only take so much Annie. You go have a read back, I'm not arguing over your seeming to pretend to lose your memory or the ability to read.
JL...the last time that you and I talked you seemed to have no problems with me...now you seem to have.

If you feel as if I have attacked you please find the post or posts and I will reread them. If an apology is in order than I have no problems with giving you one.

I think that we all jump to conclusions sometimes and take someone disagreeing with us as being attacked.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Clownie: You seem to have missed the bus to anywhere.
Read your own book before telling others to do so. That way, you won't continue to misquote it or quote it out of context so that some non-Christian has to tell you what your own book says or in what context it is said. No magic decoder ring needed.
Im a slow reader

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
btw - which books would you like to see burned if you came to power???
i have a grand library including Holy Bibles of various translations, many biographies of saints of old, inspirational stories of valiant missionaries, study texts, many different daily devotionals...etc;)
Non-theists don't burn books, silly. We leave that to you fundies. Collectively, you've destroyed every holy book of every other religion you could get your hands on.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever, tinydick C student. Where did I mention assault rifles in that post. You just participated in Wasssssuuup Covenant #2. Once again, if you have to make things up about another's words, your position is built on nothing.
Isn't it time to get in the shit box Camaro and get your mullet trimmed.
<quoted text> Cite your source. Thank you for proving the efficacy of gun laws by invoking the dearth of deaths by illegal machine guns. Idiot.
Unfortunately, machine guns are not illegal in this country. And the gun ban on simi-automatic weapons, missiles, grenades and other such 'home protection' paraphernalia expired in 2004. Yeah, I need me a couple of hand grenades and missiles and a missile launcher to protect my property. I'm expecting the government to come kick in my door and take my handguns any minute now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 413,921 - 413,940 of440,826
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

374 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 min Naveen kumar 4,450
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Aura Mytha 719,927
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Buck Crick 223,988
Tony Dungy was right 21 min USN Atheist 10
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min Porkpie Hat 256,344
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 28 min Epiphany2 599,030
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 31 min sameer 390
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Chess 532,265
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr RATTYslayer 114,939
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace1 172,192
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000