Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Jul 08

Plymouth, MI

#438379 Jan 24, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Neither do you, but that doesn't stop you from claiming that you do.
LOL.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#438381 Jan 24, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Delayed his coming? He was gong to come sooner but changed his plans?
Your deity sure does change his mind a lot.
Or maybe he just doesn't exist.
He keeps trying to book a seat at the last minute during the holiday season. You'd think that after all of this time, He'd learn...

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#438382 Jan 24, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to argue here, but having a hunter in my home does not make me an atheist. You might want to rethink that one.
I think she was talking about guns for protection. At least that's the way I understood it. My sons hunt and fish. I think that's a different category.

I do think that those who claim protection from God are not proving it by saying they need guns for protection. God isn't in the gun business as far as I know.

It's a difficult subject, and not nearly as cut and dried as either side makes it out to be.

I also don't think Huh was talking to people like you. I don't see you as a rabid 'I'll kill the president if he tries to take my guns!' sort of person. Of course, I think there may have been a time or two you might have shot your old kitchen range with one had it been handy enough. I had one or two of those events early on, but thank goodness I have learned as I aged.

Hope you're doing well. It's been a lovely day here. Made homemade chicken and dumplings and called my neighbor to come over so I could share. She really liked them. But then again, she makes hers with canned biscuits. UGH!!!! But I was really happy that I could share something with her she liked.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#438383 Jan 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you still live under the old law, DOG? did you sacrafice a red heifer for your sins last year?
Foolish question, since sacrifices need to wait until the REAL Messiah comes and rebuilds the Temple. Of course, as legitimate Messianic prophecies state, once the real Messiah comes, ALL of the sacrifices will resume (for thanksgiving, since people will no longer sin)- Ezekiel and Jeremiah.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#438384 Jan 24, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot the fourth thing:
4. White Southern men have big penises.
HEY! I don't think the size of penises has nothing to do with location. I may have to form an inspection committee though, just to prove it.:)

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#438385 Jan 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
4. I prefer white men
All this penis derision makes me know for a fact that I have to form an inspection committee now. Do I start with the Southern fundies or the Northern ones? Oh wait. They're the ones that don't need an inspection.

Since: Jul 08

Plymouth, MI

#438386 Jan 24, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Foolish question, since sacrifices need to wait until the REAL Messiah comes and rebuilds the Temple. Of course, as legitimate Messianic prophecies state, once the real Messiah comes, ALL of the sacrifices will resume (for thanksgiving, since people will no longer sin)- Ezekiel and Jeremiah.
Mythology's a hoot, huh?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#438387 Jan 24, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>show me a man with both feet on the ground. I will show you a man that can't get his pants off...
I tried for two days
This sounds like the Clownie I used to know. You know, the one who actually had a sense of humor.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#438390 Jan 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i was not raised as a Christian & neither was my wife so after i we were born again, we were very zealous to raise our kids 'christian'. we were strict like your parents were and we made some mistakes but adjusted by the grace of God while our kids were still in school. they resent sum things, but they're no worse than pagans for it.
the thing i resent the most is the lost opportunity to emphasize the grace (unmerited favor) of God throughout the whole ordeal, rather than addressing behavior, behavior & behavior.
I think that this is the most open and honest post that I have seen of yours Wasup...thank you.

I don't regret how my parents raised me...it was fairly normal for the area that I lived in. How they raised me helped me to be who I am...good or bad.

My strict upbringing really had nothing to do with why I left the faith. I didn't really know at the time that there was anything any different so there was not resentment on my part.

At some point your children will look back and understand what you tried to do...they still might not agree with it but I doubt if they will harbor any resentment if they understand that you did what you thought best at the time and did it out of love.

One last thing that I will say...despite the strict upbringing that I had...I didn't walk away from Christianity so that I could live some sin filled life...had nothing to do with it.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#438392 Jan 24, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Christian fantasy.
You realize Jesus is dead, and the Christ never existed, right?
Of course you do.
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him" (Jn. 3:36).

YO Chess give your life to Jesus

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#438393 Jan 24, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, because I did that in the beginning didn't I? My point is, some of you guys/gals invite a lot of this stuff on yourselves and spread your distaste, sometimes rather nastily, over every Christian forum, a person can only take so much Annie. You go have a read back, I'm not arguing over your seeming to pretend to lose your memory or the ability to read.
JL...the last time that you and I talked you seemed to have no problems with me...now you seem to have.

If you feel as if I have attacked you please find the post or posts and I will reread them. If an apology is in order than I have no problems with giving you one.

I think that we all jump to conclusions sometimes and take someone disagreeing with us as being attacked.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438394 Jan 24, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Clownie: You seem to have missed the bus to anywhere.
Read your own book before telling others to do so. That way, you won't continue to misquote it or quote it out of context so that some non-Christian has to tell you what your own book says or in what context it is said. No magic decoder ring needed.
Im a slow reader

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#438395 Jan 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
btw - which books would you like to see burned if you came to power???
i have a grand library including Holy Bibles of various translations, many biographies of saints of old, inspirational stories of valiant missionaries, study texts, many different daily devotionals...etc;)
Non-theists don't burn books, silly. We leave that to you fundies. Collectively, you've destroyed every holy book of every other religion you could get your hands on.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#438396 Jan 24, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever, tinydick C student. Where did I mention assault rifles in that post. You just participated in Wasssssuuup Covenant #2. Once again, if you have to make things up about another's words, your position is built on nothing.
Isn't it time to get in the shit box Camaro and get your mullet trimmed.
<quoted text> Cite your source. Thank you for proving the efficacy of gun laws by invoking the dearth of deaths by illegal machine guns. Idiot.
Unfortunately, machine guns are not illegal in this country. And the gun ban on simi-automatic weapons, missiles, grenades and other such 'home protection' paraphernalia expired in 2004. Yeah, I need me a couple of hand grenades and missiles and a missile launcher to protect my property. I'm expecting the government to come kick in my door and take my handguns any minute now.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438397 Jan 24, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus himself said otherwise:
Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God...
John 8:58
58 Jesus said to them,“Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#438398 Jan 24, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Because I point out how fractally wrong you are and how the only people that ever persecuted Christians prior to the 19th Century were Christians? Or how you are not being persecuted here but participating voluntarily and how you piss on the graves of those who were actually persecuted before you? No.
You, Clown, Kait, and G-O-D should take your dog and pony show on the road. You'd out earn Honey Boo Boo.
Why did you have to go and ruin my evening by mentioning honey boo-boo? I want to vomit every time those ads come on.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438399 Jan 24, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian clusterfuck.
reported

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#438400 Jan 24, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Juicylu is a poser, that is the second "location error" I have read.
Thanks. I thought for a while I was the only one paying attention.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#438401 Jan 24, 2013
Proxysan wrote:
A little history for X.
A long time ago in "Christian Lies Exposed" land. Lived an asshole named XcntrikinVidor. He proudly displayed his home town as Paris, TX. Talked about it. Claimed it as his own. ETC.
Well, water_nymph posted a link to ning that had her name and home town right there at the top. Jim (God rest his soul) also posted a link that led to his "Wordsmith' page that, in turn, linked to his facebook page. Friends will be friends, I guess, no matter where it leads. seems like they both shared a friend from Paris, TX. Well now, I got a name. Well, that dude, of course had his picture on there.
Need I really go on?
Well, you can delete your facebook page, but you can't delete my screen shots and image copies.
I got everybody.
The end.
It's a shame that your life is so painfully devoid of anything normal that you have to be an internet peeping tom. But if that's what works for you, so be it.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438402 Jan 24, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
you're very dumb when it comes to the holy word of God...
2 Peter 1:21-- "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.");
every letter is also inspired by holy men

you don't understand the holy word of God

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min New Age Spiritual... 679,149
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min UMORONRACEUMAKEWO... 119,216
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min bad bob 2,598
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Peter Ross 6,269
Iranian Brother & Sister wanted For FRAUD!!! 2 hr Bella Esmail Moore 1
______ *ANTICHRIST in plain view / (*News) ______ 3 hr NewsYTube 1
__POPE's 'World Plan' matches MARK of BEAST__ 7 hr YTubeNews 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
More from around the web