Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#438340 Jan 24, 2013
I trust Jesus as my lord and savior...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438341 Jan 24, 2013
When Bro. Clownie post of the Bible as the Word of God I do not only mean that it contains the Word of God but that it is the Word of God.

Amen

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438342 Jan 24, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all Christians came here with the intent to ridicule or condemn, I know of one that came here to learn what is causing people to leave the faith and got severely gnashed at instead.
They are evil Juicy, but they can't help it satan owns their soul... they are like vipers

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#438344 Jan 24, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>They are evil Juicy, but they can't help it satan owns their soul... they are like vipers
I agree Clownie. I don't know how you do it, God Bless you holey Clown <3

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#438345 Jan 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That answer to that question is fairly easy...one that you should be able to figure out on your own. However...since I know that you struggle at times even with the simplest of logic...I will help you.
When one becomes a Christian they find fellowship with Christians normally in their place of worship. If you have questions or doubts you have a minister or priest to seek advice from. You have a book that if you choose to read it and follow the instructions gives you a guide to how to live your life.
When one leaves the faith they have none of that. There is no formal gathering place...no set of instructions...no one to discuss your choice with. This thread gives us those options. Our reasons for leaving might vary but we all share in common the fact that we walked away from a faith that we once believed in that influenced our lives.
If Christians (and there have been a few) would come to this thread...not to preach or condemn...they might learn something...such as...what is causing people to leave the Christian faith.
I read an article about a year ago where one church had the courage and faith to ask an atheist to come and speak to them. They wanted to learn what they were doing wrong that caused people to not believe in God...to walk away after years in the faith...what they could do differently.
NoStress is an example of that type of person...she wants to learn...Senecus...OYE...and a handful of others have come here to educate themselves. They wanted to understand why and how we made the choices that we did. They didn't come to harass...convert...ridicule nor condemn...
You however along with many others came to harass......ridicule and condemn. You have truly not shared your heart...if you have...IMO you have a warped way of showing it. The pleasure that you derive from this thread is the disruption that you cause. Sadly most often we allow you to do so.
Your question was really a silly one considering that the title of this thread is "Why I Am No Longer A Christian". That should have been a clue. Since it wasn't to you I hope that my explanation has helped.
you haven't been honest w/me about your marilyn manson (aka why i hate christianity) story, but today i saw what you said about growing up in strict/legalistic environment.

THAT WAS NOT GOD'S FAULT!!! so get over it & stop being a bigot:)

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438346 Jan 24, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
may the grace of our lord Jesus Christ always be with you Juicy...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#438347 Jan 24, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you agreeing that we are all vipers might have something to do with some in here bashing you JL. I don't know...just a thought...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#438348 Jan 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you haven't been honest w/me about your marilyn manson (aka why i hate christianity) story, but today i saw what you said about growing up in strict/legalistic environment.
Thank you for your input Wasup.

I have never said that I hated Christianity Wasup...please find a post where I have ever said that.

I don't really think that I hate anything...well accept cottage cheese...now that I am a bigot about...think it should be taken off the market.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438349 Jan 24, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You win the prize, a weekend retreat with Clownie, Dr. Shrink and Doctor Reality.
Yo X are you still on the side of the road down in Texas, with that sign that says HOT GRITS GET EM WHILE THEY ARE HOT!!!!!!!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438350 Jan 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you agreeing that we are all vipers might have something to do with some in here bashing you JL. I don't know...just a thought...
Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?(Matthew 23:33) The only way is to give your life to Jesus..

LOVE BRO. CLOWNIE
Rosa Winkel

Brookvale, Australia

#438351 Jan 24, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all Christians came here with the intent to ridicule or condemn, I know of one that came here to learn what is causing people to leave the faith and got severely gnashed at instead.
I'm not like that. So I hope you're a long way from the flooding.

Since: Jul 08

Plymouth, MI

#438352 Jan 24, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?(Matthew 23:33) The only way is to give your life to Jesus..
LOVE BRO. CLOWNIE
Jesus really spoke Elizabethan English?

Say it ain't so.

Plymouth, MI

#438353 Jan 24, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Yo X are you still on the side of the road down in Texas, with that sign that says HOT GRITS GET EM WHILE THEY ARE HOT!!!!!!!
Christian fantasy.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#438354 Jan 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, because I did that in the beginning didn't I? My point is, some of you guys/gals invite a lot of this stuff on yourselves and spread your distaste, sometimes rather nastily, over every Christian forum, a person can only take so much Annie. You go have a read back, I'm not arguing over your seeming to pretend to lose your memory or the ability to read.

Plymouth, MI

#438355 Jan 24, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>may the grace of our lord Jesus Christ always be with you Juicy...
Another Christian fantasy.

You realize Jesus is dead, and the Christ never existed, right?

Of course you do.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#438357 Jan 24, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not like that. So I hope you're a long way from the flooding.
I know that Rosa, the people I refer to know who they are. No flooding here, not yet anyway <3

Plymouth, MI

#438358 Jan 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it surely wasn't the Christian god's fault.

He's pretend.

Plymouth, MI

#438359 Jan 24, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian clusterfuck.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#438360 Jan 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your input Wasup.
I have never said that I hated Christianity Wasup...please find a post where I have ever said that.
I don't really think that I hate anything...well accept cottage cheese...now that I am a bigot about...think it should be taken off the market.
i was not raised as a Christian & neither was my wife so after i we were born again, we were very zealous to raise our kids 'christian'. we were strict like your parents were and we made some mistakes but adjusted by the grace of God while our kids were still in school. they resent sum things, but they're no worse than pagans for it.

the thing i resent the most is the lost opportunity to emphasize the grace (unmerited favor) of God throughout the whole ordeal, rather than addressing behavior, behavior & behavior.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#438361 Jan 24, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and she has said several times that women are not to teach men. But then she teaches men. Revealing, isn't it?
These people don't really believe anything they tell you they believe. They are here to condemn and be holier-than-thou (in their own minds, certainly in no one else's) and preach that which they know absolutely nothing about.
But it helps the cause, so I'm not going to complain.
I'm not complaining; they provide me with alot of entertainment.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rajkot gey (Nov '15) 17 min abc 80
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 24 min Rosa_Winkel 71,057
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min donaldtrump 283,022
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 28 min Spider1954 3,045
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 49 min gundee123 5,061
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 53 min Marge 658,876
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 974,828
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 4 hr Go Blue Forever 254
More from around the web