Why I’m no longer a Christian
Rosa Winkel

Brookvale, Australia

#438329 Jan 24, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> No. It helps the cause of killing off your particular brand of hate. You are doing such a good job, I don't have to stand in the way. Sane people can read your posts and know they want no part of what you're peddling.
Kudos to you and all the other hate-mongers here. All the atheists in the world cannot do the damage to your religion that you yourselves are doing.
Christopher Hitchens knew that.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#438331 Jan 24, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
G'day SL! Fancy meeting you here, got a shield?
Got my Shield, but I have to run out, in a few... I will be back in about 3 hours... Hold the fort down for me, will ya? SL

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#438333 Jan 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
here's a pretty easy test:
how do you feel about God and His people; aka - why are you on this thread?
That answer to that question is fairly easy...one that you should be able to figure out on your own. However...since I know that you struggle at times even with the simplest of logic...I will help you.

When one becomes a Christian they find fellowship with Christians normally in their place of worship. If you have questions or doubts you have a minister or priest to seek advice from. You have a book that if you choose to read it and follow the instructions gives you a guide to how to live your life.

When one leaves the faith they have none of that. There is no formal gathering place...no set of instructions...no one to discuss your choice with. This thread gives us those options. Our reasons for leaving might vary but we all share in common the fact that we walked away from a faith that we once believed in that influenced our lives.

If Christians (and there have been a few) would come to this thread...not to preach or condemn...they might learn something...such as...what is causing people to leave the Christian faith.

I read an article about a year ago where one church had the courage and faith to ask an atheist to come and speak to them. They wanted to learn what they were doing wrong that caused people to not believe in God...to walk away after years in the faith...what they could do differently.

NoStress is an example of that type of person...she wants to learn...Senecus...OYE...and a handful of others have come here to educate themselves. They wanted to understand why and how we made the choices that we did. They didn't come to harass...convert...ridicule nor condemn...

You however along with many others came to harass......ridicule and condemn. You have truly not shared your heart...if you have...IMO you have a warped way of showing it. The pleasure that you derive from this thread is the disruption that you cause. Sadly most often we allow you to do so.

Your question was really a silly one considering that the title of this thread is "Why I Am No Longer A Christian". That should have been a clue. Since it wasn't to you I hope that my explanation has helped.
Rosa Winkel

Brookvale, Australia

#438335 Jan 24, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as a Judeo-Christian. That was made up by pundits on TV. Christians were killing Jews until 1945. Christians were killing each other until 19th Century. Now Christians kill Muslims, Muslims kill Jews and Christian, and Jews kill Muslims. Religion is a vile, destructive force and your continued skip down your insane path besides being proven fractally wron is just further perpetuation of the Wasssuuuup Covenants.
That's an accurate enough history lesson, thanks.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#438336 Jan 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is Mrs. McGregor that we have to watch out for...she is the one that baked Peter's father into a rabbit pie.
Wait a minute...kind of like some of the Christians here that would like to bake all us heathens in hell! YIKES!
Trust in Jesus !!!! and you won't go to hell

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438337 Jan 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That answer to that question is fairly easy...one that you should be able to figure out on your own. However...since I know that you struggle at times even with the simplest of logic...I will help you.
When one becomes a Christian they find fellowship with Christians normally in their place of worship. If you have questions or doubts you have a minister or priest to seek advice from. You have a book that if you choose to read it and follow the instructions gives you a guide to how to live your life.
When one leaves the faith they have none of that. There is no formal gathering place...no set of instructions...no one to discuss your choice with. This thread gives us those options. Our reasons for leaving might vary but we all share in common the fact that we walked away from a faith that we once believed in that influenced our lives.
If Christians (and there have been a few) would come to this thread...not to preach or condemn...they might learn something...such as...what is causing people to leave the Christian faith.
I read an article about a year ago where one church had the courage and faith to ask an atheist to come and speak to them. They wanted to learn what they were doing wrong that caused people to not believe in God...to walk away after years in the faith...what they could do differently.
NoStress is an example of that type of person...she wants to learn...Senecus...OYE...and a handful of others have come here to educate themselves. They wanted to understand why and how we made the choices that we did. They didn't come to harass...convert...ridicule nor condemn...
You however along with many others came to harass......ridicule and condemn. You have truly not shared your heart...if you have...IMO you have a warped way of showing it. The pleasure that you derive from this thread is the disruption that you cause. Sadly most often we allow you to do so.
Your question was really a silly one considering that the title of this thread is "Why I Am No Longer A Christian". That should have been a clue. Since it wasn't to you I hope that my explanation has helped.
The non christians on here are haters

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#438338 Jan 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all Christians came here with the intent to ridicule or condemn, I know of one that came here to learn what is causing people to leave the faith and got severely gnashed at instead.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438339 Jan 24, 2013
He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters" (Matt. 12:30).
"There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day" (Jn. 12:48).

TRUST IN JESUS

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438340 Jan 24, 2013
I trust Jesus as my lord and savior...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438341 Jan 24, 2013
When Bro. Clownie post of the Bible as the Word of God I do not only mean that it contains the Word of God but that it is the Word of God.

Amen

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438342 Jan 24, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all Christians came here with the intent to ridicule or condemn, I know of one that came here to learn what is causing people to leave the faith and got severely gnashed at instead.
They are evil Juicy, but they can't help it satan owns their soul... they are like vipers

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#438344 Jan 24, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>They are evil Juicy, but they can't help it satan owns their soul... they are like vipers
I agree Clownie. I don't know how you do it, God Bless you holey Clown <3

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#438345 Jan 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
you haven't been honest w/me about your marilyn manson (aka why i hate christianity) story, but today i saw what you said about growing up in strict/legalistic environment.

THAT WAS NOT GOD'S FAULT!!! so get over it & stop being a bigot:)

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438346 Jan 24, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
may the grace of our lord Jesus Christ always be with you Juicy...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#438347 Jan 24, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you agreeing that we are all vipers might have something to do with some in here bashing you JL. I don't know...just a thought...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#438348 Jan 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you haven't been honest w/me about your marilyn manson (aka why i hate christianity) story, but today i saw what you said about growing up in strict/legalistic environment.
THAT WAS NOT GOD'S FAULT!!! so get over it & stop being a bigot:)
Thank you for your input Wasup.

I have never said that I hated Christianity Wasup...please find a post where I have ever said that.

I don't really think that I hate anything...well accept cottage cheese...now that I am a bigot about...think it should be taken off the market.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438349 Jan 24, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You win the prize, a weekend retreat with Clownie, Dr. Shrink and Doctor Reality.
Yo X are you still on the side of the road down in Texas, with that sign that says HOT GRITS GET EM WHILE THEY ARE HOT!!!!!!!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#438350 Jan 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you agreeing that we are all vipers might have something to do with some in here bashing you JL. I don't know...just a thought...
Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?(Matthew 23:33) The only way is to give your life to Jesus..

LOVE BRO. CLOWNIE
Rosa Winkel

Brookvale, Australia

#438351 Jan 24, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not like that. So I hope you're a long way from the flooding.

Since: Jul 08

Plymouth, MI

#438352 Jan 24, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?(Matthew 23:33) The only way is to give your life to Jesus..
LOVE BRO. CLOWNIE
Jesus really spoke Elizabethan English?

Say it ain't so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Dec 2017 News 990,674
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Odor of Bongos 45,702
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min TRUE CATHOLIC her... 691,856
Mista Shrink Doo Doo Bwain! 48 min Doctor REALITY 3
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr el rey de los cam... 8,526
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 hr el rey de los cam... 385
mamba......... 10 hr Doctor REALITY 3
More from around the web